(PP-F1) Some one New? (Rolland & Olivia Antheia)

A cold breeze dances across the land, the leaves fall, as they follow the wind, ever so matching the steps of the breeze. A white haired boy, about the age of 19-20, his sapphire blue eyes gazed at the sun lite sky. Filled with the vivid color of his eyes, and clouds the same as his hair, his pale tan skin glowing in the sunlight. As he was sitting alone, on the fountain in the main plaza, not one other player was about as they all went inside, and Rolland was by himself, no weapon out. Clothing new and more comfortable than his previous attire, a long black leather coat, a pair of tactical jeans, and some military grade combat boots, all black. He wandered the first floors plaza, enjoying the warm air, As his white hair danced in the wind and the sunlight, his sapphire eyes sparkled and his whole body seemed to glow from the light. 

-Rollands Face-

large.jpg

-Rollands new Clothes-

Shadow Dance

Shadow Skin

Dark Step

"Excuse me! Could you help me out? I'm trying to... O-Okay, then, uh... I'll see you... Around..." "Hey, you! Can you spare a second? I need some help finding... What? No time for... Alright..." "Pardon me, would you like to--oh, alright then, I see you're busy."

This and much more came from the mouth of a young girl, trying to find her way through the crowd. She felt out of place recently, and felt like it was about time for her to start working towards becoming a fighter of repute. The loneliness had driven her to pulling people aside at random and asking if they would like to accompany her outside of town. But as her innocently large, dark-blue eyes scanned the crowd around her, she saw neither familiar face nor sympathetic glance. Olivia sighed, and muttered, "Just my luck."

She was determined to find someone though. Just because she had been avoided and ignored a couple hundred times, did not mean that she could just give up. So with a deep breath, a shake of the head to get a lock of long brown hair out of her face, and a cheery smile, she walked up to the next figure that stood out: White hair, light blue eyes, and a large black trench coat. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. "Sorry to be a bother," she piped up as she approached the figure from behind, "But I was wondering if you'd like to... I don't know, help me... Help me fight?" It might have seemed like a silly question, but Olivia was a bit sketchy on the whole ordeal She waited, hands behind her back and eyes downcast, to see if the figure would respond, or just walk away like everyone else.

As a voice rang through the air, Rolland turned to his side and saw a small figure behind him, a girl asking him if he would like to help her fight, and looked at her, and bent down to see her eyes. "Oh yeah I can help you out, but you have to help me out first." "First off, I'm Rolland, what is your name?" He asked her, his coat fluttering behind him and he white hair dancing in the wind, while his sapphire blue eyes gazed at the brown haired girl in front of him, as he placed his hand under her chin and pulled it to his level. "There we go, so miss... blue eyes, wow you got nice deep blue eyes, anyway, you got a name?" He asked her again, as he stood up and looked down at her, being six foot he kinda had a height advantage compared to his little companion in front of him, as though she seemed skittish, it reminded Rolland of himself before his new make over, he gave her a smile and then placed his hands in his pocket waiting for his little friend here to say something.

There it was! He was turning, so she had caught his attention. That was good. Even better, he seemed to be interested as he crouched down to see her a bit better. Her cheerful smile grew at the success she had achieved. Though, it did manage to earn her a very interesting response, with a hand on her chin and an offer. What could I help him with in return? She wondered, as she echoed, "My... My name? You can call me Olivia, it's nice to know your name!" Her teeth shone as she smiled, and cleared her throat as Rolland returned his hand to his own person. He looked like he knew what he was doing, but she was interested to see what he meant. "But, uh... What is it that I can help you with in return?" If it was something she could do, it seemed fair enough for her to try and accomplish it. Her newfound friend seemed... Trustworthy enough.

Rolland rubbed his chin as he turned about and then looked over his shoulder, "For starters, you can spend time with me, I have nothing to do here, and company would be great, and having a friend along the way would make conversations much better." He said as he looked at Olivia, seeing her smile was a nice change, as he walked to her and looked at her, "Now tell me Olivia, what type of fighter are you, I like to think of myself as a teacher or sensei now, if I am going to help you progress in SAO." He said to her, as he gave her his smile, his ow pearl white teeth sparkling in the the light, and his hair dancing in the wind.

