(PP-F8) The Dark Knight Falls (Shark and Ryu)

It has been a long time waiting since i had spoken to Shark but i knew one day id see him again, as long as he hadnt fallen victim to the relentless killing this game has dealt to us in the past months. Shark was a tough guy and i knew nothing in this game could ever bring that man down. Shark was one of the first players i met in this hellish game but he helped me survive the first four floors. Today we are supposed to meet in the main city on the 8th floor just above the gigantic forest. Dmitri said something about a knight dressed in all black armor and is supposed to hold some sacred weapon or some key to defeating enemies faster than what we already have but again, im stubborn and told him i dont believe him seeing as he didnt have any proof except for the people who watched their friends explode into millions of diamond shards just before their very eyes.

I walked outside of the in with my Vice Commander gear on and my katana at my side with Vlad (the mouse) perched up on my shoulder. The poor guy cant do anything but id feel bad not allowing him to tag along on any adventure i went on so i figured today was a great day to allow him to watch his master in actions.

Hmm...Shark should be here at any moment, though ive noticed a lot more of the cute girls walking around this game...wonder if any of them know of me...nah, i havent left the first 6 floors until today, which then in turn means....hmmm. I pretty much muttered to myself, except when i heard someone clear their throat behind me, as if to indicate they heard every word i said. I turned around to find Shark standing there looking at me and all i could do was smile at my best friend.

Hey there bud, its been a long time since ive seen the lead of the KoC,.....you uh....didnt happen to hear any of those things i said...did you? i asked nervously

*** The Day Before ***

I was on my regular patrol, finishing up the 9th floor when I got a message from my long lost pal who I haven't heard from for quite some time. Hmm... guess it's time to meet up and go on some crazy adventure. I said to myself as I made my way to the closest restaurant and got a drink. It was a long do for me so I figured I could use a couple before I went back to my inn. 

*** Today ***

I woke up and put on my usual attire that represents my guild and grabbed a bite to eat before meeting up with Ryu. I then made my way to the teleporter and went to the main town of the 8th floor. I searched around for Ryu until I found him, zoned out and looking at all the players that walked by. I had an idea what he was thinking but did not want to make any assumptions. I then walked up behind him as I heard him mutter some words. Half of my suspicions were correct but I didn't catch all of it so I cleared my throat loud enough so he heard it. He turned around and asked if I heard any of that. Hey there pal. I only heard about half but had my suspicions before I came up behind you. You are one sly guy.... you know that? I said as I went up next to him and put my arm around his shoulder. So what's new bud. Feels like it's been ages since I saw you last. I said as we walked over and sat on a bench.

I chuckled with the man and sat down next to him on the bench pulling out a bottle of water and a piece of bread with some cream on it and began eating and drinking in moderation. As i munched he said something about me being Sly and the only thing i could think about was a raccoon thief that was very successful at completing his mission.

Im sly? I would never have figured, especially since i havent seen May at all and she is no longer on my friends list... Anyway, nothings new except i think this band is totally useless now i said taking it off and disposing of it into the fountain in front of us. 

It does seem like it has been a very long time since we've seen each other and with respective guild clothing on, i think its time i release why i asked you to come meet me here today. So...apparently there is a character...or boss...or something down there in a castle like area in the deep dark forest known as the Dark Knight, said to hold a super item if he is defeated....Dmitri likes to over hype these thing but ya know...we'll have to see whats actually there but...if we get lucky haha maybe we'll have rescued a princess at the top of the tower HAHA!! i explained hoping that it made enough sense.

I stood up after downing what was left of my water and began to set myself in the way a normal knight would trying to save a high class woman. I needed to at least be presentable, not that Shark seemed to care nor would it have mattered.

So Sir Shark...lets shove off and save the day! I exclaimed taking a heroic pose not caring who made fun of me at that point in time. And before i knew it, we were off.

We sat and talked for a bit and before I knew it, we were taking off for our adventure. I started thinking about my guild, So how much health does this thing have anyways? I asked Ryu as I looked over my guild member list. As we continued walking I took out some snacks from my inventory and ate along the way.

