[PP-F2] A Weak Killer Among Us (Oske, Pepper)

"No!" Pepper shouted as Oske almost had her throat slit. Pepper hugged herself tightly. She had gotten involved, and cause trouble for Oske. She should've kept her mouth shut... but she wanted to protect her. "Don't kill him! Just... just walk away! You don't need to..." Tears were bubbling up in her eyes, and images of her mother bursting into little blue shards kept appearing in her head. This had to stop.

Pepper: 9/9

Oske: 36/41

Draconian: 8/17

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oske paused to look at Pepper again. The player was panting, with little red pulsing marks all over his avatar. He gripped his sword tight, but his arm was limp. He looked absolutely exhausted. Could Oske really take Pepper and walk away without him following them and trying to kill them? Perhaps she could even help the player. The darkness in her eyes began to fade away. "The world isn't all that terrible, you know," Oske murmured, knowing what she was saying was a lie to herself. "There are good aspects that make it worth living."

The player just stared.

ROLL ID: 8443

BD: 3+1 (fail)

MOB: 3+1 (fail)

The player continued to stare, and Pepper started to speak. She didn't really want to, but she honestly would to do anything right then to stop this fight. "I know what it's like. My mommy died. She was killed right there, back where you attacked me." Pepper pointed in that direction to prove her point. "But I don't want to kill everyone. I want to make sure everyone stays alive. Don't be a bully..." 

The player’s eyes suddenly locked on Pepper, and he charged with his sword ready. If he hit her, he could’ve done some serious damage. Instead, he hit Oske as she jumped in front of her little friend. Her blade had been exposed as well, stabbing the fighting player in the hip. She took a deep breath, pain seeping around a space between her chest and shoulder. “Leave her out of this,†Oske snarled. The player’s terrified face lit up with a vicious smile.

Oske: 34/41

Draconian: 7/17

ROLL ID: 8445

BD: 9+1 (1dmg+2swordskill+1 crit = 4 dmg - 3 dmgmitigation = 1 dmg)

MOB: 10+1 (2dmg + 2swordskill +2crit = 6 dmg - 4 dmgmitigation = 2 dmg)

Pepper gasped and jumped back as the player charged at her and Oske jumped right in front. She had offered her heart to the stranger and tried to make them feel compassion, and all she received as thanks was almost a sword to the face. She narrowed her eyes, beginning to feel the anger that Oske might’ve been feeling. As Oske and the player started to fight again, Pepper said nothing to stop her, despite her gut feeling of "this is wrong."

With the player's blade still inside the area between her chest and shoulder, he smiled wildly and twisted the blade. Oske winced though the pain, and the evil player began to laugh. "Oh, what's wrong? I know people like you who feel pain in this world. It's not an error--it's your own mind. You're crazy, aren't you?" 

Oske snarled, deflecting his sword away from her. "You're one to talk," she hissed.

Oske: 33/41

ROLL ID: 8554

BD: 4+1 (fail)

MOB: 7+1 (2dmg + 2swordskill = 4 dmg - 4 dmgmitigation = 1 dmg)

Pepper swallowed and stared in confusion. She hated the sound of Oske's struggle in pain, but it was all very... odd. Why did Oske feel pain, but no one else did? Sure, players often times yelled in surprise and expected to feel pain when hit, but Oske clearly felt the pain. Then the player asked if Oske was crazy, and Oske didn't exactly answer the question. From what Pepper had seen on the television in the real world, crazy people had those swirly eyes and often times were scientists or just stupid. Oske... didn't seem to be either of those. So what did the player mean?

Oske: 33/41

"You're no better than me," the player laughed, charging forward with his sword exposed. It met Oske's blade, and as they scraped off each other, each sword slashed the other's wielding arm. Oske hissed in pain. "People like you think you're better than everyone else, and you go off killing people."

Oske jumped back. She was done. "There's a big difference between you and me--I might be crazy, but I have some sanity. I actually make sense when I talk, and I make sane decisions. You, on the other hand... you are completely nuts. This entire fight, you've been trying to make sense of what does not. You attacked us for no reason. You think the world is cruel? You're one of the reasons the world is cruel."

Oske: 32/41

Draconian: 6/17

ROLL ID: 8564

BD: 5+1 (1dmg+2swordskill=3 dmg - 3dmg mitigation = 1 dmg)

MOB: 9+1 (2dmg + 2swordskill +1 crit = 5 dmg - 4 dmgmitigation = 1 dmg)

Pepper's fear started to swell up again. Oske was... starting to confess strange things. Things that Pepper didn't understand or know about. She knew that whatever Oske was talking about explained why she felt pain that no one else felt. The two players were still dueling, however. Pepper's heart began to sink as the enemy player's health bar started falling into the red zone. Either way, she was furious at this point. How dare the player attack Oske? She gritted her teeth, trying to control herself. How dare the player initiate a fight with someone who just wanted to protect a little girl? She decided that when he was on low health, she would get Oske to stop. He needed a reason to not want to continue and let them walk away.

The player stumbled backwards as Oske shoved the butt of her sword into his chest, dealing a point of damage. She tried to push him away, but that only made him angrier. Stunned by her words at first, he just stared. However, that shock quickly turned into blind rage. "How.... DARE YOU!" he shouted, charging at her. Oske sidestepped away from a stab in the face, but managed to get a cut on her cheek. "The world is cruel because of the insane people! You are one of those people!"