Spend time with him? Well, that I can do! Even as the black-clad "sensei" smiled at him, Olivia was nodding her head furiously. "Time I can give! I've got time. I've got time to spare! I've got loads of time! I'm not too sure about conversation, but being your friend I can do!"

There was a question of what kind of a fighter she was. She hadn't fought too much herself, and that was something she should probably admit, but what would she be best at? Her blue eyes went skyward as she hummed to herself. "Well I suppose, if I think about it, I'd like to be able to help others while they fight. I also have a rapier, but I've never used it before..." Returning her gaze to Rolland, Olivia murmured, "I've only been out of the safe zone once, and that was before... The 'announcement...' So I... Don't really know what kind of a fighter I am..." She fell silent and looked down to the ground. That was a bad memory.

Rolland chuckled, as he patted her head, and spoke, "Well if you use a Rapier, then you are fast and accurate, meaning you have to be more of a support." But we will see, I use a longsword and a greatsword, but the longsword I have now is far more powerful than the greatsword I use." He said to her and opened up his HUD and spawning his weapon, that seemed to disappear behind his coats tail. As he then placed his hand on the plat pummel of the weapon, the only thing that seemed to be visible was the handle, and pummel, the handle having metal like twon wrapped around the handle and th pummel flat at the end with a dip in a circular pattern. The one thing that could be seem was probably the tip of the sheathe, which was a silver like metal attachment upon a black metal sheathe, with red tassels and clothing dancing behind him. 

And he smiled, "Well how bout you get ready there, were going to go hunt some Boars, there easy to kill with only 4 HP, I can one hit ko them, but we need to stay closer to the town, farther out we travel, the more powerful the foes become." He said to her and then bent down in front of her, giving her a smile, "But don't worry I am here to keep you safe, I wouldn't let a cute girl like you get hurt." He said giving her a compliment and then getting serious, "If you get anything from a loot drop, identify it later and when we have a chance then look it over, but until then, here is your agenda Olivia, kill 3 Boars for me, finding mats, Col or even Unidentified items is a second objective." Rolland said as he placed a hand on the flat like pummel of his sword and looked at the gate, as he began walking, "Come on miss slow poke, were wasting day light." As he was looking over his shoulder at her as he walked, waiting for her to follow him.

-Item Equipped-

Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker

Feeling Rolland's hand pat her head was... Well, she couldn't really call it odd. Not when she was stuck in a virtual reality that would kill you in real life if you died in the game. But it was oddly comfortable. Head tilted upward to offer him a somber smile, Olivia did her best to listen to his advice. Fast, accurate, more of a support... That sounds like me. I think...? Uncertainty aside, she watched as Rolland went about revealing his weapon--a rather large sword that was hidden behind his trench coat, that he proceeded to rest his hand on. I need one of those, she thought to herself. Now THAT looks like...

Olivia blinked in surprise as, suddenly, Rolland bent himself over and looked her in the eyes. Why is he doing that? She wondered, does he just like seeing eye to eye? All of her available focus had been on his weapon as Rolland spoke, so when he let loose the flattery, she was caught off guard. Cute? Well, uhm, I... I guess so... Blood rushed to her cheeks. She cleared her throat and hoped he didn't notice. Who am I kidding, of course he noticed! So with that LOVELY thought in her head, she nodded her head and repeated the assignment... Ehm, assessment... Lesson? "Kill three boars first. Identify items later. Got it!"

With that, she opened her HUD and went trough the process of selecting her basic rapier, which hadn't seen the light of day in... A long while. Her hand wrapped around the simple crossguard as it appeared at her side. It wasn't much to look at, was made of a simple steel-like metal and with a worn-and-torn hilt. Being a rapier, Olivia had often thought it flimsy and weak--she had, on many an occasion, been tempted to snap in half. Of course, then she wouldn't have a weapon... If it was even possible to break a rapier in a virtual game.

