SP - F1 <<Earning a living>>

I took a seat on the edge of the fountain in the centre of the city of beginnings looking at everyone going about their business musicians playing music and people dropping money in little boxes for them, people running around carrying glass vials with odd liquids inside and merchants sitting at stall with player markers above their heads. "I wonder how i can learn a proffesion then"i wondered aloud. Sighing to myself i started wandering the various stalls looking at nothing in particular until someone called out to me.

"Hey you nooby you ok there you wanna buy something?" A man behind stall with some fancy looking swords called. "Huh" i turned around to greet the voices owner he was a man of around 24 by the looks of him he had an appron on and a forge behind him so i instantly assumed he was a blacksmith. "What can i get you lad" he said to me with a broad grin "uhm no thanks I'm trying to figure out how to learn the smiths trade myself i don't have much Col you see and lack of equipment is making me think if i can make my own i can earn money and help the players around me" i explained. To my suprise he grinned and pointed to a seat next to him. "Then let me help you get started" he said

I took a seat next to him and began to explain how i need to gather materials and equipment in order to start earning a living here in SAO after his little tutorial i thanked him and left still a little unsure where to start so i went back the fountain to go over in my head what i would need to do to start my part time endeavors as a smith. Ofcourse first of all ill need a Smiths hammer so i can shape and mold my materials. Unfortunately i can't make anything without materials and to obtain materials i have to complete a quest. Walking over to the quest board i took the <<earning a living>> quest and looked at my objectives in my menu.

My first objective was to kill boars to find my hammer.

"Ok lets go" i shouted with a fist pump. This earned me few funny look so i cleared my throat and set off back out into the meadow where i could find boars.

Unsheathing my sword from my back i approached the first boar i could find still unsure what to do since it was only my second fight.

Boar Lvl 2 (hp 6/6)

Tom lvl 3 (hp 9/9)

Tom rolled a 7 on BD

I swung my sword in the boars direction and managed to graze the boar knocking a health point away

Boar lvl 2 (hp 5/6)

Tom lvl 3 (hp 9/9)

The boar attempted to charge change direction but unfortunately slipped on the mud

boar rolled 4 on MD

Perma roller id: 2448

Tom lvl 3 (hp 9/9)

Boar lvl 2 (hp 5/6)

Tom rolled 2 on BD

Boar rolled 4 on MD

perma roller id : 2452

My next attack was a lot more successful however i pierced the side of the boar dealing a critical hit but it still managed to graze my arm during the attack.

Tom rolled 9 on BD

Boar rolled 5 on MD

Perma roll id:2453

boar lvl 2 (hp 3/6)

Tom lvl 3 (hp 8/9)

I messed up my next attack swinging wide allowing the boar to knock me off my feet i watched as my health trickled away and began to panic

Boar roled 10 on MD

Tom rolled 2 on BD

Perma roller id:2454

boar lvl 2 (hp 3/6)

Tom lvl 3 (hp 5/9)

Tom rolled 9 on BD

perma roller id:2455

taking the opportunity to launch another attack against the boar i spun on my heel and activated my sword skill slashing the boars head off leaving pixels floating where boar was a moment ago

The pixels cleared and in its place was a smiths hammer.

I twirled my sword in triumph before sheathing it behind my back and taaking the hammer. Unsure what to do next i decided to head back to town to think about my next move.

Unsure as how to proceed i retraced my steps back into the center of the city. I examined the item description for the smith hammer and was greeted with a rather bland description and a message that amused me greatly. 'A smiths hammer - Blacksmith profession required.'

''Well simply obtaining the tools doesn't give me the profession then i guess'' i muttered to myself. I took my seat back on the edge of the fountain and got lost in thought about all the possible ways i could continue the quest and then the simplest of answers occurred to me. Swiping the air with my hand revealed my in game menu so i selected quests and sure enough the Earning a living quest was highlighted indicating i had a new objective.

'Speak to the smithy trainer' it read.

