Ashes and Embers [Blacksmith Shop, F9]

Ashes and Embers

On Floor 9, among other lavish, experienced shops stands a Blacksmith forge. A tiny sign is planted into the ground near the edge of the plot of land that reads "Ashes and Embers". Inside the shop awaits a girl with fiery red eyes and purple hair ready to take on any task you ask of. Among the walls are racks where a number of prepared swords are held. An open pit of burning coals stands in one corner, an anvil in the other. Near the anvil is a sharp spinning wheel and a wooden table with a variety of tools hanging above it. The shop is neat and as you enter a bell rings softly.

Rank 3: Professional Blacksmith [57/80 EXP, 4 crafts a day]

STATISTICS

Crafting Abilities

Weapons (available at rank 1) Sword, spear, battle axe, etc. Weapons are used for melee damage.

Shields (available at rank 2) Large shield, small shield, etc. Shields are used for protection.

Armor (available at rank 3) Chestplate, helmet, gauntlets, etc. Armor is used for protection.

The CD Result Chart (Rank 3)
[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)

[4-5] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[6-8] = Good item  
[9-10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP
Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP

~Prices~

Bad Item - 5 COL/1 MAT

Good Item - 100 COL/2 MATS

Uncommon Item - 500 COL/ 3 MATS

Rare Item - 800 COL/5 MATS

Perfect Item - 1000 COL/ 7 MATS

STASH

1 uncommon item

Perfect two-handed sword

Uncommon gauntlets

Uncommon battle-axe

Edited by Pyro

Pyro, with much excitement, pulls her hair into a messy ponytail and a fresh new black apron over her basic cloth armor. She begins by taking a steel ore and puts it in a smelter located in the 'backyard' of her shop. After only a second the ore has shifted into a solid block of iron. She does this a number of times before she is satisfied and heads back into the small shop. Pyro puts the block pieces into the burning pit of fire and waits for the game-mechanics to do its thing. 'I'm sure real life smithing would be much harder...' She thinks as she takes a pair of tongs and moves the fiery hot mass into a bucket of water. After the material cools off she takes it to an anvil and gets to work. It takes 20 hits with a hammer but Pyro eventually creates a weapon.

ID: 4403

CD: 7 (Bad item)

A frown forms on Pyro's face as she inspects the weapon she'd created. 'Another go should do it.' She silently hoped and put the weapon in the storage room of her shop; to the side for later use.

-1 material

+1 experience

<<Experience: 1>>

<<1/2 Crafts remaining for the day>>

Materials: 8

Pyro takes more steel blocks and repeats the heat n' steam process. A look of annoyance mixed with determination is on Pyro's face as she takes her cooled 'stick' of steel and moves it onto the anvil. She hammers carefully and slowly though on the inside she wanted to much to see the results as soon as possible.

ID: 4404

CD: 3 (Failure)

"~Ehhh..." Pyro moans and shakes her head. "Tomorrow is another day!" She turns and stands behind the counter, leaning over and propping her head up with one of her slender arms.

-1 material

+1 EXP

<<Experience 2>>

<<0/2 Crafts remaining for the day>>

Materials: 7

At the break of dawn Pyro is up and active, ready for another challenge in her Blacksmith shop. She takes out the premade steel blocks and sets them in the fiery pit, repeating the heating and cooling process. She takes it to the anvil. This time taking only 15 hits with her hammer.

ID: 4439

CD: 12 (Perfect Item)

Pyro gasps excitedly at the perfect item she created. She held it up to a window, a source of light, and smiled at the beauty. It glimmers and sparkles. 

Item Description:

Type: Two-handed sword

Name: Everlasting Light

Quality: Perfect

Crafted in Ashes and Embers

Enhancements: +3 damage

Description: Rumored to be created by the Celtic sun goddess Brigid herself, this sword is the best of its kind. Its beauty outshines the rest; able to prove its worthiness out on the battlefield.

Not yet available for sale                    

PRICE: 1000 COL or 5 mats

<<Experience: 10>>

Materials: 6

-1 material

+8 EXP

post-3840-0-88389100-1418476695_thumb.jp

Pyro waits until afternoon to start crafting again. She decides to make something special for herself this time, with a personal touch. Pyro takes a while and sits at her crafting table drawing sketches before collecting all the resources and items need for the project. She went with a pair of boots and hung the drawing up on a billboard before getting to work. She uses her smelter, and forge. It takes a bit longer than usual because the boots have to be perfect. Finally Pyro finds herself hammering away, taking about 35 slow and paced hits.

ID: 4453

CD: 12 (Perfect Item)

Pyro nods her head, please at how the boots turned out. They would be perfect for her. 'And it only took one try!' She squealed and moved them to her storage room. She wasn't quite ready for them yet.

