[SP-F6] Final Words «The Gemini»

«The Gemini»

An NPC with no name appears before you when you are adventuring. He challenges you to a friendly duel and promises magnificent rewards if you win. However, once you begin the duel, you realize that it is a duel to the death! His name appears and he is revealed to be the Gemini, and then he transforms into you.

Sol began to tread through floor he swore to never return to the vibrant nightmare he faced and the events that unfolded afterward truly left quite a mental scar in his mind. “I need to see…†He slowly stepped forth through the amazon forest, avoiding the village completely and making his way to the same spot he fought himself through the waterfall. Once Sol began to near the Waterfall of the Sage, he heard a distant sound of footsteps following him. Completely ignoring the sound, Sol presses onward, figuring his mind playing tricks on him to instill fear in his mind. 

The waterfall’s roar could be heard now, growing louder and louder as Sol grows closer to his destination. “…†He steps forth into the small arena that he fought his shadow. Bringing back that vivid memory of a huge cat beast facing against him. Sol began to shiver once he stood in the middle of the area. That slight fear growing of what if his shadow returns for a second strike, heart rate increasing. Sol reached for the ribbon on tied on his wrist, touching the velvet red cloth dangling there for a sign of comfort. “Think of her… She is with me… Always…†He muttered to himself. 

His heart rate decreased back into a calm manner after touching the ribbon that wrapped delicately, yet firmly around his wrist. Sol took a deep breath and faces the waterfall, seeing his reflection. He began to think. “What if my meditation got rid of that… thing?†Sol started to put his mind that his shadow was indeed gone, sighing some in relief. Sol began to laugh to himself. “Man, I really am just a bit weird. Thinking some shadow can really take me over.†

A voice rang out to Sol’s ears, startling him greatly. “Excuse me!†Sol jumped and stumbled back and tripped hitting the ground on his ass. “Ow… Huh?†The figure before Sol was human for sure, thank god. The Human figure upon closer inspection was wearing a hood, male, about the same size as Sol, and almost sounded like him too, but his voice was a bit deeper than Sol’s. The NPC smiled from under the cloak, “Can I propose something to you adventurer?†Sol continued to examine what the NPC was wearing and the stuff he had equipped. Same spear… Same… Everything… Sol began to panic slightly. “Wh-What is it?†His voice quivered some once he responded to the NPC.

“Well lad, I just want to test the strength of fellow players that pass through. Just a Simple duel is all.†He stated, as the NPC placed a hand on his hip as if waiting for an answer. After a moment of silence, the NPC spoke once again, “Do you accept? The Terms are easy and simple, Duel to half health and if you win, you get some good rewards for defeating me!†Sol began to relax a little hearing his happy tone. “Well, I guess a duel won’t hurt. Half health you said right?†Sol asked to confirm his terms.

The NPC chuckled. “Yeah, Half health. Simple right? Skills are allowed, and no healing items. The duel will automatically shave off what damage passes half health. How’s that sound?†Sol Stood to his feet and brushed off his behind. “Yeah, sounds good. I accept.†The NPC smiled. “Great! Let me set up the duel.†He began to set up the parameters for the duel by sliding down menus and sending the request over to Sol.

[Gemini requests a Duel]

[Accept?]

[ X       O ]

Sol blinks at the name. “Gemini?† Sol accepts the duel without really preparing. “…Gemini… That means…†Just as Sol realized what the word Gemini meant the NPC named Gemini dashed forward at Sol.

[6553] BD = 4; 2+2   MD = 5; 3+2

Gemini draws a spear and thrusts forward at Sol, the force behind it with great precision. Sol drew his spear in the nick of time to Parry the blow with his spear, the tips of the weapon’s blades colliding and sending the both of them back from the impact. Sol stumbled back a few feet and readies himself, only to see what lies under the hood of his opponent. Sol’s heartrate increased when he saw… himself, in true form. The Gemini’s cloak fell off when he flipped back into position and prepared another attack. “Quick! I like that! This will be a good fight!†He said as Sol was still in shock at what he saw before him.

