[PP-F2] Long Live The Queen, until we kill her. (Zahra, Epyon)

Celes waited at the edge of a field where the npc giving out the quest sat. She stood waiting for the two other players to arrive. She was excited, this would be their first field boss, she was here to protect them and keep them safe. She was ready. She sat down, eating a sandwich to get ready.

Epyon arrived to see Celes already there, sitting in the grass, a sandwich in hand. "It certainly is a good day to enjoy outside." Epyon sat down next to her, his cloak covering all but his head. He looked up at the sky, enjoying the simulated warmth the artificial sun gave. "As soon as Zahra gets here we can party up and accept the quest."

At first, the prospect of having to use the teleportation module to get to floor 2 was exciting and new, but only after using it did Zahra discover that it made her slightly nauseous. Thankfully the trip did not take long. When the module finally stopped she gratefully hopped off the device and just stood there for a second as the feeling of nauseousness went away. A couple second later and she was ready to go.

Taking note of the spot where the quest started--and the time--it dawned on her that she was going to be late if she didn't hurry. Without much thought her legs moved as she began to sprint through the city and towards the destination. Several minutes later she arrived at the meeting spot only to find Epyon and Celes already there. As it turns out, Zahra was just on time. 

"Hey guys," Zahra greeting, slightly out of breath from the sprint. "Sorry for being almost late." 

Epyon pulled up his menu and sent a party request to both Celes and Zahra. He stood up from the grass and looks down at the two women. Celes was still sitting and Zahra was much shorter than him, but he was used to that. He offered a hand to Celes to help her up. He shifted his cloak over one shoulder, for ease of movement. "Don't worry, you're just in time." He said with a slight up turn of his mouth.

Celes accepted the party request and talked to the npc, accepting the quest. She looked around and smiled, for the first time they could see her level and hp, she wondered if they thought anything about her. In any case she looked at both of them. "Alright, here's what we'll do, we'll walk over and set up a trap of sorts, I'll pull the bug queen out and let her attack me. You two come in from the side and attack her, sound good?" She smiled at both of them, questioning.

Exhaling silently at the fact that she had indeed not been late Zahra let that worry flow off into the wind. Punctually was just one of of her many niches. Not strange considering both parents were late for everything. Realizing that her thought process was getting off course she reined it back in. While Epyon helped Celes off the ground Zahra went ahead and accepted the party request that had been sent by Epyon moments before.

Celes was the first on to mention the plan. Letting her draw out the Queen and then letting both Eypon and her attack it. It was a plan that Zahra could appreciate for it was logical and simple. "Sounds good to me." Zahra answered while opening the HUD and equipping the two-handed spear. It materialized in her hands via blue pixels. Now, she was officially ready for this quest to begin. 

Celes took Them out into a bare filed, lined with truest at its edges. The wind blew, moving the Tal grasse in beautiful patterns. Suddenly out of the trees came the queen wasp, a huge insect, it's arms lined with sharp spines, ready to kill. Celes charged her (2844, bd 6, mob 1)and slice up her center (damage 9+1 charge) and jumped down. The wasp sliced at her, but she easily sidestepped its attack. "Now!!" She yelled at the two lower players, waiting for them to attack.

Wasp queen 20/30

Celes 31/31 hate 1

Zahra 7/7

Epyon 9/9

Epyon surged out of the woods on the queen's left. His sword began to glow as he charged and struck with all the strength and speed he could muster. 

2998 10 5 17 5 Epyon Msg_hover2.png 2014-11-30 12:56:42

5 DMG (Crit +2, +2 Weapon, +1 Skill)

Epyon's sword found it's mark in the queen's mid-section. He sliced cleanly through and prepared for the next attack.

Wasp queen 15/30
Celes 31/31 hate 1
Zahra 7/7
Epyon 11/11 (I reached level 4 but haven't updated my stats in my signature yet)

Together the newly formed party made there way out to where the Wasp Queen was located. With each step Zahra could feel the enthusiasm--and nervousness--grow. Finally, after several minutes they made it to the location. Celes went first, luring the Wasp Queen out into the open. 

Her plan worked like a charm. 

At the exclamation of "Now!" Zahra, along with Epyon, charged forward. When her spear began to glow the raven haired women thrust the object forward. 

{ID# 3081} {Battle 1(+1)} {Craft 3} {Loot 19} {MOD 2}

It had missed the mark. Frowning slightly Zahra skirted back in order to get ready for the next attack--whatever that may be

Celes looked at her two friends "Dont worry Zahra, youlld get the hang of it soon!" She smiled as she swung at the bug queen with her glaive (3084, bd 7, mob 4) she sliced at the Wasp and cut deep (DMG 9) she jumped and quickly dodged the queen as it fumbled onto the ground momentarily. "Now guys! we can finish it!!" she said excitedly. 

