(PP-F2) Two Silences (Sakura)

Arekkusu was walking down the second floor. It had been a while since he had gone to such a low floor other than floor one. Arekkusu looked at all the people, happy once again. And once again, he wasnt as happy as they were. Nowadays, he liked to keep to himself and seal all his words in his mouth. No one needed to listen to him if they didn't ask. Ask and you shall receive. It was as simple as that, yet no one asks, so no one received. Yet, they all look at him sometimes thinking he is weird, hypocrites. Arekkusu then stood in the middle of town square and closed his eyes. He was going to daydream at least like any normal person, standing randomly with his eyes closed.

I had just reached the second floor. Apparently I was in a town called Urbarus. It seemed nice enough and everyone seemed to be busy. I looked at the architecture of the buildings with complete amazement. Considering this was a game it was difficult to tell the difference between what was real at what wasn't. A group of people began to walk past me and I felt extremely wary and uncomfortable. I hated crowds and wanted so desperately to escape. I pulled my hood up of my blue a white hooded jacket and made a dash for an alley across the street.

Arekkusu then heard a Whoosh sound occur while he was daydreaming. He looked to the side to see a familiar coat going through the alley. Arekkusu was a bit nervous, but he walked over to that area anyways to see who it might be that just entered there, hoping it wasn't who he thought it was. He saw a person in the alley alone, and it was sadly the person he didn't want to see like that. "Hey Sakura." Arekkusu said to Sakura as she remained still. "Its me, Arekkusu, you know, the only other person who likes to be alone."

I looked up at the sound of a voice, one I was familar with thankfully. I looked up to see a boy around 14 years of age looking at me. He spoke in a gentle voice, almost as if he understood me. I stared at him for a moment before I leaned against the wall and slid down it sighing heavily. "Wow I'm so glad I escaped the crowds, it's so scary." I mumered quietly. I looked at him again observing him wondering why he had followed me.

I guessed that to anyone else a girl running away from a crowd and into an alley on both previous meetings was a little strange to most people so I decided I needed to explain myself to help the boy understand. "I ... Uhm ... I'm ... Urr ... I'm afraid of crowded places." I finally managed to say and buried my face in my knees in embarrassment.

I looked up at his question. It caught me off guard terribly and I wasn't sure how to answer at first. I had spent my life being betrayed by those I thought were friends and having people make fun of me. I only really trusted my brother Sousuke who had done his best to look out for me. He was two years younger than me but always played the older sibling role. I was beaten from time to time by our father and told I was useless and a waste of space by everyone at school. "When you have been betrayed as much as I have it's hard not to" I said quietly to him wondering how he would respond.

He had atleast made some sense when he made that analogy. I think it was more to do with the fact he was my brothers friend however that I felt I could atleast trust him a little. It wasn't the kind of trust that you throw out there randomly either. There was something about him I could relate to so easily that I didn't fear him. He was almost like my brother in many ways, the way he approached me and spoke to me. "Your my brothers friend I find myself wanting to trust you for reasons I dont understand myself." I told him.

"I see..." Arekkusu said vaguely to Sakura. She made just enough sense for him to leave that conversation at that. Arekkusu worried a little for her and leaned his head against the wall. Anything he would do for a nice drink at the current moment. He then looked to Sakura. "Tell me something Sakura... I'm a bit concerned about something."

I looked at the ground at his question. I guess i should have seen it coming, after all 'she' did escape when i met them the first time. It was part of who i was sadly. I thought about his question and how best to answer it, and came to the conclusion that the truth would be the best option he was my brothers friend after all so whats the worst that can happen. ''I ... I was diagnosed with split personality disorder when i was 15. The doctors said that my other self ... She was created as a defence mechanism to help me to cope with what had happened to me and anything that caused me stress. I was on medication for it for a time but the side effects caused more personalities to emerge while at the same time suppressing the aggressive one. I decided to stop taking the medicine when i was 17 and things got better eventually but 'Dark Sakura' remained inside me and switches places with me whenever something that my normal self cant handle happens.'' i explained hoping he would at least understand.

Arekkusu knew the feeling. He used to have a certain darkness that controlled Arekkusu when Arekkusu was so mad. It would try to destroy anything in its way, buy cowers in situations in which not even it could handle, makeing Arekkusu suffer in the end. Arekkusu fought off the enemy and killed it, the darkness no longer a threat in Arekkusus eyes. Arekkusu looked to Sakura and grinned a little. "I know the feeling." Arekkusu said to her, trying to comfort her. "I had my own darkness, but it was born into me naturally, I lived with it my whole life... But i was able to kill it..."

I looked away from him. I appreciated the sentiment and for the most part i would have loved his help, but the doctors had told me the problem lay much deeper than simply beating the darker side of me. She was apart of me and she helped more than hindered plus she wasn't going to simple get up and leave just like that. It was something i needed to figure out on my own. ''Sorry i ... I'm glad you want to help but not right now, She is a part of who i am and it is something i need to do on my own ... but if i ever need help ill ask.'' i told him blushing slightly at the thought that maybe he cared more for than i originally thought. 

"I'm not taking no for an answer." Arekkusu said as he smiled. He then gripped Sakura hand and ran out of the ally. "I'm going to show you that you aren't the only person in the world. People aren't that bad! I swear it to you. You just need to take the time to know them and decide on whether or not they would be good friends. We are about to exit the alley, and I expect you to make friends before returning to the alley."

The boy was looking the other direction as i felt 'her' coming forward. I saw my blue bangs turn to midnight black and the hair that i could see that belonged to me, that was blowing in the wind giving a slight view it also followed suit. From the transformation i could tell i had become Dark Sakura and my usual timid and calm self was pushed out, taken over by the aggressive and sadistic version of my self.

I snatched my arm out of the boys grasp and backed away a little glaring at him with my purple eyes. ''What the hell gives you the right to tell me what to do huh?'' he said to him with spite clear in my voice. Sakura would have hated to talk to someone like that, but right now she had no control over her own body a dark eviler version of myself was in control at the moment. I grinned ever so slightly at his shocked expression showing him my fang.