~COMPLETE~ [SP-F6] «Calming the Soul» Your true self...

"A mysterious waterfall, The Waterfall of the Sage, is said to call players to it giving them a feeling of complete relaxation. Several flat topped rocks lay in front of the waterfall as seats for all who wish to attempt and understand the mystery of the waterfall. Some say that when someone manages to focus enough a reflection of themselves appears, though its eyes red and its hair black as coal. You must face your demons and prove your might."

Sol visited Amazon, the small village filled with female only NPCs. “Strange… why was it only female?†He pondered and began to brainstorm if there was some hidden lore that he could discover on why there was no males located in the village. Shrugging it off as nothing, Sol started to wonder around, visiting shops and talking to various women for any kind of leads into quests “A lot of beautiful women are here…†He began to watch around him.

He gave a slight giggle to himself but shook of his guttural mind. “Ugh, if Destiny were to see me like this, I’d probably be beaten to death…†He mentioned to himself, luckily he was alone, No players around at the time to witness this one semi-perverted act of watching women. “Ah~~ Stop Sol! You have a job to do!†He exclaimed to himself to snap his mind back into its proper place. Continuing onward to a small hut with a sign in front saying ‘Soul Meditation’. 

Sol enters the building and looks around with curiosity. He sees numerous things; Shaman-like statues, incenses that are lit, and a blue flame that lit the middle of the room. Behind the flame on the other side was an elderly woman. She looked very wise, and very keen on what’s going on around them. “Excuse me?†Sol asked as a prompt for the quest «Calming the Soul» popped in front of his face. “….†He clicked the circle to confirm his selection of accepting the quest.

The woman opened her blind eyes and stared at Sol, her features Eerie yet… calming at the same time. She spoke with a voice that would pierce through Sol’s existence. “Welcome young adventurer, do you wish for your soul to be cleansed?†Sol swallowed a hard spot in his throat, something about this seemed off to him. “Yes, I do.†The woman chants an incantation where the room fades to black and Sol stared forward, staring into the blue fire. 

The woman began her dialog, “Sol, The Azure Dragoon. You take on the title of a Hero, the title that will liberate those you care so much for. You seek companionship as you travel, cherishing your friendships greatly with every step you take. Is this the person you want to be?† The question lingers then another prompt appears onscreen. [O    X]  Sol stared at the screen for a good while before accepting what was said to him, weary of what she may continue to say. 

This uneasy feeling inside of him only grew as the dialog continued.  â€œYour soul is a troubled one indeed. You doubt yourself many many times, and you fear the loss of your friends, especially one in particular. If you wish to become this hero you say you are and save the ones you care about, you need to be able to save yourself first.†Sol didn’t like this cryptic message that he was being told at all. In fact he got chills running up his body from hearing her go on about this quest. 

“How does she know this much….†Sol thought as he waited for the woman to continue her speech. “If you want to confront your own soul and calm it yourself, learning the ways of meditation. I can tell you where to go and how to do this. But if you don’t then you can never save your friends without confronting your own doubts. Head to the «Waterfall of the Sage» if you wish to continue and stare into the waterfall to proceed.†The woman marked a spot on Sol’s map. “I wish you luck adventurer… you will need it.†The old sage like woman goes back to her passive mode where she can be interacted with.

Sol turned around, leaving the hut and swiping down his friends list to see who was awake, “…Destiny, Claim, Pyro….†Sol begins a group message, typing a will of sorts to send, two days from the current time, to his friends. He narrowed his eyes and started to walk in the direction of the Waterfall, navigating towards its direction. As Sol began to traverse the jungle, he started to notice monsters roaming around, acting more and more passive as he draws near the waterfall’s destination. Sol knew in the back of his mind that this quest would have the chance of nothing but trouble to him. But he continued onward determined to complete his quest for his reward.

Once arriving at the Waterfall of the Sage, Sol blinks seeing the waterfall gush water below. “Stare into the waterfall? Is a monster inside or something?†He slowly approaches the wall of water with caution. “I-I don’t see anything…†He spoke to himself as he turned to look around himself. The grounds around him looked like an arena of sorts. Maybe there was an NPC that would come and give him his next steps, maybe even a trail. While he waited he looked back at the wall of water, seeing a very faint reflection of the world with in the transparent surface of the falls.

As Sol stared into the reflection, his heart began to pound. Maybe his little will was a good idea. Sol didn’t want to back down from what he was seeing. As his eyes crossed over into the reflected world, a dark shadowy creature started to step through the waterfall. Wielding the same weapon as him, same clothes, same equipment, same…. Eyes? “…!†Sol began to tremble in place, frozen in fear at… himself. “Hello Bastion.†The shadow spoke as it drew the spear out ready for combat. Sol continued to stay frozen in fear. Unable to coordinate his movements with his own mind. “Move Sol… Move!†He thought as the shadow grinned an evil smile, his red eyes piercing through Sol’s spirit. 

As the shadow stepped closer, about 15 feet away now from him. “Do you know who I am?†The shadow remarked as Sol began to weaken at the mere sight of himself, falling to his knees and attempting to keep his cool. “…†The Shadow took another step. “Aw, what the matter? Afraid to look at me?†The Shadow teased as he began to raise his spear to strike at Sol. “I-it’s not me, J-Just a shadow figure. That’s all… Snap out of it Sol!†He continued to rally his spirit to break out of his fear induced paralysis. “You’re not me. Just a program that looks like me. That’s all.†Sol gripped his spear and pulled it out with his eyes closed, He opened them to stare forth at his opponent, Unknown that the Shadow mimicked EVERYTHING he did. Sol dashed forward and attacked his darker self, parrying exactly with his counterpart. Sol chokes up on his recovery due to it being an exact mirror image of him and goes for another attack, also parrying exactly the same way again. 

