[PP-F1]Greeting the Newbie [Fallen and Saoant][Complete]

Jun headed down to F1, he had received a PM from a player regarding showing them the ropes. That player was a player names Saoant, and Jun was eager to meet a new person especially one that he could train and help. He went to the designated spot which was near the edge of the starting town. Jun stopped of at a cafe quickly before and grabbed some donuts and other assorted goodies including several drinks so that if they got hungry or thirsty they would have a snack.

Jun arrived at least an hour early so he cracked open one of the drinks and started to slowly sip, it was of course, and iced tea which he had grown so fond of. It had a sweet taste to it, and like all iced tea he bought it was peach and mango flavour. Jun had never really had it in the real world so when he first tried it he didn't know what to expect, but he was pleasantly surprised. Time slowly passed as he stared off into the distance waiting for this other person to get here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saoant (Say-o-ant) had recently heard about a new game which was apparently ground breaking, being a hardcore gamer he couldn't really pass up on this opportunity. When he got here however, he found himself in awe of the scale and quickly set about with finding somebody to show him the ropes. He didn't know anybody so just typed in a random name and sent Fsllen a pm requesting help. In Saoant's mind Fallen was a goth girls name so he intended to hit on her and make a good impression.

Sady he had gotten lost in the big town and arrived at the designated location a bit later than he'd intended to. When he got there he saw a guy, he sighed and realised he'd been too optimistic but he got on with guys as well. He waved confidently over to the guy, he was fairly used to meeting new people so wasn't the least bit intimidated. When he got close he held out his had to shake his hand saying "Nice to meet you, I'm guessing you're Fallen? I'm kinda new here as I said in the pm, I've played tonnes of games so I should be a quick study" For some reason he felt a strange urge to rest his arm on the rapier attached to his waist and did so on a whim.

Rolled 10 on Battle Die

Rolled 4 on Mob Die

Jun continued to sip on his iced tea until he saw another person approaching, he introduced himself, "Yes, I'm Fallen, but for the sake of convenience, you can refer to me as Jun, it's easier to remember and it feels more comfortable for me." He smiled and gestured for the other person to follow him. The two walked for a while out into a field where Jun spotted a boar. He pointed to it, "That my good man, is a boar. You would be wise to attack it, and it's pretty simple, I'll show you and you join in." Jun charged at the boar, slicing across it's body, leaving a large gash on it's side. The boar fell over and squealed, it was unable to retaliate but jumped back up and flared it's nostrils, ready for the next attack.

Boar

Stats:

Health: 9/9

CRITICAL +3 DAMAGE

Total Damage dealt 7

ID#4283

Battle: 10

Loot: 13

Saoant nodded as the guy requested to be called by another name, he guessed it was either a nickname or his real name but didn't didn't press it, instead he offered up his own nickname in case the guy felt weird about asking "You can call me Aks if you like" He followed the guy, it wasn't a long walk and before long they were in a field, in there was a boar, he figured it was a monster by virtue of its health bar but Jun explained it. He nodded and watched at he slashed the boar leaving a rather large gash, he whistled and said "Impressive" He drew his own sword, a rapier and made a very basic thrust towards the boar, he didn't know much about the game mechanics but assumed newbie enemies wouldn't need weak spots. His attack hit it's mark and the boar collapsed on its side defeated.

He pumped his fist triumphantly as he saw his loot, 45 col, it was a nice first drop, or so he presumed. He grinned gleefully as he turned to high five his partner "First ever hit and it's a critical, guess I'm lucky. Talking about lucky do you know any cute babes? I'm hoping to start a harem" Once again Saoant was being more honest than he should but he's compulsively honest, that and he really is a pervert.

Boar

Stats: 

Health: 0/9

Critical +2 Damage

Total damage dealt 3

Rolled 5 on Loot Die

ID: 4288

​"Well, unless you count female boar there are no 'babes' out here. So unless you want to get dirty with a pig I suggest you focus on the task at hand." Jun saw a little window open up in front of him, he guessed it was his loot from the boar, he didn't really expect anything, and his expectations were met, he didn't get anything.

Congratulations

You Gain!

1 Blacksmithing Material

He lied, he didn't get nothing, but no col or items, just a single material. He turned his attention to Akio, who preferred to be called Aks for some reason, just to annoy him Jun was going to call him Aki. "Do you get the general gist of it? It's pretty simple to be honest" He pointed to another boar, "You should go fight that on your own, I'll watch and give you some feedback on your performance." Sitting down in the grass he cracked open another iced tea and started to drink. "Don't worry, if it goes badly I'll step in and help you. Go on" He shooed him away to go fight the boar.

