[SP-F6] Quest: Calming the Soul

Shinex arrived in the teleportation pad of the sixth floor. He shook his head and opened his eyes. "So this is Amazon huh?" Shinex took a few seconds to look around. Suddenly, there was a spark in his head. His eyes widen. "WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WOMEN!?" I'm gonna get out of here. This is just too awkward from me. Shinex pulled up his ninja mask hoping it'll cover his embarrassment. Why am I freaking out over something so stupid!?

Shinex was walking a path on the sixth floor. He heard the sound of rushing water. "I wonder what that is?" He walked closer towards the sound, and saw a waterfall. "Oh I see." Shinex pulled down his mask. "This is what they call the Waterfall of Sage."

He approached the waterfall and noticed a lot of flat top rocks. He slowly approached one. Is it a good idea to sit? He would think. Shinex finally sat down and stared at the waterfall in front of him. He was very relaxed. He kinda wanted to go to sleep. He pulled up his menu and took out a bottle of water. He drank from it while staring at the waterfall. So, I'm suppose to meditate right? Well, I guess since people are gonna think I'm a ninja I should learn this. The skill could possible help me. Shinex finished his water and got in some meditation position. He was messing around at first, but then got serious. Now how do those monks do it? He closed his eyes and rested his hands in between his legs.

Shinex would open one of his eyes to look at the waterfall. He thought something happened at first, but he was obviously wrong. When he went back to the position he started as during meditation, he groaned. This is too hard. The monks make it look so easy. Do they even think of something? Shinex groaned once again. He actually stayed quiet which was odd at first. He was also holding his breath. He would sit on the flat top rock. Motionlessly he would sit. Then out of the ordinary, he fell backwards and was lying on the ground. Shinex fell asleep...

Shinex opened his eyes and shot straight up. "WHAT HAPPENED!?" Shinex is currently sitting up in front of the waterfall. He looked to his left, then right, then at the sky. "Crap, it's night time. I might as well head back towards Amazon." Shinex got up but then remembered something. "Right... those NPC women." Shinex made sure his mask was on. He looked at his reflection at where the waterfall falls. He messed with his messy hair until he turned it into his original hairstyle. His quiff. He finished up with his hair and headed towards Amazon.

Shinex walked towards the village of Amazon with his light brown hair looking pitch black. After entering the medium sized village, he noticed that barely any NPCs were out. Shinex sighed a sigh of relief. I have no idea why I'm feeling awkward. Maybe it's because the NPC women are beautif- Shinex quickly shook his head and slapped himself once. STOP GETTING DISTRACTED SHINJI, SHINEX, HOWEVER I WANT TO BE CALLED! Shinex sighed again and headed towards the inn. He just felt very energetic for some reason. Seeing the waterfall almost got rid of it. Shinex went into a room and fell on the bed. He's still sleepy.

Shinex woke up and exited the inn. "Time to try out the waterfall again!" He pulled down his mask then noticed all the women. He quickly pulled it back up and exited the village. He eventually pulled his mask down again while he walked the path. "I wonder what kind of monsters are in the area. I really want to check it out."

Shinex wandered off of the path. He unsheathed his new sword from the scabbard attached to the back of his waist. He walked around jungle like floor. He noticed something slithering and followed it. I bet it's a snake!

• Rolled a 7 (+1) on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Shinex: 15/15

Giant Snake: 12/12

Shinex stopped running which causes the giant snake to hear. It turned its head and could smell Shinex. "That's right, snakes don't have that great of a vision." Shinex raised his sword to defend. He waited for the snake's attack. The snake quickly slithered towards Shinex and opened up it's giant jaws. Shinex figured that it was going to bite him. Instead, some liquid sprayed from its mouth and knocked Shinex back. Shinex quickly got up and rushed towards the snake. He went for an uppercut strike. The strike was so quick that the snake was knocked back. "Whoa! I'm gonna love this sword!"

