[PP-F2] Can't Learn to Swim Without Getting in the Water (Destiny & Sol) [Complete]

It had been a few days since Destiny had seen Sol but she was thrilled; mainly because they were going to explore the second floor.  Destiny was unsure what they were going to do there but either way she was pretty excited. She checked the time as she stood there,"Hmm...." she said to herself.  Destiny thought, "Did he forget?"  

Sol panicked, hurrying to their meeting place next to the first floor boss room to move on to the next floor. SOl knew how excited she was to advance and move on ahead, and being late would only make her a tad angry if anything. Since oversleeping for the first time since they partnered up, Sol continued to rush, panting heavilly as he sees the meeting place in sight.

"Oh God! She is going to be soooo mad at me...." He said to himself as he rushed up to Destiny and panted heavily. "I'm... So.. Sorry I was... late... Won't... happen again... Promise!" He said, out of breath and worried he was going to receive some sort of punishment. He regained himself and let out a deep breath to calm his heart rate. "Y-You ain't mad.... Right?" Sol asked with a nervous smile on his face.

Destiny stared at Sol rather blankly.  Then she extended out her arm at Sol face.  She waited for some time, and then extended her index finger flicking Sol in the face.  “Mad doesn’t describe what I feel.†She said.  Destiny then pulled down on one of her pigtails twice before crossing her arms.  She bit down on her lip as she stood their thinking with her eyes closed.  â€œAnywhoo….† She said sternly.  â€œWhat. Would. You. Like. To. Do. Now?† She with distinct pulsations between each word. 

Sol flinched back upon being flicked in the face. "Ow~..." He rubbed his cheek where she had flicked him. Sol knew he wouldn't hear the end of this... at least that's what he thought. "What do we...?" He mouthed the words coming out of Destiny's mouth and then it clicked. "Oh, Of Course. We are going to the next floor as planned. You ready to go? I got me materials for a bit of a cook outing once we get up there." He was prepared to venture onward, ready to see what lies ahead. 

“Lead the way, sir.† Destiny said as she did a slight bow.  Destiny thought to herself about when she was finally going to get a profession.  Most people that she had become acquainted to had theirs and were hacking away at their professions; meanwhile she was still attempting to get her first kill.  Destiny sighed as she sighed and cracked her neck; her emotions piling inside of her.  

Sol began to lead Destiny through the Boss Chamber, looking around at the remnants of the fight that happened. Sol spotted a vigil near the doorway to the second floor. "Hey, do you see that?" Sol ran to the large stone vigil and looked at it. "Hey it showed who beat the boss!" Sol skimmed through the list, then began to further inspect the vigil more, seeing a separate section. "....." Sol became speechless as this list was far greater than the completed portion of the list. "...No Way." Sol lowered his head and turned to slowly walk to the door after a few moments.

“Hmm?†she said questioningly.  “What’s up?† Destiny walked over to the vigil and inspected it herself. “Eh…What’s up, Sol?† she asked again.  Destiny scratched her head thinking to herself, “What’s up with him all of a sudden.† She observed him walking rather in a sulking manner.  “Hey!† She exclaimed running to him.  Destiny stopped him in his tracks.   â€œWanna tell me what’s the matter?† She questioned him as she sternly analyzed his face; looking for some sort of confirming expression. 

Sol stopped at the staircase, being halted by Destiny's position. "... The party that cleared the floor." Sol remained silent for a few more seconds before taking a breath to finish his sentence. "More than half the party was killed on the boss..." Sol pulled his hand up and looked at it. "...If they have this much trouble on the first boss... How can we even go against something that can decimate raids like that?" Sol clenched his fist, then he let out a sigh, releasing his hand into a relaxed position. "S-Sorry... That was... just unnerving." He looked to Destiny, giving her a slight smile, but Sol felt as if he was greatly worried now about the bosses now.

Destiny was straight faced as she listened to him talk her eyes moving every now and then to scan his face; attempting to immerse herself in what he was thinking.  Once he finished she fully understood his feelings. 

“Hey.† She said softly in a soothing tone.  “You’ll be fine.† She said looking directly into his eyes.  “I know that you want to save everyone.  I see that inside of you.  But its just;….we all can’t make it.†Destiny hesitated slightly as she said, “ Sometimes things happen for a reason, Sol.  There are things that we cannot control no matter how much we fight.  It’s like.. Destiny.† She said with a slight smile at the end as she plucked her index finger on his nose.  “Sol.†She said as she gave him a little hip pump into his hip.  “What’s your favorite color?† she said as she kept on moving forward, in front of Sol; leading the way this time.  Destiny was trying to keep his mind off his dwellings. 

Sol listened to her words carefully. Once he heard her say that things happen for a reason, Sol lowered his head as she finished out her sentence. "...But..." He felt the touch of a finger on his nose and looked up at Destiny. He blinked at the question and replied. "...Uhh... Blue... That's my favorite color." Sol followed after her unconsciously with out realizing that they continued going up the staircase to the next floor.

"That's why I call myself to be the Azure Dragoon. I want a name people to remember. A name people can find courage in. I want to be a Hero. But I guess..." Sol gulped and shook his head. "You're right... Things happen... I can't save everyone. But... I will always put any effort to try!" He nodded giving a smile to Destiny.

“Hmm.  I never thought of that.  I guess I just didn’t connect the dots.† She said in reply to his favorite color being blue and the Azure Dragon notion.  “Well Sol.  You trying to save everyone is probably where you’re going to mess up. “ She stated as she continued walking.  “You see if you try and save everyone, you’re probably going to die.. And you’re not dying anytime soon.  At least not on my watch.† She stopped walking briefly and turned to face Sol slightly and she winked at him as she said, “ I’ll make sure of it.â€

Destiny continued  walking again.  “Keeping the eye on the prize.†She thought to herself. 

