[SP-F1] Quest: Secret Medicine of the Forest (Complete)

Shinex headed northwest of Starting City into the forest area. He pulled out his scimitar and walked around the forest being aware of the possible hostile mobs. "Now what were the creatures I was suppose to fight?" Shinex stopped to think about it. "Oh right! A Little Nepent." Shinex heard that the Little Nepents are plants that don't rely on their vision since they don't really have eyes. Because of this, Shinex can't hide and ambush them unless he stays very quiet. "If I encounter people here, hopefully we'll be able to cooperate." Shinex started walking around looking for the Little Nepents.

BD Chart

[1] = Critical failure

[2-5] = Fail
[6-8] = Success
[9] = Critical Success (+1 damage)
[10] = Critical Success (+2 damage)

LD Chart

[1-10] = No loot

[11-18] = Good item or Mob health X 5 col

[19-21] = Uncommon item or Mob health X 5 col + 1 material

[22+] = Rare item or Mob health X 10 col + 1 material

[25+] = Specialty item

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinex was walking around until he saw what he thinks is a group of Little Nepents. He couldn't help but notice that some of them had a fruit while the others don't. "I'm gonna take a wild guess that the ones with fruits are more dangerous. I bet they're all dangerous due to how ugly they look." Shinex walked away from the group and looked for a Little Nepent that is alone. After walking for minutes, he eventually found one. Shinex's dashed towards towards the monster.

Shinex's Health: 7

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: 4

ID: 5733 BD: 3

The Little Nepent moved to it's left side causing Shinex to run past it.

ID: 5734 BD: 1

The Little Nepent ran towards Shinex for an attack. Shinex moved back and stuck his foot out which caused the Little Nepent to trip and fall down.

ID: 5736 BD: 10

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: 1 (-3)

Shinex took this opportunity to swing his sword diagonally at the monster as it was on the ground. A huge slash mark was seen on the Little Nepent. The monster got up with a cry.

ID: 5737 BD: 4

The Little Nepent turned around and swung it's vine like arms at Shinex. Shinex dodged it and got ready for his last attack.

ID: 5738 BD: 9

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: -1 (-2)

Shinex sliced at the vine which separated it from the monster. He then swung at the monster's face causing a horizontal slash mark. The monster shattered.

ID: 5739 LD: 8

Shinex got frustrated due to a screen not popping up. "Great. I didn't get any loot and I barely know any tricks the Little Nepents use. This one was very reckless though." Shinex wandered around looking for another victim.

After a bit of searching, Shinex found another Little Nepent that was alone. He walked towards it and faced it. The Little Nepent hasn't heard Shinex yet. Shinex whistled which alarmed the Little Nepent. The Little Nepent charged at Shinex.

Shinex's Health: 7

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: 4

ID: 5746 BD: 2

Shinex charged at the Little Nepent with his blade ready. The monster slid to his left which caused Shinex to pass it.

ID: 5747 BD: 5

The Little Nepent turned around and tried to bite Shinex. Shinex used his scimitar to block the bite. The sword ended up in the Little Nepent's mouth.

ID: 5748 BD: 9

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: 2 (-2)

Shinex struggled to pull the scimitar out, so instead he kicked the Little Nepent back. The Little Nepent who was surprised by this became vulnerable. Shinex used his scimitar to slash downwards on the monster's face.

ID: 5755 BD: 2

The Little Nepent retaliated by swinging one of its vines. Shinex used his scimitar to parry the vine.

ID: 5756 BD: 4

After smacking the one vine away, Shinex used his scimitar to go for another slash. The Little Nepent defended itself by using its other vine to block the incoming attack.

ID: 5759 BD: 1

The Little Nepent charged at Shinex. Shinex rolled away to avoid the attack. The Little Nepent didn't hear Shinex's movement which caused the monster to hit a tree.

ID: 5760 BD: 6

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health 1 (-1)

As the Little Nepent stood still trying to listen for its victim, Shinex quietly walked to the monster with its back facing him. Shinex quickly sliced at the monster's right vine which caused it to fall off. 

ID: 5760 BD: 7

Shinex's Health: 6 (-1)

The Little Nepent cried out and swung at Shinex with the other vine. Shinex didn't see the vine hit him. Shinex was knocked down onto the ground.

