[SP-F4] Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Panel 01

The rain was pouring down, hard and heavy upon the village, it felt like tears, as if the angels were crying from the cloudy sky. The sun was nowhere to be seen, as it was covered, by a thick mantle of clouds. Ren was coverd in utter darkness, he was a man with no friends, he was destined for anguish and grief.

Panel 02

He was watching the sky, getting himself absorbed within the rain, as the small droplets of water were slowly dripping upon his cheekbones. Deep down inside, the flame which was burning within Ren, was now only flickering, twas nothing more than a fading light.

Panel 03

Whatever humanity he had left was now gone, as the only thing he cared about, slipped liked butter between his fingers. Ren failed to grasp it, as his grip was not strong enough. He raised both of his arms, the palms were spread wide upon, as he continued looking upon them, before clenching them tighly.

Panel 04

A few moments later, Ren finally calmed down. He waved his right arm, making a few gesture with his index finger, opening up his menu. His finger was doing a up and down motion as he was scrolling through the menu, checking his inventory to see if he didn't forgot anything.

Panel 05

With a few more clicks, he opened up his Quest log and started reading it once more.

Quest Log:

Slaying Ezkeel, the slumbering dragon.

Head northwest from this location by following the main road, until you the road starts dividing into two. Take the one from the left which will lead towards a group of mountains, easily spottable. Ezkeel will be located there, as he is standing upon the highest peak. When you've managed to locate the dragon, slay him and bring back his heart.

Panel 06

After he finished reading, Ren sighed before closing the window, encasing himself back within the utter darkness once more. With slow and heavy footsteps he started walking towards the mountains, as he was determined to finish the quest which he was on.

Panel 07

"I think I'm ready now, as I've checked almost everything. I brought my food, water healing potions and a few more others with me, oh and a sleeping bag." Ren thought deep inside before he took the first step outside the village, he needed to be ready as there wasn't any other village between this one and his destination.

Panel 08

"I really should of made a plan, or at least a strategy... though I'm worrying for nothing. With all my training... I should be able to defeat this dragon. It's just a simple quest, not like he's a boss or anything... even if things go wrong I can always use my teleportation crystal and head back to safety." Ren muttered towards himself as he kept walking forth.

Panel 09

Ren was halfway there when he decided to take a break, leaging himself against a nearby rock. The menu was then opened, illuminating Ren's face while he was searching within his inventory, highlighting the item he wanted to withdraw.

Inventory:

Coal x 4

Wodden Stick x2

Bread x10

Panel 10

"Hmm... bread, yum." Ren muttered with a sarcastic tone as a bread quickly appeared within his hands. "Then again... it's better to eat this quickly, that way I won't have to endure this painful taste." was the last thing he said before sinking his teeths within the delightful bread.

Panel 11

A hooded man was walking on the road, his body was concealed within a greyish robe. As the man stopped in front of him, Ren slowly tilted his head against him whilst taking a last bite from the bread, placing it on the ground as he slowly stood up, thus making the bread disappear.

Panel 12

The hooded man peeked a second towards Ren, before speaking "So you're the one who called me. I've been walking for at least a hour, you know this is going to be pricey, but nonetheless, what did you wanted to know?" with a serious tone, as he was a information broker.

Panel 13

Run snorted as he heard the word pricey, he wasn't charmed by that word, though he had enough money as he was staying only at cheap inns and eating mostly bread. He didn't have time for luxuries as he was spending money on either information or reagents.

Panel 15

The man chuckled at Ren's questions, but without any hesitation he started answering them. "Well for once the dragon is about eight meters long. He's scales are a bit tough and hard to crack, that's why I'm suggesting that you should attack him beneath his throat, that way you'll inflict more damage upon him." the hooded man said in a coherent manner.

Panel 16

"Also, you should be careful when he's one health bar left, he will start flying and spew fire all over the place. Oh, and I almost forgot, when he's on the ground watch out for his tail, as he enjoyes doing spirals, thus he will try to use cleaving attacks with it." the man added a few moments later.

Panel 17

All this time Ren was nodding, soaking it all the information given to him. "Alright. Thank you, that was a about all that I needed to know, we'll surely meet another time, friend. By the way, how much will this cost me?" he asked whist opening up a trade window with the man.

Panel 19

"Ten percent discount? Not bad, we'll definitely see each other another time then, friend. Well then, thanks for coming here on such a short notice, and also I appreciate the help and information that you've gived me, I'll make good use of it. Farewell, and safe journey." Ren said with a dull tone but not rude whilst accepting the payment.

Panel 20

The hooded man let out a slight smirk before speaking "Yeah, I just hope you survive that long, friend." whilst using a teleporting crystal to return back inside the village where he was working. A bluish portal appeared in front of him, disappearing a few seconds later, at the same time with him.