[PP-F4] Sharks and Recreation

Celes sat nervously near the portal for the fourth floor. She had yet to meet the leader of the guild she was in, but now was her chance. She looked over her outfit, and sighed. It was her usual combo, her special armoured shirt, her coat, her golden queens glaive strapped to her back. She thought she looked alright, but...Would he approve, what if he just decided right then and there to remove her from the guild roster?  She sighed, she hated being so fatalist, but she couldnt help it. 

Who knows, maybe this would be fun....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my usual route, checking over the 9th floor, making sure everyone was safe and not doing anything stupid. I got a message from my newest guild member, asking me to meet them on the fourth floor. Zero said it was a girl and she was pretty good. Guess I should go now and meet with her. Probably should bring a guild uniform for her, Seeing as Zero most likely didn't give her one. I said as I made my way towards the floor teleporter. I activated the portal and seconds later I appeared on the fourth floor.

I stepped out of the teleporter and looked around for my newest member. Now where would she be. I said aloud to myself as I continued to look for the player.

Celes stayed by the teleporter, one by one people came to the floor, until finally she saw him. He doesnt look that scary.. she thought as she walked over shyly. She tapped him on the shoulder and said "Hi, um, Mr. Shark? Hey, um I'm your newest g-guild member!  Its nice to meet you!" She said with a nervous smile. 

God im terrible at first impressions, lord save me im going to die here like an idiot.

As soon as I came out of the teleporter, a player walked up to me. Is this my newest member? Must be... not a lot of people approach me because of all the rumors. I said to myself as the player then told me that she was my newest member. 

I looked at the player from head to toe, getting a good feel of what kind of person she was. Why hello there. I'm Shark, but I guess you already know that. I am the leader of the Knights of Christ guild. Pleased to meet you. I said as I opened up my menu to get out her uniform. Here, this is the guild's basic uniform. It's similar to the Knights of Blood but blue instead of red. I said as I handed her the uniform.

Celes stood there, surprised and grateful for the uniform "th-thank you, do i need to wear this all the time.. or.... um? for guild official things maybe? Sorry i'm a bit nervous you see. Thank you for allowing me to join your guild..." she said with a genuine smile "I'm Celes, a grandmaster glaive user, at your service!" she said, adding a bow at the end just for flourish.

The player introduced herself as Celes. Well Celes, it's nice to meet you. About the uniform, that specific one you don't have to wear all the time but I would like you to have the guild colors and emblem on as much as possible. I said with a smile as I stayed happy and positive. Around me there is nothing to be nervous about, You can talk to me with just about anything. I am a great listener and a great problem solver. No one has ever walked away from me unhappy. I do my best to keep everyone happy and safe, including my girlfriend who I am soon to marry. I said as smiled at Celes.

Celes blushed and her countenance changed, suddenly she seemed almost giddy "You... are... So. Cute!" she said jumping up happily, she had a weakness for cute things, and this guy was adorable "You are absolutely adorable, what is your girlfriend like? is she adorable too?  I have a girlfriend, in the real world, not in game, we will eventually be getting married too you know!"  

She smiled warmly and happily, no longer afraid of the man that stood before her. 

I looked at Celes with a big smile. It's great to see you warming up to me. I said as I went on to tell her about Oske. Well my girlfriend is only in game at this current time. She is amazing, a fun happy-go-lucky kind of a person. She is a cutie. She is in the guild so you will met here eventually. I said as I described Oske to her. I then realized we have been standing this entire time. I want to know what your girlfriend is like, but first, lets go to the tavern and get a drink or two. Just so we aren't standing in the middle of everything. I said as I looked for the nearest tavern. 

"I actually know the perfect place!" Celes ssaid happily. She had mapped out every tavern, restaurant, and cafe in every floor so far. Finding the loneliest cutest places where she could have sweets was one of her favorite hobbies. She led shark through a series of winding streets before arriving to her favorite tavern on the floor the 'Frosted Raven' it seemed a charming place with good ale, sweet mead and delicious Shepherds pie. "This is one of my favorite places here, the food is good. The Mead is better" she said with a wink, Opening the door for her guild leader. 

"Yeah my girlfriend would have liked this place..."  she said with a hint of nostalgia touching her voice.

I followed Celes down a series of streets until we reached a tavern. She said it was a really good place so I figured why not. She opened the door for me and I walked right in. I walked up to the bar and sat down and ordered a drink. It feels cozy here. Probably because of how many people get drunk here. Hahaha. So tell me some things about you. I said as I awaited my drink. 

