[PP-F3] Quest for the Hoya (Completed)

Tyger struggled to stay in step with Baldur as they walked, managing only for a few seconds before he did a quick step or long step since he was taller. It would fall out of sync and she'd get frustrated and walk normally until she'd forgotten and fallen back in step with him. 

"I can't take you anywhere, can I?'

She teased, looking forward. As they walked, they'd turn around, go another way, try this corridor and then turn from there... She was mixed up at this point, and wasn't entirely sure where to go. Forward was the only option.

"Supposed to be in the center. Hence why we only needed to fight one Minotaur. But, it heard us and came over to help it's pal. We're probably close to the center by now."

They couldn't be far off, in any case. 

"Broker didn't have a map or any help to get it, just that it's in the center and guarded by two Mini-taurtaur."

Baldur finally stopped and stared down at the map where it hovered in the right side of his peripheral vision.

"Well, if that's true, that we've gotta come up on that turn soon, cause we've almost gone in a complete circle around this place."

He tapped his chin in thought as he studied the map.

"Considering we've gone about three quarters of the way around, then the entrance was either left at the first intersection, or we'll hit it going this way."

He always enjoyed mazes. They used to go and do a corn maze every once in a while back home in America. In fact, there was one so large that people had to call for emergency services in order to get out once they had given up.

"You know, we probably should have bought recall crystals before coming here."

The map didn't seem to help much, being that she couldn't sit down and write it out. She did much better when she was working with her hands, instead of trying to imagine where they'd gone already. Baldur's hypothesis was something she hoped would be right. Hopefully it'd be up here.

"I'm willing to go this way, and hope it's there. Otherwise, we can get back to this spot, and then try the left you were talking about."

She shrugged, letting Baldur take control of the directions for now. She'd hoped if he felt there was an issue, he'd speak up, but sometimes he just kept to himself. 

"I'm much better when I have a map in my hands. Trying to follow this map in my peripherals just hurts my brain."

Tyger never got to do the cornmazes, save a few times. She was always too busy with work or school, and it was something she regretted. It always seemed like fun, but in this atmosphere it was frustrating.

They wandered through the maze, finding many more dead ends, and quite a few times circling back to where they came from until they had finally made it a full circle around the middle of the maze.

Baldur sat down against one of the trees and stared at the map.

"Hmm.. well, we made every left turn we could for that last bit of the circle. I think we should head here, but it obviously doesn't go over here... so it's either going to be a dead end or take us into the middle."

He stood back up, and with the map open in the center of his vision now and led them to the spot he and pointed at on the map. It was not, in fact, a dead end and led them closer to the middle. There were more dead ends now than truly branching paths since they were closer to the middle and less places to go. Eventually, Baldur's smile got larger and larger.

"This is definitely it." They turned one final corner and the large open clearing of the maze's center opened up before them.

Her feet hurt from walking so much, but it couldn't be helped at this point. They were in this until Tyger could convince Baldur once they passed the entrance to just come back again tomorrow with a fresh head, or until they actually found it. Thankfully, the dead ends forced them onto the path where the artifact actually was. She'd let Baldur lead at this point, too brain dead to focus on where they had, and hadn't, been. Baldur's smile was bright enough to illuminate the path for them. As the center room opened up to them, Tyger saw the little stone pedestal where the mystical pendant (that did absolutely nothing, but was still sought after) sat.

"This is it? Man, I don't get it. This thing has people clawing their eyes out for it, and i'm feeling a bit lack lustered at this moment. Why couldn't it have been the Sword of Hoya, or something?"

Tyger wasn't the typical girl, to be sure.

"Either way, you wanna carry it or me? I almost just wanna sell it, make a profit off it's stupid charm."

"Aww... it's pretty though." Baldur smiled as he picked up the pendant. As if he heard something, he suddenly dropped into a crouched stance, ready to run.

"What? No giant boulder to chase us out of here? I almost feel disappointed. Where are Nazi's when you need them?"

Putting the necklace into his inventory, he smiled up at her. "Well, since we went the long way in getting here, we now know the easy way out. Hopefully those minotaur haven't respawned."

Probably due to the nature of the quest, an item without any sentiment attached to it hardly meant anything to her. If Baldur wanted to present it to her one day on a date, or give it to her as a gift, there'd be a bit more value to it. Right now it was just a thorn in her side and bone spurs on her heels. 

"It's pretty, yeah."

She shrugged, indifferent. Jewelry had never really been her thing, unfortunately. Well, probably fortunate for Baldur, anyways.

"Almost thought we'd have to leave something here in place of it so no traps sprang. Guess we lucked out."

She laughed lightly, and thought about the minotaurs.

"Nah, I doubt they'll respawn since we're on a quest. We might be able to come back and farm them depending on respawn time though."

A simple suggestion, but could come in handy in the future.