[PP-F1] Relaxation is very important! [Rin]

"Hyaaa" Echoed out as Sayakaze did a final blow to the boar he was fighting on floor one. He had been on this floor the entire morning, grinding boars and yet he never seemed to level up as fast as the rest. He gave out a small sigh and smiled towards the clouds in the sky as he thought about it.

"I have been here for some time now, and i'm still the lowest possible level. I am really a rank 1 noob anyway!" he said as he kept smiling. It never really bothered Sayakaze that he was behind many other players, or that he didn't have the fancy equipment as many of the other players had. Sayakaze was a very naive guy, which was just happy that he still had his life, which was a very easy thing to loose in a world like this one.

After a while, he realized that he had been standing on the plains there, just looking up in the sky for awhile like a lunatic. He quickly looked around to see if someone had noticed him, and was relieved that he couldn't see anyone else. Sayakaze started walked back towards the town, and when he got closer, he shrugged abit due to the enormous shadows swallowing him. When you get close to the huge walls this city had, it's almost like you're a little garden gnome.

In the city he had found a small in which i enjoyed, so he walked there with haste, and found himself a table. Finally at the table he waved an NPC over, which he bought a Coffee from, moments later the NPC came back with the order he had made, he smiled at the npc which seconds later walked away again.

He was sitting almost at the door, next to a window where he could look on the people going on with their daily lifes.

"This is not so bad after all" He quietly said as he leaned back and sipped on his coffee.

Rin had been out training all morning with Tristan and Celes, they had been killing boar mobs somewhere in the fields of floor one and she was now very tired. Her goal was to become the strongest player she could possibly be and then help the higher level players clear the floors. However right now the only thing on her mind was finding a place to sit down! Her whole body ached, well at least she thought it did- for her real body was not the one she was in now, because she like all the other players here were trapped inside the game.

She trudged through the empty fields, passing by only a handful of boars which she really couldn't be bothered to kill so she left them alone. Rin was heading towards one of the nearby towns, hoping to find a cafe or something where she could sit down and have a drink, maybe a bite to eat.

Within no time she had arrived at the town square and was now wondering about trying to find a cafe which looked decent. After a few more minutes of walking Rin walked through the door of a random cafe, beyond the point of caring now. She walked up to the counter where she ordered the normal, white hot chocolate. Within minutes she had been served by an NPC and was looking for somewhere to sit.

Sayakaze saw this girl which entered the café that he had placed himself in, and it seemed rather strange that she did so as he was usually the only one who bothered to walk to this place, not cause it was shabby or anyone alike, bit there is lots of more popular places to hangout at. But he was more happy about it, since some people in this place which he believed to be awesome, was just great! He kept following her while she walked up to the counter, and ordered some beverage which he couldn't hear what it was. She then seemed to look around for somewhere to sit.

Sayakaze smiled towards the girl. "You can sit here if you'd like, i always enjoy some company" he said while he realized how awkward and creepy it might be for someone to just tell them to sit down with you. he instantly got a straight face, which was easily perceived as being embarrassed .

"I never meant to like.... Be weird or anything, i simply don't see people here often" he said as he tried to force on a smile to the girl again.

"Well at least i took initiative" he thought to himself as he kept awkwardly smiling towards her.

Rin stared at the guy who addressed her, shocked that anyone would bother speaking to her. After taking in his words she almost spilt her hot chocolate down her front because her hands began to shake slightly with rage, "Ewww! No way would I sit next to you! Creepy baka!" She sneered at the player, being ruder than she usually was, and she knew it. However she was not prepared to apologize.

She glared at the player with bright yellow eyes, for some reason he seemed to be embarrassed. Good, thought Rin, he deserves it, I could have ruined my clothes or burnt myself and died! Yet for some reason she still placed her mug onto the table and sat down facing the stranger. Acting like it was nothing she began to sip on her hot chocolate silently.