".. I forgot what it looked like. It's so light... How can I--wait, what? Where are you...!?" She hurried along as her mentor began walking, eyes glancing to the medieval-esque buildings around them. "I already told you, I have time to waste... Oh, but you probably have things to do as well... Ehm... Right..." She fell silent, brows furrowed as she scolded herself. Who knows what he was planning on doing.

As Rolland took Olivia into the fields, he kept and eye on his little student and he spoke, "Okay Olivia, first rule, in SAO things are not what they seem, that goes with places, people and enemies, but mostly people." "For starters, by looking at me, you would never known I was half Arabic and Japanese, not to mistake that as a bad thing, now you need to do it look at players icon status." "See this little icon above my head, the green diamond shaped emerald?" He said as he pointed above his head, and spoke, "That is a player kill status icon, it marks a players killing marker, meaning if you kill another player it turns orange." "Marking you as a player killer, a murder in Aincrad, there are three kinds of markers, green which is player like us, that has not killed, orange; a player killer or in some cased a player killer killer, which is a person who hunts the Pkers; for justice and or revenge." "Then there's the red icon, these are mobs and are always going to attack you, no matter what."

He said as he looked around, as he scouted the area and saw one thing he knew would help him out, a lone boar in the distance, and he looked at Olivia, "Okay let me show you how combat works." He said as he walked to the Boar and looked at it, giving Olivia a smile, "Watch this Olivia." He said as he tapped his foot down at the Boar making it's eyes glow at him and causing the Icon to appear above the Boars head. As Rolland places his hand on the handle of his sword and draws it, the next thing that happened was a surprise to the boar, a flash of black mist erupted from the metal sheathe of Rollands weapon, a draconic roar filled the air, a glowing red eye flashed out from behind his coat and a demonic sword emerged. "Meet my weapon, Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker, you will perish beast." He says as the blood rust color bladed sword roared as he swung at the boar.

Edit:

The blade made contact into the Boars hide, emitting a burst of black mist to swirl around the swords blade, and making a flesh searing sound, as he caused major damage. Rolland struck it three times, as his movement was that of the Wudang Sword fighting style, as he danced around the boar. And as he finished the boar bursted into a thousand little pieces of blue pixels, before hand Rolland took damage as the bore struck him in the knee, but his coat blocked to view from Olivia and he looked at her when it was over. As now he held his sword in the fashion of the Wudang Sword, reversed and facing towards the heavens. He looked at Olivia, "Simple as that, though I don't condone getting hit in the leg like I did, okay now Olivia, that was tutorial, now show me how you hold your weapon, look there another lone Boar you take the next shot and I will back you up if it gets too hairy." He said to her as he pointed at another boar only a few feet from them.

~Party~

Rolland: 26/29 HP

(-3 HP) Boars attack

Olivia: 5/5 HP

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 7] #ID 6477

[boar takes 1 damage]

[Plus four extra Damage; One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1;  Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker +3 DMG]

[5 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

+1 Damage: One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1

+1 Loot Dice Rolls: Search & Detect Rank 1

+3 Damage: Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker

~Enemy~

Boar: -1/4 HP (1 Point of Damage) [Dead]

(-5 HP) Rollands attack/Kill

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 10] #ID 6477

[Rolland takes 3 damage]

[1] Epic Miss: Fail to hit
[2-5] Miss
[6-8] Hit: 1 point of damage
[9] Critical: 2 points of damage
[10] Hyper crit: 3 points of damage  

Well I know THAT much, Olivia thought to herself. I was led to believe this was supposed to be fun, but it's even worse than the real world right about now. Things are never what they seem. What her mentor shared with her was definitely weird, considering that she hadn't even asked about his life outside of the death game, but she took note of it nonetheless. The lesson on player icons she took to heart, with zeal. PKers... What kind of power does it take to push someone to such extremes...? One thing was for certain: She would never kill another player. Not if it could be avoided.

