[PP –F1] Tread Lightly (Destiny & Draterion)

“Yeah.  Sure.† She said as she got up from her seat and holstered her sword.  As Destiny listened to Draterion brag about his level.  “Heh, so this kid likes to brag about this his level. “  She thought to herself.  “Well… I am guessing that you have had made more connections in this world than I have.† She stated. Destiny headed toward the door, pausing to wait for Draterion. 

(OOC: I was not bragging, I was telling you there was no danger)

Draterion walked obviously upset. He really hadn't made very many connections, and about half of his friends died, so... It was all worth nothing. Draterion walked slowly out of town when he stopped by the quest board and ripped one down.

<<Destroying the Central Essence>>

The player must travel thrught the forest of memories and find two stones that unlock the pathway to a little cave. A rather hard monstrous for a level 5 or below lurks down there...... Will you survive the battle?

Draterion thought the quest was very fun to be going on. But Destiny may be afraid of dying... And there were many more less scary ones... "Does this one look OK?"

Destiny looked at the quest.  "Hmm...Seems a bit dangerous.." She thought to herself.  Destiny looked back at Draterion, scanning his face for some sort of confirmation.  "Alright, sure why not.  Its been a while since I have fought something."  She said with confidence.  "I guess this will test my skill along with other things."  she thought to herself.  Granted that Destiny didn't have that much for armor, she didn't have anything really; and her weapon was rather poor.  She didn't want to forgo a quest.  Saying no to something like that was being weak.  

(OCC: My bad)

(OOC:It's fine!).

Draterion examined the pamphlet a bit more. "Or you sure you want to go on this quest, Destiny? This creature at the bottom of the cave could be technically.anything. so........ We could do something easier if you would like, but if you really are eager to do that one we could do that one!" Draterion looked around for something..... He thought he had heard a loud noise, but maybe he was wrong.... Ever eince he first went into SAO his ears and hearing have been oddly weird, even though in the real world Draterion hadn't had a problem with his ears and hearing except for that they were dirty all the time.

Destiny nodded.  “Yes, I am sure that I want to go on the quest.† She smiled slightly.  â€œI mean it wouldn’t hurt for me to get stronger and hopefully along the way gain something out of it.† Destiny’s brow furrowed as she watched Draterion look around for something.  She had the feeling that something was bothering Draterion but she wasn’t sure what it was.  Not only was his behavior rather abnormal, but she just had a feeling that something was up.  “Are you okay, Draterion?†she said softly. 

Draterion barely heard her but hear a bit of what she had as. Turning around instantly, he replied with a "Yep I'm fine!" He always pulled that off. Draterion wondered what beast could lie in the cave... And if it had enough HP for them to be rewarded with some money(col) and possibly a rare item. Draterion equipped his weapon and armor.

Weapon Slot-

Empty>>Dragon Heart(+3 damage)

Armor Slot(s)-

Leather Jacket>>Breastplate of the Dragon Warlord(+3 damage mtigation)

Empty>>Flaming Gauntlets(+1 Accuracy)

Draterion looked much taller and much stronger now. "So, Destiny, ready to go?"

Destiny shrugged at whatever it was that distracted Draterion.  “Yeah! Let’s go!† she said as she grabbed Draterion by the arm and started running towards the cave.  Destiny was rather excited to go kill something; it had been sometime since she had killed anything.  Destiny smiled as she ran dragging Draterion behind her.  “This feeling of running is… amazing.† She thought to herself. 

Draterion had always been a runner in real life, but he hadn't actually ran in the game before, and he was being dragged. He struggled out of her grasp and began to sprint in front of her. Draterion had always dreamt of being an Olympian for a country in running and would find it very fun to do so, but he would have to wait... If he survived this death match. But by now it was not a worry of his, he knewhe would do it someday he was tthat good of a runner in spirit and in true strength. Draterion yelled back to Destiny as he slowed down, but then soon realized she had passed him. Draterion saw a rather easy buoar level one, so he yelled at her, "Kill the boar while your running and create crystals as the dust, as if you were running on the crystal clouds!" If such things even exisited. :)

“Wait he runs too?!† She thought to herself.  There had never been anyone who was able to keep up with Destiny before.  Out of all her friends here in SAO she had always seemed to out run them.  But to see Draterion even keep up was astonishing to her.  “Wuuhhhat? I can’t really hear you!!† she yelled back at Draterion.  Destiny saw a boar on their way running to the cave.

[4419] BD =1  MD=7

Destiny instead of attacking the boar; she actually ran into the boar, tumbling and flipping over the boar.  And actually causing her damage along the way.

[Destiny misses]

[boar does 1 damage HP]

[Destiny 15/15 HP]

[Draterion 45/45 HP] ???

[boar 2/2 HP]

aterion laughed a bit as he charged forward, leaping over the boar and doing a somersault, in which in the real world he would most likely break his back attempting to do so. Draterion ran in a circle, then tilted his direction on a quick axis the sprinted towards the boar full out, as if a lion after his prey.

ID:4420

Battle Dice:5[+1=Flaming Gauntlets](Draterion deals a total of 6 damage)

Draterion ran through the crystals appearing everywhere then to Destiny to help her up. "That was fun!!"

Destiny-14/15

Draterion-45/45

Boar[dead]

“Ah. Ha. Ha. Ha….† She laughed half heartedly.  Destiny was embarrassed at what happened but she had to carry on, she didn’t want to lose to Draterion.  Running was her thing, and if she lost that…. It would be a bit much for her.  “How much longer until we are there?!†she yelled over to Draterion.  Destiny kept on running determined not to loose. 

• 4 weeks later...

Draterion stopped abruptly as they reached the forest. "In about a second or too." Draterion didn't even seem to care about who won as he walked into the forest of memories, a supposedly hard to clear dungeon on this floor, unlike many ohters. Draterion slowly headed in with quick steps and little steps, wanting to fight something once more. He had a feeling the monster in there-unlike what the book said-might even seem monstrous to him. And Draterion wanted to see this Monstrous enemy. "Ready????"

"Umm....Well...."  Destiny was a bit scared to admit that she was still too weak to even kill boars, not to mention venture into some dark creepy forest to who knows were. "...I couldn't even kill the boar.. I mean.... I still only have 15 HP and only deal 1 damage per hit...I don't think I'm strong enough Draterion...."  Destiny looked down when she said the words.  She hated admitting that she as weak.  Though Destiny was stubborn as ever, she felt as though she would be better off letting him know that she was a crutch; instead of trying not to be one.