Sayakaze blankly stared at the girl, who sat down at the same table even though she had insulted him just seconds ago. He looked at her and instantly noticed that she have yellow eyes, which Sayakaze had never seen before in his entire life. She seemed to not even bother to give to craps about the insults she had said to him just moments ago, which kinda bothered him some, as he considered it to be, not necessary.

He looked abit surprised and had no real clue of how he should act in a situation like this. he sipped some of his coffee, and then opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out.  After a few moments he scratched his head again and look down at the table.

"Ermh, i'm glad that you wanted to sit with me" he said as happy as he could.

"No need to insult me like that though" He said as he gave out a small laugh to try and brighten the mood between them.

He only tried to do a friendly gesture and it came across as being creepy. "Well well, atleast i'm not alone" he thought to himself as he once again looked at the girl waiting for her next action.

Rin tried to hold back her laughter for as long as she could but eventually it came out. She held a hand up to her mouth as she laughed loudly. It was not something she did often, especially in a friendly manor. But for some reason she found it rather funny the way the male player was acting.

He was the first person to ever confront her about her attitude in a friendly manor. People usually just got really annoyed with her and had a go at her but he was polite about it. A single tear rolled down Rins cheek as she continued to laugh.

She eventually calmed down and wiped her eyes. Her mood had suddenly been lifted by this odd player, for some extremely odd reason. Rin lifted her mug to her lips, still giggling to herself. "So whats your name then baka?" She asked.

Sayakaze looked at the girl, which seemed to find something funny about the situation, which was rather strange due to her earlier action. Even if Sayakaze was a bit confused about this whole thing, he was relieved that she was laughing now instead of calling him mean things.

He looked at the girl, which seemed to have started crying, at this point Sayakaze just blankly looked at the girl, which really put him in the spot where he didn't know how to react, he wouldn't want to act creepy again, so he just sat there quietly until she asked what his name which was the nicest thing she had said to him ever since they met, if you count away that she also called him a "baka".

Sayakaze took a sip of his coffee, then smiled at the girl.

"You could call me Sasa if you want or Sayakaze if you'd prefer my in game name. Now, may i know your name?" he said as he kept smiling towards the girl.

Rin grinned at the player in front of her, she was happy for some unknown, unexplained reason . "Nice to meet you baka," She smiled, completely ignoring what he had just said. She was calling him a baka in order to express that she wasnt going to be overly kind to him even if they had go of to a good start (well, what Rin called a good start). It was stupid but it was just Rins very odd way of communicating with others.

She continued to sip on her white hot chocolate and observing Sayakaze, he seemed to be very optimistic which was odd given that they were trapped inside of a game and were probably going to die. Rin continued to stare at him before asking, "So what was your life like back in the real world?" She knew she was probably being a bit nosey but she couldnt help wondering.

He shook his head and let out a small sigh as she called him baka again, but he couldn't help himself from smiling towards the girl. â€‹"This girl really is something special huh" he thought to himself as he took a sip of is coffee while she did the same. He put the mug down on the table which now was empty.

He then got a very rough question, which is what he did in his pre life, with order words before he got in here.His face expression turned into something a bit more concerned, whee he tried to force a smile on. He looked down at the table to avoid any eye contact with the girl.

He gave out a small sigh again.

"Well...." he said, and then he just stopped. He kept looking down as he tried to find the words that he should say but it just got stuck.

"Well.. I.. I was working really much, like on the fields."

He said as he tried to cover up as most as possible of the story to not ruin the mood, he then looked up on her with a big smile, which anyone could tell was forced.

"How about you?" He said with a stuttering voice.

"So you mean like you were in the military? Or where you a farmer?" She asked curiously, after all- working on the fields did have several meanings. Either way she was not going to judge, what people did with their lives was up to them, not something Rin was about to but in to.

She noticed that he was avoiding giving away too much about his life, Rin understood this as she felt rather awkward discussing her life with people she was close to never mind some newly met acquaintance who she met inside a game at an empty cafe.

"You dont have to worry you know," She smiled at him, trying to comfort him and reduce the tense atmosphere which had been created when she had asked about his life in the real world, "I wont judge or any of that sort of stuff."

