(PP-F1) «Formal Introductions» (Kiru) (Completed)

Zarryn sat in the middle of a field, staring up at the sky and running his hand along his sword, feeling the curves under his fingers. He was bored, and could think of nothing to do. He saw a stand of hair fall in front of his eye and flipped it back into place. Pink was a nice color, but it was getting tiresome.

As he sat there, he started humming the tune of a childhood song with words he couldn't remember.

As I walked down through my normal route, I stopped short at a surprise. There was a player with pink hair, an interesting choice of color. Pink was a rare color to hair, especially a male player. I walked closer to him and noticed he was humming. I would have complimented his hair if he wasn't so annoying though. His humming was seriously getting on my nerves, so finally I approached him. Oi, be quiet, your gonna give me a headache. I said with a glare and fixed my two toned hair. The left side was getting in the way again. 

Zarryn stopped short as a female voice told him to, well, shut up. He turned his head to look at her and said with a frown, "My apologies, I was just humming, and didn't mean to bother you." He stood up slowly, yawning and stretching before taking a step towards her an bowing gracefully. He said in a relatively friendly tone, "A pleasure go meet you. You can call me Marilyn."

He decided to crack a joke and said slyly, "Don't worry, just because my hair is pink and my name is Marilyn, I'm not a girl."

I kept my glare icy as ever and proceeded to stand with my hands on my hips. I half smirked when he didn't reply in sarcasm, a nice change. Usually the players I had spoken to all responded just as rudely as I had and then well, a fight broke out and insults were thrown. These brawls usually didn't end well in terms of status but they were fun. This however, wasn't the case. He stopped being annoying with the humming, he didn't answer weirdly, but he did do something just as stupid. He did a polite bow and introduced himself. I sighed, knowing that I would just have to humor him for now. Well, Marilyn, I don't see how anyone would mistake you for a girl. I mean pink is totally a manly color, so is the name. If you do want to change your hair color for a bit then I have a potion that changes it for a day. I said, first half of my speech obviously sarcastic. 

Zarryn grinned, this player was funny. She had, in a way, made the joke funnier. He thought the potion was cool, but said, "No, thank you. A day isn't long enough here." He assessed her appearance and came to the obvious conclusion that she was a higher level, but he also noticed that her behavior seemed a touch... irritated? Annoyed? He shrugged, as long as he didn't bother her, it would be okay. Zarryn took a step back and said in a slightly humorous tone, "I guess the bow wasn't really necessary in this situation, was it?"

He was at a loss for words. This player's behavior was different compared to other people he had encountered.

I shrugged when he refused my potion. Personally I beg to differ. A lot can happen in a day here. I could defeat a field boss within a day, get married, or even die in one whole day, the possibilities are really endless in my opinion. I said as I shifted onto my right foot and laughed when he admitted his bow wasn't appropriate. No, it was most definitely uncalled for. Bowing to me again will result with a knee in the face, not joking. I warned in a dead serious tone. Rarely ever did I find myself being bowed to, of being spoken to in such a manner that glowed with politeness. Also, the hair color of this boy was really cool but it reminded me of a certain someone. Mari, the Player Killer. I didn't know what our relationship was at the moment but it in my book, it wasn't a friend. Ceasing the thoughts of other, I returned back to my talk with Marilyn. So, I'm curious. What level are you? I'm a level forty and I guess that's pretty high but...you? 

Zarryn nearly choked when he realized how high of a level she is, and said with surprise, "I'm just level one. How did you get so strong?" He laughed as he thought over the knee in the face thing, and was half tempted to bow once more. He started thinking about her stats and said with a certain curiosity, "How much damage might you be doing? And how high is your health?"

My eyes widened with surprise when he said what level he was, I certainly wasn't expecting him to only be level one. What had he been doing this whole time we were stuck here? Still, level one this far into the game was really low. On the contrary, I was on Floor one, even so I was still surprised. That shock was instantly replaced with a swelling ego. I was way stronger than Marilyn and I knew it. My grin enlarged and I flipped the black half of my hair over my shoulder. I got this strong by fighting high level monsters and leading boss raid groups. You see, it comes naturally. I do a maximum attack of seven damage and a minimum of of five. I plan to level up my dagger rankings though so I'll probably be doing a lot more damage in time. My health right now is, I opened up my HUD to check for sure. eighty-eight. Seeing as you are a level one with a starter weapon I think you do a maximum damage of three and have five health. 

Zarryn was taken aback by her statistics, and couldn't hide the shocked expression. He was surprised that she knew all of his stats as well, and stared at her for a long time before speaking. "You are FREAKING amazing! I wish I could be like you, but I have a long way to go." This was a model player right here. This is the type of person Zarryn wanted to be (he obviously doesn't know about her behavior most of the time). Powerful and obviously intelligent. He drew his sword and held it out for her to see.

"Is it possible to upgrade a weapon? Or level it up? I love my sword, but I don't want to depart from it. I figure asking someone who knows what they are doing might know something like this." He watched her, eager to hear an answer.

After a bit of silence, he lit up like a firework, complimenting me. My cheeks flushed a little when he began to fawn over me. Yeah, I get that a lot. Thank you, I try my best to be just amazing everyday. I flipped the other half of my hair over my shoulder and smirked when he brought his sword out. When he stuck his weapon out for me to inspect I sighed slightly, remembering the time I used a sword instead of daggers. It was a long time ago actually. I looked into his eyes and addressed his question. Yeah, you can get skill points and spend them to upgrade your sword. Or of course you can purchase a new one with more usable stats in some of the shops downtown...Speaking of which I... I checked the time on my HUD and nearly fainted, I was super late! I gotta go! I shoved Marilyn's sword back at him and began to dash away. I turned around and said one more thing before disappearing. NEVER give your sword to anyone else, they might kill you! That's a lesson you've learned from Kiru by the way! I hope to see you again sometime!