[SP-F1] <Feeding the enemy>

People were walking threw the city that I looked at from the rooftop ledge. I began my decent to the streets below with a simple ledge to ledge grab in the ally way. I finished it off with a backflip and landed on a crate. After I stepped down I was tapped on the back by something. I turned around to see an NPC gypsy. "Hello boy would be interested in finding a loyal companion." The old lady said in a soft tone. Then suddenly a quest prompt popped up and I accepted it. "Oh wonderful I knew you looked like such a good boy. Now you must go out and feed any creature you desire and you may find yourself a loyal companion." The old gyspy cont. to say.

"Something tells me there's a catch gran." I responded to the NPC.

"Oh such a clever boy as well. Tis true there be a catch. You will have to buy food and the creature may attack you. Best be off now boy wouldn't want to waste daylight." The old hag said as she dissapeared. I decided I might as well follow her advice and go get that food now so I wouldn't waste time.

I walked into a food shop and bought two pieces of bread for 50 col a piece.

-100 col

When I emerged from the shop I made my way on the rooftops to the fields outside planning to get to forests to find some kind of beast I liked. I ran faster than usual seeing as that I'm adept at making friends with NPCs a familiar wouldn't be too much of a step away. I loved the feeling of running on top of the rooftops so maybe a bird? Because it wouldn't have any trouble keeping up. Now I can see the edge of the town and the forests beyond the fields. I hopped down onto a couple of beams then down to crates and walked out onto the street. When I finally reached the gate to the town of beginings I ran out loving the feeling of the wind. This new familiar was gonna be one of the best things to happen to me since I started playing.

While running along the path I saw a wolf blocking my path I thought about taming it but then I decided there's probably something better. I stopped in my tracks and drew my cutlass. As I charged the beast it did the same. As we came to meet I flipped over it and slashed its back (2 damage wolf).

"Don't take it personally I just want something a little less you know beastly." I said to the wolf as I landed from my flip.

Wolf: 6/8

XWuZHeAR: 15/15

ID:8254 battle:6 mob:6-1eva=5

The wolf growled at me as if it knew what I was saying. I contined to step to the side slowely as the wolf stared dead at me. I ran for the wolf with my cutlass ready but the wolf surprised me and did a twist in the air and bit my arm. It didn't even take me a second to shake him off.

"You have pretty good ability for acrobatics maybe I should have picked you hahaha!" I joked at the wolf now convinced he understands me.

Wolf: 6/8

XWuZHeAR: 14/15

ID:8255 battle:2 MOB: 7 - 1 Eva = 6

The wolf stared at me silently and all I could really do is stare back. For some reason this NPC at least I think could understand me. Maybe it's because of the quest I'm on. This time I just jet the wolf come at me. Eventually the wolf jumped up and I was able to duck and slash at its stomach. (2 damage wolf) the wolf rolled over me and fell to the ground. Now I stood about a foot away looking over it.

Wolf:4/8

ID:8264 Battle:8 MOB: 5-1eva=4

I looked down at the wolf which backed up a good ten feet. The wolf had a wierd animation at the mouth because blood was dripping. The blood actually did drip to the ground leaving stains in the dirt. Finally I saw the dog ready it's legs to lung at me again. This time I lunged at the wolf before it could start it's charge. Surprisingly me and the wolf ended up missing eachother completely and ended up facing eachother again.

Wolf: 4/8

8266 battle:3 MOB: 3-1eva=2

The wolf looked at me with almost the same disbelief look. It seems as with we both are in shock over what just happened. The wolf then started charging at me faster than I could have expected. I tried to flip over the thing but I was too late. It jumped up and bit me on the neck mid flip. (3 damage XWuZHeAR).

"Damnit I really wish I would have tried to feed you earlier!" I said to the wolf standing back.

XWuZHeAR: 11/15

ID: 8268 Battle:5 mob: 10

The wolf howled up into the air and stared at me. I just stood still not knowing what to do. The wolf charged at me again. I tried to roll out of the way but again I was too slow. The wolf bit down hard onto my leg and it took me more than a second to kick him off. (2 damage XWuZHeAR) This wolf was pretty good for being a floor 1 spawn. Then again it's probably because of the quest I'm on.

XWuZHeAR: 9/15

ID:8269 battle: 1 mob: 9

I wolf had begun running circles around me and I had no choice but to just stay in the middle. The wolf started to fake come at me to try and confuse me. I stood still trying to think about my plan which I never had. Eventually the wolf came at me and I acted on impulse I jumped up high making the wolf miss me. I tried to slash it on my way back down but the wolf dodged it pretty easily. We separated again and I thought about what I was gonna try next.

ID: 8270 battle: 1 mob: 5 - 1eva=4

Me and wolf started to both run in circles around an imaginnary point in the middle. We stood on opposite sides and waited for the other to strike first. I had begun to step out when I noticed the wolf had started to do the same. In a quick motion I threw myself at the ground and rolled under the wolf. Neither of us got damage dealt but atleast I didn't take any.

Wolf:4/8

ID:8271 battle:3 mob: 2-1eva=1

The wolf started doing this wierd bark and snarl thing. I stood perfectly still staring at the thing doing its wiered noises.

"Nevermind I'm glad I didn't decide to feed you." I said to the beast trying to piss it off.

