[SP-F1] Now Hiring: Full Time Tailor

Equipment: Rapier

Base DMG of 2 = 1 (Rapier) + 1 (Weapon Skill)

Red took a moment to look around the starting area, quite unsure of what to do and where to go. This was all new to her and she didn't have the slighest clue of what this virtual world held in store. In fact, the only thing that she knew was that there was no way out and if you died here, you wouldn't wake up from the game. While everyone in the square happened to take the news with grave depression and anger, she was delighted to the point that she teared up with joy. The only thing that could have given herself away wasn't the tears or her collapsing to her knees, but the heartfelt smile that drew itself upon her face.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, that's without saying that she didn't have any sort of compassion for the thousands of players in the game that couldn't return to their families. She was certainly very understanding of their concern, but at least they weren't suffering what she had to suffer in the real world. There was nothing for her to return to other than the heartless captor that would use and abuse her relentlessly as long as she would live. However, most of the people that were surrounding her in the square had loving families that were eagerly awaiting their return. She felt as if she was the only one that truly wanted to stay here.

She shook her head. Why am I being so selfish? She used to have a family, not a real one, but certainly people that she would consider to be her family. Those that she grew up with, that said hello, played with her during their short time their, then said their goodbyes. It was only a matter of time before she said her goodbyes, but it wasn't long before she realized just how big a mistake that was... Regardless, this was going to be her new life and she had to start somewhere. Is it this way? In the beginner book that someone had given her, she found out about something called a quest that gave extra rewards.

In the first section of the book, it covered what seemed like basic information that everyone should know, like how to fight or certain locations. Though this quest section was pretty important, revealing things that could create a more lasting impression in her journey here in Sword Art Online. As such, she was on her way to the starting location for the quest, a little cafe on one of the side streets in the town. She poorly navigated her way around the streets until she finally found the place she was looking for... I think... It was a cafe with the name Viva la Vida, quite a silly name for a cafe.

She entered the shop and was surprised to see a few people sitting down, actually eating food and drinking from cups. Isn't this just a game? She assumed it had something to do with the game mechanics and shrugged, walking up to the front counter where someone was waiting to take orders, "Hola, welcome to Viva la Vida! May I take your order?" Red shook her head, "No, I just wanted to do the quest that's here." The cashier perked up, "Would you like to accept the Earning a Living quest?" A visual display popped up in front of Red, giving her the option to accept or deny the quest.

She tapped the green circle with a check mark causing the prompt to close and the cashier to continue with her dialogue, "I've been looking for a tailor to supply me with some clothing, but I just haven't had any luck." She pulled up a list of information of what was needed, "Here's some materials you'll need to get started as a tailor, nothing too difficult." Red looked it over, not having the slightest clue of what any of it meant... A boar's tusk, some white wool, and the hide of a wolf? Am I actually going to have to kill something for them? She looked up at the cashier, "Where do I... you know... find these things?"

The NPC didn't seem to laugh at the inoccuous question, "Oh, it's actually rather easy. You'll have to slay a boar and wolf for those materials, while the wool can be shaven off of the sheep. In fact, here's some shears..." A prompt showed that she had been gifted a pair of shears, "Just make sure to return them when you get back." The NPC waved, "Good luck!" Red took in a deep breath, unsure of the whole thing, then headed out, "Thanks, I'll be back soon." She had a rapier to help do what she needed to do, but she wasn't so sure about this all. It was a totally different world, virtual or not.

She walked down the road in search of a player, finding him and asking where she should start looking for the animals, "Oh, that'd be to the east, in the meadow. I'd say right next to the forest would be the best bet." She nodded her head, "Thanks for your help," before scurrying off to the spot in hopes that he was telling the truth. Not that she would ever expect players to have a reason to lie, but it was kind of hard to trust people after the only actual adult in her life ended up taking everything away from her. It would take a little bit of effort to fix her trust issues, but that would come in due time.

[6193] 9 - 10 - 10 - 1

After some wandering, she finally made it to the location that she had been told about. It was really amazing how realistic everything here looked, almost too realistic to believe. It was nothing short of amazing, but she'd have plenty of time to experience the sights of this place. With the way that the game creator was speaking, it sounded as if they would never be able to escape. Of course, that was fine by her, but... Soon after, she'd encounter the boar that she was looking for. She pulled her rapier from its sheath at her hip and ran towards it, poking the boar for a considerably strong hit.

[___] 5/5 HP

[boar] 0/3 HP ... +1 Material

[6194] 10 - 12 - 3 - 4

She was surprised to see the thing fade away, something that she didn't know was programmed into the game. She took a sweet relief in it, not wanting to feel guilty for "killing" an "animal" in this place. It wasn't really an animal, it was just an animated model like in a movie. Plus, it wasn't really killing, it was simply... what would it be called? It felt like she was actually fighting and it felt real... This is really confusing... This feels way too much like real life. She continued onwards, looking for another boar. She poked it again, landing an even stronger hit this time around.

[___] 5/5 HP

[boar] 0/3 HP ... +1 Material

[6195] 2 - 2 - 8 - 6

She felt a little more comfortable with it now, knowing that they weren't real creatures, but she still wasn't sure of what she needed to do to obtain the tusk. Do I actually have to pull it off? That would be kind of weird and if the animals mimicked real pain, then she wasn't sure she could totally do it. She snuck up to the next boar and jumped on its back, the only idea that she had to go with, and started to tug at the tusks to no avail. It tossed her off and bashed her head on, causing her to tumble away, That actually hurt... I can't believe it... why did it hurt? What was this game really capable of?