This confused me even more than before how was i supposed to find a trainer in this huge city let alone the whole floor the size was huge and it could be days before i even figure out where to go. I closed my menu and proceeded to wander the city aimlessly speaking to random npc's to see if i could gather any information.

Eventually i stumbled upon the stall of the man i met earlier and he greeted me with a smile. "Hoy there fella how goes the hunting" he asked

"I obtained my hammer but now i need to find a trainer" i replied darkly

"Well why don't you go see my brother in the nearby village across the meadow" he told me

i nodded in thanks and set off. Looks like I'm goin for a walk.

I exited the city through my usual west gate and nodded to the npc guard as i passed. He nodded in reply which sparked my interest. Npc's don't have a player indicator and neither did the man from earlier, so does that mean that he is an npc i wondered. I pushed the thought out of my head and brought up my map interface to find the village i was supposed to headed to

I noted my position and traced the path from the main city to the little village. It didn't look as far as i first imagined so i took off taking careful note to keep to path i didn't want to draw any unnecessary aggro and with PKers around i certainly didn't want to get caught in unfamiliar lands

Health

Bandit lvl 2 7/7

Tom lvl 4 9/11

Bandit rolled 9 on MD

Perma roller id: 2456

i felt a stabbing pain in my back as a dagger slashed by back falling down in pain i tried to get up and unsheath my sword at the same time counting myself lucky the bandit didn't land a huge hit on me otherwise id have been in trouble

health

bandit 7/7

Tom 7/11

Bandit rolled 9 on MD

Tom rolled 7 on BD

We both attacked each other the bandit landing more hits than me dropping both our hp

Tom 4/11

Bandit 4/7

Perma roller id: 2461

The next exchange resulted in the pair of us locking weapons but the bandit got the upper hand and pushed me back and charged towards me

Bandit 10 MD

Tom 9 BD

PR ID: 2462

The bandit was careless in his charge and i side stepped and slashed his legs causing him to fall overhim self

Tom 5 BD

Bandit 2 MD

PR ID:2463

Tom 4/11

Bandit 3/7

Anothe weapon lock but this time the bandit kicked my leg bringing me to my knees

Bandit 10 MD

Tom 8 MD

PR ID: 2466

Tom 3/11

Bandit 3/7

I quickly hacked. at his legs again bringing him down to my level we were face to face now both in agony desperate to survive

Tom 8 BD

Bandit 4 MD

PR ID:2467

Tom 3/11

Bandit 2/7

Bandit 6 MD

The bandit stabbed me in the stomach the pain was unbelievable am i going to die here i thought?

Tom 2/11

Bandit 2/11

PR ID

Gathering the last of my strength i swung my sword at the bandits neck decapitating him in a shower of pixels

Tom 9 BD

PR ID

I got up and quickly carried on my way before anything else could attack me

I arrived at. the village shortly after

The building were all made of logs which didn't look very study at first glance but further inspection showed just how well the craftsmanship was. I had to stop and remind myself this was a game and what i was meant to be doing so i went to the tavern and asked the bar keep for directions

He told me the smith was just down the street. I thanked him and took off down the street as fast as i could i nearly bumped into a few players here and there and npcs shouted random lines about being careful. I came to a full stop right in front of the smiths house and knocked loudly waiting for a reply

The door swung open and there in front of me stood a giant of a man with a beard of great length reaching his waist. This man was clearly an npc and quite intimitading to. "Uhm hello I'm here to see the great smith trainer" i said but my voice came out all sqeaky. Not much frightens me since that incident but this man was definitely someone to avoid in a dark alley

"Haha come on in my boy i assume your here to learn the trade" he boomed

I recoiled at how loud his voice was yet still i accepted his invitation and stepped inside once in there i noticed all the equipment he had scattered about this was going to be intresting i thought "well i guess I'm your new apprentice" i said

He handed me a sword and told me to shape it how i saw fit with my hammer but since i had no idea what to do so i just smacked away at the sword hoping for the best. This process was repeated over and over and over until i managed to shape atleast what could be seen as a respectable dagger. The down side to all this however was i wasn't allowed to keep anything i made.