The wolf came at me really fast and angry. I noticed it was running at sorta an angle so I waited before dodging. When the wolf came I just stood still and let it pass me. I guess it thought I was gonna try to dodge.

Wolf 4/8

iD:8274 battle: 4 Mob: 6-1eva=5

I was getting tired of the whole no one getting hits thing. I decided this time I was gonna slash the damn wolf even if I had to get hurt. The wolf leaped up at me and locked it's jaws in my left wrist but I grabbed it's face tighter.(1 damage XWuZheAR) the wolf looked at me sorta confused.

"That's right." I said as I slashed the wolf with my sword in my right hand.(2 damage wolf)

Wolf: 2/8

XWuZHeAR: 8/15

ID:8278 battle: 8 mob: 7-1eva=6

The wolf was knocked back and I could see its hp bar was now red. This time I was on the offensive. I began rapidly slashing at the wolf missing every single time. The wolf seemed to have no quit in him. I contined slashing now flipping into the slashes but the wolf just kept on dodging. I began to grow tired of all this and stepped back for a second to rest. When I did the wolf came at me and I easily duck under it.

Wolf 2/8

XWuZHeAR 8/15

iD8280 battle:3 mob: 2-1eva=1

The wolf ran back about 5 feet and I rwadied my cutlass and charged at it. The wolf kept dodging and dodging but it seemed it was getting slower. Finally I could kinda see a window to get the last hit in. When the mob dodged to the right this time I knew it wouldn't be able to dodge back to the left. I quickly side flipped over and slashed the wolf down its face. The wolf shattered into tiny fragments of code. The loot screen poped up and I clicked accept.

Wolf drops: 1 mat(s) and 40 col.

Wolf: 0/8

ID:8289 battle:7 loot: 15+1=16 mob: 3-1=2

I kneeled for a second than stood up slowely. I kept thinking about how me and the wolf kept missing eachother and what a waste of time that was. I took a deep breath then ran at full speed for the forest. When I reached the entrance of course I didn't just take the path. I swung myself around a low hanging branch and began jumping from branch to branch. Suddenly I heard a whimpering sound. I turned my head to spot a pup lying on one of the branches I had been coming up on. I stopped and slowely made my way over to the dog looking creature.

When I reached the small crying pup I noticed its leg had bite marks on it. Then I heard a small pitched howl from below. I looked down off the tree and there was a small wolf clawing at the tree base. I put two and two together pretty easily.

"You stay here pup il go deal with this bully." I said as I stroked the fir of the dog.

I jumped off the tree and led with my sword out. I landed on top of the small wolf and I ended up slicing it in half with my cutlass.( 2 damage small wolf). Since I was significantly a higher level than this wolf I didn't gain any loot.

Small wolf: 0/2

ID:8300 battle:8 mob:4

As I was about reach up and start climbing this tree another small wolf came at me. It was barking in a high pitch so I heard it coming.

"How many of you are there?" I said aloud as I jumped over the small wolf.

I decided I didn't want to kill baby wolfs anymore so I climbed the tree I knew it couldn't climb. I made my way up to the injured pup and sat down next to it.

I sat on the branch next to the injured puppy thinking about the quest. I originally wanted something that can fly so I wouldn't burden it with my life style. Then I started thinking about how we're on a tree and this puppy has a leg injury. He must have gotten up here by himself somehow the other wolfs don't seem to like him very much. I took out the bread I bought from the store and held it in front of the pups face. Now taking a better look at the puppy I see its not exactly like the other wolfs. It's fur made it look more like a husky. It had black fur on its paws and ears complimented by white fur everywhere else aside from a stripe down its face of a grey color. Suddenly the puppy stopped crying and began nibbled on the bread a little. I petted it as it ate hoping it would help my cause.

ID:8304 LD:18+1=19 SCORED ME A NEW FAMILIAR WITH A BUFF!!!!!!

The familiar finished the bread and perked up. It finally opened its eyes and I could see its amazing deep blue eyes. It reminds me of... Her. I smiled and scratched the dog behind the ear and his tail wagged.

"Alright then now that we are aqua red let's check your stats." I said to the pup.

Suddenly a screen poped up saying

<< familiar: runt of the litter.>>

< This wolf type animal is the runt of the litter. Killing one as a mob results in no loot drop for any level. Once made a familiar may assist tamer in a number of difrent ways depending on a random selection of skills. Runt wolf ID number 5729462 skill: assists the player in searching for loot by using keen senses such as sight hearing smell etc.( +1 LD)>

"Oh that's pretty cool! And they call you a runt?" I joked to the pup who seemed to understand me.

Then another screen poped up saying

<enter name of familiar>

<______>

I thought about it for a second and then I typed in the first thing I thought of.

<enter name of familiar>

<Maruchan>

"Alright Maruchan, how did you get up here?" I asked the pup as I stood up on the branch.

The dog barked as he began jumping branch to branch in the direction of the city. I followed him I guess I really did find a familiar that was like me. I had just realized this pup used to be a mob and he has never been inside the city. I caught up to him and began leading him to the exit of the forest. The injury on his leg seemed to heal given as he was able to keep up with me. When we reached the end I jumped and rolled to my feet in the field. I quickly turned around and caught Maruchan. "Ruff ruff" he high pitchedly barked in my face.

"You can ride right here." I said as I set him on my right shoulder with his hind legs reaching reaching down my back and his fore legs dangling in front of my right pec.