[SP-F2] Long Live the Queen

Equipment: Rapier (+3 Damage) and Red Robe (+2 Damage Mitigation and +1 Accuracy)

HP: 13/13

Base DMG of 5 = 4 (Rapier) + 1 (Weapon Skill)

Base MIT of 3 = 2 (Armor) + 1 (Armor Skill)

Monsters in this thread deal a base damage of 2 (Wind Wasps), 3 (Wind Wasp Knights), 4 (Wind Wasp Queen), and 4 (Wind Wasp Heir). This quest is honestly easier than I was expecting, I bumped up the damage dealt, included some mobs before the boss and added an heir to the end to kick Red out of the nest. Let it be known that the heir would drop normal loot and not the Stinger, figured it'd tie into the respawning field boss part.

Red had heard the rumors about the Wind Wasps recently, though it seems as if everyone had heard about it before her. Some people had claimed that they actually saw the Queen and people were ranting and raving about it in town, but Red wasn't interested in people trying to brag about witnessing it first hand. Half of them were just trying to act cool about it, while the other half were only further altering the rumor to their benefits. It was too much of a mess to worry about, Red just wasn't that socially accepting yet, but she definitely was interested in learning more about the Queen.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She joined a group of players that were hanging around the NPC owned pub on the second floor, where the Queen was actually spotted. She listened in on their conversation, but a few bits of chatter were missed out since she was in the back and everyone was equally as enthusiastic about it as the spokesman. He raised his hand, pointing high to the sky, "It was about thirty eight meters high! The stinger was at least six meters on its own, it was huge! I couldn't..." The chit chat among the crowd came to an uproar, droning out the spokesman, but he seemed to still be caught up in speaking.

Once she could hear him well enough again, it turned out he had stopped describing the Queen itself. Is it really THAT big? I haven't dealt with any monsters bigger than myself before, that's just humongous... He was now referring to the first findings of the Queen, "Yeah, I was a part of the group that fought them. We were-" Though someone blatantly interrupted him, "What was the name of your group?" He avoided the question, "Shut up, I'm telling the people what they want to hear. I'll answer questions at the end, okay bub?" He gave him a menacing scowl and the member of the audience went quiet.

"Now, back to what I was talking about before I was so rudely interrupted." He cleared his throat, acting as if he was of a higher standing, "Me and my group were on our usual hunting run, though we decided we'd farm the wind wasps instead of the wild boars on this floor. After we farmed a good hundred or two wind wasps, everything went silent." As if on cue, everyone that was talking amongst themselves hushed, "There was no humming of the wasps, they were letting us pass into the hive. They watched every step we took until we entered, then the humming picked back up as they flew restlessly around the hive."

"Oh, but that's not all, ladies and gentlemen. We then met the Queen," cue the expected shocked gasps of the crowd, "I've already told you about her, but we beat her, nice and easy. We're a strong group and I'm a great leader, if I do say so myself." Red could overhear someone mutter, "Yeah, right. You couldn't even tell us the name of the group..." However, everyone else seemed to believe every word he said, she'd have to take his words for guidance. If that's how it really went down, even if it wasn't him or his group that did it, this was the only lead that she had.

[7023] 1 - 1 - 6 - 2

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 7/7

Without wasting any more time, she took her exit and began heading towards the wind wasps. Obviously, the fact of the matter came down to whether or not these rumors were even true to begin with. If the boy was lying about it, which she could only assume, that meant she'd have to use the rumors as her lead. However, the boy sounded like he was recycling them himself. She'd just have to take a first hand account on what was bound to happen. Once she made it there, she got right to work on farming some Wind Wasps to bait the Queen's appearance or, at the very least, make her way into the hive.

