[SP-F9] Feeding the Enemy, or Feeding the Soul? (Complete)

Despite being pained, after the shriek, the Elemental let out a rumbling laugh. Icarus snarled in return, but stayed outside the main heat of the battle, which was fine. Tyger would be fine. She could feel it. This gargantuan beast could do nothing to harm her, currently. 

The Elemental eyed Icarus for a moment, contemplating whether to attack the familiar or the player. Tyger must've won, since a large fireball was sent in her direction. Her shield was raised enough to cover her face, but her legs were hit with the blast, taking away an HP. But, now it was her turn. She turned on her heel and ran forward with her shield in front of her, protecting her from another blast if the Elemental so decided. When she got within striking range, her shield nicked across it's body, causing damage, but not enough to kill it. Tyger's sword did that for her. With a quick up slice, the creature was no more. It dropped a material, and left it's carnage behind. 

ID 8239, BD 10, MD 6, LD 9

Tyger - Hits for 7 HP, +2 Thorns Damage

Magma Elemental- Hits for 1 Damage, Dead

Tyger- 20/22

Magma Elemental- 0/18 (Drops 1 Mat)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was deemed safe, Icarus hobbled over and rubbed his face against Tyger's leg once more, weaving through her legs like a cat. Tyger sheathed her sword and clipped her shield to her back before picking up the dragon and setting it on her shoulder. He yawned, stretched, and draped himself across her shoulders, as if protecting her neck from some unseen- oh who are we kidding, the dragon wants to nap.

"That was a pretty big thing, wasn't it?

She found herself almost baby talking to the dragon, so she stopped herself from it. They weren't like animals in the game, and even though she didn't to demean the creature, it could be seen that way. Instead, she reached over and stroked his tail as they walked, covered in scorch marks, soot, and ash. This minor setback was dealt with quickly enough, so Tyger wasn't as worried about something else coming along.

There was only one more interruption on the way to the town. It wasn't in the form of a large, flaming elemental, or even in the form of some sort of flowing lava river... No, Tyger had one more challenge to face. A dragon, slightly bigger than Icarus and hardened with chips, scars and a bit shinier (Maybe because of the pressures of adult hood?) stood in their way. It's glowing eyes narrowed at Icarus. The dragon chirped happily, and went to walk towards it. Tyger assumed it was probably family. However, as Icarus grew cloesr, the dragon hissed and blew a stream of fire.

"Icarus, watch out!"

tyger grabbed one of the dragon's legs and pulled her familiar towards her, taking the place of the beam of fire instead. It heated her armor and made her slightly uncomfortable, but nothing she couldn't handle. the sad, dejected look in Icarus's eyes tore her heart in two, and Tyger snarled at the dragon, rushing it with sword in hand. She beat the dragon with her shield first, and then followed up with a slash. The dragon hissed, and took a few steps back as they begun the battle.

ID 8243, BD 7, MD 8

Tyger - Hits for 5 HP, +2 Thorns Damage

Mother Magma- Hits for 1 Damage

Tyger- 19/22

Mother Magma- 18/25

The crestfallen look that Icarus gave the mother dragon broke Tyger's heart in two. The Mother Magma reared her head back, and unleashed yet another beam of fire. Tyger's shield was up in an instant, protecting her from the blast, as well as Icarus. When she ceased the beam, Tyger crouched down and pressed her forehead to her familiar.

"I'm sorry, buddy."

when she pulled back, soot covered her forehead, but she didn't mind. Icarus was hurting. He was about to leave his home floor and go exploring where something might happen to him. The floor mobs probably didn't understand or respect him for it. Could familars change their minds? Would Icarus want to change sides? Even after the dragon attacked him?

Tyger pushed the thoughts away and took her sword and shield, repeating the attack she'd done earlier. The dragon didn't like being battered around, and let out a screech as it stumbled backwards, away from Tyger's sharp shield and sword.

"How dare you treat him like that."

Tyger hissed, glaring at the dragon. Her body glew with the healing from her skill.