I couldn't help but continue to think on why Ryu threw the ring into the fountain. No one knows what happened to May, not even Heathcliff knows what happened. I am curious on what happened to May. I asked myself.

Dmitri gave me a gigantic list of feats that the Dark knight was capable of. I looked over the list very carefully to look for the health of the knight.

According to my notes the Knight has at least....200 hp! Gosh...he didnt tell me about that before i decided to do this...maybe thats why he told me to not do this alone...or at all...eh. I explained to Shark. Is that going to be a problem? 

I continued to lead us around until i realized i was looking more at the map than i was at the path and i walked straight into a tree.

GAH! OUCH! i exclaimed aloud as i collided so hard that i dropped my map and fell on my butt and almost rolled onto my back.

I was walking and thinking while Ryu told me the boss' HP. That's... a good amount... I said as I paused a bit. Maybe we should invite another player from my guild for additional help? I said as I looked over my menu. I was thinking about either Zero or Celes since those are my two choices for co-leader. I turned to Ryu. I have two players that would be a good fit. I want you to pick either Zero or Celesmeh. Both of which are the top players in my guild... besides me anyway. I chuckled as I watched Ryu walk right into a tree. I fell backwards on the ground and started laughing really hard. It's like driving... keep your eyes on the road and not the phone, or in this case the map. I told him as I checked my equipment.

I turned to my guild page and looked for who was closer at this time. It appeared that both players were about the same distance away from our current location.

I looked to him astonished that he would even think to allow someone else into a group like us, we would never need them. Haha im kidding to even myself now.

Either one will work....you can decide, i dont really know either of them so...I spoke as i laid spread out on the ground trying to let my head recover.

Driving a car? Whats that like? I asked him looking up at him puzzled. I was never privileged with being able to drive a car because my parents were never around nor were either of my sisters. It one thing in life i have yet to experience.

If they are close by then just....message one of them randomly...and we can see who is worthy of whatever you want them for...is this about that second in command thing that i wasnt able to be because i changed my mind about guilds before i joined yours? i asked him quickly after changing my thought. 

I thought about who to invite for the extra help. It came through my mind that I had yet to see Celes in a dire situation so I will send her a message to see if she would like to join. I sent Celes a message with the exact coordinates on where to meet us and to be prepared to be put to the test. 

I looked at Ryu as I closed my menu. I sent Celesmeh a message cuz I want to see how she does in this situation. I said as I kept walking towards our destination. Driving a car is fun but also stressful because of how many idiots are on the road. In comparison to what I said, don't text and drive  because you need to watch where you're going. The same thing applies here but walking instead. I chuckled as I looked back at what happened. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went along the path towards the boss with Ryu. Celes is on her way. I want to see what she can do in the field. Let's end this quickly and go get something to drink. I said as we continued to our destination. We walked a bit further and I caught a glimpse of a player waiting for someone. I assumed it was Celesmeh and I was happy to see that she actually came to take on this boss with us. I turned toward Ryu, Alright bud, you ready? I asked just because I could tell his anticipation to see what we gain from this thing.

I suddenly hopped up from laying on the ground and began trailing my buddy Shark.

Im too young to drink though...i mean i wanna kill this thing as soon as possible. I said kinda nervously.

Suddenly i received a message from my assistant back at the shop. They had just messaged me the new armor that i had started creating last week or so. I began equipping the armor of the Black Rose Knight (check my journal for an idea of its looks). The last thing to don was the dragons mask, which was quick.

I feel like a super hero....is that good....oh well. I said knowing no one but Shark is going to really know who i am.

Alright lets get going. I said in my best batman impression (whoever that is lol)

Ryu just had some armor sent to him so he started to equip it. Looks pretty cool there buddy! Let's hope your fighting style looks as cool as your armor. I said as I joked around with him a bit. I Equipped my typical armor and weapons and readied myself for the fight. We soon met up with Celesmeh, Hey there Celes, glad you could join us. I figured that I haven't really seen you fighting in the field so I thought this would be a good idea to see for myself what you can do. I said as I checked the location for where this monster would be. I turned to Ryu and signaled to lead he way to where this boss is.