(OP-F4) The Voice Inside

Tyrius sat on a log on the outside of a cluster of trees he had found. He sat there for several moments, trying to remember the lyrics to an old favorite song. Hoping the lyrics would one to him if he started singing, he began:

"I loved you, you made me hate me.

You gave me hate, see?

It saved me and these tears are deadly.

You feel that?

I rip back, every time you tried to seal that."

He stopped, unable to remember the next lines, and swore loudly before punching the log. He stood up and paced around, muttering the words again and again, hoping the lyrics would eventually come to him.

This time, Arekkusu wasn't high up in the hills... There were no hills to stand on. So he resorted to something he loved to do. Playing his Violin. This song was Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling. He swung across the notes until he heard a familiar singing voice... One of the two duets. That caught his attention and actually made him stop. Could it be?

Tyrius laughed as the words came to him and dove into the song once more:

"You feel bad?

You feel sad?

I'm sorry, hell, no, (censored) that!

It was my heart, it was my life, it was my start, it was your knife."

He was so happy. This was his hobby, and nobody could take away his voice, the voice that made him different.

Arekkusu knew it, it was half of the duo that he met among the giant group. The giant groups are growing again, and Arekkusu made sure to make himself a part of each one of them. He jumped into the air with his Violin. Ignite gave him a few flames to mess with, so Arekkusu played with the Violin sparking as he moved the bow insanely fast to the song, Killing it by Krewella, which was real hard to do on a violin, especially one in fire. When he had finished, he pulled back the Violin and smiled casually as if he didn't put away a flaming instrument. Just one simple word came from his mouth, so ordinary, especially for what he had done. "Hi." Arekkusu said.

Tyrius jumped as he heard a familiar voice. He turned and saw, not surprised, Arekkusu.  He laughed and said heartily, "Arekkusu! Hey man, what's up? It hasn't been long." He clapped his hands together and giggled before looking Arekkusu in the eye and saying, "I have changed a lot, man. I swear to you, I will never take a life again." He looked away, and looked back, knowing that he had to explain everything now.

Arekkusu looked at Tyrius, at least he wasn't the only one who killed, Arekkusu had killed twice, and only because of technicalities was he not labeled a player killer. So Arekkusu wasn't going to question Tyrius about that. Instead, he wanted to ask about rue singing.

"Where is your partner?" Arekkusu asked with his head tilted. "You have a great voice, but your lyrics make you sound so lonely. I bet if she were here right now you wouldnt be as lonely right now as you act. Do you have any idea where she is right now, I can PM her if you'd like."

Tyrius coughed, thinking that Arekkusu was hinting at something more, and said, "I-I uh... what? Lonely? Look, me and Wynter only just met, it's not like we have something going!" He started blushing, and looked away, knowing that he was going to make a fool of himself if he kept going. He hummed the song they had sung without knowing, and sat there, waiting for Arekkusu to respond.

Tyrius brushed his fingers across the log, hardly noticing the texture, and clenched his fingers into a fist. He felt the urge to scream at Arekkusu, but said calmly, "Look, man. We only just met, and we only sang a song together. This isn't some cheesy love story." He made his way to Arekkusu, face to face, and said in a whisper, "If she knew I had taken a life, she wouldn't want to know me. I have to keep it a secret." Tyrius turned around and took several steps away.

He stood like that for several minutes, a light breeze causing his hair to sway, and turned back to Arekkusu, a look of utter confusion on his face. He didn't know what to do. He could always sing, but without Wynter he felt like the songs wouldn't be as good.

Tyrius said with fear, "What if she doesn't accept me? If I tell her what I did, what would she do?" He ground hid teeth and turned away, refusing to make eye contact.

Arekkusu saw that Tyrius was about to break out on him. He just crossed his arms. "Go ahead and see if yelling would fix the problem." Arekkusu said with his tone so calm. "She is a nice girl, and its not like she doesn't know what that is like. She is hated for being a Beta Tester. And according to her, no one was her friend in the real world. Imagine that you actually don't just call her a friend, but you actually say that you like her. Not only would she feel special, but it would be the first time she would feel loved... Or you know... Another person could beat you to it and you'll never know."

Tyrius laughed at Arekkusu's statement and grinned. "Well," Tyrius said, "Let's hope that doesn't happen. But until then, I gotta work out who I am." He turned back to Arekkusu and stared at him. Arekkusu has been there for him before, and has helped every time.

He walked up and hugged Arekkusu tightly, saying, "Thank you, man. You are just... the best person I have met." He started laughing, and felt an actual tear slide down his cheek. He stepped back, wiping the tear away, and said, "I promised I would never cry again, but I broke that promise... again." He frowned, and thought about how he would explain his... murder? accidental killing?... to Wynter.

"If it is of any consent to you, I have done some pretty bad things too." Arekkusu said as he thought of killing his ex girlfriend, the same one that tried to break him and Kitty up. "I had to kill someone who I used to love. She threatened to kill anyone who got near me, I had to put her down. I killed her indirectly, holding her to the ground with a sword through her stomach while monsters got to her... Yup... That was a cold day. I'm just saying, things aren't easy for anyone, but I'm still trying, and so should everyone."

Tyrius scoffed. "I cleaved a man in two, and just watched him die." He laughed mercilessly, and said with a grin, "Then I cut a man's legs off. If Air hadn't been there, I'm sure I would have killed him too." Arekkusu hadn't known that, and Tyrius was glad to tell him, just to relieve some mental pressure. Though Tyrius did feel... deranged.

"Heh, if we continue talking about this it will seem like we are trying to mke a game out of it." Arekkusu said as he laughed a little bit. It seems like murder isn't new to either of them, after all, Arekkusu saw one happen in front of his own eyes to one of his family members. Arekkusu has been going through similar situations though, so his past isn't really bothering him though. What is actually bothering him is the fact that his brother is the developer of the game itself and that Arekkusu is being watched every single second of his life while Dan is looking at him. It makes hiss brother more of a creeper to Arekkusu than a guardian.