ID 8244, BD 9, MD 7-2=5, CD 11

Tyger - Hits for 6 HP, +2 Damage Thorns, +1 HP Battle Healing

Mother Magma- Misses

Tyger- 20/22

Mother Magma- 10/25

Tyger hadn't had the best home life back in the real world. She'd moved out after she had her degree, but one of her parents she didn't know, and her stepdad was terrible to her. Her second step dad wasn't as bad, but she knew that she'd never truly get over what had happened. Tyger hoped that Icarus wouldn't feel the same way she did, when it came to the rejection from the Mother Magma. Perhaps Icarus would see she and Baldur as his family. That'd be best, because Tyger wasn't planning on going anywhere. Either way, her heart bled for the little one who sat in a dejected puddle next to her.

The mob didn't seem to care. Perhaps because, even though the dragon might've been it's child, it was part of Tyger's player profile now. But, Icarus retained himself... so, if it were just another mob, it wouldn't be as painful. Even with this knowledge, Tyger still wanted to beat the creature into a bloody pulp. So, she prepared to. Running as fast as she could, she managed to get under the dragon in a quick enough time to scrape her shield and sword against the dragon for a considerable amount of damage.

ID 8245, BD 6, MD 7-2=5, CD 10

Tyger - Hits for 5 HP, +2 Damage Thorns, +1 HP Battle Healing

Mother Magma- Misses

Tyger- 21/22

Mother Magma- 3/25

The dragon knew that it was on it's last leg, so it was time to start putting up more of a fight. When Tyger went to dash forward, the dragon threw her off course with a burst of fire. Instead of a beam, it was a cone attack that moved when the dragon shook it's head. Tyger had to run wide to avoid being hit, and because of it, she lost her chance to attack.

Don't worry, Icarus. I never gave up on you in real life. I'm not going to give up on you now.

She could see her dying sugar glider in her hands as they rushed to the vet to get the news of his diet issue. She'd change dit up, fed him correct foods and treats that he'd enjoy, and soon he was back on track. This was no different. Although it was a more emotional struggle for her familiar, it was a physical struggle for her all the same. She wasn't about to let this gigantic dragon stop her from taking her familiar home, and getting back to her family. Besides, Baldur would love Icarus just as much as she did already. watching how he watched the battle just broke her heart. She was doing this for both of them.

ID 8245, BD 1, MD 5

Tyger - Misses

Mother Magma- Misses

Tyger- 21/22

Mother Magma- 3/25

In the final stages of battle, Tyger could feel the fatigue of the day wearing her thin. Her chest heaved, and her arms began to shake under her heavy armor. Her sword was the only thing that mattered at this point. Her shield, too. As long as she had them, she could protect those that she cared about. Icarus wouldn't be attacked again, if she had a choice in the matter. The dragon let out a high pitched scream that began to gargle as magma rose to it's throat. It spewed the contents everywhere, and Tyger had to decide. Run through the magma and get hurt, or wait until it hardened to attack?

Her boots didn't slip as bad as she thought they would as she trekked through the molten obstacle course. The dragon retreated back a few steps, trying ot prolong the time Tyger was in the pit of bubbling goo. Sure, it hurt, but the dragon needed to be stopped if they were to get back to the Forge. It made the pain worth it. The satisfying way the sword sliced against the charcoal body of the Mother Magma was worth it too. The dragon let out a roar before it disappeared into the shards. Icarus was silent, and Tyger walked over to him, sitting down in front of him. The material sat on the ground, waiting to be picked up.

ID 8245, BD 8, MD 8, LD 2

Tyger - Hits for 5 HP, +2 Thorns

Mother Magma- Hits for 1 HP

Tyger- 20/22

Mother Magma- 0/25 (Drops 1 Mat)

Her hands cupped the dragon's face, and she pressed her forehead to his. The dragon pushed forward into her forehaed harder, before crawlign into her lap and nestling there. There were close enough to the village, so Tyger wasn't too worried. The dragon had probably been waiting, or following them after Tyger tamed it's baby.