"I was studying to be a scientist, before all of this happened..." She started, letting her mind fog with memories "My girlfriend is lovely too, I think. She is studying anthropology and archaeology... she is... Perfect, well to me. She is a jazz singer too, she used to sing to me every night to fall asleep" The drinks arrived and celes began to gulp it down, probably faster than she should. She wasnt used to talking to people about that world. "Sometimes i pretend its all a dream, and i wirte stories in my journal, to tell her, for when i wake up..." 

She began to describe herself to me as our drinks arrived. I began to drink mine a bit faster than I normally do while listening to her stories. Wow! Sounds like you live a pretty good life outside of here. I said as I began to think about my life outside of the game. From what you are telling me, your girlfriend is a real keeper. I chuckled and took another few gulps of my drink.

Yeah, before this all happened, I was studying computer science and on the track to become a software developer. Some of my buddies that were going to start up a business with me are also in here so that plan is on hold. I said as I returned to my drink and sighed. I do not have a girlfriend outside of this game but who knows what's going on outside of here. I probably have someone that is missing me a lot that is not related to me. I said as I put my head down on the table.

Celes Pat his head as she ordered another round of drinks "Its okay, we'll probably wake up one day and find out that, hey, people love us, or something. What you know the people that love you in hear are all out there too, we just gotta make sure we dont get ded."  She said with a determined huff. She was beginning to feel tipsy at this point, and she felt comfortable with the guild leader "I mean look at me, i'm strong as F*** but i needed a place to belong too, thats what guilds are all about arent they?"

From the sound of things, Celes was feeling a buzz from her drink. I looked up and smiled at Celes when she stated she was really strong. I put my index finger to her forehead and lightly pushed to see what would happen. I started the <<Knights of Christ>> to take up the responsibility of players safety and to work fast and beat this game. Having people join this guild shows me that I am not alone and other players are with me. I said as I finished up my 1st drink and began to drink the next.

Celes nodded gravely "Youre an awesome person thats Noble as Fu**. " she said, ignoring the fact tat this was her superior officer. "You know i write a journal, every night so that when i get out of here i can show her and catch up for time lost. Its crazy, all of the monsters and sh**" she finished her second and ordered another round of drinks "I mean we figt those bosses never knowing if someone is, like totally going to die. I dont want to die! but like, i go fight anyway! but i also, like, help newbies who are on the first floor, cuz they fu**in' need it" 

She looked at Shark and said "It sounds like you had a good life, and youre super cool n'stuff. do you like, use a sword or some sh**?" she said looking at his attire. th emore she drank the more a spanish accent began to slip through the cracks...

Celes called me awesome and noble. I just chuckled and smiled at her and went to town on my drink. I would do that but most of the time, I just have a recorder going so I could show some of the fun adventures I went on. I said as I finished my second drink and started the third. I could hear a slight spanish accent coming through the cracks. Ah... Tu hablas espanol. I said, showing that I knew some spanish myself. I was involved in so many leadership things and am a well known athlete and leader in my city so I tend to use that and take charge of boss raids and all that stuff. I like to keep players as safe as possible so I don't lose many during raids. I said as I drank a bit faster than what I have been. 

I looked back at my life before the game. I felt like I had a really good life. I said as I materialized my sword and shield. I use a sword and shield combination. They both have some great healing effects. I said as I let Celes examine them. 

"Healing effects?!?!"  She said astounded "I didnt even know equipment could have that" she said starting to slur her words as the fourth of the drinks arrived "My armour mitigates damage and keeps me nimble-imble-imbl... Anyways, I do lots of damage, so i want to avoid being hit to begin with! and its nice cuz its all light armour, you cant even tall im wwearing it!" She added happily

She was drunk now. No doubt. 

I showed her my equipment as I explained my armors abilities. Yeah, every now and then I get some health back. It's really nice to have since I tend to lead from the front. I'm always the first person to act so I needed something that could keep me alive when i get stuck in a situation. I said as I just about finished up my third drink. I put my equipment back into my inventory and slightly chuckled at how drunk Celes was. 

At that moment a question popped into my head. I looked at Celes, So what brought you to my guild? I asked in a curious manner. I wanted to know her reasoning for joining the guild. I just sat there and finished my 3rd drink while awaiting her answer.

"Well i heard ab-about guilds that hic- help epople! I wanted to too!  I like helping people, and i w-wanna be on the ffffront lines! I'm gonna help us get outts dis game, you just see! I'll get back home to maggie and tell her ALLLLLLL the stories i get while in here." Celes gave a proud, drunk, smile. She hadnt gotten drunk in hte game before, she didnt even know you could, but right now her inhibitions were out the door. 

I was half way done with my drink and I finally felt the drinks kicking in. Well that's awesomeee, can't waaiiit to see you in action. I said as the buzz started kicking in. I looked over at Celes and could tell that she was gone. Well, I can't wait to see what you're made of so sometime soon, show me what you can do. I said as I smiled at her.