[PP-F2] Run In With Someone Old (Daeron)

Clarence was taking a walk through Floor 2, looking for something to do for the rest of the day, evening coming soon. Clarence tucked an imaginary strand of hair behind his ear, something he has started to do ever since Sakuri left, he has no idea why he just does. Clarence sighed and sat down on a bench of by himself, the bench under a old willow tree, sunset in the back round, perfect place to just relax.Hmm, maybe I'll just take a nap, wouldn't be that bad. Clarence thought as he watched the sun slowly go down."God if I don't have something to do soon, I'm going to fall asleep." Clarence said allowed as he scrolled through the list of friends he had. Zelrius, Richard, Keith, Raeyliff,.. Daeorn, Swift. Clarence sighed and closed his friend's list. I'm just going to die of boredom Clarence thought boredly as he idly watched the sunset

Lounging around lazily, Daeron had decided to be mean and kill all monsters so that nobody could train for a while. Knowing he can't gain any experience from such weak monsters, he quit once he got bored. Leaving the meadow to be left alone, Daeron found some hills in which he could nap without being perturbed.

Beginning to fall into a light slumber, he heard chirping of birds and the noises of other animal nearby that were all non-hostile. He ignored them however, allowing sleep to take over for several hours.

Out in the hills Clarence saw someone laying  down in the grass. Probably taking a nap, something I was about to do. Clarence thought as he started to approach the person. Its getting to dark to see, hope it isn't a higher level who has a taste for murder, would not be a fun day if this person did. Clarence thought grimly as he walked up to the person, well a distance away from the player. "Umm Hello? Who is there?" He hoped not to sound to creepy as he asked who was out there.

Hearing a voice off in the distance, Daeron's rest was interupted. "Son of a bi-" he stopped as he saw a familiar face around. Clarence. A player whom he had once been friends with up until the day that he witnessed him killing a player before his very eyes. Ever since that day, they hadn't said a word to each other, or even worse, haven't seen each other's faces. Thinking that Clarence happened to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, Daeron ignored him, continuing to slumber on the grass that was beneath him, acting like a soft matress that could stain clothing...

Even though Daeron couldn't sleep anymore as he kept hearing the player call out, Daeron acted like he was still asleep and simply, daydreamed with his eyes closed so that he could at least enjoy his time while resting his body before he had to do some sort of major training.

"Umm, well who ever that is.... hi I guess." Clarence trailed off from what he was saying and he turned around to go walk back tot he bench. Wait... Daeron?! Clarence's  face turned from surprise, to fear, to anger, right in a few seconds. "Oh, so its you. I know you are awake, you wouldn't be sleeping through someone walking up on you." Clarence's voice turned into anger as he turned and faced Daeron on the ground. "And its funny too, you know its me but you wont even say sorry, wont apologize for what you did. Yes, I know I have sins of my own to count. But what you did, he was innocent and you just stabbed him like it was nothing." Clarence's voice grew in anger as he started to walk toward Daeron. He knew it was a safe zone, and that he would lose in any battle towards Daeron, but that wasn't stopping him. "Also, would you have killed me if I was in that position? Or was it just because you didn't know him?" Clarence was pissed, but a quite calm angry, that barely anyone has seen

• 1 month later...

Daeron sighed and listened to him. Yawning at his lecture, he stretched. "Listen. If you want to talk, sure. If you want to be a pain, leave. I don't deal with pests." he said as he sat up. The more he heard Clarence talk, the more bothered he became. It was a time where he eliminated a pest and he didn't like pests. As for killing Clarence... he might have however, he couldn't think of a reason right away as to why he would anymore.

He hadn't heard of many people he once knew and if this is how everyone would be, he would have no intentions of seeing them again. Rubbing his eyes, he saw Clarence's angry face now, but nonetheless, he still didn't care the slightest.

Clarence could see that his yelling got no where with Daeron, and his yelling quite bothered him in fact. But Clarence would not lose his cool. Clarence sighed and sat down on the grass, not leaving so hopefully they could at least talk, something they haven't done for well, months actually. Clarence had so much anger and hatred, but also want to be friends with Daeron again, hating holding grudges and just, wanted a good friend back. "I just have one question for you. Why? Why did you kill that person in the field and just think nothing of it? I was hopping you would at least feel a little remorse, but i don't think you do..." Clarence trailed off, hoping he didn't bother Daeorn, needing at least an answer from him.

"Clarence... there's some things about my thoughts not even I can explain. And unfortunately for you that's one of them." he said, slapping his back in a non-hostile manner. "As for me not feeling anything... You have no clue how taking a life takes such a toll on one's mentality. I could never face anyone again like I once did." he said as he looked down at the ground.

"That's all I can say to that." he added calmly, with his eyes looking at the soil beneath him.

(Short post, I know, sorry)

Clarence was definitely shocked. He was not expecting Daeorn to actually feel bad about what he did. Clarence was expecting a sarcastic remark like. "Well he had it coming," or something like that. But this was a new Daeron, someone who actually could be trusted, he hoped anyways. Clarence smiled lightly at Daeron, but he barely knew what to say to him. "Well, I'm the forging type, so I do forgive you, or I just would really like to start over with you, it sucks hating someone when you really don't want to hate that person. I'm still not over what you did and I'm still not to happy with what happened, But I would at least like to try to make things right. I'm still not happy with you though." 

Daero smiled, a rare feature he showed. Most people nowadays only see him smile, where he truly enjoyed himself. He had nobody to care for. In fact, he didn't want to care. As he thought more and more, he remembered times of the past, and these images are making want to make ammends with anyone he's hurt.

"So life in here has been kind to you I presume?" he asked, as he rid the smile like anything that bothered him. His hair covered most of his forehead as well as part of his features like eyes and ears. Flicking his collar, he lay back, completely relaxed as he was before Clarence found him.