ID: 5763 BD: 1

While Shinex was on the ground, he got himself closer to the Little Nepent's bottom roots and tried to swing at it. The Little Nepent heard him and jumped back.

ID: 5764 BD: 4

Shinex was still on the ground vulnerable. The Little Nepent used its only vine to attack him. Shinex rolled away and quickly got up.

ID: 5765 BD: 2

Shinex tried to slice horizontally at the Little Nepent. His blade was unfortunately caught by the Little Nepent's mouth.

ID: 5766 BD: 10

Shinex's Health: 3 (-3)

As Shinex struggled to get the scimitar out, the Little Nepent swung its vine at Shinex. Shinex fell onto the ground with his sword next to him.

ID: 5770 BD: 6

[Enemy] Little Nepent's Health: 0 (-1)

Shinex rapidly got up and rolled closer to the Little Nepent. He got within arm's length and is currently crouched down. He took his scimitar and swung it horizontally which cut the Little Nepent.

ID: 5771 LD: 2

Shinex got up and was once again frustrated that he could not get any loot from the monster. He walked out of the forest and into Starting City to get some rest. He decided to hang around the public places until he got his health back up.

After a couple of hours of resting, Shinex decided to head back into the forest. Like before, he pulled out his scimitar before entering. Shinex was for some reason more cautious this time. "Last battle was pretty stressful. I can't decide on how difficult this next Little Nepent will be. It's unpredictable either way. It could be as easy as my first battle with one or harder than my last battle." The last battle Shinex had kind of freaked him out. It was mainly due to the Little Nepent grabbing Shinex's sword with its mouth. Pulling the weapon out isn't gonna work so he's gonna have to do something like kicking or punching the monster so it could let go.

He's been walking around for possible 15 minutes. He has encountered some Little Nepents. Not only was he encountering groups, but he was also encountering ones that were alone. Why he isn't attacking any is because he wants to watch them. He overheard people talking about the quest. The Little Nepents he was looking for are rare. The ones with the fruit can be dangerous. The ones with the fruit can attract other Little Nepents if the fruit is attacked. Shinex is currently looking for Little Nepents with a flower on their heads. The two he attacked didn't have anything on their heads. Shinex has been looking around for a Little Nepent with a flower but hasn't found any yet. "Well, it's correct that they are rare. Didn't think they'd be this rare. I don't want to get into another fight." Shinex sighed deeply. "I just freaking hate how ugly those things are." Shinex continued what he was doing until he heard a lot of movement nearby.

Shinex quickly hid behind a tree and listened in on the movements. He continued to hear the footsteps getting closer. He then heard them stop. Shinex quickly took a peek to see a couple of Little Nepents standing very still. "Are they looking for me?" He whispered.

ID: 5780 LD: 1

Shinex stood very still like the Little Nepents and watched them. The Little Nepents walked away the opposite direction of Shinex. "Damn it. I gotta head back." Shinex quickly sheathed his weapon and ran towards the exit of the forest. I'm gonna head back to Starting City and get some information Shinex thought. I'm gonna need more information. I'm not getting anywhere by looking.

As soon as Shinex got out of the forest, he stopped running. He walked the rest of the way to Starting City. As he walked towards Starting City, he would stop to look at sceneries and have thoughts about things. "I should calm down for a bit. I'm freaking out about a lot of stuff." Shinex looked up at the sky to see the sun setting. "Holy crap!" Shinex yelled as his he puts his hands on his head. "It's getting dark and I'm not in a safe zone! I need to quickly head back." Shinex started running again. He was already halfway to the city. The sun was completely set once he reached the front gates of Starting City. He walked towards the closest inn and slept there. 

Once morning struck, Shinex started going near the popular areas and listened to other players. He had to move around a lot due to people not talking about the Secret Medicine of the Forest quest. It took a while until he heard some people talking about it. He sat down somewhere and listened closely to useful information. He got some information from the one conversation. The only information he found very important were that the monsters that had nothing on their heads could attract one that has a flower if enough are slain. Great, so it looks like I'm gonna need to fight a lot of those creepers in order to finish the quest.

Shinex traveled back into the forest and unsheathed his scimitar. He sat down against a tree and waited. He took out a roll of bread and a bottle of water. He quickly consumed both as he waited. "Wow, I can't believe I forgot about the starter pack given to me." Shinex got up and tapped his scimitar against the tree he was sitting against. He listened closely for footsteps. He eventually heard them.

