[PP-F1] That's a Doozy (Destiny & Manta) [Complete]

Destiny sat the fountain.  She thought to herself about these past couple days.  She had seen a lot of people; and met a many new faces however, their was one that she had not seen in sometime, and that as Sol.  It hadn't been more than a few days that they would run into each other; or he would send her a message or something.  But it had been more than a few days since she had seen him.  It started to worry her.  Destiny looked up at the sky and thought to herself. "Where could he be?" 

Manta was just heading out of the city when she saw Destiny. She had been wanting someone to go hunting with and this was her chance. She ran over and yanked her to her feet before running off, Dragging Destiny behind her. "Come on. I heard about this cool cave dungeon ting infested with werewolve and treasure! If we dont hurry it will all be gone!"

“uh what?†Destiny said as she felt someone pull onto her.  Destiny eventually broke free of Manta’s grip and was walking at her pace.  “A cave?  With loot?!† she said in an excited tone.  “That’s awesome; I could really use some stuff.†She said.  Manta snapped Destiny out of her moral blues.  “A quest. “ Destiny thought to herself “This is great.â€

Manta ran out of the city, not even looking to see if Destiny was following her. She made her way east for a few minutes until she came to what was literally a hole in the ground. It was hidden by bushes but was revealed when Manta chopped them down. Inside the hole it was pitch black, and there was no way to tell how deep it went. "Come on" She jumped into the hole, just barely fitting with her arms by her sides. A few seconds later there came a loud splash. "Come on down. The waters warm!" Inside the hole was what appeared to be a dungeon. There were torches in the walls that sputtered with eery blue flame. Manta climbed out of the pool and lay on the chiseled stone floor, waiting for Destiny.

Destiny looked down the hole.  “Ehh….†She said under her breath.  “It’s like taking a dive…†she said to herself.  “Well.. .Here goes nothing.† Destiny jumped into the hole.  She had her arms up and above her head.   All of a sudden Destiny felt wet and warm, she was under the water.  Destiny jumped up and gasped for air.  “Well….That was rather… interesting.†She said to Manta.  Destiny looked around to see the touches on the wall and where Manta sat on the chiseled stone floor.  Destiny made her way over to where she was; and pulled herself up.  “Wanna explore† she said as she stood up, trying to dry off her clothes. 

Manta sat up and started to wring out her hair. It was so thick and long that that task alone took another few minutes. "Yup! Also be careful around treasure chests... There are probably some trapped ones." She stood up and glanced around. There was only one hallway, but it seemed to go on forever, with lts of doors at seemingly random intervals on either side. "alets go!"

“Wait, trapped treasure chests?† she said questioningly.  Destiny walked swiftly through the long corridor.  “I have yet to run into a trapped one; lucky I guess.†She stated as she continued to walk.  The corridor seemed never ending and the doors, well they were mysterious to say the least. The passage seemed to be getting darker, and damper.  It was as if they were lurking in a place that they should be in.  “Want to open one of these doors?† she asked Manta.  

"Not the treasure chest itself necessarily. The door could slam behind you and then mobs could spawn all around you." Manta unsheathed her sword and headed to the first door on the right. "Let's see whats in here!" Just then a loud wolf-like howl came from down the corridor. "....Lets just hide in here. Im not actually sure how strong the mobs are around here."

“Okay.† Destiny said softly to herself as Manta explained the treasure chest situation.  Destiny heard the wolf-like howl as well.  “Uh.  Yeah, lets hide.†She said as she opened the door and gently pushed Manta in.  Destiny walked in after her and closed it gently to make sure that it made no sound.  Destiny held onto the door handle as she slowly let go of the knob to make sure it didn’t make a ‘click’ sound.  “Okay.. Let’s just wait until it passes.†She whispered to Manta. 

"Wheres it going to go?" Manta asked. "Theres just one hallway. So its either patrolling or heading towards one of the rooms, possibly this one" She glanced around the room they had entered. It was completely empty except for a strange stone in the center of the room. It had stylized engravings on it, and light seemed to shine down from the roof on it. She went over to read it, reading aloud so Destiny could hear. Right beside the stone was a disassembled skeleton. "Ye are doomed. The guardian of this dungeon is too powerful. Ye have but one hope. To get to the end of the hallway where hopefully there is an exit. You have one advantage. The guardian is to large to enter the rooms. Be wary though, as there are many traps." She glanced up at Destiny. It appeared they were in trouble.