Shinex: 11/15 (-4)

Giant Snake: 7/12 (-5)

ID: 7243 MD: 1

The snake quickly recovered and tried to headbutt Shinex in the stomach. Shinex jumped on its head and ran forward. The snake wasn't able to stop its motions in time and banged its head into a tree. The snake collapsed feeling dizzy.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Shinex jumped off of the snake and then ran towards the front. He jumped on top of the snakes head and aimed below him. He was ready for his X Strike Combo (Yes I made a name for it). He sliced diagonally both ways then sliced downward. An X was formed. Then the last strike made a vertical slash. The snake shattered causing Shinex to fall through. He sheathed his sword and glared at where the snake's head was. He wasn't very happy with the damage he took.

Giant Snake: 0/7 (-7)

ID: 7244 LD: 12

Shinex accepted his 60 Col and walked back to the path.

Shinex was walking the path again. I really don't want to fight mobs again. He thought to himself. I'll just stay on the path and hope that mobs won't come by. Shinex made it to the waterfall again. He sat on the rock he sat on before. He didn't get into a meditation position. Instead, he just sat there and looked at the scenery. He was some feet away from the waterfall. If he was pretty closer, he'd be seeing something that he wouldn't want to.

Shinex fell asleep again. He didn't sleep that well during the night. He woke up and it was somewhere around noon. I'm taking a break on this. Shinex got up and walked back to the path. He wanted to look around in the village. He kinda got over the women already. Well, at least he thinks he did. He was walking until he saw a bulky ape in the middle of the path. It looked at him with red glaring eyes. Oh crap! That's definitely an enemy. Shinex unsheathed Dragonic Slicer from his scabbard attached to the back of his waist. He held it with one hand and got into an attacking position.  Let's do this.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Shinex: 15

Ape: 12

Shinex charged the ape. He slashed to his left, then right and kicked the ape back. The ape fell down and got back up. It roared and charged Shinex. It tried to punch Shinex's stomach, but Shinex easily evaded the attack by sliding back.

Ape: 5 (-7)

ID: 7257 BD: 6 (+1)

ID: 7258 LD: 17

Shinex stepped forward and sliced diagonally at the ape. The ape fell backwards. It shattered before hitting the ground. Shinex got a reward of 60 Col from the menu. It was accepted. I wonder if all the apes are like that. I still shouldn't underestimate them. Shinex sheathed his sword and continued towards Amazon.

Shinex approached Amazon. It was true that he was over the women. It was pretty unknown however. He didn't even bother to pull up his mask. Shinex just walked around and looked at all the tents and houses. "Expected from a jungle village." Shinex took a while to look around. He used that as his break and walked back to the path. He walked the path back to the waterfall. He apparently forgot why he came. Maybe it was just to see how the village was like. Maybe it was to see if he got over the women. Doesn't matter though. It's unknown and that's that.

It didn't take long for another mob to get on the path. It was a gorilla this time. Shinex seemed nervous about it. But he shook it off pretty quickly. He was holding onto Dragonic Slicer with one hand.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Shinex: 15/15

Gorilla: 12/12

Shinex rushed the ape very quickly. He sliced downwards on the ape. The ape blocked the sword. It was surprised by Shinex's speed. It used its free hand and tried to punch Shinex's stomach. Shinex was agile enough to dodge the attack. He jumped back and raised his sword for another attack.

ID: 7260 BD: 7 (+1)

ID: 7261 MD: 10

Shinex charged faster than last time. He went for an uppercut swing knocking the gorilla back. Shinex's back faced the gorilla. The mob recovered much quicker than Shinex thought. Shinex's back was punched. It was hard enough to cause Shinex to fly forward and hit a tree. Shinex quickly got up and glared at the gorilla. The mob started clapping its hands with an excited tone. Is it mocking me?

Shinex: 9 (-6)

Gorilla: 7 (-5)

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 (-1) on the d10 (mob) dice.