Wasp queen 5/30
Celes 31/31 hate 2
Zahra 7/7 hate 0
Epyon 11/11 hate 1

The queen recovered quickly. Epyon aimed for a second strike, but the queen moved just out his reach. He swore under his simulated breath as he missed. 'She's faster than I thought.'

3104 1 9 18 4 Epyon Msg_hover2.png

2014-11-30 23:17:12

Hopefully Zahra would be able to finish the queen off before she had a chance to strike. Just in case she didn't, Epyon lined up his next strike.

Wasp queen 5/30
Celes 31/31 hate 2
Zahra 7/7 hate 0
Epyon 11/11 hate 1

As the Wasp Queen's attention was drawn toward Epyon, Zahra saw her chance. Moving over to the side just a couple feet she then rushed forward--the spear head glowing a magnificent sapphire blue. 

{ID# 3155} {Battle 6 (+1)} {Craft 1} {Loot 14} {MOD 7}

Charging forward the spear head pierced the side abdomen of the Wasp queen {DAMAGE 1}. With the attetention now focused on her Zahra moved back and placed her spear in a defensive position. It was up to the others. 

Wasp queen 4/30
Celes 31/31 hate 2
Zahra 7/7 hate 0
Epyon 11/11 hate 1

Celes smiled proud of Zahra. the wasp still attacked her, but she parried with ease, (3156, bd 5 +1acc, mob 6-3 eva) dodging the attack and quickly finishing the the Wasp queen off.  she turned back to those two "Check your loot (loot 17= 150 col), you should have some col and a drop called 'The matriarch's Stinger' it will provide you wit +1 damage for one battle." 

She sat down on the grass and sighed "So, what did you think of your first field boss? I hope i didnt make it too easy" She said with a grin.

Wasp queen DEAD
Celes 31/31 hate 3
Zahra 7/7 hate 1
Epyon 11/11 hate 1

"Check your loot, you should have some col and a drop called 'The matriarch's Stinger' it will provide you wit +1 damage for one battle." 

{1D# 3252} {Battle 6 (+1)} {Craft 6} {Loot 11} {MOD 3}

With a grin on her face Zahra placed the blunt end of her spear on the ground and then used her free hand to open up her HUD to find that 150 Col had been added to her account. It was richer than she had ever been before in the game. Continuing to scroll through her HUD she also found the other item that Celes mentioned, 'The Matriarch's Stinger'. Depending on the situation a +1 battle damage could be worth life or death. That was something that would be kept for emergencies, if one were to ever come up. 

Settling down across from Celes, Zahra carefully placed the two-handed spear in front of her and then leaned back on her hands. "It was exhilarating and easier than I thought it was going to be. What did you think Epyon?" Zahra inquired, turning her head to address the only male in their party. 

Epyon checked his HUD to see what was obtained.

3258 2 8 13 7 Epyon Msg_hover2.png 2014-12-01 22:56:20

He had 150 col and 'The Matriarchs Stinger'. He couldn't hide the ever so slight smile. He closed his menu and looked to the other two party members. "That was great! I think I'm ready for some more!" He had more than a taste for combat, it was the one time all felt right in the world to him. Despite this death game, he actually found himself enjoying things so far. "Where should we go next?"

Celes sat and thought a moment, "well we can go to another floor and kill more things, or we can try and go to the desert floor, and i can help you guys survive the sandstorm there..." She smiled at both of them "Its up to you really! what is something you guys are interested in?" 

Perking up at the mention of a desert floor Zahra grinned. Now desert she was use too. Her mother's group, no matter how close to town, would always sent up campsite as close to the Pyramids as possible. Which meant a lot of camping out in an open desert. It wasn't as bad as people thought though. At night the three of them--her mother, younger sister and her--would go outside and lay down on the sand. They sky was so clear that you could see every single star as if you were standing mere meters from it. Her sister was in love with space and could name may of the stars and constellations that formed above. Zahra use to call her a "Star Junkie" and her return her sister had labeled her a "History Nerd." The thought of those memories brought a small smile to Zahra's lip. 

"I don't know about you guys, but the I would like to check out the desert floor" Zahra mentioned casually, going back and forth between Epyon and Celes. 

Epyon smiled. IRL he lived in the desert, just outside death valley. 'Now that's what I'm talking about!' He thought to himself. He didn't even know that this world had deserts, though he suspected it probably had most climates. He showed his approval with a quick nod and sly smile. "You live near pyramids IRL? As in Egypt?" He directed his question towards Zahra. He knew it was generally looked down upon to ask about players real life, but this piqued his curiosity.