[PP-F1] A Sword Through the Heart (Oske, Lucifer, Lessa, Anima, Mystery Player)

[TURN ORDER: Oske, Lucifer, Lessa, Anima, Zero. NO ONE LINERS, as this is still a roleplay!]

Oske had finally finished preparing. Items that were to be used as prizes were in a storage unit behind her seat. She sat on a cushioned chair, comfortable in her placement. Behind a curtain sat the Mystery Player, and beside the closed off box he was sitting in, sat three other players. These players were, in order, Lucifer, Lessa, and Anima.

“Good evening, all!†Oske exclaimed happily. “Let’s play the game. You know most of the rules, but I will clarify. I will be asking a question, and each player will get the chance to answer the question. Once finished, the Mystery Player will state what his answer would have been, and he will award a point to a player who had the best answer. I will be keeping score of points. Now, for prizes. Your prizes will be chosen at random by the end of the night, and the winner of the game will have a date with the Mystery Player on any floor you’d like.â€

She paused, letting her words settle in. “Now, without further ado… Let’s get down with the questions. Some of these questions will be silly, some will be soul-mate based, and others will just be get-to-know-you questions. Now, here is question number one!â€

What do you look for in a soul mate, or your one, true love? What is a quality you want?

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably, I hadn't expected this to be so realistic. People were watching, I was competing, and there was a man waiting inside that box over there. This was almost a perfect clone of the daytime game shows that aired between twelve and two for stay at home mothers, yet here I was. I didn't belong amongst the older two contestants, but this was a way to get my name out there. Perhaps people wouldn't keep looking at me like a child, that derogative term that caused people to judge me based on age instead of maturity. Yes, this would do. I kept my eyes on the host to keep my vision from drifting as she went over the rules, soul-mate questions? Oh geez, it's going to be one of those cheesy ones. I gulped silently, then took a short breath before taking my cue, "Somebody mature, one that knows age is only a number." It was a short response, but concise and reflective, however I wasn't sure if it was enough to fulfill the question. Shame I had to go first, setting the bar, be it good or bad. Next round should be easier, I hope.

"Hmm," the blonde mused softly, settling back in her chair. It was a loaded question, and quite a bit more serious than Lessa had anticipated. When Oske had approached her about joining the game, she had agreed to it without much thought. Originally, the whole thing had sounded a bit like a big game. The first question, however, proved otherwise.

The girl paused for a moment, sifting through the many possible answers to the question. Lucifer's answer had been excellent; it very much applied to the young player's unique situation. This caused Lessa to ask herself, what is it that I want most right now?

"A friendship," the blonde answered finally. She leaned forward, clasping her hands together, and resting them gently on her knee. For the casual occasion, the Guardian had ditched her sword and heavy armor. Now she sat before the small audience in her silver boots, black leggings, and loose-fitting pink tunic.

"I want my partner to be my best friend. I know that things won't always be perfect between us, and that romantic feelings and physical attraction won't be enough to get us through the rough patches. What I really want is similar interests. Total comfort and complete understanding. Someone who I can be myself with, not just someone I can kiss occasionally." Her answer had been longer than she had hoped, but Lessa always did have a habit of rambling.

Anima sat smiling in her chair as the host went through and introduced the rules of the game. She couldn't believe she was here, that she had signed up and out of all the people been picked for this. To be honest she had not really expected anything like this when she signed up, and was impressed with how well it had been put together.

She sat in her booth with her hands folded neatly on her lap as she listened to Oske asked the first question. What do you look for in a mate, or one true love. It was a straight forward answer with little wiggle room. it was also a very serious way to start the game, which was all right by her. The other two girls gave their responses very well. Anima had not seen what the other contestants looked like, nor did she know them from any other aspect of Aincrad, so all she had to judge them on so far where their initial answers. Both had responded well, simple and sweet, looking for things that were both mature and genuine. Once they had finished it was her turn to answer.

"In a one true love," She started as she took a deep breath. "I look for someone who completes me. Who is able to stand and help me up when I fall, and who is not to proud to let me help them. I look for an equal, a partner in life, I suppose." A small blush crossed her cheek at her own words. Hopefully her answer did not sound too corny.

Zero sat in his chair quietly, his appearance not shown to anyone, and let out a slight sigh when he thought of his current situation. He had been approached by Oske not long ago in order to request he partake in a matchmaking sort of show, to which he agreed to trying to be a decent friend, and now sat in his current situation. He had ditched his armor and weapon, wearing his old long sleeve white shirt and black pants.