Shinex was angered from the taunt. He rushed towards the gorilla, raised his sword, then slice through. He quickly turning around remembering his last mistake. The gorilla tried to punch him. Shinex jumped and safely landed on the mob's hand.

Gorilla: 2 (-5)

ID: 7262 BD: 4 (+1)

ID: 7263 MD: 8 (-1)

Shinex ran up the arm. He jumped up and tried to slice down on the gorilla's head. It was failed when the gorilla headbutted Shinex back. He fell on the ground but got up quickly. I need to end this.

Shinex: 5 (-4)

ID: 7264 BD: 10

Shinex needed to finish this. He ran forward. The gorilla got ready to defend. Shinex got close enough and quickly stopped. The gorilla was surprised and stumbled back. Shinex raised his sword for his slashes. He slashed to the left then right. He finished it off with an uppercut slash.

Gorilla: -5 (-7)

ID: 7265 LD: 11

Shinex quickly accepted his 60 Col reward. He ran to the waterfall not wanting to deal with anymore mobs. He luckily didn't encounter any. He sat against one of the rocks and took a nap.

Shinex stood up and stretched. I honestly don't know what else to do. He walked up closer to the waterfall and stared straight at the falling water. His mind was suddenly cleared. Before Shinex reacted, something pushed him back. He stumbled and frantically looked around. "Who's there!?" he'd call out. He went back to looking at the waterfall. This time, there was a reflection. It isn't him though, or maybe it is. The reflection was the same as Shinex. The difference is that the eyes were red and the hair was black as coal. This is Shinex's sins.

"Who are you!? And why do you almost look like me!?" Shinex asked with anger. The reflection just stood there. It didn't say a word. Shinex noticed that it had the same equipment. What he doesn't know is that it won't use them. Shinex pulled out Dragonic Slicer and pointed the bladed at the reflection. "You knocked me back didn't you? I don't know what or who you are. But to me you're just a mob that I need to fight."

"Close enough." The reflection said. Shinex was surprised it spoke. "What I really am is your demons. Your sins. Sins that you most likely cannot atone." Shinex's sins stared at Shinex with its red eyes.

"In that case, Sins." Shinex didn't know what else to call his reflection. "I'm taking you down." Shinex pulled up his mask and glared at Sins.

Sins stared back showing no emotions. "You're continuing to be selfish right?"

Shinex tilted his head in confusion. "What?"

"I am you. Except I am made out of all your sins. You were always selfish. Choosing yourself over others." Sins would reply.

"That's not true! I try my best to protect my friends."

"You limit yourself Shinji." Sins would continue to stare.

"You know my name!?" Shinex yelled.

"Remember, I am you. Your sin is greed. You don't care about anyone but yourself. That is why you ran away from the orphanage and left all your "friends" behind."

Shinex was even angrier. He raised his sword for an attack as he glares at Sins.

ID: 7279 BD: 7 (+1)

Shinex: 15

Sins: 15

"You're dead!" Shinex yelled. He then rushed towards Sins and sliced through him. Sins turned around holding onto his stomach. Shinex turned around with the blade of his sword pointed down. Sins didn't take as much damage as he should. What? He has the same abilities as me?

Sins: 11 (-4)

"So you do try to run away from your sins by attacking me?" Sins continued to stare without moving. "Of course, you are running away from your selfishness."

ID: 7280 MD: 6

Sins used his right hand and pointed it at Shinex. His arm turned pitch black and it would expand. Shinex got knocked back. He quickly got up panting. I should have been able to dodge that. How is he doing this much damage without wielding Dragonic Slicer? "If you're talking about the orphanage, then you're wrong! I didn't have a choice!"

Shinex: 11 (-4)

"You ran away and left your friends. You didn't even think of bringing them with you. That was a choice you made. You could have brought them with you" Sins said as he stood still. Shinex was confused. Sins didn't even try to get into a defensive position.