[PP-F9] Meeting Another Psycho [Alkor]

Daeron had been hearing of Alkor, a new "psycho" who's on the loose. Being interested in this so-called "psychopath" he had managed to get in touch with the mysterious player. He had met the player here and there, but he never really knew him. Daeron sent the player a message saying he wanted to meet up. Daeron brought his weapon along in case anything hits the fan, but for the most part, he was interesting in "befriending" Alkor.

He knew the player had some power as he was part of the boss fights that he had been in a part of. Sitting in the center of town, Daeron ate away at some bread that he had purchased from an NPC, but had gotten it for free as a slight gift. Tasting plain and boring, he threw it away and watched it shatter into the pixels of database that dissipated into the air.

His heralds were silence and dust. The blazing heat of the ninth floor greeted him with harsh indifference. Alkor's soft, quiet gaze skimmed the outer fringes of the floor for the player that had summoned him here. Daeron.

Among the most notorious of players in the game, Daeron had the infamy of being an infamous player killer, and historically speaking, the man with the most murders. Alkor knew that his Player Killing status made him a target for men who played that game, but he had not been deterred by the possibility of death.

Black creases of fabric shivered in the dry wind behind him as he walked, and Alkor came to an abrupt halt as the other man threw the scrappings of a meal aside.

Alkor brought a hand to his lips and stifled a mighty yawn, the only evidence of several near sleepless nights. Outside of the safe zone, he'd become too paranoid to let his guard down long. Nightbringer at Alkor's side growled a silent promise of slaughter if it's naked form were exposed, but Alkor relented from drawing it. He would, if it could be helped, avoid that outburst of violence that nagged in the back of his mind. The ability to kill is not the right, he reminded himself for the nth time.

"You called me?" He asked, stepping to a spot not so far from the higher leveled player, staring out over the hazy floor with a vacant look on his face.

Daeron watched as Alkor had approached with silence and didn't do much of anything besides yawn. When he was directly approached about calling him, Daeron nodded his head to confirm his question. "Yes. I did summon you. I've been hearing a lot of things about you. And not good either." he said as he stood up and stretched. His legs had been stiff for a while, so allowing him to stretch them out for a change was nice. Daeron then walked towards Alkor and stuck out his hand with a gentleman's gesture.

"The name is Daeron, Your Superior." Daeron said with a grin on his face.

Through Daeron's orange-to-amber eyes, he saw nothing but black on Alkor, which led him to believe he was in this a little too deep. Daeron was actually different. He prefered to kill a player with clothing that would make him stand out from the others so that people don't confuse his face with others.

Daeron took out his map, to scan the area for any players that may be around since they were both player killers, it'd be risky for them to be out in the open alone, however because Daeron and Alkor were both pretty deadly guys, he figured that nobody would actually be dumb enough to try to ambush them. If anything, the only type of person that might do something that foolish would be someone who already has a death wish.

"Hah," Alkor laughed aloud. "In levels, maybe." Deftly he reached up, peeling back his hood to reveal auburn hair and gold eyes that danced with amusement at the hubris that the other player revealed through his words. It was a reputation that preceded the man, his ego, but it was a well deserved accolade. Alkor was, however, the level headed, down to earth sort of player that grounded people with their head in the clouds.

Black had been his chosen color from the beginning,however, it was fitting for the role he'd seemed to undertake through the killing of Uriel, and inevitably, anyone else who threatened the safety of another player. "Not good, eh?" He asked with a hollow laugh. "That doesn't surprise me much. When you kill someone, there's always someone who takes it the wrong way. It wasn't personal."

The scene still replayed in his mind, though his callous dismissal of the act lent to the belief that the action had not weighed heavily on his conscience. In reality, Alkor was not the type of person who would simply kill someone if there were another option. Proof that he had, though, and evidence of his skill would go a long way in deterring other players from questioning his resolve- or incurring his wrath.

He skimmed the minimap in his HUD, barely moving his gaze from the horizon. It might appear he was idle. "I decided," he said at last, breaking the tension that had mounted during his bout of silence, "to go after other Player Killers."