"I have family problems too, trust me. But, hey, hopefully I'm not as bad as her, eh?"

Tyger tried to make a joke while she rubbed the dragon behind it's ear ridges. The beast shook it's head, and pressed it's cheek into Tyger's free hand. It warmed her heart.

"If we could have gotten around, I would have. I'm sorry, Icarus."

Killing the dragon in order to get by was a necessity, but she was sure it wasn't easy for the familiar. Lots of changes for the poor little guy made for a rough day indeed.

"How'sabout we go home now, eh?"

The Dragon Tamer asked, and the Dragon agreed with a shake of it's tail. Icarus didn't jump out of her lap though, which meant she was probably going to carry him the rest of the way. Her shoulder seemed a good enough perch for now.

The quick walk to the town wasn't dotted with interruptions like earlier. They walked through town, Tyger saw a few NPC's, and then she walked to teleport back down a few floors.

"Floor 4."

The fiery ninth floor ceased to be as Tyger and Icarus were immediately transferred to the Fourth floor. There wasn't any reason to be here, aside from showing the old Gypsy lady her new friend. Besides, Icarus probably hadn't seen snow before, so she enjoyed watching the dragon nip at the falling snowflakes with intense concentration. He treated it as a game, like it should be. Tyger couldn't treat it as such, but having him around was already making the day better.

She spun on her heel and turned around, looking for the hunched gypsy NPC from earlier. She saw something like looked like her, but it turned out to be someone else. When Tyger walked away, she heard the familiar shuffling of feet that wanted to be heard.

"Want your fortune read?"

Tyger turned, her smile warm and welcoming to the NPC Gypsy. The look startled the NPC, until she realized it was Tyger, back from her quest.

"Went to the 9th floor, I see? You're covered in ash."

The NPC laughed, and wiped a finger across Tyger's scorched, ashy armor.

"And you bring a friend, yes?"

The woman looked behind Tyger to see Icarus, who was apparently shy. Tyger stepped over him, so that the Gypsy could look at the little dragon she'd found. To soften things up, she pulled out a little piece of jerky from her pocket, which the dragon ate with glee. After that, she was given full rights to touch and play with him.

"I didn't figure he'd be shy. But, he likes you! Especially your stomach rubs."

"His name is Icarus. Like my sugar glider back home. He was so playful on the 9th floor, and then when he wouldn't immediately fight, and watched me from afar, I knew that I should try and tame him. He took to me in an instant."

Tyger expected a snarky comment, but didn't recieve one.

"Of course you did. You had a way with animals before, yes? You still do."

The NPC scratched Icarus one more time before standing up.

"I am glad you are not lonely any more. Although..."

Soot and Coal dust were smeared all over the woman's hands and fingers.

"I don't envy you when you have to clean every night...."

"I don't mind. He's pretty cute, so it makes up for it. Besides, what better familiar to have wandering a forge than something that matches the forge? Besides, he can help me craft. And we'll match by the time i'm finished with my daily crafts."

Tyger's jokes made the NPC laugh, and the Gypsy tucked her hands back into her pockets, protecting them from the winter chill.

"Indeed. As I said, I am glad you are happy now. And, remember, someone owes me a fortune telling soon..."

The NPC winked at Tyger before giving them a bow and walked back towards what Tyger assumed to be her tent. Icarus picked himself up off the snow and sneezed. The snow that was on his body immediately melted and evaporated, leaving the dragon as dry as he was on the 9th floor. Tyger couldn't help but laugh.

"Floor 1."

The chilly bite of the fourth floor disappeared, as well as the girl and her familiar. They were spat out on the first floor, where Tyger had her forge. Icarus took it all in, following Tyger as they walked through the city to get to Tyger's Forge. Baldur would probably be inside, or out exploring. She'd heard he'd gone down to one of the bars where there'd been a bit of an argument. She'd missed the action, and was kind of jealous. But now Baldur would be the one to have missed the action.

"Took down some elementals, a dragon... and I found you, bud. Today's been a pretty good day, eh?"