He leaned against a tree until the footsteps stopped. He took a peek to see two Little Nepents without a flower or fruit on their head. They seemed smaller than the other ones he's seen. Shinex gripped onto his blade and waited until the two monsters turned their backs. The two monsters would turn around from time to time to listen for any movements. Shinex need both of them to have their backs facing Shinex. Shinex got impatient and crouched down. He grabbed a stick and got back up. He took another peek to see them standing very still. He quickly took the stick he got and threw it across him. The two Little Nepents faced the way Shinex wanted them to. 

Shinex: 7

Enemy 1: 3

Enemy 2: 3

Shinex crouched down snuck closer to them as their backs faced him. He raised his blade and was ready.

ID: 5786 BD: 1

Shinex made a quiet whistle and the Little Nepent in front of him turned around and swung a vine. Since Shinex was crouched down, the Little Nepent's vine swung over him.

ID: 5787 BD: 7

Enemy 1: 2 (-1)

Shinex gripped tightly onto his blade and swung his blade like someone uppercutting someone else. The Little Nepent let out a cry which attracted the one behind it.

ID: 5788 BD: 3

The second one charged at Shinex. He quickly evaded the attack by rolling to his left. The first one recovered from Shinex's attack and swung its vine at Shinex.

ID: 5789 BD: 4

Shinex quickly dodged it and raised his sword. The Little Nepent had no idea what was going on. That was the second time it missed and vulnerable for an attack.

ID: 5790 BD: 6

Enemy 1: 1 (-1)

Shinex made a quick diagonal slash which pushed the Little Nepent back. He looked towards the second one to see it was ready to charge.

ID: 5791 BD: 1

The Little Nepent quickly charged at Shinex. The Little Nepent was quick, but Shinex was quicker. He reacted in time by taking a step back and sticking his foot out. The Little Nepent tripped and is currently on the ground.

ID: 5792 BD: 4

Shinex looked back at the first one to see it swung one of its vines at him. Shinex used his sword to block the incoming attack. The Little Nepent's vine got pushed back and was no longer able to defend it.

ID: 5793 BD: 1

Shinex tried to slash at the Little Nepent, but the monster used it's other vine to parry the sword. Shinex was surprised by this and lost his sword. The sword flew a few feet away from him. Damn it!

ID: 5794 BD: 4

The second Little Nepent used one of its vines to smack Shinex. Shinex ducked and rolled towards his sword. He grabbed it and quickly got up.

ID: 5795 BD: 2

The Little Nepent dashed towards Shinex and tried to bite him. He slid to his left and the Little Nepent passed him.

ID: 5796 BD: 7

Shinex faced the Little Nepent that passed him and raised his sword. He made a very fast diagonal slash that made the Little Nepent shatter.

ID: 5797 LD: 11

A screen popped up to show Shinex's reward which was 15 Col. Shinex quickly accepted the reward and faced the last Little Nepent behind him. "Just you and me bud."

Enemy: 3

Shinex made the first move. He dashed towards the monster with his sword raised.

ID: 5798 BD: 10

Enemy: 0 (-3)

Shinex rolled past the Little Nepent and slashed its back. The Little Nepent let out a cry and shattered.

ID: 5799 LD: 12

A screen popped up with Shinex's reward. It was the same as the last one. There was another Little Nepent's cry behind him. He turned around to see a bigger one. Great, another battle. Shinex ran towards the Little Nepent and attempted a horizontal slash.

Enemy: 4

ID: 5800 BD: 2

The Little Nepent used a vine to parry the attack. It used a second vine to smack Shinex's side.

ID: 5801 BD: 8

Shinex: 6 (-1)

Shinex used his sword to block the attack but was overwhelmed. The vine pushed the sword against Shinex and caused him to fall down.

ID: 5802 BD: 10

Enemy: 1 (-3)

Shinex quickly got back up and ran towards the monster. He raised his scimitar and sliced through the Little Nepent.

ID: 5803 BD: 1

It took a while for the Little Nepent to recover from the attack. It gave Shinex enough to time to turn around and get ready. The Little Nepent charged Shinex. Shinex remembering something from his second battle with these creatures slid to his left. The Little Nepent hit a tree and was stunned.

ID: 5804 BD: 9

Shinex got his sword a struck the monster. This strike caused Shinex to spin around. The Little Nepent's cry was heard as it shattered.