Daeron winced when he heard him say that he wants to go after other Player Killers. Not grabbing his weapon yet, he was ready for him to strike. The second he drew his weapon, Daeron would do the same, and if that happened, many people would be amazed by the fight. "Was that supposed to be a threat?" Daeron asked trying to figure out the logic behind his madness.

It was common for a Player Killer to hunt down normal players, but for a Player Killer to hunt another, is a new story. Daeron hadn't even considered that option due to the fact that he could compare himself to other killers in this world. Though Daeron may have had the most kills and he gave up killing, that doesn't mean he won't do it again if he needs to.

At this point, Alkor could probably take him, Daeron not having much equipment at all, he wouldn't be nearly ready for a fight as he wasn't necessarily anticipating it. However, regardless of what he had, he'd be prepared to fight until he dropped and converted into the shards of the database that controlled their lives and deaths.

"No," Alkor replied with a shake of his head. "I just wanted to give you that information." He looked sidelong at Daeron finally, after the awkwardness erupted, and he smirked. "I know about your intention to give up killing and become a constructive member of the Front Line effort," he offered, gesturing with his hand toward the sky. "And with a strong player like you helping Lessa and the others, they're far more likely to succeed. I..." he faltered for a moment, sighing. "I want to protect these people. But how do you do that when they're afraid of you?"

He shrugged. "They may never see what I'm doing. They might never hear about it in main cities or from couriers bearing the news. But I'm content with that."

Alkor smiled and turned to look over his shoulder at the volcano that housed floor nine's major city. "That's why I agreed to meet you here," he told Daeron, "I might spend the rest of my time in the game prohibited from entering cities. Someone needs to be at boss fight planning to stand beside Lessa. I don't think I'd be good for the Guardian title she had envisioned. People don't react well when they see red names. It doesn't make one feel safe."

"Trust me. I know. If anything, I had it worse than you. The difference is that you were trying to protect people and I killed them because I enjoyed it. I laughed when I killed all of my victims." Daeron then looked up at the sky as well. "I like Lessa as well. A lot, but if you want her, I'll back off." Daeron said as he gave a glance at Alkor. Daeron relaxed himself now that Alkor didn't want to fight him.

"Just remember one thing... If you ever censored hurt Lessa. I'll will kill you with my blade." Daeron threatened Alkor. Although he wanted to befriend him, if he ever did anything to hurt her, Alkor would become the pixels that dissipate into the database.

Alkor smiled at the sentiment. "She's a good person, Daeron," he replied, "and she's lucky to have you looking out for her." He held up a hand for peace when the man made his threat. "You don't have to worry about that," he told him, "I don't have it in me to be the kind of person Lessa needs around. I don't nurture that goodness she has inherently. At least, I don't see it if I do."

Alkor glanced over an area that glimmered red as mobs spawned nearby. "If you care that much, you're a better man than I am," he muttered, "apparently I have a one track mind, and beating this game is all I know."

He glanced over at the man one more time and wondered. Enjoyed taking those lives, had he? "Let me give you the same warning, then," he said quietly, "except for this. If you ever take another life, I will hunt you down just like any other Player Killer. Lessa's heart would break if you proved yourself only to betray her trust."

With that Alkor laughed. "Now, if we're done with this pissing contest," he smirked, "what did you have in mind?"

Daeron gave him a cold, sharp glare through his orange eyes, releasing only anger through his eyes. Here Daeron thought he'd befriend this guy, but in the end if almost seemed that he was making yet another enemy. When Alkor threatened Daeron, he laughed. Daeron had no fear, laughing in his face as he knew Alkor couldn't take him on when Daeron would give everything.

"It's not even funny you threatened me, but the fact that you try to scare me with Lessa is pathetic." he said easing up on his laughter into more of a straightforward expression. "Listen, I have no intentions of hurting her like you did. I care for her, I would never mess with her feelings like you are. You act like some sort of puppet master with her." he said calling him out on what he's been hearing of lately as to what he's done to Lessa.

"And the next time you threaten me, it's you who should be worried." he made a returning threat in his face.