Icarus snorted in agreement, clawing his way up her back leg and back until he rested on her shoulder.

They left the city, and merely a few steps away was the shop. Icarus looked forward from his perch with curiosity, and when Tyger opened the door to she and Baldur's shop, he jumped off of her shoulder and started sniffing around from corner to corner. When Tyger turned on the lights, little sooty footprints littered the floor and Icarus sat in the middle of the room, looking at her with such accomplishment and joy that it was almost impossible to be mad.

"This is it! Home!"

She purred, and Tyger ran to her side, clumsily bumping into her leg.

"Easy now. I'll show you the forge."

Tyger picked up the creature and hopped over the desk, opening the door to the forge.

The ground was a bit easier for Icarus to run around on in the forge, so he took a liking to it immediately. He sniffed around, until Tyger picked him up and sat him on the forge. Before Tyger could tell him about the room, Icarus was already rooting in the coals with his claws, nibbling at a few of the more burnt pieces with a rumbling glee. If dragons could purr, it was happening right now.

"Well, looks like I know what you like for treats then, eh?"

Tyger picked up a piece of coal and lobbed it across the room. Icarus dropped his current piece and jumped down off the forge, scrambling after it wildly. Once he caught his 'prey,' he curled up and nibbled on it while Tyger straightened up the room.

"Honestly... I don't know where you're going to sleep. So, uh, let's find that out."

Snuggling pets at home was her biggest dream. A pet that would stay still all night, or sleep between her and Baldur (Scratch that, she was a snuggler herself) seemed to be the perfect, ideal situation. However, given his... coal problem, perhaps it wouldn't be as easy as she'd thought. Either way, she closed the door to the forge after making sure Icarus was behind her, and lifted him onto the desk so he could jump off and head upstairs with her.

Watching him go up the steps was amusing. He wasn't inept by any means, but watching him take one at a time made Tyger wish she could record what she was seeing right now, so Baldur could see it. he'd go up one step, and then make sure that every leg was used to get onto the next step, continuing with the process until they reached the top.

Tyger opened the door to their room, and Icarus bolted in.

"Not the bed!"

Tyger gasped, watching Icarus jump all around the room, sniffing here and there, leaving sooty footprints everywhere. he made is rounds, and then sat at the floor next to the bed, as if waiting or asking for permission. Sure, sooty footprints were everywhere, but he hadn't made his way onto the bed yet. Tyger was covered in soot, but she was about ready to pass out herself, so why the hell not?

"Baldur'll be fine with it. Come here, you."

Tyger took off her armor and put it back into her inventory before falling onto the bed. Icarus wriggled his way under her arm to lay down next to her, little chest moving quickly with each breath.

"I hope you like it here, you cute little thing you."

All of Icarus's behavior pointed to that assumption, but she couldn't automatically assume.

"Nod if you're happy."

The dragon contemplated what she said, and then nodded it's head up and down rapidly, followed by a wet, sticky lick on her face. Once the dragon tasted the coal and soot on Tyger's face from earlier, it launched an attack on her, ready to clean her face spotless.

"Whoah, easy now!"

Tyger giggled, fighting her familiar off of her the best she could.

Tyger yawned, and the contagious sickness spread to Icarus, causing him to yawn too. Surveying the damage wasn't too bad, honestly. The bed was dirty, but only because the familiar she brought home just so happened to wipe off charcoal soot and dusty ash whenever it touched something. Baldur would be getting home any moment now, and he'd look for Tyger in the forge, but not before noticing all of the footprints. Hey, if she was lucky, he'd sweep, but she wouldn't count on that. He'd probably be worried that something had come after her, and was now attempting to kill them where they stood.

No, instead, Baldur would find his girlfriend cuddled up to her magma dragon familiar, with the new title 'Dragon Tamer' and a messy bed full of coal dust. She'd explain it all when she woke up, but for now, she'd just soak up the moment. Her cheek nestled against Icarus's, and soon the pair was off into sleep, probably dreaming about carrying eachother into battle. Okay, maybe that was just Tyger, but still.