"I'm watching!" She murmured as she focused on the scene before her. Olivia watched Rolland fight, and was impressed by how quickly he dealt with the boar. Why am I surprised? He's probably a professional, I don't even know what floor he's used to... She shook her head as Rolland returned and nodded in response to her instructions. She brandished her rapier about and took a combat stance, with her foot forward and her weapon drawn back, as she stalked forwards to the boar.

It's eyes widened as it noticed her, and roared, causing Olivia to flinch. As it charged her, she stood still and waited, her breathing slowing. Just as it was about to strike her, she spun to the right and twirled out of the way, and lashed at the boar as it passed, following through by stepping forward and extending her arm to it's full length. A squeal of pain emitted from the boar as it shivered and flickered, before exploding into a bunch of brilliant colors. Olivia blinked in surprise. Was... Was that it!?

She turned to gaze at Rolland with her dark-blue eyes. "Uhm... H-how did... How did I do?"

- PARTY -

- ENEMY -

Boar: 4/4 HP

- ROLL -

ID: 6504; BD: 10; CD: 4; LD: 10; MD: 3

Olivia deals 1DMG base; Critical success, +2DMG; One-Handed Rapier, +1DMG; 4DMG dealt total.

Boar deals 1DMG base; Miss, no damage dealt.

- RESULT -

Boar: 0/4 HP, defeated.

Rolland smiled as he saw Olivia take down the Boar, he sheathed his sword, the rusted blood covered blade disappeared and the black mist subsided as well as the glowing red eye, all the effects of his sword deactivated. And he walked up to Olivia and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Nice work there Oliv, now thats one down two more to go." He said giving her a nickname, and began walking again, "Few words of advice Oliv, you use a Rapier, you need to keep moving and be light on your feet, as a Rapier is weaker compared to that of a longsword." "It's light and fast, as a longsword is medium weight and strong, though mine is heavier than most." "It's powerful as you could see." He said as he gave a chuckle and looked about, trying to find another Boar and he looked at Olivia and then looked up, "Gotta love these empty fields, okay Olivia, try to find one for me, when you see it, take the first strike and I will come in and end the boars life." He said sa hhe stood to the side and let Olivia do her new task, as his hair flipped about as he moved.

The praise brought a smile to Olivia's lips as she released her held breath. That wasn't... Wasn't half bad...! Her first kill since the game had taken it's dramatic turn was a swift one, and filled her with confidence. The girl wasn't going to let this sway her judgement though, and she still listened to Rolland with great care. Keep moving, light on feet, find another boar. Okay... Simple enough. So with her cheery smile fading to a content grin, she dashed off as she started looking around, eyes scanning the horizon.

Unfortunately for her she was caught off guard by a boar's attack. It glanced her in the side and she winced as it made contact. No fair! She wanted to whine, I wasn't ready! Instead, she dashed away and did her best attempt to strike back at the beast. A hopeless effort, as she had not yet regained her balance, as the boar easily darted away from her. She cursed under her breath as she drew herself back. Shoot.

- PARTY -

- ENEMY -

- ROLL -

ID: 6893; BD: 5; CD: 9; LD: 12; MD; 6

Olivia deals 1DMG base; Miss, no attack made.

Boar deals 1DMG base; Hit, attack made; 1DMG dealt total.

- RESULT -

Olivia: 4/5 HP

As Rolland saw the boar make a hit on Olivia he rushed at it and drew his sword once again, helping Olivia up and taking chance after the creature, "Get back here you swine!" He bellowed and that was when the Boar turned and rushed at Rolland, he smiled and let the darn thing come closer to him and when it was in good distance, he went for a swing, hoping to take it down in one fell swoop.

Edit:

With his blade hitting nothing but air, the roaring of the sword was still going on, the swirl of blackness less active than before, as the Boar tried to goar him. Rolland just stepped to the side and let it run past him and he looked at Olivia, "You have to be careful Oliv, now show me what you can do, kill it, or at least hit it." He said to her in a teacherly like voice.