Three females, one male, who would it be was the question ringing in his head until his though was interrupted by the sound of Oske's voice. He listened attentively to her explain how things would work before finally making the first question.

The white haired boy quietly listened to the answers being presented to him and the voices of the contestants. Each had something special about them, one was obviously young and hopeful, the next one warm and confident, and the last one seemed a bit timid or nervous but tender. He measured their answers and nodded to himself once he had decided which he picked as the winner.

"Well, you three all gave fantastic answers. What I would look for in a partner is trust and understanding. In a place like this someone I can trust, confide in, and speak my problems and insecurities to is what I would look for in my soul-mate. I wish to be with someone I can be myself with and know they will accept me for it, and that we can always work things out if we try. So if I would pick an answer I'd say contestant number two is my choice."

He scratches his head as a feeling of awkwardness came to him, he wasn't used to sharing like he had just done. "That's my choice."

The three contestants had given their answers, and the Mystery Player had chosen Lessa for the first point. Oske nodded, taking note of this. She was glad that this game was slowly simmering into something enjoyable for everyone, even if only one player was to win. "I agree with the Mystery Player--good answers from everyone! Now, after that rather serious question, let's get down to a 'get-to-know-you' question."

What do you do for fun? Do you enjoy fighting, crafting, looting? What tickles your fancy in SAO?

Lucifer: 0

Lessa: 1 

Anima: 0

The Mystery Player chose the girl sitting next to me, I knew my answer was too straight to the point. Besides, hers sounded far more like an answer an adult would say. I began to wonder if the Mystery Player was capable of seeing us and it frightened me for a bit, I was guarenteed to lose if that was the case. Perhaps I should have... I clenched my grip around the bottom of the seat as the next question was prompted by the host, I didn't have the slightest clue of what to say. I genuinely got so worked up into the games that I treated them like a competition rather than a game, was I actually having fun? Surely there was something... yes, that would do. I took a short, deep breath in as I responded with my answer, "I've recently collaborated with a few members in creating a guild based off of the sole purpose of training players to survive and thrive in this new world we call... home." I nearly choked on that last word, it wasn't truthful. I was one of the seemingly few players who didn't believe the spiel about this game being able to kill you, but I went on, "On the side, I've been having a great time running my business. It has its ups and downs, highs and lows, but the entire experience itself is what makes it so memorable."

As the mystery man began to speak, Lessa inhaled sharply. She recognized that voice, though for the life of her, she could not place it. Distant memories of a past boss battle returned to her, but her mind could not conjure a face or a name. Her cheeks warmed as he chose her answer. Even if she did not win the competition, it was a relief to learn that someone else felt the way she did about relationships. Too many times since entering Aincrad, she had had romance shoved down her throat. Friendship first, she thought with finality.

When Oske asked the next question, the blonde expelled what air was left in her lungs in a disappointed sigh. It was a tough one, and while the first contestant gave her answer, Lessa's mind raced to formulate a response of her own.

As soon as it was her turn, the Guardian let a barrage of words fall freely from her lips. She simply prayed that they were somewhat coherent. "I spend a lot of my free time helping to train lower-level players. I'll find people on the first floor, and help them get a hang of the game mechanics. Many of them have never even left the safe zone. Its really rewarding, and a great way to ensure that everyone stays safe." Her voice softened. "I was fortunate enough to have someone help me once, and I owe that player my life."

As before Anima listened to the answers the other girls gave. Like before they both had well thought out answers that she would have to work to trump. The question had been simple, what do you do for fun? Honestly Anima had not considered to much around here fun. After all she was locked in a game where she could die at any moment. That was at least her thought's on things until recently. Now, well she still hadn't managed to do much. She made potions, explored outside the city walls, but not too much else. The first girl, mentioned a guild designed to teach players. A novel concept really. In her own mind if a player hadn't figured it out by now, there was no point wasting time on them, after all, even she had managed to figure out a system after months of inactivity. There was also a mention of running a business within Aincrad. That was a better answer in her own mind, it was doing something positive that better enhanced the game for everyone.

The second woman gave a response that was similar to the first. Assisting inexperienced players learn the game. It was strange to think that so many players wanted to help one another and yet here we were still losing players everyday to ridiculous things. She gave a little sigh as her own turn came up. "To be honest, I spent alot of time tucked away in the beginning."  She looked down at her feet now as she spoke, choosing her words carefully. "It took me a while to actually get going. I've missed alot. But, The thing I like to do now is spend my time playing every aspect that this game has to offer. I love to explore the maps, to wander the cities, to fight the Mobs, and play the game for what it is." She smiled now looking back up as she finished speaking.