Organization and a More Comprehensive Quick Guide?

Hello,

I propose that maybe as a community we come up with a more comprehensive quick guide; kind of a like "Bare Minimum that you need to know to do well."  guide.  I only propose this because this was my first time ever going a forum platform RPG type of thing. (Other than Gaia; however... Let's not talk about that.) I found that the site was rather confusing in the beginning; yes probably everyone did, but slightly due to my foreignness to this all I found it to be rather overwhelming in the beginning.  Thus, a more comprehensive quick guide. 

When I first started, I pretty much read the tutorial 2 times over.  I even printed it out, took notes and highlighted. [Yeah, I know a bit extreme but I didn't had all the time at home to read it all thoroughly and slowly.] Even then I found a few of the concepts still mind bottling.  I have only really made it this far thanks to a couple friends and their patience.

I am thinking that we should probably do a poll to see what shall be included in the guide, that if this proposal makes it that far.  But taking opinions of what to put on there by the newer users and the more experienced users would probably best to be able to cover all the ground.  

Also, (I am being a bit picky here) if there was some way to better organize important and concrete information; that would be lovely.  

For example, as of right now I am trying to find a GM to ask to close out my completed threads, however, I don't know who else to message other than the ones I had previously. I do remember stumbling upon a list somewhere a while back, regardless, it was in an ambiguous area and I can no longer find it.   

Lastly, maybe to make things easier on GM's and make the process more fluid.  Create a sort of entry way that one will be able to submit their completed thread to, and then that information will be sent to an external site in which all GM's would have access to.  There they would be able to remove the notices of the ones that they have closed and leave notes for the other GM's to see that one had notified the person that there was an issue.  I am personally not a programmer, however I know others; maybe this is possible?  This is just an idea I am throwing out there since I have a feeling that the GM's get slammed from time to time. 

I do hope that what I have proposed here makes some sense.  

Thanks for your time reading! 

I actually do agree with the idea somewhat (maybe not the tutorial - although if we do keep adding to it, a td;lr may be warranted), as I do keep reading all the rules, but I like the idea about having an external location to submit (can be as similar to google docs) and have GM's approve each roleplay thread that way. I agree with the idea, that sometimes when we may ask one to lock it, if they do not get back, or are just busy with life, its sort of somewhat bad (at least in my perspective) to bug a second one to do the same job in about a day.

Also, Destiny, I think that list that you were referring to was taken down, I do not think it was updated often enough to warrant it be active, as I do remember it stating PST were the ones to lock roleplays and not GMs, but it was also somewhat hard at times keeping track who was a PST and who was not, as some were not comfortable with approving a quest that involves an uncommon item.

I propose that maybe as a community we come up with a more comprehensive quick guide;

The fans, users, members here (not including staff) is free to make up topic, hot sheet, quick guide, or their version of the official rules on what to do, where to start, who to talk to; or their own perspective that helps them. Regretfully we do have one but they may not seem easy to read by some, depends on the reader. But that's true for any other narrative.

kind of a like "Bare Minimum that you need to know to do well."  guide.

I got one, don't die!

I am thinking that we should probably do a poll to see what shall be included in the guide, that if this proposal makes it that far.

You don't need my permission, but you have my blessings!

Also, (I am being a bit picky here) if there was some way to better organize important and concrete information; that would be lovely.

Great topic/discussion to start here in the Support and Feedback section.

I am trying to find a GM to ask to close out my completed threads, however, I don't know who else to message other than the ones I had previously. I do remember stumbling upon a list somewhere a while back, regardless, it was in an ambiguous area and I can no longer find it.

Is this your card?

http://www.sao-rpg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

It's found on the main page, at the bottom, between the who's online and the Facebook comments.

Lastly, maybe to make things easier on GM's and make the process more fluid.  Create a sort of entry way that one will be able to submit their completed thread to, and then that information will be sent to an external site in which all GM's would have access to.  There they would be able to remove the notices of the ones that they have closed and leave notes for the other GM's to see that one had notified the person that there was an issue.  I am personally not a programmer, however I know others; maybe this is possible?  This is just an idea I am throwing out there since I have a feeling that the GM's get slammed from time to time.

Meh, I been barking up that tree for a long time when I bought the unused "blogs" section up top for the staff to test and try. I wanted it to be like an all in one place for players to create their character sheets, update their progresses and topic competitions, and a place for staff to leave notes and comments as well as individual evaluation approvals unlike the individual topics found in the newly created evaluations forum section. But I lost that battle. 

but I like the idea about having an external location to submit (can be as similar to google docs) and have GM's approve each roleplay thread that way.

I really don't, Google Docs is nice but not universal on all platforms. Try loading one on a console's browser. Hence why I tell my staff to keep all discussions and posts here on the site itself and not through an external place to make all information easy, accessible, and all in one location.

Also, Destiny, I think that list that you were referring to was taken down, I do not think it was updated often enough to warrant it be active, as I do remember it stating PST were the ones to lock roleplays and not GMs, but it was also somewhat hard at times keeping track who was a PST and who was not

Oprah: AND YOU GET A CAR!!

http://www.sao-rpg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders