[PP-F1] The Looking Glass Disappears (Ranpu)

After Pepper had kicked Oske away for a while in attempts to "surprise" her about something, she decided to have a stroll around Starting City. Hopefully she could also do some miniboss fighting. She wanted minimal chance of death, now that Pepper was around. After fighting a few boars that dropped no loot, she began to walk around through alley ways for no reason.

She had unequipped her sword, as she had no reason to carry it in a safe zone. As she strolled, she passed by a few fruit stands. Apples with a strange yellow-orange color were sitting there. She approached one curiously, but stopped herself when she saw the price. As she turned to look ahead, she found herself frozen.

A familiar figure was standing near the center of Starting City. Her heart began to thud in her chest. "Is that... Niku? No way..."

Ranpu was wandering without direction through the city, unsure of where this game will lead him next. He noticed a girl."Wait...Why does she look so familiar. She actually looks about my age."

After inspecting the girl closer, Something clicked in Ranpu's head. "I must be seeing things. This nervegear is probably messing with my head." As he approached, he couldn't believe his eyes. "OLIVIA!?" 

"N-Niku!" Oske shouted. She ran to him and threw her arms around him, tears streaming down her fact. After all this horrible time of waiting, and just... wondering if he was okay or even where he was, she finally got to see him again. She suddenly pulled away from the hug as she remembered about her... "affairs." While they had been in a virtual world, she still felt bad about them. She glanced nervously at Ranpu, blushing slightly. "I d-didn't know you were here, too... My name is Oske, by the way... Yours?"

Oske laughed slightly as he lifted her up. She then got quiet again. "Well, I... Don't get mad, but... I didn't know you were here, so I... I dated a few people..." Oske's eyes got sad. "I mean, if you don't like me anymore because of that... it's okay, I shouldn't have done it. But... I'm just really happy to see that you're okay, Nik--I mean, uh, Ranpu."

Oske opened up her menu with a swipe and sent a friend request to Ranpu. She smiled at him nervously.

Oske was happy that Ranpu didn't mind. However, she also... had broken up with her fiance entirely because she wondered if Ranpu was still there, thinking about her. Now that he was there... did that mean they would...? She blushed at the thought. When Ranpu asked to find a place to catch up, she quickly said, "O-oh, sure! I know a cute little bakery a few streets away. It's not player run, so the items don't really give buffs, but... it's still yummy."

She began to lead Ranpu to the bakery.

At the bakery, Oske and Ranpu were having a good time catching up and talking about what each other missed. Once at the bakery, Ranpu got the two a table and asked Oske what he missed. "So how did you get all those levels? do you have any good stories?" Ranpu asked curiously. He looked around to see that not many players were there, if any. Those might've been NPCs.

"Oh, well," Oske began, taking a seat. "I just... train a lot. I don't really want to leave this world in all honesty, but I'd like to stay alive here as well. So, training is an important thing. I'm kind of in a guild right now, too... let's see... the most recent thing I did... Oh! I fought an Ice Dragon. He had a TON of health and did a TON of damage per hit. Thanks to my armor, though, I only took a little damage every time.â€

The NPC shop keeper approached the two. “Is there anything I can get you?†she asked.

“Oh, um… can I have a Crabbleberry Muffin and some milk?†Oske asked. She giggled slightly. “I wish they just named all the foods the same thing here as they are in the real world. It took me a long time to figure out what a cranberry muffin was in SAO.â€

Ranpu smiled, he missed her so much. She was just as cute as he remembered. Getting distracted from Oske's story, he blushed and and asked "So..now what? Its been so long." He was so excited his knee was bouncing. He took a pinch of Oskes muffin. "How have I been in this game for so long and not tried this places muffins?" He took another pinch. 

Ranpu's face turned red. "Oske...I love you."