[both Miss]

[sol is afflicted with Fear] (-1 ACC)

Sol 23/23

Gemini 23/23

[6555] BD = 3; 2+2 (-1 Fear)    MD = 1 (auto fail)

The Gemini charges Sol once again, as Sol retaliates with a parry once again. He was able to block attacks but… he wasn’t quite able to comprehend what was happening, let alone go on the offensive. “…Gemini, Twin.†Sol muttered to himself. “This isn’t a shadow… this is just an NPC…†Sol stepped back once he blocked the attack, not making an offensive move just yet. Sol wanted to study what was happening more. The Gemini Spoke aloud to Sol. “Come on! Can’t win if you don’t attack!†He said in a cheerful voice. This put a strange feeling in Sol’s mind, something was off about this NPC. But what was it…?

[both miss]

[sol recovers from Fear]

Sol 23/23

Gemini 23/23

[6556] BD = 7; 5+2    MD = 7; 5+2

Sol continues to wait for an opening for the Gemini to strike, watching his every move, surely he doesn’t copy his exact style of combat… right? As sol began to doubt his thoughts, The Gemini rushed in for another strike. Stabbing Sol in the shoulder, red particles flying forth from his fresh wound. Sol winces in pain and counters with a slash of his own, hitting the Gemini across the chest. The Gemini pulls back his spear and retreats back to a safe distance and glared at Sol. “Good shot lad, Next time won’t be so lucky though…â€

[sol deals 8 DMG to Gemini]

[Gemini deals 8 DMG to Sol]

Sol 18/23 [-5]

Gemini 15/23 [-8]

[6557] BD = 12; 10+2  MD = 1 (Auto Fail)

Sol continues to wait out his opponent, being on the defensive. As the Gemini rushes in for yet another attack, Sol sees an opening perfect to punish his opponent! Sol reels back a strike. As the Gemini lunges forth, he notices Sol’s attack already in-place and on Target, The Gemini smirks as he is punished with a direct thrust of Sol’s spear. The Strike launching him backward and onto the ground of the arena. Sol retracts his spear from the attack and sees the Gemini’s Health still in Yellow. When it should have been red if it wasn’t a true duel.

[sol Critical’ed for 10 DMG to Gemini]

[Gemini Missed]

Sol 17/23 [+2 Life Steal on Crit]

Gemini 12/23 [-3] [7 Negated due to Duel Terms]

Sol stands straight as he lets out a sigh of relief when the NPC’s health was still in yellow even after that devastating attack. The Gemini kicked himself up and brushed himself off. “BRAVO! That was absolutely Splended!†He remarked about Sol’s strike. “That was quite the amazing strike lad.†Gemini walked closer in a relaxed manner, still holding his weapon. Sol smiled at the NPC. “T-Thanks… I guess. It was a new tactic I’m trying out… Wanted to see if it would work better or me. I guess it did.†Sol said. Gemini walked up to Sol and held out his hand to shake with him. “Gotta say, you did quite amazing.â€

Sol reached his hand out and shook the hand of his opponent. As they shook hands, The Gemini gave a devious smirk, then impaled Sol on his spear, getting in a free shot on Sol while he was unaware. Sol knew something was off, but his gut feeling just wasn’t quite quick enough to catch it in time. Before Sol realized it he was stabbed. The Gemini spoke to Sol, “But I’m the best there is at what I do…†His voice dark and full of malice. The Gemini kicked Sol off of his spear as Sol flew backward onto his back, taking further damage now.

[Gemini got a sneak attack, dealing 5 DMG to Sol]

Sol 12/23 [-5]

Gemini 12/23

Sol Rolled around in a bit of pain, holding his stomach then crawling backward to recover from the strike. Sol got to his feet and glared at the Gemini. “You abuse the duel system… to kill… Players…†Sol said as he was beginning to feel as if he was running out of breath. The Gemini laughed as he stated to Sol. “It’s the perfect fail-safe for a Player killer, And I’m here to teach Player killers this method. That’s MY purpose.†The Gemini dashes at Sol with another attack. “And I plan on showing them this technique or kill trying!â€

[6558] BD = 10; 8+2  MD = 9; 7+2

Sol thrusts his spear forward at the Gemini, though the Gemini also strikes Sol as well, both of them now in dangerous situations. “Ngh! I can’t!  I can’t LOSE!†Sol shouted at the Gemini, the both of them on each other’s blade. Sol grabs the Gemini’s spear and pulls it out as the Gemini does the same to Sol, The both of them staggering back away from each other. Sol began to think of memories he had, recent ones. This floods his mind now as he began to be put into a daze as time around him began to stand still for a few moments.