[7024] 10 - 7 - 4 - 4

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 0/7 ... 1 material

The Wind Wasp was extremely quick, more so than any of the other monsters that Red had encountered in the game thus far. The boars, wolves, and even the snake was slow as molasses compared to this. Where there was a will, there was a way though and she had the will to meet the Queen herself. When the Wind Wasp flew down close enough, Red had the opportunity to strike and did so, landing a critical hit and slaying the wasp in a single strike, "Wow, that'd make it pretty easy if I could kill these things in a single hit." If she did, then it would be no time before she encountered the Queen.

[7025] 8 - 11 - 2 - 9

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 2/7

She didn't have to chase down another as one witnessed the end of his fallen comrade. It rushed down and struck her in the side as she tried to jump out of the way, landing a blow, but in return, she was able to strike it while it was still within close range itself. She took a step back and it flew up before she realized what had happened, "Wow, I didn't take any damage from that?" She couldn't believe it, armor and skills made quite a noticeable difference. Between her ability to one hit KO these mobs and absorb all their damage, she was going to be having a field day here.

[7026] 2 - 12 - 14 - 10

[___] 12/13

[Wind Wasp] 2/7

At least, she thought she was going to be having a field day. She readied herself for the next swoop, but she missed as it slowed itself down. It got her right in her chest and inflicted a single point of damage, "Guess these things aren't all that weak." It wasn't much of an improvement of difficulty, but it was nice to know that she needed to be careful and keep an eye on her health. Speaking of keeping an eye on things, she looked around to check to see if a swarm had formed yet. Luckily, it hadn't because she would be vastly outnumbered and outpowered pretty quickly if that was the case.

[7027] 9 - 2 - 16 - 4

[___] 12/13

[Wind Wasp] 0/7 ... +1 material, +35 Col

As programmed, it flew back down, repeated the same formula attack and fell prey to her swift rapier, "Two down, ninety eight to go..." She shrugged her shoulders, having to slay even a hundred, which the boy had exclaimed was the minimum number of wind wasp kills required, was going to take all afternoon and night. Plus, she didn't even have a partner, let alone a group like the original founders had. Speaking of which, that brought another important piece of thought to her mind, "Wait a minute... Maybe this isn't such a good idea to fight a field boss on my own." After all, little was known about it.

[7028] 6 - 5 - 16 - 7

[___] 12/13

[Wind Wasp] 2/7

She picked up the pace and ran after a wind wasp that was hovering rather low, while keeping her train of thought. If he was right about them being such a strong group, then is it even feasible that I try to fight all the Wind Wasps and Queen on my own? There was a chance that it was even more powerful than everyone was gossiping about and what if it had something like paralysis? She was only a level 5 at this point, which meant she couldn't take many hits before suffering the consequences. She'd give it some heavy consideration while fighting the wasps as she brought the next Wind Wasp into battle.

[7029] 8 - 12 - 15 - 9

[___] 13/13

Before the wasp had the chance to fly away, she'd lunge at it once again finishing it off. It was amazing to see how much of a difference that a little training could do. Just over a week ago, these things would have brought her down to her last hitpoint, while now, they weren't able to make a dent in her currently maxxed out health. The Battle Healing skill was definitely her favorite one so far, allowing her to remain in combat longer. It'd surely be able to help her out when she goes on some material gathering hunts and certain bosses and mobs like what she was facing now.

[7030] 6 - 9 - 18 - 7

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 2/7

The next one was more than willing to get things started off quick too, successfully striking Red and doing absolutely no damage. She'd return the hit, of course, as the wasp fly back up. However, as he went high into the air, she noticed that some of the nearby wasps were spectating the fights. It wasn't anything like a swarm, but they were making certain patterns of movements, almost as if they were dancing. She assumed they were cheering on their losing comrade, but without a doubt, they were communicating to the other wasps around them that trouble was afoot.

[7031] 8 - 2 - 16 - 8

[___] 13/13

She took the final strike on the wasp, ending it's life. That was four wasps down now, but there was far more than that hovering far above her head. She couldn't tell if they were going to strike her, though it was clear that they weren't going to leave her alone. She had just slain four of their hive's drones and, while it wasn't a truly significant impact by any means, it was still enough to catch there attention. She noticed one in particular was beginning to get antsy and began moving back and forth, almost as if it was hesitating to attack. She called out, thinking it'd understand the challenge, "Come on, I'm down here!"