[___] 4/5 HP

[boar] 3/3 HP ...

[6196] 10 - 12 - 11 - 2

The boar started rearing its leg, ready to strike again. Red knew that if she wasn't going to take this thing, it'd take her down. It was still a little weird knowing that she was "killing" these things, but she could overlook that until she got used to the whole concept. The boar began to charge towards her and she unsheathed her sword, staying still until it got really close. She jabbed it forwards and connected the hit, then it faded away once again. However, this time, she noticed the little notification that popped up. Oh, I got the material I needed. I wonder if the other ones gave me some too.

[___] 4/5 HP

[boar] 0/3 HP ... +1 Material, +15 Col

[6197] 9 - 11 - 8 - 3

Next up, she had to find a sheep so that she could shear off the wool. That would definitely be a lot easier than having to kill the animals or, at the least, it would be a little more human. She headed in the direction opposite of the woods, hoping to find them more towards the center of the meadow. It took a good twenty minutes or so, another factor that reminded her of the realism of this artificial place, before she encountered a sheep. She approached it, petted its cute little head, then pulled out the shears and tried to start trimming the wool of the little critter.

[6198] 1 - 5 - 18 - 1

The sheep dashed off, "Wait, come back here!" It must have gotten spooked off when it heard the scissors clip together, but she didn't have to follow suit. There was a few here and there, spread out across the acres of meadows around her, but she was a little more cautious on her next approach. She patted the sheep and kept her left hand on the head as a sort of comforting method, while trimming the wool off with her right hand. She snipped and snipped, though before long, she would find that the notification popped up again and revealed that she had obtained the material she was after.

+1 Material

[6199] 3 - 7 - 16 - 8

Everything so far had went off without a hitch, the only problem being that she took a bit of damage from the third boar back there. Though, another problem (and solution) was creeping up as the remaining sheep nearby started to run. A trio of wolves were chasing them down and that was just what she needed to finish the quest. She followed suit and before she got in striking range of the furthermost back wolf, it turned on her and lept up at her face. She raised her arms up, but it knocked her flat on her back and inflicted some damage to her. Jeez, they're a little more tough than the boars.

[___] 3/5 HP

[Wolf] 3/3 HP

[6200] 8 - 11 - 1 - 6

She pulled herself back up and increased the distance between the snarling wolf and herself, I have to be careful. This isn't just a game. She knew the repercussions of dying in this game and she was nearly down to half health, though it was the last animal she had to fight before she could return to the town. She waited for the wolf to charge towards her as she readied herself, which led to a successful hit for her. However, even though she struck the creature, the wolf did happen to grab onto her ankle with its fangs. She kicked if off and backed away again, not looking forwards to taking any more damage.

[___] 2/5 HP

[Wolf] 1/3 HP

[6201] 4 - 2 - 11 - 6

Unfortunately, that didn't appear to be how today was going to turn out. While she was backing away, the wolf wasn't too willing to let her walk off so that she could prepare for her attack. It was nothing short of a smart creature, but it wasn't an unstoppable force. She was going to finish this thing off and go back into town. Even if she didn't want to return to the real world, she definitely didn't want to die. Here or there. The wolf had ran up and dodged her sword, slashing at her arms as he passed her by, bringing her down to the most critical health level before death.

[___] 1/5 HP

[Wolf] 1/3 HP

[6202] 7 - 7 - 10 - 9

As of right now, they were both down to their last morsel of health and whoever landed the first hit would be the one to walk away from this battle victorious and, most importantly, alive. She raised her sword in front of her, creating a weak barrier between her and the wolf, allowing it to start off running. It would take some time before she developed a proper technique to fighting, but this is all she could deal with for now. Right before it struck her, she jabbed her sword out and looked away, hoping that it landed. She closed her eyes, hoping and praying that she would live to see more of this place.

[___] 1/5 HP

[Wolf] 0/3 HP ... +1 Material

She slowly opened her eyes and blinked before turning ahead, nothing was there. Another notification was up informing her that she had obtained another material, the last one she needed, before she collapsed to the ground. Knees down and hands to her side, she took a deep breath. I can't believe that just happened. She let the air escape and took another break. I almost died. I almost really died... She sat down, expending a few minutes coming to grips with what happened and composing herself. When she did get back up, she walked back towards the ground, sword sheathed on her hip.

Upon arriving in town, she let out a sigh of relief. The towns were a safe location that prevented anyone from attacking or being attacked, thank goodness. Making her way downtown, walking fast, she found the cafe much easier this time around. When she entered, the cashier waved in her cheery mood, "Welcome back! Did you retreive the materials I requested?" She nodded and walked up to the counter, "Yeah, is that all there is to it?" The NPC nodded happily and began discussing the basics to becoming a tailor, Red learned how to make the dress, and was given the keys to her own shop. Plus, she covered for the materials that Red used to make the dress, much to her delight. All in all, it was fun. She looked forwards to going on another quest. Just... one not so dangerous. That wasn't too fun.