[SP-F1] Beginnings (Complete)

The first thing I decided to learn was how to fight monsters. The two-handed sword I had was heavy, and I wondered if I would actually be able to hit something with it. After training for a while, just performing practice swings, I decided to head out and find a basic monster to train on. Finding a gate that lead outside, I took a first look around the outskirts of the city. The Starting City seemed to be surrounded by grass, with a lake and a forest further in the distance. I set off looking for a weak monster, that could be killed by a beginner easily.

I walked for around five minutes outside of the safety of the Starting City, looking for a monster to kill. Aincrad was really a stunningly beautiful place, even if I was trapped in it. Everything was so lifelike, you could say, well, that it was like the real world. 

I noticed a small animal walking around in the grass. It looked harmless, possibly just there for visual effect? I didn't want to kill it. A couple of seconds later, it turned around, and I could see its razor sharp tusks and small, reddish eyes. It looked like a boar. I realized that this was a monster, and that I had missed a chance for a surprise attack by mistaking it as harmless. The boar pawed the ground and snorted loudly, preparing to charge. 

ID: 2756

BD: 1 <Critical Fail>

MD: 1 <Critical Fail>

The boar took off towards me at a frightening pace. I planned to stop it in its tracks with my swing. I raised my sword over my head, preparing to strike a devastating blow to my first opponent. As I swung, I lost my balance  and ended up falling clumsily sideways to the ground as the boar rushed past me. Both of us had hit nothing but air. I picked myself up and faced the boar again. The boar looked like it was going to charge at me another time. 

Boar 3/3

Michiru 5/5

ID: 2763

BD: 7 (Success)

Damage Dealt: 2 (1+1 from 2H mastery) 

MD: 3 (Failure)

This time, I managed to not fall over from the weight of my sword. Based on my previous failure, I needed to control my swing and go for an accurate hit, not a massive miss.  As the boar charged me, I took a more reserved swing at it, and felt the sensation of my blade being stopped by flesh. The boar was stopped in its tracks by my attack, and backed off. I saw the large, pixellated cut that it had received from my attack. To my surprise, the boar did not fall dead, but it again prepared to charge at me.

Boar: 1/3

Michiru: 5/5 

ID: 2768

BD: 2 (Fail)

MD: 10 (Critical Hit)

Damage Taken: 3 (1+2 from critical)

The boar looked weak. I relaxed my stance, getting ready to intercept it and make my first kill in the game. It was getting closer. I swung low, at the centre of its body.

The boar jumped over my attack and crashed into me, knocking me over. Its tusks left a nasty slash just under my ribs. I felt no pain, however. The developers of Sword Art Online must have blocked all pain transmissions to the user of the NerveGear. Nonetheless, I watched as my health bar move into the yellow area. I was below half health. If I took much more damage, I would die forever. I quickly stood up and saw the boar already in another charge-type attack.

Michiru 2/5

Boar 1/3

ID: 2774

BD: 5 (Fail)

MD: 3 (Fail)

I quickly decided that the best path of action was to dodge this attack. I wasn't ready to attack the boar, and if it hit me again, I would probably end up dead. 

As the boar was nearing, I stepped to the side, and the boar rushed past me. I felt the displacement of air from the boar. It really was fast. 

Boar:1/3

Michiru: 2/5

ID: 2775 

BD: 3 (Fail)

MD: 8 (Success)

I felt a tingling sensation on my leg. It looks like I didn't step sideways fast enough. While not a killing blow, now, my health bar was in the red, and extremely close to zero. The next attack could decide if I lived or not. 

Michiru: 1/5

ID: 2777

BD: 4 (Fail)

MD: 3 (Fail)

I decided to go for an all or nothing attack, and rushed the boar. The boar sidestepped, a move that I had just tried to perform, and left me swinging again at nothing but air. I realized that I was in great danger. I was unprepared to stop an attack against the boar, since I was off balance from my attack. I realized that this was a terrible move, far too late. I saw my adversary's tusks begin to swing upwards.

ID: 2778

BD: 3(Fail)

MD: 1(Critical Fail)

The boar quickly counterattacked, swinging its tusks at my ribs, and I could do nothing but desperately fall in an attempt to dodge its attack. The tusks miss me, but I knew that attack would have been lethal if it connected. I backed off slowly, keeping my eyes on the boar. Thinking back, I realized that this was all because I had underestimated it after I managed to strike a blow against it, thinking that I could after one strike. 

Boar: 1/5

ID: 2779

BD: 5 (Fail)

MD: 8 (Success)

As I was thinking about how I failed, I didn't notice the boar running at me. I clumsily swung and missed, and it stabbed its tusks into my leg. I felt my body begin to crystallize, and my vision began to fade to black. As I silently contemplated my death, the boar withdrew its tusks, and walked away, its job finished. 

My vision got darker, and darker.

"You are dead."

Michiru: 0/5