ID: 5805 LD: 15

A rewards screen popped up to show that Shinex got 20 Col. He accepted the reward and headed out of the forest.

As soon as Shinex exited the forest, he noticed his level. He leveled up from the last battle. "Wow, this has been going well for me." He continued to walk back towards Starting City. His sword is starting to get into a worse condition. "I don't think the quest reward is a curved sword. I think I'm gonna need to sell it and buy a new weapon" Shinex said to himself. As soon as he reached Starting City, he decided not to listen in on any information. He fought three plants and wanted to sleep. As soon as he got into a room in an inn, he just yawned and jumped onto the bed. Lets hope that the flowered one will come soon. I'm still staying away with the ones with the fruit. Either way they're all creepy as hell. I just want to finish this quest up so I won't have to go there again. Shinex quickly fell asleep. He's gonna have to hunt more after his nap.

Shinex went outside as soon as he finished with his nap. Instead of going straight to the forest, he went into a public area and sat down on the bench. He yawned and had thoughts. Man, I seriously need to take more time to relax. This world is beautiful so I should take time to look at the scenery. Shinex would watch other players and the sky as he sat on the bench. I may regret this decision because someone else may have gotten a flowered Little Nepent. Oh what am I saying? I'm not even gonna use the damn blade. Shinex stayed in the public area and fell asleep again. This time he was sleeping on the bench.

Shinex woke up from the bench and faced the sky. It was night. "Crap. I'm definitely not going into the forest at a time like this." He got up and looked around the area he was in. There wasn't much players around. It was obviously because they're sleeping. "I don't feel tired at all." He sat up and took a roll of bread and a bottle of water. After finishing it, he just walked around the city and looked at some shops and houses. He did start to feel tired again so he headed into the inn. He fell asleep again only to wake up as soon as the sun would rise.

After Shinex woke up, he went to an area with trees and bushes in Starting City. He noticed that he needed some more food so he wanted to pick some fruit from the trees. He walked towards one tree and climbed it.

[1-14] Nothing found

[15+] One item found

ID: 5808 LD: 20

After a minute of searching the tree, Shinex ended up with a fruit. "Wished there was more than one. Then again people must pick fruits here all the time." He decided to check the tree once more to see if he missed anything.

ID: 5809 LD: 14

After another minute of searching, it seems that the tree is dried up. "As I thought." He jumped off the tree and walked towards a bush. He crouched down and started searching through it.

ID: 5810 LD: 8

The bush was completely picked out. Shinex moved onto a bush right next to it and searched there.

ID: 5810 LD: 11

Once again the bush was empty. Maybe the bushes don't hold anything? Shinex got up and walked back towards the trees. He climbed a tree next to the tree he previously searched.

ID: 5811 LD: 6

"Nothing here." Shinex climbed down after searching. "I'll search one last time. Maybe when I head to the forest I'll find something." He climbed a tree that was farther away.

ID: 5812 LD: 2

The tree he was searching was bigger than the other two. He only managed to search one half of it. He made his way to the other side and searched again.

ID: 5813 LD: 5

After finding nothing again, he jumped off and made his way to the forest. Normally Shinex would be frustrated after doing something and barely getting any results. This time he was calm. It's probably because of how he relaxed he became.

After reaching the forest, Shinex immediately started attempting to pick food from bushes and trees. He is currently crouched down searching a bush.

ID: 5815 LD: 10

After finding nothing, he moved onto the bush next to him. He tried to keep himself from whistling because he could be endangering himself.

ID: 5816 LD: 10

Shinex was halfway through the bush with nothing found. He was about to move to the next bush until he heard footsteps. A couple of regular sized Little Nepents passed him and stopped. Shinex stared at them without moving. He gripped onto the hilt of his scimitar and slowly pulled his blade out.

Shinex: 9

Enemy1: 3

Enemy2: 3

Shinex got closer to one of the Little Nepents and got up. “Hey!†he called out. Both were alarmed and charged him.

ID: 5817 BD: 4

The first one who charged him was easy to evade. Shinex simply slid to his left which caused the monster to run past him.

ID: 5818 BD: 3

The second attacker was about to use its vines. Shinex deflected one of the attacks with his scimitar.

ID: 5820 BD: 3

After deflecting the vine, Shinex went for a diagonal slash which was blocked by the other vine.