[sol hits Gemini for 8 DMG]

[sol heals for 2 DMG from Life Steal]

[Gemini hits Sol for 5 DMG]

Sol 7/23 [-5] [+2]

Gemini 4/23 [-8]

~FLASHBACK~

“Hey Sol, give me your hand. And Close your Eyes!â€

“Alright they are closed.â€

“There we go, This ribbon is a symbol of our promise to one another. We are in this together, we will make it out together.â€

“You… got me this? I, I don’t know what to say… Thank you…â€

“Want to know what the best part is? The ribbon isn’t whole, so the promise won’t be complete without the other half… See?â€

[6560] BD = 4; 2+2   MD = 11; 9+2

The Gemini rushed Sol once again, stabbing him directly in his chest. Sol remained standing there, staring at the Gemini as his thoughts flushed through his mind. “This is it... This is where Bastion Wight… Comes to an End… †Sol was impaled and nearly drops his spear, Close to giving up. But before he loses his grip, another memory crosses into his mind.

“You know I do care a lot about you, right?â€

[sol Misses]

[Gemini hits Sol for 6 DMG] (Critical)

Sol 1/23 [-6]

Gemini 4/23

[6563] BD = 10; 8+2  MD = 10; 8+2

Sol grips his spear so he doesn’t drop it onto the ground. “I… promised…†Sol’s hand grab ahold of the Gemini’s spear that was impaled into Sol and holds it in place. “I will… not… die…†The Gemini attempts to pull his spear out of Sol but can’t seem to get his weapon back from Sol’s grasp. “I like her… I want to see her…†Sol raises his spear and aims it directly at the Gemini’s head. The Gemini continues to try and pull back his spear but fails. Sol mutters his last words. “…I love her. And you aren’t stopping me from breaking this promise!†Sol shoves his spear into the Gemini’s head, killing the NPC on impact.

[sol hits Gemini for 8 DMG]

[Gemini dies]

Sol 1/23

Gemini -4/23 [Dead] [-4]

Shards of data explode as he was still impaled with the spear he held onto from the Gemini. Sol staggers as he slowly kneels down and begins to breath heavily. “… I promised…†Sol slowly pulls out the spear, trying to be as careful as he can be. He successfully pulls the spear out of his torso and pulls off his promise band and uses it on the wound. Hoping that the pixels of red would stop. “…No… I don’t want to die… Not without hearing her voice. One last time.†He watched his red health bar slowly lower. “….†Sol used the precious moments to bring down the menu and pull up a message box with the recipient, Destiny.

Sol began to type the words of his will in the message,

Dear, Destiny.
                If you receive this, I’ve regrettably passed on. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise to you. I’ve failed as a friend and can’t be there through your hard times. But I do want to let you know that you are the last thought in my mind. And I wanted to say this to you for so long but couldn’t gather the courage to say it before you. So I’ll say it now. I love you, and this is the truth. It’s been on my mind ever since you saved me from my shadow. But since I’m gone now, you needed to know. So don’t let this stop yourself from doing great things. Keep going Diana. I know you can help save everyone. You’ve become so strong and I am so proud of you.

Sincerely, Bastion Wight

Sol finished his message and hit send on the box. And help onto his promise Band as he awaited his final moment.

As Sol continued to kneel there holding onto the Promise band for dear life… He began to notice… he was still alive. Sol blinked, looking up at his HP bar, it was still red but wasn’t decreasing. “... I’m… Alive?†Sol looked around, It was still the Waterfall of the Sage. His wounds were still there. He smiled, “Thank you, god.†He began to cry for a moment as he started to praise being alive for this much longer. Unfortunately, Sol had forgot about the message he just sent. 

Sol slowly came to his feet after a good 30 minutes of remaining there. He recovered a little bit of his health and decided to begin his trip to return to the town and teleport back to Floor 1. “I really need to Honor my promises… No more dangerous adventuring for me… I need to go back, relax, and talk with my frie-AHH F*CK!†He shouted. Sol swiped down the menu and pulled up the message box once again. He saw that the message he wrote, really did go through all the way to her inbox… and once it was done, there was no going back. “… Uh oh…†Sol pulled up another message box and sent the simple words. “Nevermind…†Sol gulped and sent the message, knowing death would be right around the corner once he got back into safe territory of Floor 1.