[7032] 7 - 12 - 2 - 4

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 2/7

The twenty or so wasps that had gathered in the sky seemed to react with an uproar, creating an orchestra of humming as it encouraged their fellow hive member to defeat the intruder. It flew down and kept a bit of distance from the girl, being the first wasp to not attack so eagerly. She knew that this one in particular had to be pretty nervous about fighting her so she ran forwards, making the wasp start to fly back in an attempt to dodge her attack, but it wasn't quick enough. She poked her and slid underneath the stinger of the wasp, ready to strike once again.

[7033] 9 - 2 - 5 - 10

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp] 0/7 ... +1 material

Without any hesitation, she lunged her rapier in the air, finishing off the weak willed wind wasp. By now, there were a good fifty or so wind wasps crowded in the air space, creating a solid and oddly calming hum. They turned towards the north, where the hive was as two armored wasps flew towards them. They had to be the next step to the Queen, but she had no idea if they were some sort of guard or royal knight, though she knew she had to beat them. She returned to her fighting stance and waited for each of them to fly down to their own demise, they shouldn't be too difficult.

[7034] 1 - 11 - 18 - 10 and [7035] 1 - 8 - 7 - 7

[___] 11/13

[Wind Wasp Knight] 7/7

[Wind Wasp Knight] 7/7

Well, she thought that it wasn't going to be much of a difference, but that turned out to change rather quick. She wasn't going to be fighting these wasps one on one, but rather, one on two. They both were slightly faster than the regular wasps that she had fought before causing her to miss her hit on both of them as they circled around her. The first one to strike had actually inflicted two damage, much to her surprise, but the second hadn't inflicted anything even though it was a direct hit, "Well, I guess you guys aren't much tougher than the other wasps. Let's get this show on the road."

[7036] 1 - 2 - 6 - 8 and [7037] 1 - 12 - 14 - 7

[___] 12/13

[Wind Wasp Knight] 7/7

[Wind Wasp Knight] 7/7

She chased the first one down, hoping to catch it in time, but the second wasp caught her in the side as she lost track of where he went. Then, when she went to lunge her rapier at the second one, the first one caught her in the back. Neither of them did damage this time, which meant that they could only land damage on a critical hit. She was learning, slowly but surely, the way of the game. It was amazing how important it was to know all this stuff and she wished she had someone to teach her, but she wasn't so sure she'd find anyone like that. Especially with the way she acted around people.

[7039] 5 - 2 - 1 - 4 and [7040] 10 - 7 - 5 - 2

[___] 12/13

[Wind Wasp Knight] 2/7

[Wind Wasp Knight] 0/7 ... +1 material

The tables would be quickly turned as the wasps flew in for another 'attack from both sides' strategy. She took a small leap fowards, stabbing the first wasp and destroying the thing in a single hit, "I guess that armor was just for show, huh." The second one backtracked by turning around and attacking from a different angle, but she took this leap backwards, creating a promising opportunity that she took up on. With one out and the second one down to one last hit, it would be pretty easy to continue on to the next part of the hive. She didn't want to spend too long doing it though so she had to finish him off soon.

[7041] 5 - 11 - 17 - 9

[___] 13/13

[Wind Wasp Knight] 0/7 ... +1 material, +35 Col

The wasp flew upwards, damaged and powerless in this one-sided battle, but between the humming of the wasp drones above and its duty as a knight of the hive, it flew back downwards. That would be grossly understating the attack though, considering that it was diving stinger first in Red's direction. All it would take was a simple side step for the wasp to miss and get stuck in the ground for a moment, allowing Red to finish it off. As the knight disappeared, the humming became slightly hushed and the rest of the wasps around went on their way. She had obtained their recognition as a notable fighter.