ID: 5821 BD: 6

Shinex: 8 (-1)

Shinex was caught off guard by the first one’s attack. The Little Nepent smacked Shinex’s right side with its vine.

ID: 5822 BD: 4

Shinex managed his balance and stayed up. The second one tried to smack Shinex with his vine, but he easily deflected the attack. “They seem weaker for a regular sized Little Nepent.â€

ID: 5823 BD: 7

Enemy2: 2 (-1)

Shinex managed to cut the second one before it recovered.

ID: 5824 BD: 8

Shinex: 7 (-1)

Shinex watched as the first one moved its vine towards him and blocked it. He was overwhelmed and pushed back.

ID: 5825 BD: 1

The second one went for Shinex with another vine attack. Shinex meant deflect the vine but ended up cutting a piece of it off. The Little Nepent cried out in pain.

ID: 5826 BD: 7

Enemy2: 1 (-1)

Shinex raised his sword and cut the monster again.

ID: 5827 BD: 3

The first one tried to sweep at Shinex’s leg but he evaded it by jumping.

ID: 5828 BD: 2

The second one tried to use the other vine to hit him. Shinex was able to block the vine without parrying.

ID: 5829 BD: 6

Enemy2: 0 (-1)

Shinex moved to his right which caused the vine to hit the ground and leave the Little Nepent wide open. He sliced the Little Nepent and it shattered.

ID: 5830 BD: 5

He saw the other one’s vine moving towards him and jumped back to evade it.

ID: 5831 BD: 7

Enemy1: 2 (-3)

He dashed forward and uppercutted the Little Nepent with his sword.

ID: 5832 BD: 5

He jumped back able to defend after the monster’s recovery. It tried to tackle him but Shinex dodged.

ID: 5832 BD: 4

Shinex tried to slash it’s back but the monster turned and parried him with its vine.

ID: 5833 BD: 1

It tried to attack with its other vine but Shinex used his scimitar to cut a large portion of the vine off. It cried out ike the other one and was distracted by its pain.

ID: 5834 BD: 9

Enemy1: 1 (-2)

Shinex slashed twice and made an X shaped cut which pushed the Little Nepent back.

ID: 5835 BD: 7

Shinex: 6 (-1)

The Little Nepent retaliated by using its other vine to sweep Shinex’s leg. It was too fast for Shinex to react in time which caused him to fall. Shinex rolled away before the Little Nepent could do anymore damage.

ID: 5837 BD: 5

Shinex got up and went for a horizontal slash. The mouth of the Little Nepent caught the blade. Shinex however was not afraid.

ID: 5838 BD: 4

The Little Nepent used its only vine to attack Shinex. He ducked and kicked the Little Nepent back which brought his sword out.

ID: 5839 BD: 7

Shinex charged at the Little Nepent for his final attack. He roared out and slashed through the Little Nepent. He sheathed his sword and the Little Nepent shattered. A screen popped up for the rewards he gained for both foes.

ID: 5840 LD: 18

ID: 5841 LD: 4

The reward was only for one foe. “Great. One reward even though I fought two.†He accepted the 15 Col and walked out of the forest.

Shinex was sure he was getting closer to completing the quest. One with a flower should come out soon. Plus I'm getting some experience while I'm fighting off the mobs. He was currently at a public area on a bench just watching other players. He stayed there until it got darker. He even ate the fruit he picked from the tree. After the sun was setting, he headed towards a nearby inn to spend the night. He stretched as he entered his room and for once he took off his gear. "Hopefully this'll help me feel comfortable" he said to himself before jumping onto the bed. He fell asleep peacefully and actually snored quietly.

Shinex was at the forest again. He was picking some fruit from the bushes hoping that he'll find some.

ID: 5874 LD: 10

"Nothing again." He quietly stopped to whistle before moving onto the next bush. Hopefully a Little Nepent heard that. It'll keep me from searching on my own.

ID: 5875 LD: 11

After checking the next bush, he moved onto a larger one. The small bushes seem to have nothing.

ID: 5876 LD: 10

Shinex managed to check half of the bush. He went to the other side to check that half.

ID: 5877 LD: 19

It took a while for Shinex, but he eventual found a fruit in the other half of the bush. "Oh, yes!" Shinex stopped himself and looked around. Crap, should be more quiet. He climbed a tree and started searching there.