"Life? Well.... it has its ups and downs.." Clarence's voice trails off, he really doesn't like being emotional in front of people, but it usually happens anyways. "Not much good has happened since the last time we talked, you certainly look a lot different then the last time I saw you, you seem like a whole new person now..." Clarence smiled lightly, something that was usual for him to do. Clarence looked over at Daeron with a light smile then looked back up into the virtual sky, shaking his head lightly before continuing. "So how has it been for you? Have you at least made good friends or met some girl?"

Daeron gave a look at Clarence that asked, "Are you kidding me?" however, once he realized he was serious he simply shrugged his shoulders.  "Sorta. I met two very intriguing girls actually. Not sure who to work my 'magic' on though." he said half normal and half chuckling. "As for friends. They come and go. Just like enemies. Which to this day, I have enough of to go around Aincrad." he said shifting his bangs out of his face.

"Two girls? Tell me about these people." I smile and look at Daeron, happy to have some sort of normality to our friendship. "It feels weird but normal that we are talking together so normally when a couple of days ago and in different circumstances I would be wanting to kill you and stab you in the back, even though you would beat me no matter what." I smile lightly and look at Daeorn. "So, umm, what you want to talk about? Not a very interesting person." I frown lightly and sigh.

Daeron looked Clarence with a cautious glare after he had said how he wanted to kill Daeron. "Get in line. Most people do." he said and then thought for a second. "The two girls are Lessa and Mari... two completely different people that literally hate each other." he said as he tried to find an alternate subject. Daeron yawned as this conversation had turned boring faster than it took off. They need something to talk about... anything.

"Sorry, been trying to speak my mind lately, I'm not really liking being ignored any longer, taking a new turn sort of say." Clarence smiles at Daeron, listening to him talk about how he is going for two different girls, both of them completely different, then he hears the name Mari. "Mari? Oh I know her, we really didn't have that good of an introduction, but yeah, she seems all right, a little emotional might I add, but I don't think you should go for her, she isn't really in the best place at the moment. And Lessa? I don't really know of a girl named Lessa, she seems alright from how you sounded when you said her name. Also, if you really like these girls, chose. No girl likes to be waited on and thought of as a side choice, someone they can go to if one of them doesn't work out." Clarence smiled lightly as he gave Daeron a little advice, Clarence not the best at it and usually failing at love.

Daeron gave a faded smile and then he faced Clarence. "Thanks man, but right now neither of them seem to be too interested in me, and for the most part I'm not all that worried. However, I do appreciate the help you're giving me. And don't worry. You'll find the one for you one day too. I just know it." he said giving him a pat on the shoulder.

Daeron then sighed, knowing that the question is needed and since he knows Clarence is part of the Azure Brigade. "What do you say about me returning to the guild, buddy?" he asked, with slight hesitation in his voice. Though he didn't stutter throughout the speaking, in his head, he was very reluctant on asking this. It might be that they don't even want him near the guild, but he knew that if he didn't ask, then he would never know what they thought about having him return to the guild.

• 5 weeks later...

"That's a shame. But, I'm pretty sure you can find that perfect girl some day." Clarence gave a reassuring smile to Daeron as they sat in the field. Man it feels weird but good to talk to Daeron normally again... "I hope I find the right guy for me too." Clarence gave another small smile, not sure if Daeorn knew he was gay or not.

"Returning to the guild? Are you sure the others will want that? I mean you did try to start a guild with Vile. You killed three innocents. Made a threat to the Azure Brigade,... Shall I continue?" Clarence gave a little pause, making sure Daeron knew how bad he went and what he will have to come back from. "More power to yah if you do try to re join. I'm just not sure how they will re act to you trying to re join the guild. I mean I even have video evidence of you killing someone right. In. Front. Of. Me" Clarence really put pressure the last bit. Clarence still was trying to get over that.

• 2 weeks later...

Daeron grunted, hearing that the guild may not even want him back. His mood having been sort of "killed", he wanted to get this meet and greet over with as he didn't want to do much talking anymore. "Listen Clarence. When you see Keith and the others... tell them I'm sorry." he said as he began to stand up and looking up at the sky. The clouds moving at their usual slow pace, made no appearance of rain. Then again, the only time it rained was if the floor was already full of leakage of the skies when you got their. Most floors seem to stick to their climate.

Daeron had thoughts running through the back of his head, about how he still liked some people, but then again, times pass, people change, and with that, it results in a change of heart and feelings as well. He didn't know what he wanted anymore.

Clarence noticed Daeron standing up while talking and he followed suit, looking at his friend. "Listen Daeron, you may want to tell them that yourself. It would be, well, smarter and seem more sincere." Clarence smiled and turned fully toward him. "I must say. I'm still a little iffy in letting you back in, but you seem like you want to change, and maybe we can work with that." Clarence smiles and runs his hand through his hair. "Also, Miaki is back from being in the dark for a while, catch up and apologize to him too, he would want to hear it." 

"Also... sorry for just randomly interrupting your day, saw you and i needed to talk to you." Clarence blushed lightly and smiled.

Daeron waved the apology away as if it wasn't that big of a deal. "I did talk about it to the guild. I've been waiting three weeks on your guys' reply, still nothing. If you don't want me in, then just say so. I'm not going to be all about begging you all if you guys are trying to get that out of me. I'll give it a few more days, after that, I won't need to meet up with the rest of you because then I won't care for any of you guys anymore. Waiting has never been my thing, and if you think it has become a thing of mine now... then you're sadly mistaken. I'm sorry, but I must be off." Daeron said as he gave him a two finger salute from his forehead and waved it away. Nodding, he walked off into the wilderness where he was not too much earlier, waiting for the day to pass.