[PP-F1] Meeting a New Player (Malakath)

Raeyliff was lying down on a bench in the Town Square of Floor 1. He was bored, he hasn't seen his friends for a while, and he didn't feel like fighting alone again. He'd rather fight with someone else today. He had already practiced with Helsependel once, and he admired his new battle-axe greatly. When shall I use this again...? Maybe soon, but not with an old friend. I want to meet someone new, someone I haven't met before, and fight with him, maybe help him out a bit. Pay it forward. Just like I was helped. I need to do that sometime, that would be cool. he thought. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply before looking up at the sky, wondering what he will do today before the day is done.

Malakath was walking down the street today poking for someone to help him once more and saw a guy staring at the clouds. To Malakath however this guy looked like he was sleeping. Malakath saw this as a golden opportunity and thought he'd be the one to help someone else out for a change.

He approached the individual, and shook his arm gently "Umm sir, you're in a prime position to get griefed my good friend". It was only then he saw that eyes were open and this guy was just staring into space. Malakath backed off promtly and stared at him for a while ... "Umm sorry about that, I thought you fell asleep and someone was gonna take your stuff. I'm new so am not even sure a thief skill exists in this game yet but who takes chances hmm?"

Raeyliff jumped after noticing that someone was holding his arm and fell on the floor and stayed there for a few seconds. Realizing that the guy wasn't dangerous and that he was just concerned he stood up and frowned. "Not a good way to introduce yourself, man." he said, before breaking his frown and grinned. "My name's Raeyliff, thanks for the advice. But I can't really help it, I zone out wherever I go, except while fighting." he said. He looked at the player in front of him before putting out his hand for a handshake. "And...you are?" he asked.

Malakath laughed and sighed a little when the guy said it wasn't cool to do what he did but then listened to what he said an grinned even more. "My name is Malakath Grimm, I'm a noob at the moment but want to get stronger an more powerful as fast as possible, this is me in nothing but my basics requesting if since you said you enjoyed fighting wouldn't mind helping me out gathering loot and materials and some Col because I really want a better weapon, since this basic weapons and armour don't help me complete my dream to become one of the shining stars of this place, but If you don't mind id appreciate the help, I may also get some more XP fighting monsters above my level perhaps"

Raeyliff nodded and looked up at Malakath. "Alright then. Let's go fight some monsters. You are a noob, you say? How? What level are you, and what weapon do you use? I use a battle-axe, and I'm level 6." he said. He wanted to make sure that before they walked out of this town that he knew exactly who Malakath was in terms of skills. If they rushed into battle without knowing what they could do, they might end up confused and fighting monsters too strong for them or dying from not having a good strategy. 

Malakath frowned "Sadly, I'm only a level 2, and the weapon I use is a khopesh, an ancient curved sword. Basically level 3-4 I should be ok against if you're chipping in too" he smiled as he said this, but it was a solemn smile as if hollow and hating himself for being so useless. Nevertheless, he met a new friend, he dragged his menu up in front of him and set up the party requirements before pinging a request to Raeliff and began grinning at him, this was going to be a good show if he could get some levels and some items from this in the end

Raeyliff grinned and clicked "Accept" on the party menu. He looked up at Malakath "Don't worry about it. Everyone starts that way and makes their way up. It's just hard to think that because of how awesome they look. But it takes fighting, practice, and experience." He said, smiling. "Now, if you'll walk with me, we can reach the outside of this town's safe zone and fight some boars to warm up. Sounds good?" he asked. He didn't want to rush things. One boar in the beginning, and then another one, and so on. He would try as much as he could not to make this guy take damage during fights, but he knew that it was going to happen whether he liked it or not. 

Soaks the smiled as he said about boars "Ah so I could get the materials for my <<Worn Out Welcome>> quest then, great! Or at least find out a place to go get them, since I need to do it alone" He walked up to Raeyliff and tapped his face, but he then moved off to the outskirts again, turning back he said "... So you coming or what, Boars to kill, levels to get!"

"Awesome. let's go!" Raeyliff said, fired up, now that he had something to do. He quickly ran with Malakath until they went outside the safe zone. "All right! Now, let's find ourselves a boar to warm up with...hmm...there's one right there with a good amount of health to fight. I'll change to my starter battle-axe so that lower its health bar quickly. This way, you'd be able to level up as well. I'll start, and then you follow." Raeyliff said, before opening his menu and equipping his starter battle-axe. He looked towards the boar and changed his stance to combat mode before quickly adding "In case I fail and miss, you can easily go and attack it yourself. Get ready.". Raeyliff then looked at the boar and charged.

[6418 BD:5 MD:3]
[Raeyliff misses]
[boar misses]

Raeyliff ran towards it after it noticing them and seeing Raeyliff run towards it, making it jump back before Raeyliff can slash it. Raeyliff, after noticing that he failed the swing, looked back at Malakath and nodded. "Switch!" he said, jumping back. 