~Party~

Rolland: 29/29 HP

(-1 HP) Boars attack

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 2] #ID 6894

[boar takes 0 damage]

[Plus four extra Damage; One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1;  Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker +3 DMG]

[0 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

~Enemy~

Boar: -1/4 HP (1 Point of Damage)

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 4] #ID 6894

[Rolland takes 0 damage]

[2-5] Miss

With the boar's strike against her shaking her resolve, hearing a strong shout from her teacher next to her didn't exactly help her get back into the spirit of things. He shouted at the boar as though it cared what he sai... Hh, wait, there it goes. Charging straight for Rolland. Huh. Should I yell at things when I fight? Olivia gripped her rapier tighter. Bouncing on the balls of her feet, she followed Rolland close behind, and watched as the boar passed him and went for her. "Kill it or hit it," she repeated to herself as she drew her weapon back. "When you say it like that it sounds easy..."

Her skitterish behavior proved to be detrimental for her health. She flinched as the boar neared and that was it for her attack--it would never land now. She winced again as the boar slammed into her gut, and she staggered backwards in an attempt to recover. This isn't going too well, she thought to herself. Must have been beginner's luck... I've got to focus. Come on now, focus!

- PARTY -

- ENEMY -

- ROLL -

ID: 6952; BD: 1; CD: 2; LD: 8; MD: 8

Boar deals 1DMG base; Hit, attack made; 1DMG dealt total.

- RESULT -

Olivia: 3/5 HP

With Rolland missing his last strike, and Olivia, now taking even more damage, he gritted his teeth and rushed at the boar once more, his swings as usual, his normal circular motions. The fluid dance like motions he made with his Wudang Swordsmanship fighting style, he kept his motions as swift as possible, when he saw and opening and he took it. Going for a strike at the beast, as he was not willing to let Olivia take anymore damage.

Edit:

And like the last time Rolland was faced with a Boar, he cleaved it, like this one here, his sword cleaved through the flesh of the animal and it burst into a million blue pixels. Rolland had danced around the boar before he killed it, and like last time, he killed it, he got nothing from it. As this monster was not strong enough for him to gain anything from it, when he turned to Olivia he helped stand her up, as the last attack made her stagger and he smiled. "You okay there Oliv?" He asked her, aiding her and sheathing his sword once again and sighing, "Sorry, I took your kill this time, well I did say slay the boar, how bout we kill one more, and then go material hunting?" He asked her, hoping that this would help her better than losing HP.

~Party~

Rolland: 28/29 HP

(-1 HP) Boars attack

(-1 HP) Boars attack

(-1 HP) Boars attack

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 10] #ID 7526

[boar takes 3 damage]

[7 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

~Enemy~

Boar: -3/4 HP (1 Point of Damage) [Dead]

(-7 HP) Rollands attack/kill

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 8] #ID 7526

[Rolland takes 1 damage]

[2-5] Miss

Olivia drew her weapon up and steeled herself for another strike. It couldn't take that much longer, right? She couldn't die on the first floor, right? Of course not... That would be ridiculous. Just as she was about to charge forward, Roland charged forward and began to move quickly, swinging his sword wildly, as he... Cut in half again. Dang, he's strong. The man who danced the waltz of death returned to her side and helped her up--she didn't even realize that she wasn't ready to try and strike again--and apologized for... Helping her? "Rolland, it's fine!" She interrupted. "I'm glad you help me. That last one was a bit harsh... O-okay! Yeah, let's try and fight one more!"