The shadow laughed as it mimicked Sol’s every move. “What’s wrong Bastion? You seem like you’re afraid to hit me…†They both sidestep in unison, just like a mirror, the shadow followed. “Shut Up!†Sol shouted at his counterpart. “Why, Mr. ‘I want to save everyone’? I want to be a Hero! Bah, your purpose is foolish and stupid! Embrace the reality and let me take over. I’ll handle your problems with results, that’s a promise. I mean, I am you after all.†The Shadow explained his intention. “N-No! I refuse! You’re not me!†Sol trembled hearing his threats and goes to attack. Once again, his shadow meets with his blade again, a perfect parry. “It’s useless Bastion. You really need to just accept the fact that you’re all going to die in this game. I mean, have you thought about what’s happening to you in the real world?â€

The Shadow brought up a very valid point. “Wh-what do you mean…†Sol asked, afraid of what he would say. “You’re rotting away, inside that Nervegear of yours. Have you thought about your own body lately? Not eating, not drinking. You’re in a Hospital by now... and how long do you think they will keep you there as well as other players.†Sol froze, lowering his spear some, while the Shadow did not. “… N-no. You’re lying. Shut Up!†“Heh, I speak the truth Bastion. So face the music, you and all of these players are suffering in your death bed. Be the REAL hero and kill them here so they can die in peace. Think about it, this game is impossible. None of you will make it alive. Just give in, and free your friends from their suffering!†Just as the Shadow completes his statement, he leaps up and attempts a strike at Sol.

[4533] [shadow 6+1 = 7]

Sol a bit lost in thought is struck with his own weapon, slashing his shoulder and stumbling back. “Gah~! Damn it!†Sol rebalanced his stance and stared forward with a look of fear in his eyes, his breathing and heart rate jumped greatly. “Hehehe, Come on Azure Dragoon, give in. Be the REAL hero you are meant to be. End everyone’s suffering and save their souls.†The shadow remarked as it went back to mimic Sol once again in stance.

[shadow deals 3 Damage to Sol]

Sol [12/15] HP

Shadow Sol [15/15] HP

[4534] [sol 4+1= 5] [shadow 5+1 = 6]

Sol charges forth out of Fear for his life and his friends lives as well. He strikes blades with the shadow once again, mirrored by a perfect parry. The shadow twirled the spear around once the blades rebounded and struck Sol once again with a cut to his leg. “HAHAHA! You can’t possibly think you can beat me do you!? I am you Bastion, You Fear me!! Remember that time you looked in the mirror when your brother locked you inside the bathroom!? You looked right at me!! I was so close to killing you then to, and now, you have nowhere to run Bastion… Go ahead, Try to run from me.â€

[sol Misses] [shadow deals 3 Damage to Sol]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [15/15] HP

[4535] [sol 7+1 =8] [shadow 1+1 = 2]

Sol begins to shake violently from the voice echoing in his head. “…N-No! I refuse to run! I have people that need me!†Sol dashes forward with a blinding speed and strikes at the Shadow. The shadow was a tad bit slower which gave Sol that time for his Blade to hit against the Shadow’s torso. “Heh! Lucky hit hero…†The shadow replied to the strike against him. They both squared off, mirrored against each other. Sol in a panicked state while the shadow was intent on making Sol lose his sanity.

[sol deals 3 Damage to his Shadow]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [12/15] HP

[4536] [sol 2+1= 3] [shadow 2+1 = 3]

“Come now Bastion, Fighting against your true self won’t make you the hero you think you will become.†Sol and his shadow parry blades about three times. Both of them mirrored once again. Sol still in a panicked state from his shadow’s voice. “No! I’m not going to kill ANYONE! You’re not me! And like hell I won’t become the hero I want to be!!†He said to himself as words of encouragement.

[sol parries with his shadow on equal terms]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [12/15] HP

[4540] [sol 4+1= 5] [shadow 4+1 = 5]

Sol and his shadow square off again, both of them getting faster and faster with each strike, the both of them unable to land any hits on one another. The both collide spears and lock in place. “Come on Bastion~ Admit it. Don’t you want to save your friends? What about Pyro? You saved her from those boars murdering her. And how about Claim? Hm? Don’t you want to show him the meaning of liberation through my method?†“SHUT UP!!!†Sol screamed as he shoved his shadow off and leapt back for another chance to strike.

[sol parries with his shadow on equal terms]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [12/15] HP

[4541] [sol 8+1= 9] [shadow 3+1 = 4]

They both mimic stances once again. “And last but not least… Destiny.†The Shadow remarked the once name that Sol didn’t want him to say. “No… Don’t bring her in this! DON’T BRING ANYONE IN THIS!†Sol was on the verge of tears once the topic lead to Destiny. “She would be the first to go… You realize this right? You want to save her the most, don’t you?†Sol growled and charged out of anger. “KEEP DESTINY OUT OF THIS!!†Sol strikes the shadow, breaking through his guard and getting another hit on him. “Ngh~! She is the one that fuels your desire to be a hero even more, beautiful.â€

[sol deals 3 Damage to his Shadow]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [9/15] HP

[4542] [sol 4+1= 5] [shadow 1+1 = 2]

“Little Miss Destiny… Ah~ I would love to see your reaction when I save her Bastion.†The Shadow laughed maniacally. Sol gritted his teeth as he charged the Shadow, missing his strike as the shadow didn’t attack this time around. “Come now Bastion. It’s all perspective! Just give me that chance to let you see through MY eyes.

[sol misses his Shadow]

Sol [9/15] HP

Shadow Sol [9/15] HP