Malakath surged forwards as Raeliff said "Switch!" With a rush of enthusiasm. The intended effect of the strike was unknown, Malakath was just eager to land a blow. Running forward he managed to attract the boars attention unintentionally with a battle cry. Honestly it sounded a little shrill, but Malakath decided to work on that later. Charging forward Malakath intended to drive his blade into the beasts flank and drag it out the other end. The boat had other plans, in Malakaths overeagerness to hit the boat, the boat simply butted Malakath backwards. As a result he fell on his butt and said "Agh, Switch"

Dice ID: 6419

Hit Die: 4 = Miss

Mob Die: 6 = Hit

Malakath at this time = level 3

Boar HP = 5/5

Malakath HP = 8/9

Raeyliff nodded and quickly charged at the boar. This was no time to feel concern towards Malakath; he wanted to fight, but he didn't expect something to fight back. He'd understand that usually battle cries and the likes of it weren't as important as landing a blow on an enemy. Still he couldn't help but feel excited and glad that Malakath was this eager to start fighting. He quickly put his battle-axe into combat position and swung towards the boar, intending to hit it. 

[6463 BD:2 MD:8]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar deals 1 damage]

Raeyliff swung too high up, missing the boar. He sighed before getting rammed by the boar in the side, making him roll over. Please, I don't want to get stuck on this one boar. Please. he thought. He looked over at Malakath and nodded. "I hope you're alright man, cuz we're not done fighting yet. Your turn!" he said, smiling. 

Malakath grinned as he saw the more experienced player whiff an attack too, takin it in his stride and continuing regardless. Raeliff was cool, hopefully they'd become good friends. But now wasn't the time for that, Malakaths eyes snapped to the boar as he then leant backwards slightly, using the momentum to create a backwards roll. It wasn't clean but he got to his hands and feet on the floor and took a position like a sprinter on a starting line.

Dice ID:

Hit Die=4 Miss

Mob Die= 9 +1 damage

Malakath takes 1 less due to light armor mitigation

Malakath is on 7/9

Boar is on 7/7

Malakath jumped in the direction of the boar, hoping to pass by its flank and slash it, but it was not meant to be. Malakath misjudged his jump, meaning he flew straight at the boar instead. The boar simply slammed its own head into Malakaths and left him on the ground with a little less health than he had before. Malakath got up again with very visible frustration as he said "What did we find a mini-boss? Cmon you hit it!"

Raeyliff laughed at Malakath's comment. A mini boss? Raeyliff never thought he came close to seeing one before. But boars that were hard to fight were here and there, and he did choose a decent one to fight. He should've expected this to be the case from the moment he charged at it, but he was starting to question the reason why they weren't landing a hit on that boar. Maybe it was the switch of weapons that made it harder for him to kill it, since he would be carrying a battle-axe with a different grip. No time to change back...I must continue fighting. With my rank, if I get really lucky, I can lower it down to 1 HP, but I'm not always lucky. Let's go! Raeyliff thought. He looked at Malakath and nodded before charging directly at the boar.

[6637 BD: 2 MD: 8]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar deals 1 damage]

Raeyliff charged but swung too soon. "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" he yelled in frustration, right before getting rammed in the side from the boar. He stood up after getting hit and looked directly at the boar and growled. He was suddenly not himself anymore, frustrated and angry. He was done being calm. Alone, he was able to fight boars and kill them with one or two hits, sometimes going up to three. But this was going too far. They've been failing to hit it even after three tries. Enough was enough. 

Malakath laughed as he stood. Arcing his back and running at the enemy boar. Hoping to actually get a hit in for once. 

ID: 6638

Hit: 8

Mob: 4

Malakath ran forward and struck the boar. The boar squealed as Malakath slashed it's flank open and carried on. Turning around he yelled "SWITCH" as he threw himself to the ground to lose his momentum.

Boar HP 5/7

Raeyliff quickly charged and wasted no time in talking. He was glad that they were able to hit the boar, but they weren't done yet. He quickly swung his weapon with all his power towards the boar. Now's the chance to kill this thing...I hope. he thought. If he missed one more time, he might go and slam his battle-axe against something until it broke. 

[6849 BD:4 MD:6 (Why is this happening to me...? XD) ]

Raeyliff lost his balance and fell on the floor hard as the boar hit him, getting damage. He didn't move for a moment beforelooking at the ground for a full second, thinking about whether to curse loudly or just go and sleep the day off...if he could. He looked at Malakath apologetically "Today's not my day at all... I guess. Switch!" he said, before looking down, ashamed.

[Raeyliff: 12/15]

[Malakath: 7/9]

[boar: 5/7]