With that, the girl dusted herself off, trying to keep her simple clothes as clean as possible, before glancing at the fields around her. Where are they, where are they, where are they... To pass the time as she played her own little game of "I Spy," she made small talk with Rolland. "How far are you into the game, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, it's obvious that I'm brand new, but I was just wondering... Why do you still stick around here? The first floors, I mean? You can kill these boars like they were nothing, and I'm certain they don't give you as much of a reward as they do in the upper floors." Olivia did not intend for it to sound like she didn't want his help. Far from it. To her, though, she didn't quite understand it. Why help me, of all people? She wanted to ask, but fearing she would be a downer, she simply shook her head, tidied up her brown hair, and gasped as she found another boar. "Last one!"

Cracking a small smile as she dashed forward, she brandished her rapier about and kept what Rolland had told her in the back of her head, adding her own instructions as her instinct began to kick in. Stay light on your feet, be quick and nimble, and you'll do just fine. Heart pounding as the boar began to run towards her, she leaped to the side, twisted on her foot, and stabbed for the boar's side... Only for her attack to miss completely as the two barrel past each other, the boar now running straight for Rolland. ... I'm so bad at this.

- PARTY -

Rolland: 25/29 HP

- ENEMY -

- ROLL -

ID: 7788; BD: 5; CD: 10; LD: 5; MD: 3

Boar deals 1DMG base; Miss, no attack made.

- RESULT -

• 4 weeks later...

With Olivia wanting to know more about him, he gave her a look, "After we kill this boar, then we can talk." He said to her, looking at the beast, as he jumped back about 10 feet to try something out. He placed his sword in his right hand kept his body low and bent forward while placing his sword in a parallel manner to the his right leg and then drawing the sword back. The his sword began to glow as he looked up and dashed forward, the bright pale blue effect his sword glew ever so more, as the dirt around his feet began spraying out. As he rushed forward, the whole blade having this bright pale blue glow, the sword flying forward and a swirl like cloud enveloped the tip of his sword and extended downward in a spiral type form.

He was targeting the one Boar Olivia went after the first time, and he saw the beast turning towards him, but it was too late, by the time it turned to him, he was in its face. And he drove his sword into the beast, hoping this attack landed, as he didn't want to have to deal with getting hit by the monster. His tank top fluttering as he was moving, and the other boar saw the glow, and turned to him, Rolland saw a blur of brown in the corner of his right eye. And he thought to himself, *Oh crap... this is gonna hurt.* He said, as he could hear the grunting and snorting, the white tusks reflecting in the sunlight, and the glowing red eyes it held, as he knew where this was going.

Edit: With his attack cleaving into the Boar he was targeting, his sword, released a large storm of black sand like particles and the eye began to glow ever so brighter. And the roars of the blade filled the air, making the birds fly out of the tree's, and overpowering the screams of the Boar as Rolland pulled up his weapon like his skill let him. Impaling the pig and after that his swords colour returned to the rust blood colour, he pulled up and spun on the ground cutting the pig literally in half done the torso, making the head and gluteus maximus fly in two different directions. And looked at Olivia, "Well... nothing for that kill, I'm too strong for these things, oh well." He said and sheathes his weapon, with it reverting to its passive mode, he sighed and looked around, "What now Oliv?" He said to her, asking her whats was the next thing on their agenda, as he remembered her asking him about himself and he sighed.

"Well ask away, I forgot some of what you said in that battle, something about why I am on this floor?" He asked her, crossing his arms and then looking down, Simple question, "I want to make sure I can keep low levels like you from dying in this game." "Too many people have died that I know, or have heard of, and players like you, those who have a harder time getting to where you want.""I am here to aid you in getting you there, think of me as a Guardian Angel or Archangel, I try to keep some of the players here safe and secure." "And your one of the players I can help in anyway possible." He said to her, looking at her with his sapphire blue eyes, his white hair dancing before him, and his sword dangling behind him, as the wind picked up and his eyes lite up when the sun hit them.

~Party~

Rolland: 28/29 HP

(-1 HP) Boars attack

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 6] #ID 11084

[boar takes 1 damage]

[5 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

~Enemy~

Boar: -1/4 HP (1 Point of Damage) [Dead]

(-5 HP) Rollands attack/kill

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 3] #ID 11084

[Rolland takes 0 damage]