[SP - F2] Building from the Ground Up (Earning a Living)

Hakiro returned to town, hoping to obtain new gear. Rattling is Col purse, Hakiro let out a dissapointed sign as all he could hear was the loose jingle of a couple Col. "I wish I had a way to earn cash around here" Hakiro thought to himself. He realized that even in a game, people had to make a living for themselves. After walking around, Hakiro viewed his options on how to make a living and decided that becoming a blacksmith would be most beneficial. "Crafting my own weapons and armor and the ability to sell it to others? What a deal!" Hakiro thought to himself. He immediately set out of town and began to gather resources for himself to start shop. "I'll worry about finding an actual shop later" he thought to himself as he was already determined to start his business.

Hakiro set out for the second floor, knowing that most of the mines on the first floor may have already been taken, Hakiro set out for the second floor. As he was approaching the mines, Hakiro was ambused by a lone wolf. No, a fierce looking lone wolf. Hakiro readied himself for the encounter as the wolf charged towards him. "I sure hope this thing moves like a boar" Hakiro thought, as he only knew how to deal with boars as of the time being.

The wolf charged at Hakiro as he readied his spear and the two exchanged blows. Well not really... Hakiro, who had not predicted the wolf to be smaller and more nimble than a boar, only shed the fur of the wolf, who also missed Hakiro who failed to predict its speed, by an inch.

ID: 2957

BD: 5 (fail)

MD: 5 (fail)

Hakiro (9/9)

Wolf (6/6)

This time Hakiro readied his spear, knowing that the wolf was much faster than the boar and thus had to strike earlier. As the wolf initiated his attack on him, Hakiro carefully aimed at the wolf. His attack connected but Hakiro failed to avoid the wolfs attack as he had been too focused on his own, knocking him straight in the face.

ID: 2958

BD: 10 (Crit)

Damage: 4 (+1 from 1H spear, +2 from crit)

MD: 9 (crit)

Damage 2 (+1 from crit)

Hakiro (7/9)

Wolf (2/6)

Hakiro, determined to slay the wolf, Hakiro again charged straight on towards the wolf, launching his spear as if he meant to throw it straight into the wolfs face. The wolf did not give in and leaped straight at Hakiro, who stood in awe, only to be saved by the wolf finally shattering into a million peices. "I guess I'll need to train against wolves next" Hakiro muttered underbreath, dissapointed at his lack of skill.

ID: 2960

BD: 9 (Crit)

Damage: 3 (+1 from 1H spear, +1 from crit)

MD: 9 (crit)

Damage 2 0 (eliminated)

LD: 15

Hakiro (7/9)

Wolf (0/6)

+1 Mat

+30 Col

Hakiro finally reached the mine, pickaxe in hand, he set out to gather ore. Recalling the basic tutorial he skimped through on how to collect ore, Hakiro set forth into the mine and began to mine. The pick grinded against his hands. Hakiro hoped blisters did not exhist in this game, as the first few attempts at gathering ore were sure to leave him with some in real life, recalling the numerous blisters he received from the laborous tasks his friends requested aid with. "Huh, I wonder how my friends are doing" Hakiro pondered as he continued breaking rocks in hopes of finding ore.

After a few failed attempts, Hakiro was unsuccessful in finding ore, deciding to move onto a new area to mine. "Maybe I'm doing this wrong" he thought to himself, looking a tad dissapointed at his progress.

ID 2963

LD 11 (fail)

Hakiro again swung his pickaxe at a rock. Hakiro again thought about how he might get blisters. Hakiro kept on thinking and thinking as he smashed into the rock. If it were possible to think hard then Hakiro was definitely doing it. Smashing into the rock several more times until the rock had been smashed up to bits. "Still no luck" Hakiro thought as he frowned to himself, staring at the pile of rubble he created.

ID 2964

LD 11 (fail)

Hakiro continued to mine, thinking harder as he mined harder, thinking and mining and thinking and mining until the world around him started to spin and increase in spinning. He smashed the rock pile in front of him until it became an unrecognizable heap of pebbles. Hakiro cried on the inside. as he still was unable to find any ore.

ID 2968

LD 7 (fail)

Hakiro kept on mining and thinking, so deep in thought that he forgot he was mining. Unfortunately for him, he also forgot to change a location to mine and just simply smashed the pile of pebbles into fine sand. Hakiro looked at his masterpiece and sniffled. Who knew that gathering would be such a chore.