She paused for a moment, deciding on what to tell him about her own life, she- just like him- was not keen on ruining the mood and wanted to avoid being a downer. "Well..." She started, "I guess you could say its not the best life, but I know its by far not the worst. I am still in high school... Nothing you would find interesting I suppose." Her voice gradually fading away.

He noticed how she gave away a smile towards his direction, which made him warm inside.  Up to this point it seemed like she just came to sit here for one reason, and that was to be rude, but it now seemed like she was a really nice person. She had also asked him if he was in the army, which was not what he meant, and he felt relieved when he thought that it could have been the army, which is something he never wanted to be a part of.

"No not the army, i was on a farming field, had to bring money to my family." He said still a bit unsecure on himself, but he kept smiling during his whole sentence as an attempt to keep the conversation at a happy mood.

She then told him how she was in high school, which was something that Sayakaze never had been to himself, he had only heard how it was like. In fact, he was very interested and jealous of the girl that had have such a privilege to do such a thing.

"No please tell, how is it to actually be in school?" He said with a now very intrigued voice, and you could see the sparkle in his eyes as he awaited what the girl had to say about it. 

"Oh," Said Rin rather stupidly, feeling bad for the player, "I am sorry to hear that. I didn't realize sorry, I should have been more sensitive." Rin had never really had to provide for anyone, not even herself. Her mother had always taken care of her when she needed it and insisted on helping her out in every way possible, almost as if she was trying to make up for the things her boyfriend had done.

She could see that he was trying to keep smiling and felt bad once again. Deciding to confront him about his positive attitude she said, "Look, you dont have to lie to yourself or me. If you arent happy with something, dont pretend like you are. It'll make it worse. Just get it all out, I dont mind, dont hold back." Rin gave a small smile, trying to be as kind as she possibly could.

She was a little surprised by his next question and didnt know how to respond at first, she just stared. "Wait what....You mean you have never been to school?"

He looked at the girl, which was very kind to him, maybe cause the reason that she felt bad for him, he thought to himself, but he didn't mind, it was a while ago since he had spoken, or thought about his past. It was something he usually never spoke freely about as it usually brought the mood down, and that's the same reason for why he always tried to smile and always were optimistic about things. Lying to yourself is totally fine, since if it makes you smile more, it's good. That's always what he had told himself, and in many ways he was not feeling bad for himself in the situation he had been in, there's people who have had it lots worse than him.

As he told himself to keep smiling, trying to force it, even though the girl had told him that it's fine to let his emotions out, he kept smiling. A single tear rolled down from his eye, but he quickly stroke his hand over and removed the tear, while kept smiling this whole time.

He gave out a small sigh as he looked out. "It could have been worse, and i'm fine, sorry for acting like this. It was just a long time ago since i thought about my outside life." he said as he then looked towards the girl again, and his face turned lightly red.

"I have never actually been to school" he said as he finished with a "heh" trying to hold back how embarrassing he found it.

Rin felt incredibly awkward, the player was clearly upset and holding back his emotions. He was covering up every negative emotion he had with a mask of smiles and kind words which brushed the attention away from his true feelings. She found it rather annoying, why was he hiding his feelings from himself? He was only making matters worse for himself and others for they were worrying about him.

Out of a random act of frustration Rins arm jerked and her drink hurtled into Sasayakaze's chest, its contents spilling down his front. Rin didnt apologise. She wasnt really sorry about what had happened, it was a way of her expressing her disapproval towards what he was doing.

"Erm..." Rin stared at the wet patch on his top that the drink had caused "...Are you going to clean that up?" 

Suddenly, he felt something warm against his chest and to his surprise, it was Rin's hot chocolate that she seemed  to had threw on him. He sat there blankly staring at the girl with his mouth open, not knowing on how to react. He had no real clue on why she was acting like this also, maybe she didn't like the kind side of herself so she decided to do something drastic to cover it up, or maybe she just disliked him. he tried to consult himself what he had done wrong, and what might had caused this weird action of hers.