Destiny had her ear pressed against the door with her hand over her mouth and nose in an attempt to make her breathing unheard of.  Destiny listened to Manta and as she listened to the movement outside their door.  After Manta finished reading the stone Destiny thought for a couple seconds.  “Alright.. Go from room to room…But what if there was something in those rooms?†she thought.  “Hey Manta,†she whispered.  “ Didn’t you say that there might be creatures in these rooms?  The only way out is if we go from room to room.  The guardian is pacing back and forth.  We have about… A few moments to make it from one room to the next without being detected.  We can go about…. Every 2 rooms until we have to hide again.†She finished her statement and then went back to listening at the door. 

"Its a pretty long hallway. Hell go away eventually." Manta started to walk back to Destiny but tripped over something. A cord! It was a trap! There was a loud rumbling from the other side of the room and a tiny boar ran out. Manta ran at it and sliced it in two. "My guess is the monsters will get harder the further we go down the hall. Be sure to watch out for pressure plates and tripwires." Manta warned.

Manta: 15/15

Boar: 0/3 (not eligable for loot)

Destiny looked at Manta with a quizzical look.  “What just happened?†she said with a slight smile.  Destiny’s attention went back to the door.  “Alright tell me later; its gone for a little but not too long. “ she said.  Destiny turned the door knob slowly, and then opened the door.  “Alright, go go go!†she said at Manta.  “You pick the next door, just make it quick and soon.  I am not sure how long we have but we don’t have too long.†She said. 

Manta ran out of the room, determined to get as far down the hallway as she could. As soon as she took a step into the hallway there was another howl and one could hear the pounding of footsteps. She took off and just made it to the next door down. "Come on!" She called out before entering carefully.

Destiny was still in the hallway, she was slowly letting go of the door knob in pursuit of trying to make sure that it didn’t make a loud clicking noise.  Destiny’s heart was racing.  It would be bad if the guardian knew that they were in the corridors, but it would be even worse if it found her in the hall.  Destiny finally finished closing the door and made her dash over to where Manta was.  “Thank god I can run fast.†She thought to herself.  Destiny bumped into Manta and steadily closed the door.  Her hand was still on the knob as the door closed and the guardian passed.  Destiny brought her index finger to her lips to illustrate ‘quiet’ to Manta. 

Manta glanced around at the new room. There were holes in the ground ceiling and floors. "Destiny..." Manta whispered. "I think we should get out of here..." Obviously this was some sort of crazy trap. The holes probably had spikes or poison darts or something. And who knew what might trip them.

"Not very fast... I still need a few skill points till I can get sprint and acrobatics..." Manta stood as still as she could, not wanting to accidentally activate the trap. "It cant do that much damage. Ill hold it off while you run and then Ill run like crazy... My jacket gives me a buff in evading so I'm better set for doing that."

“Heh, don’t worry about it.  Not only in the real world am I a fast runner but with my sprint and acrobatics….Well…You’ll see.  I’ll run, and distract it as far as I can go then you make her way and try not to get seen okay?† she said with a smile and wink.  Destiny heard the guardian a small bit away.  “That’s enough space.† She thought.  Destiny swung open the door and jumped out and closed it.  The guardian turned to see Destiny in the hallway.  “Snap..†she said under her breath.  Destiny started running as fast and as hard as her legs could take her down the long hallway.  “Must keep going…†she thought to herself.  Destiny made it 8 doors down before she bolted into a room and slammed the door.  The guardian proceeded to pound against it.  “I hope you can make it Manta…†she thought to herself as she held the door closed.

(I’m leaving it up to you to choose its HP; not sure…)

(Trust me... You don't want to get caught by this thing..)

Manta waited until Destiny left before opening the door herself and running out while it was distracted. She got six doors down before it noticed her and then she called out to it, taunting it to give Destiny a chance to make it further down the hallway. She ran inside the door.