ID 2969

LD 2 (fail)

Hakiro moved on to another rock foundation, dragging his feet and pickaxe as he moved along. He randomly chose a less beaten area in hopes of finding ore, furiously smashing the rock to bits. Again the world around him spun as he thought as hard as he could (if it that were ever possible). But to much avail, he was unsuccessful and silently cursed the mechanics of the game.

LD 2969

LD 8 (fail)

Determined to find ore and tears welling up on his face, Hakiro set out to mine some more. He swung ferociously at the rock, as if it was the direct problem to his life. Well, it truly did seem like the main problem in his life. Little did he know, he was also screaming his lungs out at the rock telling it to drop some ore. After chipping away the exterior, Hakiro dropped onto his knees and cried. For he had finally found some ore. After a painstakingly long time, Hakiro finally managed to find some ore. Hakiro silently wept as he knew he needed more than one ore to start a proper business and that if he had to repeat this process for at least 20 more times, he would seriously hurt himself, dissapointed as he moved on to mine some more.

ID 2973

LD 18 (success)

+1 smithing Mat

Hakiro continued his crafting adventures, looking even more depressed than before because of his sudden realization of how long he would be stuck down here in the mines. Hakiro swung again at some rocks but to much avail, failed miserably and was rewarded only with a pile of pebbles.

ID 2976

LD 5 (fail)

Hakiro continued to mine, and continued his dissapointment. Again screaming at the rocks. As if the rocks answered, he was rewarded with some more ore. "Maybe my luck is improving afterall" he thought. "Hopeful thoughts, I need to think hopefull thoughts" Hakiro said as he knew he still had to mine some more before he was done in the mine.

ID 2980

LD 20 (success)

+1 Smithing Mat

Much to his dissapointment, his hopeful and positive thoughts did not help him much in mining and Hakiro only found a pile of pebbles. "If this keeps up I'm gonna have to first vent my anger at a mob" Hakiro thought to himself, rage building up again in his system.

ID 2981

LD 6 (fail)

As if the game really didnt want to lose anymore creatures to reckless adventurers, Hakiro recieved another ore from mining. "I'll slay you one day, unsuspecting mob! One day!!!" Hakiro screamed at the nonexhistent wolf he had in his mind that he wanted to slay. Little did Hakiro know that he was almost insane from the repetitive mining.

ID 2982

LD 20 (Success)

+1 Smithing Mat

Ok. So it seemed as if Aincrad really didnt want Hakiro to slay another wolf out of rage. Shortly after finding ore, Hakiro found even more in the area, overcome by joy that his luck was starting to change. He continued mining merilly while still having his malicious intents for that unsuspecting wolf out there.

ID 2983

LD 20 (success)

+1 Smithing Mat

Hakiro hoped his mining spree would continue and thus he continued to mine. However Hakiro did not recieve another ore as Aincrad probably couldnt sense his fury anymore. Dissapointed, Hakiro moved on to mine elsewhere, with his intent building up.

ID 2987

LD 5 (fail)

Again, as if the game realized it, Hakiro soon found more ore to soothe the raging man and Hakiro was well off and satisfied again.

ID 2988

LD 19 (success)

+1 Smithing Mat

Seeing his inventory filled with a hefty 5 smithing materials, Hakiro was satisfied and decided to return to town.

However, as Hakiro was about to leave the mines, he was stopped on his tracks by a large seemingly upset Kobold that blocked the exit of the mine. The Kobold was clearly upset that Hakiro ran about his home yelling and screaming at the rocks, interrupting the Kobolds afternoon nap and leaving him in a bad mood. Hakiro, still oblivious to the fact that he was yelling and screaming within the mines thought that this was a part of the quest where he had to fight a final creature before he could exist the mines readied his spear and charged towards the Kobold.

It was the first time Hakiro was fighting against a humanoid figure, giving Hakiro shivers as he imagined that other players would be attacked this way. Hakiro, using the normal skills he acquired (charging up and poking stuff) again charged up and thrust his spear at the Kobold. The kobold quickly retaliated but as he was a humanoid enemy, Hakiro easily read his movements and avoided the attack quite readily.

