(PP-F2) The Queens Lived Long Enough (Quest) (Sousuke)

Sousuke allowed himself to be brought into a hug and began to relax as she whispered calming words to him. He wished they could have stayed like that for eternity but all good things have to end eventually and two broke apart. He looked her in the eye and decided to confess why he found it unbearable to see those he cared about hurt in anyway, sure most people would be affected and scared but for him it was amplified. ''Manta im ... im sorry just seeing you hurt it tears me apart inside ... it scares me I erm ... I watched my twin brother die in front of me and I was powerless to help him in anyway and back in the real I could have saved so many people but when I left the hostages to safe my friend and the bomb went off on that plane ... im scared of losing you like I lost them ...'' he said her as he let a tear slip from his eye but a small smile crept on his lips he felt her hand against his. He wasn't going to lose her like he had lost his brother and his school friends.

Manta was surprised to hear his story. She had expected him to have seen some things that werent happy, possibly even tragic. That was the ife of a soldier. But this was pretty horrifying. Deserving of a long hug. She leaned closer to him again and wrapped her arms around him. "Im not going anywhere. Ill always be there for you." She whispered, holding him gently.

Sousuke returned the hug grateful for her words and he felt at ease when she spoke those words and he stood up holding his hand out to her as he did to help her up. ''Im glad you said that and ill do my best to keep you safe.'' he said with a smile. ''Now lets go turn this dang quest in shall we?'' he said with a chuckle. It had been a long day and it was about time they got this quest over and done with.

Manta pulled herself up using his hand. "Yeah. I have to say though, this is one of the easiest quests Ive ever been on though." She followed him out of the field and thought for a moment before smiling broadly. "You know.... Once we turn this quest in, you could come hang out at my place." She waggled her eyebrows goofily. "If ya know what I mean." She grabbed hold of his hand and continued along with him. She didnt think shed ever been happier than at that moment. She was content.

Sousuke laughed at her proposal and nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a plan." He said with a wink. As the two entered the main city they were greeted by an NPC who claimed to be a messenger of some sorts. He asked if the job was done and Sousuke nodded in response still holding Mantas hand. He selected the option to hand over the quest items and the reward screen popped up in front of them both. It amused him that it was a shared interface between the two of them almost as if they were married. In Sousukes mind that didn't seem like a bad idea.

Manta could almost see what was going through Sousukes head, and it was going through hers as well. She would love to be married to Sousuke, even if it ws just in a game. She claimed her quest reward and waited for him to claim his. She glanced around at the crowded street, wondering if Destiny was near by. She turned her attention back to Sousuke to see if he had finished.

Sousuke accepted the rewards offered up by the quest and the interface disappeared. It was strange how the game had given them the shared interface on accessed by players that were married. He looked at her and shrugged. ''Wonder why it gave us that shared interface?'' Sousuke asked her casually. He looked at her curiously wondering what her reaction would be.

"It must have been a glitch." She paused. "Or maybe the game is trying to tell you something." Manta decided that it was probably just the way shared quests worked. She unequipped her gauntlets and chestplate, leaving the jacket from sousuke on and her boots. As usual she left her sword at her side.

Sousuke shrugged and tried to keep his face as indifferent as possible, trying to hide his blush. He unequipped his coat leaving him in hist Shirt and Jeans so he looked casual and gasped in horror as a small box dropped on the floor between them. It was a small velvet ring box that was red in colour and had been hidden in the pocket of his coat. He had made the mistake of not putting it back in his inventory and didnt want Manta to find out what he was planning. He dived to floor to retrieve the box hoping she didnt notice what it was. He had been planning on Proposing to her at some point but wasnt sure when to do it. 

Mantas attention had been called away by a salesman selling some sort of hot spiced bread. She was looking over the prices when she heard him gasp and she whirled around to see what was wrong. She saw him fumbling for something on the ground but she couldnt tell what it was. It was probably some special family heirloom... Or had he already gone on that quest? She decided that he hadnt yet. She knew that she and Destiny had better hurry though. She turned back to the vender and bought two peices of the bread. "You should try this, its pretty good." She handed him the second peice of the bread.

Sousuke just so happened to be holding the ring box as she turned around and was about to get up but he froze as she stood there looking at him. He was on one knee and and had had the box in his hand. He looked from her to the box and back again completely dumbstruck. After a small awkward silence he decided now was as good a time as any. Afterall they had just shared an interface so that had to be a sign ... right? ''Erm ... yea this erm ... its ... exactly how it looks ... Manta may i have the honour of having your hand in marriage?'' he said blushing furiously as he said it opening the box revealing the ring inside which was beautiful silver gold ring with a flawless diamond on the top.

Manta was shocked speechless. She wasnt prepared for him to ask her right then. She stood there for a few seconds with her mouth open in surprise. She really didnt know what to do. She knew what she wanted to say, but she didnt know how to say it... Did you just say yes. It didnt seem like enough. She statred to blush as people started to stare. "Y-yes!" She answered quietly, almost under her breath. She wanted to hug him, but she had a roll in each hand. A couple of people were clapping which was drawing a lot of attention. She blushed harder and put the rolls in her inventory using her nose, by swiping her nose in the air and attempting to tap buttons with it. Once done she threw her arms around his neck in a joyful hug.

Sousuke watched doing his absolute best to keep a straight face as Manta used he nose to navigate her menus to return the bread back to her inventory. She whispered a yes and pulled him into a hug that said everything he needed to know. He returned the hug as a chorus of applause broke out and he smiled like a mad man. As they parted Sousuke took Manta's left hand and slipped the ring on her ring finger. It was a perfect fit, he kissed her hand and whispered i love you in her ear as he gave her a light kiss on the lips as the sun began to set casting an orange glow across the courtyard. 

Manta smiled and kissed him back. She didnt really know what to do next, but she decided just to go with the flow as usual. She kissed him back happily, and blushed red as people started clapping. She didnt like large groups of people. The ring was beautiful and fit perfectly. She continued to kiss me as the sun continued to set behind them. She finally stopped kissing him and leaned into him, watching the sunset cast beautiful colors across the sky.

Sousuke smiled down at her as she leaned into him and he put an arm around her. He looked at the crowd a little embarrassed that he had made such a scene but he knew he had made the right decision in the end. ''Lets go home honey.'' he said grinnin as he began to lead the way to Manta's small cottage like house.