Item Description:

Type: Boots (Light armor)

Name: Flames of Infinity

Enhancements: Thorns, +2 damage on every 6-8 roll

Description: Reach mid-calf, and flames are engraved into the very boots themselves. A red aurora glows around them when in combat and burns whoever attempts to wear them if they're not strong enough. Thus, only players capable enough can equip these boots.

For personal use

<<Experience 18>>

Materials: 5

-1 material

+8 EXP

post-3840-0-72909500-1418497109_thumb.jp

Arekkusu walked into his friends shop. He wanted to upgrade his items, the current items he had were pretty old and they were weak for his current level. The only thing he really had was power, but that was just about it. He wanted to be a like agile as well, and why not give someone he knew a chance to do just that.

"Pyro?" Arekkusu called out to see if she was there. "Hey Pyro, I've made an order, if you aren't here I'll leave the order on the counter right here."

Arekkusu then placed the order on the counter, then he stood there waiting. If she weren't there, she can just read the order.

Name: Phoenix Wing

Enhancements: +3 Dmg, 

Description: Designed to wipe out and keep out. Encrypted with flame-like sharp edges the color of Orange, like Majestic Phoenix wings. Just like the Phoenix, it is powerful as well as it is fast to swing. Enemies who take damage from the edges will often have marks scarred on their body. This deadly weapon is designed to eliminate its targets without question.

Edited by Arekkusu Sepera

Pyro walks out from her storage room, placing her apron on a hook near the door. She notices Arekkusu and smiles. "You have an order?" She asks. When Arekkusu nods Pyro takes the paper he placed on the counter, reads it, and posts it onto her billboard. "If I manage it'll be done by tomorrow or the day after that." She says. "I'm closed now but will start at the break of dawn." Pyro bows in respects and thanks before walking out of the shop along with Arekkusu.

The next morning Pyro is awake and lively, ready for business. Right now she has more than a few things on mind involving crafting in her Blacksmith shop. She wants to make something for Destiny, Manta, and Sol but already has an order from Arekkusu. 'Ah my life is sooo difficult.' Pyro rolled her eyes at her over dramatic thought and began to work on Arekkusu's order.

She begins at her crafting table to sketch out what the 'Phoenix Wing' might look like. Arekkusu was a good friend of Pyro's and she wanted it to perfect, and not just because that was the quality he had requested. When her sketch looked neat enough she pinned it onto her blackboard and began smelting oars, shoveling coals into the large medieval device. It took a bit longer than usually and she rested against her shovel until all the ores were smelted and put into her inventory. Afterwards she brought them to her forge, using tongs to set them in the fiery pit and waited a while before taking them out. Steam rose into the air as she set the hot mass into the bucket full of two-day old, yet still freezing, water. The anvil was the only thing standing between her and the order. After an annoying and patient 12 hits with her large hammer the mound of iron turned into... wait a second. "NO!" Pyro shouted, it looked completely different from her sketch. Her mood was annoyed until she overviewed the item's description. "Yes!" She reversed her words when she saw it was uncommon.

ID: 4572

CD: 10 (Uncommon)

Item Description:

Type: Gauntlets

Name: Freedom's Flight

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: -1 MD (Mob dice)

Description: These bird-like gauntlets won't make you fly, but will help you in battle and make you look stunning.

Not yet available for sale

PRICE: 725 COL/4 mats

<<Experience: 21>>

Materials: 4

-1 material

+3 EXP

post-3840-0-68949900-1418573837_thumb.jp

Pyro tries yet again to craft, though this time isn't going for the order Arekkusu asked for. She decides to try again for his tomorrow and do something different today. She wants to make something decent.

ID: 4601

CD: 9 (Good Item)

<<Experience: 23>>

Materials: 3

-1 material

+2 EXP

Manta walked into her friends shop. "Hey Pyro!" She looked around for a second, her eyes alighting on a beautiful dagger. It was only 200 col! She shook her head. She only had enough col to commission for a perfect item. "I was wondering if I could get you to make me a pair of perfect boots? +2 skill rank for Battle Healing and another +1 to life steal." She checked her account. "I only have 950 col. Can I pay you the other 50 sometime later?"

Arekkusu came in to see how his friend was doing with his weapon. He entered the shop, still pretty  new, so he didn't really expect it to be ready. Pyro had a lot of things to do as a new shopkeeper, Arekkusu knew this since he was one as well, he still is pretty new that he thinks about it.

He walked up to the counter, there were weapons, but they all had their own flaws. Not what a perfect weapon should have, but what could he do? Anywaysm they seemed very decent, he might buy them later in addition to his Phoenix Wing blade. But for now, the blade he was looking for is his only goal.