Boar

Stats:

Health: 9/9

ID: 4291

Battle: 6

Saoant giggled at his response and said "As nice as that sounds they're not my type, they're not very good conversationalists you know" He found his own joke rather amusing but figured the guy had to have some girls on his friend list, he intended to find out one way or another.

Saoant listened intently to what Jun had to say and nodded as he went along and said "It sounds simple, just make sure you report every manly detail to the ladies" He was joking of course, beating a low level monster is nothing to boast about. He steadied his breathing and held up his rapier with his arm slightly bent, he charged forwards and unintentionally let out a battle cry as he launched a thrust towards the boar's head. Sadly shouting before you hit an enemy is just asking to be dodged and his attack just about scraped the body of the boar.

Boar

Stats:

Health: 8/9

Rolled 8 on Mob Die

ID: 4298

Boar

Stats:

The boar flared it's nostrils at the newcomer when it was struck. Preparing to charge in it stamped the ground and ran full pace at the human, smacking him in the chest and sending him falling over on his ass. The boar ran back and stamped the ground in celebration of him hitting the human, he danced around in a circle huffing and stamping.

Aki: 4/5

ID: 4299

Battle: 3

Saoant cursed under his breath, that actually hurt, he rubbed his arse as he stood up, maybe he used up all his luck earlier? Well there was no use thinking about it, he just had to try and get in the zone. He made another thrust, he thought it felt like the first but the boar dodged and he fell flat on his face from his failed thrust. Hopefully he could get up before the boar attacked him again because pooping would me a nightmare if he didn't.

Rolled 7 on Mob Die

ID: 4300

Boar

Stats:

The boar let out a triumphant snort as he dodged the humans attack, he was pretty weak in comparison to the other person who was just sitting and watching while the boar whooped the ass of his friend. The boar huffed again and flared its nostrils and prepared to charge again. He did so and hit the human square in the chest again, sending him flying back a little bit. He repeated his little dance and started to let out little snorts as well.

Aki: 3/5

ID: 4031

Battle: 5

Saoant thankfully managed to stand up before being hit, once again he fell on his arse and he noticed his health bar drop down to three, if memory serves him correctly criticals boost damage and one crit hit and he could be dead. He didn't want to loose in a newbie area, it was a matter of pride. He tried another thrusting attack but once again the boar dodged. This time he'd learned his lesson and didn't fall over, instead jumped back away from the boar and shouted back "I think you should take over, I'm not having much luck here" he didn't mind asking for help when he needed it.

Rolled 3 on Mob Die

ID: 4304

The boar was nearing victory, it seemed this was almost the end for the new player Saoant, the boar would best him. Not if Jun had a say in the matter, he stood up and prepared to intervene. The boar charged at the weaker human, this time veering a little bit to the right and charging right past him, now right behind him the boar turned and faced the human. "Hey buddy, should I take it from here or are you ok? You seem a bit low on health?"

ID: 4305

Battle: 5 (why cruel world)

Saoant was all ready to hand over the battle until the boar missed, maybe it was a sign, he decided to give it another go and made a thrust towards the boar only to be dodged again. Needless to say it was getting quite frustrating and he backed off a bit and shouted "Yeh, can you take over, I'll try to hit it but I'll stay away from danger" He didn't want to just sit back and let somebody else do the work, he learned best through doing.

Rolled 8 on Battle Die

Rolled 7 on Mob Die

ID: 4306

Jun walked over and stood in front of Aki, "It's fine dude, I got this." He charged at the boar at full pace with his sword in hand, he sliced across it's body, just like he did on the last boar, except this time he was going in with the intent to kill the boar rather than to demonstrate how to fight. He had landed the hit and it left a large mark on the side of the boar. Jun let out a little triumphant cheer as he turned to face the boar head on. 

The boar didn't like having his streak ended and had an angry intent in his eyes, the bull charged at Jun and hit him in the chest, that is the spot the boar was aiming for because it was the spot that usually did damage and had the largest surface area.

Boar

Stats:

Health: 4/9

Jun Health: 14/17

ID: 4308

Battle: 10

Saoant was spurred on by slashing across the boar, he was ready to fight, his desire to fight was only spurred on by seeing his new friend be hit in the chest by the boar. Both annoyed that his friend got hurt and eager to let the boar know the pain of having a sore bum he charged forwards and thrust the sword straight through it's tail and arse. He giggled at the nature of the shot before removing his sword and jumping away "I'm a right cheeky git aren't I " He said making a cheesy joke, this game was rather fun, if dangerous.