ID 2989

BD 6

Damage 2 (+1 from 1H AS)

MD 4

Hakiro (11/11)

Kobold (6/8)

Hakiro, who was overconfident in his fighting prowress again went for the Kobold but was caught in surprise as his spear was also caught - in the Kobold's grip. Hakiro, who had underestimated the intelligence of the creature and forgot that it had opposable thumbs which it could use to grab onto things was rewarded with a sharp slash across his chest from the counterattacking Kobold.

ID 2990

BD 1

MD 10

Damage 3 (+2 from crit)

Hakiro 8/11

Kobold 6/8

Hakiro now knew NEVER to underestimate mobs ever again as it was proven that every time he did, he was rewarded with lots of damage and suffering. He calmed his mind and only thought about the problem ahead of him; a somewhat angry Kobold wielding a sword. Hakiro focused on his target and with a clean strike, knocked the Kobold back while avoiding the incoming attack. Hakiro again readied himself for when the Kobold was to attack him again.

ID 2991

BD 6

Damage 2

MD 3

Hakiro 8/11

Kobold 4/8

Hakiro charged at the kobold ahead of him, aiming his spear dead center to his face. However, he did not notice the ledge before him and lost his footing before he reached the Kobold. The Kobold returned witih a blow of his own which landed on the dazed Hakiro before he could recover from his fall. Again learning new things, Hakiro was now inclined to observe his surroundings before he engaged the Kobold.

ID 2992

BD 4

MD 6

Damage 1

Hakiro 7/11

Kobold 4/8

Hakiro again charged at the Kobold, this time aware of his surroundings. Hakiro slowly advanced this time however, almost certain he was going to hand his blow, however, before he could make contact, the Kobold nimbly dodged his attack -- using the grace and finesse to fall flat on its face. Recalling what just happened moments ago, Hakiro realized the Kobold had just tripped on the same ledge he did just a few moments beforehand. He had mixed emotions as he was certain that was why he missed his strike but was definitely amused as the AI managed to trip on the terrain.

ID 2993

BD 5

MD 1

Hakiro 7/11

Kobold 4/8

Still laughing his face off from the previous attempt, Hakiro made a halfhearted attempt to attack the Kobold but missed as he again, also slipped on the ledge; not falling but missing the Kobold altogether. The Kobold made an extremely lame attack towards Hakiro, still suffering from his embarassment and not really ready to attack with full force. The attack fell short of Hakiro and instead slashed the air in front of him. To nearby bystanders, the fight would have seemed more like a couple doing the funky chicken with the two running around, flailing and falling. Fortunately, there were no observers nearby and the incident could be kept hidden as a secret. Hopefully.

ID 2994

BD 3

MD 3

Hakiro 7/11

Kobold 4/8

Again, the two tried to exchange blows, however both really couldnt foccus on the battle and instead were focussing on how they went wrong -- well, if AI could do that then it would. Most likely what happened was Hakiro made a really lame attack that completely missed the Kobold but the Kobold also missed because Hakiro fell over in laughter before the Kobold's attack could land.

ID 2995

BD 3

MD4

Hakiro 7/11

Kobold 4/8

Hakiro still laughing on the floor didnt even bother making an attempt to attack the monster and instead cried to himself and cursed his own life. Due to Hakiro being an immobile target, the Kobold took advantage and struck Hakiro -- barely hitting as Hakiro was rolling around in an unpredictable fasion.

ID 2996

BD 1

MD 7

Damage 1

Hakiro 6/11

Kobold 4/8

Realizing the Kobold wasnt sharing the same sense of humor as he, Hakiro became EXTREMELY UPSET and got up and swore to teach the Kobold a lesson. Hakiro yelled some nonsense gibberish battlecry as he charged towards the Kobold, who just happened to slip on the ledge again this time. Remembering exactly how the Kobold fell last time, Hakiro plunged his spear towards the area and pierced through the Kobold's chest. Hakiro did not stop stabbing the area with his spear until the Kobold disintigrated and even stabbed the former location of the Kobold a few more times to make sure it stayed put where he wanted it to be. Hakiro was rewarded with some rare gear that the Kobold dropped and was instantly satisfied with the previously dissapointing encounter. Because of that day, Hakiro had lost some of his sanity. All because he really wanted to open a shop and make a living. Remember folks: those who take risks are both rewarded and punished based on how high the risk.

ID 2997

BD 10 (crit)

Damage 4 (+1 1H Assault Spear, +2 from crit)

MD 1 (fail)

LD 19

+ Mat

+ Uncommon item - Sharp Spear (+1 to accuracy)