"Hey Pyro." Arekkusu said. "I was just coming to see how you are doing with the weapon. Is there anything I could do to help you with it or really anything at all?"

Pyro watched her friend walk in and eye her shop, and she flashed a proud smile. She listened to the request, wrote it down, and posted it on her billboard. Pyro would have to start sketching it later. "Sure Manta, consider it done. I do have one order ahead of you, so expect it done either tomorrow or the next day if everything goes right."

Then, another customer walk in. It's Arekkusu. Pyro frowns because she hadn't achieved creating a perfect weapon yet. "No, sorry. I got an uncommon and good weapon today luckily. No perfects. I promise as soon as I get a perfect your weapon will be the first I make." Pyro felt bad. "If you could pay me in mats though when I'm done that'd be nice. Though I'm not pressuring you!" Pyro shook her head and returned her face to a casual expression.

Arekkusu felt the tension among the two, was there something that didn't seem right? It wasn't like Arekkusu was blaming Pyro for this, things happen, and being a shopkeeper himself, he knew how hard one had to work in order to get orders finished. So he made sure to choose his words carefully when he continued to speak.

"Don't worry." Arekkusu said to Pyro. "I know I may be an early order, but focus on those that others ask for before mine as a favor. I know mine is a pretty tall task, that is why I wanted to help in any way. So if you need mats for it, how much would you like?"

"I have enough, now." She promised Arekkusu. "But if I need any tomorrow I'll say so." Pyro smiled. "Perfect items, if you exchange from col, cost 5 mats. But you could pay half and half. Like some col and some mats. Does that make sense?" Pyro made hand motions in the air as she spoke, and then put her hands on her hips waiting for an answer.

"Oh don't worry." Arekkusu replied as he flicked his finger through his inventory. He aimed for the mats and was ready to give her five of them. He wasn't really crafting at the moment, so he didn't feel the need. Besides, he has some connections that could help him hunt for more mats. "Here are the amount of Mats you'll need for the payment, and so how much Col do I owe you?"

-Lost 5 Mats-

"Hey!" Arekkusu called as he laughed a little bit while he felt his head being messed with. He didn't mind it though, that's how friends have fun, they often screw with each other. Besides, it made up for the amount of damage he gave to her during their duel, so it was quite fair. She then let go of him, leaving his hair a bit frizzed up before he walked a bit clumsily. She really messed him up badly.

"Anytime Pyro." Arekkusu said to her. "I wanted to get an awesome weapon, and you're the one giving it to me, it's the least I could do for you. Stop by my shop if you need a monster grenade, I'll make sure to give you a good deal for this."

It isn't until late afternoon that Pyro walks through the door of her shop. She instantly gets to work, again for Arekkusu's perfect weapon. She isn't really in the mood to Blacksmith today but wants to get everything done as soon as possible; she does have yet another order after this one.

ID: 4739

CD: 1 (Failure)

Pyro sighs and shakes her head, tossing the failed weapon into the burner, letting it burst into crystal shards. 'Second time's a charm...' She thinks to herself not feeling to confident.

<<Experience: 24>>

<<2/3 Crafts remaining for the day>>

Materials: 7

-1 material

+1 EXP

ID: 4741

CD: 7 (Good Item)

Pyro angrily looks at the good item she had crafted in a matter of 10 hits. Sure, it was good, but not what she wanted at all. Pyro puts it on a shelf so customers can see it but she pinches the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "Only one craft left this better work..." Pyro looks over to her sketch of Arekkusu's weapons and overviews it one more time hoping that the final time will work.

"Of course it didn't..." She mutters.

<<Experience: 26>>

<<1/3 Crafts remaining for the day>>

Materials: 6

-1 material

+2 EXP

Pyro sighs and runs a hand through her hair, and smooths out her skirts, before trying yet again.

ID: 4748

CD: 10 (Uncommon)

"Of course!" She yells, almost slamming the item down, but Pyro stops herself and closes her crimson eyes for a few second before opening them again. "I will try again tomorrow as always." Pyro shakes her head but is glad she made 2 worthy items and didn't end up completely failing in the end. She puts it away and goes to the sketchboard, studying new crafts she plans to make for herself.

Item Description:

Type: Two-Handed Battle Axe

Name: Stained Warrior

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: Bleed, +1 damage every 9-10 rolled for 2 posts

Description: Bloody, beaten, used, this axe has been through it all; yet it still stands strong and is as sharp as ever. Any warrior worth enough should have this axe holstered upon his/her back.

Available for sale!

PRICE: 725 COL/4 mats

<<Experience: 29>>

<<0/0 Crafts remaining for the day>>

Materials: 5

-1 material

+3 EXP

post-3840-0-93102600-1418760510_thumb.jp