Boar

Stats:

Health: 1/9

Critical +2 Damage

Total damage dealt 3

Saoant's health - 3/5

Rolled 7 on Battle Die

Rolled 3 on Loot Die

ID: 4309

Jun laughed, "Remind me to cut out your tongue so you can never utter a pun again" he then charged at the boar, jumping up and thrusting his sword into the boar's head, causing it to squeal in pain before exploding.

Congratulations

You Gain:

1 Blacksmithing Material

Jun sighed, "You can't have everything I guess" He walked over to Aki, and handed him a donut, "Here, eat this." He laughed, "Boy that boar kicked your ass" Jun sat down next to him and took a sip of an iced tea, "So what else did you want to learn?"

ID: 4312

Loot: 16

The demon boar had finally been defeated and Saoant made a triumphant cheer which turned into a giggle as his friend threatened to cut his tongue out "It's not funny if it's not punny" He replied, it was arguably worse than his initial joke. He only just noticed a window in front of him, 45 Col, not bad, he looked over at his friend who seemed rather dissatisfied with his loot. He wondered what the loot was but it's probably just a case of it being bad compared to higher floors.

He felt his stomach growl and he was about to eat some of his bread when Jun handed him a doughnut "Thank you" He said simply and politely before munching on it. It had a relatively plain flavour yet it was comforting somehow, he was quite enjoying his food until Jun commented on how badly the boar was kicking his arse. He pouted and naively said "If it was a slime I would have beat it, that boar was clearly a mid boss" To Saoant the weakest monster is always a slime, even if there isn't a slime there. The guy asked if he wanted to know anything and he had a few things in mind so shot them off one after another "Which is the best shop to buy affordable weapons from? Are there any newbie friendly guilds ran by dominate yet beautiful women? Do you know any single girls? Which bars are best for cocktails?" He's questions were fairly focused on one thing, then he remembered something, he'd forgotten to rate the guy and said "forty two" under his breath, it was a rather high score for a guy he'd only just met. (It's out of 52)

Jun raised an eyebrow, "If I'm going to be perfectly honest you pretty much just described my guild." He took a bite out of his own donut and looked off into the field, "As for shops, my forge is pretty affordable from what I've seen and if you join the guild I'm in, you get 20% off your purchase." He picked up his iced tea that he had put down when he fought the boar and took a sip, this kid was a weird one, â€‹"I don't see why you'd want to know about single girls, but from what I can tell, I know one or two." He smiled and gave him a light punch on the shoulder, "There are more important things to focus on than chicks you know." Jun stood up and stretched, "Well lets get back to it, you need some more practice at this." 

Boar

Stats:

Health: 10/10

He pointed at the boar, "Go kill that thing, this time, don't let it kick your ass." He patted Aki on the back and sat back down, he was eager to watch him fight the boar.

ID: 4426

Battle: 1

Saoant counter raised his eyebrow, he knew he picked the right guy, he seemed like the perfect guy to know "48" he said under his breath, giving the guy a remarkably high score. Saoant ate a bit more of his doughnut and replied "Guess I'll be joining your guild, if I'm allowed of course. I'll be sure to use your forge regardless, you seem like a nice guy who won't rip a newbie off. Oh and about girls, they are the ultimate motivator, if you have a girlfriend waiting for you at home you will always return alive" he returned the punch to the shoulder, ever so slightly harder than the one he'd received.

He cracked his knuckles and his back as he stood up and made his way over to the boar and shouted back "It's fine, I'll kick its arse this time" his confidence was misplaced though. As he drew his rapier and made a fast thrust towards here he presumed the boar's heart would be the boar dodged. It appeared to be chasing his own tail as he dodged which was weird, Saoant was having remarkably bad luck and shouted back "How do these boars move so fast?" Surely a newbie enemy should be easier to hit right?

Rolled 5 on Mob Die

ID: 4427

The boar let out a surprised snort as he jumped to the side, he was doing some boar gymnastics and wasn't expecting a player to be attacking him. His face turned to a scowl as he charged at the human, but he felt a cramp in his leg and fell onto his side squealing in pain and trying to stretch it out. The boar got back up and huffed at the human, preparing for another attack.

ID: 4428

Battle: 4

Saoant saw what he believed to be the perfect chance to attack, the boar had gotten cramp whilst running and had fallen over. Keen to take advantage of this he charged forwards and attempted a downwards thrust whilst the boar was still downed. However, his attack missed at the boar had already gotten up, it was too late to redirect his attack  and he had to pull his sword out of the ground.