Minimum Post requirements

What it says  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many lines of roleplay should be required?

I just have to say just wow!

My last Post had over 30 full lines of olepay content, while I read other role pays and there's people only doing four lines of roleplay, even one I'm in has Liam Argues posting four lines making it very hard to make my post back. Could we Chang the minimal requiement.? Up to like 6 lines?

Why bother?

If people want to post in shorter posts then they can. Maybe people are posting shorter because your post doesn't contain enough information that they can draw upon. I've always liked forums like these because there was a shorter posting requirement meaning there wasn't as much stress on me to pump out 10+ lines like some other sites. If people post short then don't RP with them it's really that simple. Honestly I think that 4-6 lines is about average from what I've seen around here, given there are some people who do really long posts.

Considering you yourself, both on this and your alt account generally only write 4+ lines I think it a tad hypocritical to look down on others who only write 4+ lines.

Don't get me wrong; I would much, much prefer longer posts as opposed to shorter ones; I just think it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Also; I feel it a tad rude to just insinuate someone you are RPing with is doing a poor job without first talking to them. Maybe if you PM Liam Argus/Argumail and say hey I generally like RPing with people who do X amount of lines, can we bump up the length?

Or offer advice on how post length can be extended like I have done here:

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/5387-improving-those-rp-skills-turn-1-liners-into-10-liners/#entry355833

Sometimes post length isn't everything it is quality over quantity. You can have a very well written post that maybe only has 15 lines, and a very poorly written post with 50+ lines and the one with fewer lines would be better off, as it is better written; and far more understandable.

Everyone has their own unique posting style; Personally; I feel it'd be best to have it set at 4 lines as that gives you something to work with, anything less and it's difficult, I generally try to keep my mouth shut on matters like this as my opinion isn't very popular and I tend to be harsh with what I have to say.  I tend to write shorter posts when people give me short posts to work with and if I genuinely enjoy Rping with that person then I am happy with it. Longer posts get longer responses.

I think having anything more than 4 lines is just restricting the RP, and those who are still learning how to RP and who want to just enjoy themselves.

I condense my post, alot of  your 7 lines is uselessly fluff. By uselessly fodder I mean one of two thing: 

1. Essentially, Word filling, and sometimes redundacy.

2. A action or thought, which isn't comprehendable, or it will not progress the story any sort of dialogual way.

In the words of a very smart band, Say what you need to say. There is no was need to write any more. I write as much as I can at that is relevent, at that particular moment. If you have alot to write, then write it. But, practice being precise and getting to the point. Many people are already in other Rps and are trying to post in many at the same time. So do what is need and attend to the next one

I apologize for the people who take this post offensively and did not me an it be so rude. :(

And I took a average of the current votes in the poll. The lines required should be five is what the poll said. Which I believe it's currently 4+ so 5+ wouldn't be much harder, would it?

Again, for all of you, I am sorry.