[SP-F1] Training with the Mobs (Complete)

Shinex is seen walking around the grasslands near Starting City. He unsheathes his iron scimitar and looks around for enemies. "Looks like a lot of boars today." He walks towards a boar eating at some tall grass. Unfortunately it hasn't seen Shinex. "I'm gonna try make it fair for this guy" Shinex whispered. "Hey!" The boar turned around and glared at Shinex. The boar got in a stance where he would charge. Shinex got in his own stance and knew a battle would soon start.

BD Chart

[1] = Critical failure

[2-5] = Fail
[6-8] = Success
[9] = Critical Success (+1 damage)
[10] = Critical Success (+2 damage)

LD Chart

[1-10] = No loot

[11-18] = Good item or Mob health X 5 col

[19-21] = Uncommon item or Mob health X 5 col + 1 material

[22+] = Rare item or Mob health X 10 col + 1 material

[25+] = Specialty item

Shinex's HP: 5

Boar's HP: 2

ID: 5601 BD: 9

Boar's HP: 0 (-2)

Shinex charged at the boar and the boar charged back. Shinex took his sword to his right side and swung it. Shinex's strike was seen to cut diagonally at the boar's face and it apparently was critical.

ID: 5602 LD: 18

A screen popped up in front of Shinex to show he received 10 col. "I'm definitely not gonna make money out of this. Good thing this is considered practice" Shinex said to himself. He looked around for another boar.

Once another boar was found, it was quick for it to notice Shinex.

[Enemy] Boar's HP: 2

ID: 5603 BD: 8

Shinex's HP: 4 (-1)

The boar reacted very quickly and charged at Shinex. The boar tackled Shinex in the stomach and caused Shinex to fall down. Shinex quickly got up and got ready to attack.

ID: 5604 BD: 6

[Enemy] Boar's HP: 1 (-1)

Shinex ran towards the boar, jumped to the left and slashed at the boar's side. Shinex then jumped back and got ready for another incoming attack.

ID: 5605 BD: 10

Shinex's HP: 1 (-3)

The boar charged Shinex once again. Shinex thought that his defense was on point, but was then tricked by the boar's movement. The boar pierced Shinex's left thigh with one of its tusks. "Damn it!" Shinex yelled. He pushed the boar back and charge for an attack.

ID: 5606 BD: 9

[Enemy] Boar's HP: -1 (-2)

As Shinex charged, he sliced with an uppercut then diagonally. The boar was then killed and a screen popped up in front of Shinex.

ID: 5607 LD: 20

He looked at the screen to see he got the same amount of Col. He noticed a material was also given to him. After accepting the loot, Shinex headed back to Starting City. "I can't believe I almost died. I got carried away on this one. I'm just gonna rest up for a bit and go on a quest next time." He then reached Starting City. There Shinex stayed until he felt that he was ready to leave.

Shinex is now wandering Starting City and just looking around. He still felt overwhelmed by the last boar even though his health raised up a bit. "It's getting late here" he said to himself. "Might as well find an inn and stay there for the night." Shinex found the inn he was looking for and slept for the night. "Boar's are the easiest mobs so maybe I'll go look for a wolf tomorrow. I just hope I don't die. If what Kayaba said is true, then I'll be leaving a lot of things behind." Shinex slept peacefully in the virtual world. He had to get himself ready.

Wandering the grassland for a harder foe made Shinex frustrated. Boars are too common in the area he's at. "I'll just go to a different place. Since I fought here last time it wouldn't hurt to try something new." He walked to a different location in the grassland where he found a pack of wolves. He waited till one of them wandered off and that's when Shinex drew his sword. The wolf turned around to notice Shinex. It growled and lunged at him.

[Enemy] Wolf's HP: 3

ID: 5620 BD: 3

Shinex saw the lunge and took a slide to his right. The wolf's body was wide open so Shinex swung at the wolf.

ID: 5621 BD: 10

[Enemy] Wolf's HP: 0 (-3)

The wolf fell on the ground dead. It shattered and a screen popped up in front of Shinex.

ID: 5622 LD: 13

Shinex looked at the screen to see he received 15 Col. He accepted it and started looking for another wolf. "The fact that I didn't take damage at all surprised me. This'll just be the last one for today." 

Shinex was walking around until he heard a growl behind him and looked back. Another wolf was glaring at him. Shinex with his sword already unsheathed ran towards the wolf with his scimitar ready.

[Enemy] Wolf's HP: 3

The wolf ran towards him getting ready to bite, but Shinex slid to his left and swung at the wolf's side.

ID: 5624 BD: 9

[Enemy] Wolf's HP: 1 (-2)

The wolf quickly recovered and lunged at Shinex getting ready to bite into his arm.

ID: 5625 BD: 9

Shinex's Health: 3 (-2)

Shinex surprised by the lunge took the wolf's ferocious attack. The wolf's speed caused his teeth to sink deeper into Shinex's skin. Shinex kicked the wolf off and swung at it.

ID: 5626 BD: 9

A huge slash mark was seen diagonally on the wolf's face. The wolf shattered.

ID: 5627 LD: 8

Shinex couldn't help but notice that a screen didn't pop up this time. "Crap, I didn't get loot. Wished I did due to this wolf giving me a critical attack." Shinex deciding he was done hunting for a while walked back to Starting City. "Now that I know more about fighting, I'm gonna search for a quest to start."

Shinex started listening to other players and NPCs about available quests. He learned that most of them came with items even thought he really needed some Col. He heard a lot of people started businesses that gave a lot of Col and materials. He wasn't too interested in being stationary for a long time though. "I wonder if I could become a mercenary in the future. Maybe I could become a higher level and lower leveled players would like to hire me." He thought about it and decided that if he was gonna be a merc, then he'd need to get more experiences and levels. "Alright, so I'll just need to start a quest. I guess I could try look for somebody to help me. Can't make the person think we are friends though. No, I don't want that. It's just business that's it." Shinex walked towards the inn he slept in last night and decided to take a nap. He had some future plans.

As soon as he woke up he checked his inventory. He forgot that he ate some food and drank some water so he needed to check how much he consumed. It looks like he ate 3 rolls of bread and 2 bottles of water. "That's good to know." He walked out and decided to look around the city. He'd go to public places and watch other players. He'd also go around and look at shops so he'd decide what new gear he would be able to buy. Shinex knew that he needed a new blade. He already planned to head to the forest for a quest. He just hopes that he'd be able to survive it.