"Pah," Alkor shook his head. "The words of a child. You think you know everything." He turned and began to walk away. "Grow the hell up, or you're going to end up hurting more people than just her."

Maybe what Daeron said made sense to him. Alkor couldn't know what Lessa had said to him in his absence. If that was how she felt- puppet master? Heh. It was good that he planned on not coming back. "I have never pretended to feel anything for Lessa. Or anyone else," Alkor replied, "and whether or not you believe that, you can believe-"

Alkor looked at him, no emotion at all registering in his gaze, an amber that reflected Daeron's own. "I'm a man of my word."

Starting toward the wilderness of the ninth floor, Alkor opened his menu and selected a path that would lead him out to the fringes of the floor. He'd spend some time farming out here, solely to get himself a bit stronger before he went looking for leads o other player killers.

His only goodbye to Daeron was a quick, stiff wave.

Daeron followed Alkor and grabbed his arm, turning him to face him. "How about you listen up for a moment." Daeron said as he looked into his eyes. Daeron was tired of him being a jerk. "You act like nobody cares so that you can get Lessa to chase after you. Then when you get what you want, you push her away and cause trouble. I care for her, and you know that. So it's because you're a prick towards her that she's always so upset." Daeron was so angry, he was red in the face and he was ready to blow a fuse, if Alkor wouldn't stop the way he is, Daeron doesn't know how much he could hold himself back.

Alkor turned, facing Daeron as the man spoke and watched his expression carefully. "She actually believes that?" He asked incredulously, eyes narrowing to slits. It made bile rise in his throat, so putrid he wanted to gag. In his mind, a maelstrom of confusion and disgust railed against his senses, and he snorted.

"No," he shook his head. "I don't. And you can tell her I said as much." There. It was done. No matter how untrue it was, there was no going back, now. Alkor left that final message with Daeron. "I want Lessa to leave me the hell alone. I don't need anyone getting in my way."

Like all good things, friendships came to bitter, sad ends. He opened the menu and scrolled over his friends list, selecting Lessa's name. His hand wavered there for less than a second before he removed her. "See? Done. Gone. I'm dead to her. Satisfied?"

Alkor closed the menu and let out an indignant huff. "Now, is this about her, or me? Because I am running out of patience."

"I guess it's just personal isn't it then." Daeron said as he drew his weapon. He didn't like to even look at him anymore, and the fact that he was that getting on his last name. Daeron wanted him dead and he wanted it now. The only reason why he hasn't acted yet was because he wasn't sure how Lessa would feel if she did that. He knew deep down she still like him, so if he killed him, would she hate him?

Daeron's hand hovered over the "Total Loss Mode" duel request he was ready to send to Alkor, he looked up once more at him just to see if he was truly worth potentially losing Lessa over.

"Business," Alkor corrected, "never personal." He sighed and waved Daeron off. "Cool it, big guy," he told the other man. "Your actions have consequences. Just because you can solve things with a sword doesn't make it the best way." Alkor made no move for his own sword, nor would he accept a duel if it were offered. Honor was a fool's venture in a game like this. It was a noble way to think, but Alkor knew that fighting this battle now would profit neither one of them. "Sometimes the hardest thing to do is walk away."

Alkor left that last part hanging. Maybe Daeron would pick up on it. Perhaps he wouldn't. It seemed to Alkor that the man was a hothead who didn't always think things through. "You killed people because you didn't like them," Alkor said, "that's going to bury you one day, you know that? One day, when this madness ends, if it doesn't take you first, you're going to wake up in a hospital bed somewhere, and you're going to remember that you murdered other human beings. In cold blood. Because you could."

Alkor looked at the other man with cold, calm eyes. "I know what I did. I'll be able to live myself. Will you?" Alkor watched the other man for a long moment, then sighed. He knew it wasn't likely his words would reach the man, nor would they haunt them until one day when he looked back on his time in SAO.

"Lessa asked me once why I killed someone. You'd better have a better answer than I did if you plan on ending another life in this game."

"Either way," he stretched his neck and heard a creaking pop. "I've got no reason to fight with you, or desire to. I don't know what your problem is with me, but it's not my problem."