Sol smiled. "Well. Alright, You gotta keep your word on that. But For both of our sake... I'll try not to throw my life away." He felt a bit more at ease than he did a few moments ago. Destiny pulling his mood up to a better outcome, helped out alot more than she would know. "Same for you though. Don't be jumping out to save my skin and die in-front of me... I don't think I could live with that on my soul." Sol stared at Destiny as they both exited the staircase and onto the newly found floor in-front of them. 

Floor 2, the new chapter to their conquest to exit this game. It looked similiar... but more wooded areas, and mountains. "...Huh... I thought it would be something a bit different. Maybe it just changes as we go up in floors?" Sol noticed it was slightly cooler than it was the floor below. Maybe due to the mountains in the distance.

“Yeah sure.†Destiny said in response to Sol’s statement. “Something something something death…†She thought to herself.  By this time what Sol was saying went one ear and out other.  It wasn't that she didn’t care; it’s just she knew what he was saying because he had said it plenty of times before.

Destiny started giggling to herself as she was listening to Sol talk about how the floors didn’t differ as much.  She thought to herself “Yeah, and the next floor we go to the only difference is that it will have one more house and one more tree.† Destiny poked Sol in the side.  “So, wanna go kill things I guess?†she said as she continued poking him.  Destiny didn’t know what to do, she was slightly bored yet slightly amused.  The amusement deriving from poking Sol. 

So looked around for something to do. "...Hrm. Lets go explore, see whats all this place has monster-wise." Sol began to walk amongst the woods, looking around as he sees some creatures near a cave. "...Whoa... are those...?" He looked at the from a distance, about half their size, ugly and had wooden and stone weapons. "...Kobolds!" He shouted pointing at them from afar. Sol drew his spear and ducked behind a tree. "Alrighty... Lets get him.. he is alone and should be pretty easy to kill."

“Huh?†Destiny said as she heard Sol exclaim something when he was strolling through the woods.  “Kobolds?† Destiny stepped behind Sol in attempts to see what he was seeing.  She scanned the area, squinting as she did so.  “Hmm…†She said to herself searching.  Once Destiny saw what Sol was seeing she nodded in agreement to finally seeing the Kobold.

“Alright, ladies first I assume?† Destiny stated. 

[4087] BD = 5 MD = 1

Destiny pulled out her sword, she gripped it in her hand tightly.  She dashed forward, running toward the Kobold.  Destiny ran with great speed and took her swing, missing ever so slightly.  She let out a slight sigh.  “Next time.†She thought to herself.  “Alright, Sol.  Your turn!â€

[Destiny misses]

The Kobold picked up its wooden and stone weapon.  It made an attempt to throw its weapon at Destiny.  It’s weapon landed about two inches in front of itself. 

[Kobold critically fails]

[Destiny  13/13 HP]

[sol 15/15 HP]

[Kobold 8/8 HP]   

[4119] [sol  2+1 = 3]

Sol charged into battle and attempts an attack on the Kobold dashing forward to attempt a strike at the Kobold's chest. "Together, We will get through this together!" Sol thought as the Kobold panics and ducks to grab at his poorly thrown weapon to pick it up, causing Sol to miss. "Damn it! Switch Destiny!" As Sol pulls back his spear to regain his balance.

[sol misses]

[Destiny 13/13 HP]

[sol 15/15 HP]

[Kobold 8/8 HP]

[4122] BD = 8 MD 2

Destiny brought forth her sword alongside her face so you could see the reflection of her eyes. “Alright Sol!† Destiny really shot forward dashing toward the Kobold.  “You’ll get it this time! AHH!† As she swing her sword.  Hitting the Kobold.

[Destiny does 1 damage]

The Kobold stumbled forward swinging its weapon; but misses.

[Kobold misses]

[Destiny 13/13 HP]
[sol 15/15 HP]

[Kobold 7/8 HP]

[4124] [sol 8+1 = 9]

Sol grinned, the flow of their teamwork, pulling together at least! "Yes! Keep it up Destiny!" Sol thought as the sound of Destiny's sword hit the kobold with a satisfying shlick sound. Upon that sound, Sol dashed forward with a great speed. "I can't save everyone. But... I can try!" This thought lingered in his head. "HYAA~" Dashing past Destiny and the Kobold at near blinding speed. The strike to the kobold was fierce, leaving a great mark on the monster's side. As the Kobold grabbed at his side, Sol quickly turned around with a confident smirk.. "Heh! Come on Buddy! Hit me with your best shot!" He said to the monster as he readies yet another attack, grabbing the attention of the monster.

[sol deals 4 damage to Kobold]

[sol 15/15 HP]

[Destiny 13/13 HP]

[Kobold 3/8 HP]

[4128] BD = 3 MD = 6

“Great job Sol!† Destiny exclaimed.  Destiny ran forth as she attempted to make another swing at the Kobold.  This time missing a great deal.  “Eh… You win some and you lose some… I guess.† She thought to herself.  “Wait.. Aren’t I suppo-“ she said to herself

[Destiny misses]

The Kobold armed its weapon and took a swing at Destiny hitting her in the back.  

[Kobold deals 1 damage to Destiny]

[Destiny 12/13 HP]

[sol 15/15 HP]

[Kobold 3/8 HP] 

[4131] [sol 2+1= 3]

Sol sees the Kobold manage to hit Destiny. He grew bit angry at this action. Even though she was okay... the action still royally pissed him off. "Grrrraaah~!" He stepped in to stab the Kobold with his spear, missing and shouting at the Monster. "Hey ass hat! I'm Over here!" He shouted to try again to get the Kobold's attention.

[sol misses]

[Destiny 12/13 HP]

[sol 15/15 HP]

[Kobold 3/8 HP]