Oske gritted her teeth, touching her cheek and glaring at the player. "I'm not insane," she began to growl. "Did I randomly attack you? Did I start blabbering on about nonsense? No! I'm not crazy at all."

"That's because you're good at hiding it," the player said with a crazy grin.

Oske: 31/41

Draconian: 5/17

ROLL ID: 8598

BD: 8+1 (1dmg+2swordskill=3 dmg - 3dmg mitigation = 1 dmg)

Pepper gritted her teeth, then shouted, "M--Oske isn't crazy! You're crazy!" She had rage and fury in her amber eyes. "I'll kick your butt if you say otherwise! She's the nicest lady in the world, and she wouldn't hurt a fly. She wants to save this world. It's because of people like you... that it stinks! Stop making her job so difficult... leave us alone!" She stomped her foot to prove her point.

Oske glanced back at Pepper. She found pride in how defiant the little girl was, honestly. She liked the strong side of Pepper that wasn't so... sassy. Footsteps skidded on the dirt, and Oske quickly turned back and lifted her shield. With a clang, the enemy's sword struck the metal. She lifted her shield higher in attempts to get the player to drop his own sword or fall, but the sword slid down and sliced her arm.

Oske: 30/41

ROLL ID: 8600

BD: 2+1 (fail)

Pepper swallowed her guilt. She had distracted Oske, and now she had a cut. "Don't look at me, Oske!" Pepper exclaimed. "Pay attention. And... don't kill him! When he's at 1 health or so, just walk away. He won't care at that point." The player's eyes shot to Pepper, and he gave Oske a kick in the side, running at the little girl. Pepper gasped, covering her face in fear. She wanted to be brave and strong like Oske, but it looked like she was at the end of her rope.

Oske: 30/41

With another clang, the player's blade slashed down Oske's back and along the back of her chestplate. Her gaze lifted up and met his, her eyes blazing like a furious fire. She lifted her own sword and slashed, getting the player's blade away from her. "Leave her out of this," Oske snarled. "She did nothing... and neither did I. But if you're going to try to kill anyone, pick on someone your own size."

Oske: 29/41

ROLL ID: 8690

BD: 4+1 (fail)

MOB: 5+1 (2dmg + 2swordskill = 4 dmg - 4 dmgmitigation = 1 dmg)

When she heard a clang, Pepper peeked through the crack between her two arms that shielded her face. Oske was standing in front of her, defending her. Oske used her sword to push the sword away, then spoke again. But Pepper was too stunned to think. Tears began to well in her eyes again. She had been such a brat to Oske, and everyone... yet there Oske was, saving her little, worthless life.

With a dark expression, Oske swung her sword in an upward slash. The sword cut through the player's chest like butter, and he stumbled backwards in shock. "You're... you're a monster," he gasped, touching his chest with his hand. "You're insane!"

"SHUT UP!" Oske shouted, slashing for him again. He easily jumped back to protect himself, but it was clear that he was in a bad position... and Oske was furious. "Shut up, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!"

Her words were sick and cracking with pain, while tears dripped down her face. 

"Just... leave us alone..."

Draconian: 4/17

ROLL ID: 8690

BD: 7+1 (1dmg + 2 swordskill = 3 dmg - 3dmg mitigation = 1 dmg)

MOB: 4+1 (fail)

Pepper was shocked. Oske was screaming, shouting, and crying at this point. It was evident that she was suffering from this quite a bit. The player stared at her, saying nothing at first. Pepper took a step forward. "I think he'll leave us alone no--NO!" The player charged at Pepper again for speaking up. Pepper ran and hid behind Oske, knowing that one hit could probably kill her quickly. 

Oske whipped around to attack the player that was attempting to kill Pepper. However, she was suddenly distracted by the sound of fabric tearing at the teeth of a blade. She looked down, and a gasp escaped her lips. Her cape was torn by the blade, causing it to tear and then shatter into a million crystal-like pieces. "Grr..." Oske growled. With an unpleasant "clang", she also was dealt some damage after her cape was torn and destroyed.

Oske: 28/41

ROLL ID: 8892

BD: 1+1 (fail)

MOB: 5+1 (2dmg+2swordskill= 4 dmg - 4 dmg mitigation = 1 dmg)

"Ma!" Pepper gasped when Oske was damaged. She quickly covered her mouth. What's wrong with me? she thought. Calling this player... no, this guardian, her mother? Her mother was dead, and nothing would change that. But Pepper felt her fist clenching, and she knew that if Oske was going to become someone important for her, she would have to protect her. Pepper unsheathed her dagger.

Oske barely heard Pepper through her blind rage. Her cape was destroyed, and not only that, but this player was trying to kill them. He would fail. She knew he would. Oske spun around and slashed, her sword glowing bright as she cut through his armor. The player grunted in pain, those red lines pulsing all over his body from previous slices. He readied his sword with fury in his eyes.

Oske: 28/41

Draconian: 2/17

ROLL ID: 8894

BD: 10+1 (1dmg + 2swordskill + 2 crit = 5 dmg - 3 dmg mitigation = 2 dmg)

MOB: 4+1 (fail)