"Hey, get your own!" Oske snapped, swatting his hand away playfully. "You always stole my popcorn like that. You know I hate it!" She smiled slightly, and then Ranpu told Oske that he loved her. She blushed and averted her eyes, unsure of what to say. She wanted to make him happy, but after... Shark, it was hard to say. She had spent so long forming a relationship with him only to leave him in thoughts of Niku, who happened to show up just a few days later.

"Thanks," she murmured. Crap! Idiot! That's such a stupid reply... stupid Oske! Her face was turning redder by the second. She began to blow bubbles in her milk nervously.

Ranpu is extremely embarrassed of immediately clinging on to Oske after all this time, and his knee bouncing intensifies. "I'm sorry... I forgot how long it has been. I guess I thought that you would feel the same way. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Ranpu immediately grabs more muffin, out of habit. "If you don't want to date, that's fine, but...can we still be friends?" Ranpu didn't know what to say next, and their is a moment of silence in the bakery.

"N-no, no!" Oske gasped. "Oh, Ranpu... I still want to date you... hell, I just broke away from a pending marriage because I was thinking about you. We can still date, just... take it slow, okay?"

As he grabbed more of her muffin, she slapped his hand again. She then remembered that no one but her it seemed felt pain in this world. Stupid insanity… she thought to herself. She then smiled nervously at Ranpu. “Why don’t we go get you leveled up? You seem pretty… low leveled. I’ll get you up there soon!â€

Oske pushed Ranpu's shoulder playfully. "Of course I can keep up, dummy. For once, I'm the strong one." She stuck out her tongue a little. â€œOkay, come on!â€

She took Ranpu’s hand and led him through Starting City, until they finally reached the edge of the grass. She stopped there, then stepped outside of the safe zone. A boar appeared. She backed away and said, “I can’t help you, because if I do, you won’t get loot.â€

Boar: 3/3

Ranpu: 5/5

Ranpu, being extremely inexperienced, wildly thrusts with his spear, missing and tripping forward. The boar takes this opportunity to charge at his backside. It rammed into Ranpu's butt and knocked him off balance, turning to the side a little bit. Ranpu started to feel embarrassed.

Roll ID: 5450 

Combat: 3

Mob: 7 (1basedmg)

Boar: 3/3

Ranpu: 4/5

Oske swallowed and watched nervously. If his health fell to 3 HP or lower, she'd jump in. So, Oske leaned back against a small tree and lowered her bottom to the ground to a more comfortable sitting position. After that, she crossed her arms and opened up her menu to just take a look at the items she had. She kind of wanted a little snack, but her inventory was full of smith materials. She grunted and puffed up her cheeks a little, watching Ranpu fight the boar.

Ranpu quickly recovers from the fall, with a rage of a thousand suns in his eyes. Ranpu winds back, preparing to unleash his pent up fury. He charges at the boar, screaming a warcry. The boar attempts to dodge, but did not move in time. The spear lands a solid thrust into the boar's thigh. Ranpu tears the spear out of his foe, preparing to strike again. The boar, now limping, also gets it's footing, preparing a retaliation.

Roll ID: 5533

Combat: 8 (1basedmg+1skill=2)

Mob: 1

Boar: 1/3

• 2 weeks later...

Oske raised her eyebrows. In his sudden fury, she saw a fire that she hadn't seen before. The Ranpu she knew was soft and easy going. He barely had any energy to get out of bed in the morning. But... this new version of him was different--stronger. Ranpu had become an evolved version of himself, and it warmed her heart to see it. She smiled and pumped her fist in the air. "Woohoo! Go, Ranpu! You're almost done!"

Noticing Oske's encouragement, Ranpu charges forward. The boar, now crippled, is unable to dodge and is pierced clean through the neckby ranpu's spear. Ranpu picks up his spear and walks up to Oske, smiling triumphantly. Ranpu says "YeeHaw."

Roll ID: 6471

Combat: 8 (1basedmg+1skill=2)

Mob: 5

Boar: 0/3

Reward: Boar jerky(1)