After a few seconds, she acted more arrogant by what she said afterwards, it was clear that she did not feel sorry for the thing she had done. Sayakaze quietly cleaned himself up, while not looking at the girl at all, at this point, his smile where long gone, and was rather a plain face without any sign of how he felt right now. He was not angry persé, but nor were he happy either, he did not know himself on how he should feel abotu such a thing, noone had ever done this before to him.

He looked up towards the girl, meeting her eyes with his own..

"I do not like when people are behaving rude like that without any real reason, you crossed my line." he said, while he kept watching her.

Rin felt extremely awkward now and stared at her feet with her hands clutched in each other on her lap. She ringed her hands out nervously for she knew she would have probably angered Sasayakaze and waited for his reaction.

He had a blank expression on his face as he cleaned himself up which made it a lot worse for Rin. She would have preferred it if he was mad and shouted at her- for she could have shouted back hurtful comments If he was sad be would have vulnerable and easy to make it up to... But disappointed... She had no idea how to make that any better.

She could feel herself breaking under his gaze. His cold, blank gaze. It was like he was slowly getting to her, picking away all of her facades to finally reveal her true self. She continued to sit there with an empty expression and stared back at him.

He kept looking at her with the same face for a while, noticing that she did not even respond with a single word. He would at least thought that she would say something to him, but it seemed like he was wrong about that, the girl kept looking at him, and he kept looking at her. He was not mad at her or anything, he was rather more confused on why it had happened. Being mad over some hot chocolate was not something Sayakaze could afford being mad about, he had bigger troubles to take care of.

He stood up with haste and walked over to the counter, mumbling some words which couldn't be heard. He then returned to his seat with a glass. A glass filled with water, he gave a quick smile at the girl, and then he threw it over her, just like she had done to him just moments ago.

"I suppose we are even know, wouldn't you agree?" he said as he gave out a small smile at her.

Fighting someone would make no good in this world, as everyone is needed if you actually wanted to get out of here, sure he was not happy with the way the girl had acted, but it's nothing to be grumpy about. He placed his glass on the table again and looked at the girl with a grin.

"Are you going to clean that up?" he said as he looked in the girls eyes with a smile on his face. "Lets see how she likes it" he thought to himself as he kept looking into the the yellow eyes that the girl had.

Rin jumped backwards, away from the table, a moment too slow. Sayakaze's drink splashed onto her top and trickled down her front. She let out a gasp of surprise as she stared down at herself, too shocked to do anything or even shout at Sayakaze.

So much for him being the polite, kind boy that I had him down as, thought Rin angrily. What an awful thing to do! Very ungentlemanly.

Her hands shook by her sides, clenched in fists as she glared up at Sayakaze with bright yellow eyes that were filled with rage. Her cheeks had flushed a deep shade of red and her whole body trembled slightly as she shrieked, "What was that for! Baka!" Rin tried to calm herself down by taking a few big, deep breaths but it didnt work so instead she turned her back on him swiftly and stormed off to find something she could clean up the mess with.

She returned moments later clutching a tea towel, still glaring at Sayakaze in an unpleasant manor, trying to make him feel uncomfortable and bad.

Rin began to mutter things like "This is my favourite top and I swear if it is ruined you are so dead..." as she rubbed her clothing with the tea towel vigorously. 

He got the reaction that he was expecting, it seemed like he had upset the girl, which he found strange as she did the exact same thing to him, without any real reason for it. At least Sayakaze had the reason to give payback, which was not much for a reason but it was something.

He gave out a small sigh when she asked why he did what he had done. "What a silly question" He said to himself in his own head.

As she proceeded to glare at him, he kept looking at her. not feeling bad for her at all, after all she did kind of deserve this, plus it was only water and here in SAO it did not do much.

"As i said before, wouldn't it counts as us being even? You did the same to me." He said as he scratched the back of his head. 

He then looked in her eyes once again, and she stood there staring at him, being angry and everything.

"Plus it was fortunate that you reacted like this, how else could i have seen this cute face you got, when you're angry?" He said as he gave her a genuine smile.