[PP-F2] The Magma Chamber (Dellis, Takuto)

Takuto hearing Dellis's calls got up and ran to attack the dragon again.

Dellis blinded the dragon. The dragon hissed in anger it beagn to flail and smash bits of rock. Takuto saw this as a chance he charged. He jumped onto the head of the dragon and jumped again into the air while in the air takuto prepared a thrust sword skill. He pushed off the ceiling of the cave and used his momentum to speed up his attack as though it were a torpedo.

Takuto missed. The Dragon turned unfortunately and dodged the hit.

10/11 Takuto

Sword skill used:

Thrust

Status/effect:Miss

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon's Turn

Unfortunately, both the two valiant fighters missed their marks, and now it was the Red Dragon's time to retaliate.

He shook himself, slowly recovering from the blindness.

"You dared lift your weak arms against me..." He growled deeply, crouching more in the magma.

He growled again in frustration, since he couldn't hit the two of them with his claws while they were on his shoulders.

"Now you're gonna die the only death that you deserve, crushed like the little humans you are!" He bellowed, his voice full of anger and malice.

With that words, he took flight, and slammed into the cavern's ceiling, aiming to crush both of them between him and the ceiling.

------OOC: Will edit after Dice Roll-------- Dice Roll: 8, hit, 1 HP

Dellis and Takuto tried to jump down before being crushed, but the Dragon's speed was too high, and they didn't make it in time.

He felt his ribs splinter, as he crashed into the hard solid rock ceiling, and his HP bar went down a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat situation

Dellis HP: 8/9

Takuto HP: 10/11

Dragon HP: 18/18

NEXT TURN: Dellis

As the Dragon flew away from the ceiling he fell, stunned, but out of pure luck he didn't plunge straight into magma. As he hit the central island's floor, he couldn't help but count himself lucky.

He had lost sight of Takuto. Had he managed to stay on the dragon's back, unlike him, or did he fall down to the island too?

Nevertheless, he had to ready himself. The dragon was coming back to the island to finish him off.

His roars boomed in the darkness of the room, every step of his echoing as he took it.

"Surrender yourself to me, and die without all this useless noise." He said, melliflous. He seemed to have regained composure, now able to see again clearly.

He stepped onto the island, coiling again his wings. "It will be much easier if you do." He concluded.

Dellis was shaking in fear. This monster wasn't like normal AI, he was intelligent, much more than NPCs. It was like speaking with death itself.

*If I stay here, I'll die...* Came unbidden a thought to his mind.

*And yet...* Another voice inside him replied, *Takuto's still here somewhere. I can't abandon him. I won't.*

He stopped shaking.

And he charged, shouting "I will not run away from you!"

He jumped left and right, evading the Dragon's attacks. "Takuto! Wherever you are, take this!"

He shouted, flinging high in the air the Sunlight Sword, hoping he was near enough to take it in a jump. Takuto had demonstrated to be quite skilled in acrobatics, so it was a good bet.

"Attack at the same time as me!" He shouted, jumping, and aiming to bash the Dragon on its jaws to stun him.

--------OOC: Will Edit after Dice Roll-------- Dice Roll, 9: Critical, 2 HP damage

The shield lit up with the glow of a sword skill activating, and the hit connected.

It was a tremendous blow. The dragon reared up from the sheer force of it, growling in fury, stunned, his head twisting sidewards for the push.

*I DID IT!* he thought. *I just hope Takuto takes this chance...* he prayed, landing again on the island's floor.

Combat situation

Dellis HP: 8/9

Takuto HP: 10/11

Dragon HP: 18/18

NEXT TURN: Takuto

---------------Given Item to Takuto--------------

Sunlight Sword

This One-Handed Sword is made of gemstones, translucent and gleaming. It seems to shine in the dark with the same radiance of the sunlit day it was forged in, and is warm to the touch. It weighs a bit less than a normal one-handed sword, but its hits are little less heavy than a two-handed one. On the hilt, in little, shining letters, three words are written. Don't lose hope.

Enhancements/Powers: It raises the wielder's damage by 2 points. (Approved GM Shark)

(OOC: If you use this, every hit you make will do 2 damage more. So, a hit does 3 damage, and a critical 4.)

As the dragon hit the ceiling Takuto felt his body break and compact.Then, he felt the pressure lessen and he felt himself falling. He noticed no ground under himself. It was just a Magma pool waiting to swallow Takuto in its fiery depths. he looked at the wall of the cave. Its was his only option at the moment. He took his sword and drove it into the wall. The rocks flying out of the gash in the rock were plting Takuto in the face. Finally Takuto stopped.

Takuto was positioned to make another thrust attempt at the dragon. "Takuto! Wherever you are, take this!", Takuto heard as he saw a gleaming blade fly out of the plume of smoke in the middle island of the cave.

the balde he had caught was the sword he had wielded in Dellis's shop. It gleamed from its gem blade.

Takuto had an idea, if he could time it right he could use his sword to push off the wall and the sword Dellis threw to him to deal the blow.

Takuto waited he seen two sillhouetted figures in the smoke. One Dellis and the other the monster. Takuto observed the smoke plume. He couldn't see exactly where the two figures were so he couldn't attack yet.

He heard a loud roar. The Larger sillhouette lauched into the air and the Plume dissapeared and Takuto saw his chance. He aimed at the dragon and charged his sword skill. Then pushing off with his feet he almost flew towards the dragon. He started spinnning trying to make the effect of the hit greater. then aimed at the dragon's left wing.

---------------------------------------------------------------=Dice roll edit=-----------------------------------------------------------------

The dragon began flying again. Takuto hit by the gust from the Dragon's wings, flew into the island hard. When takuto got up he noticed Dellis looking into the sky, he was looking for the dragon.

Takuto 10/11

Dellis 8/9

Red Dragon 16/18

Dragon's Turn

The dragon looked around with his serpentine like eyes, amidst the smoke and destruction.

"Hmhmhmh... It seems your friend is dead, little man. He fell into the fiery depths of my lair..." said the dragon, in a melliflous voice.

Dellis was filled with dread. Takuto was still nowhere to be seen...

"Oh, but don't be so sad, child of the men. You'll be joining him very soon..." He added, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

And in that moment, as if he had summoned him, Takuto emerged from the dust, flying towards the Dragon.

The Dragon roared in displeasure, and took off.

*I cannot let these children attack me at the same time. Their fire is weak, but they are two. I must give flight, for the moment.* Thought the dragon, disappearing with a gust of wind into the darkness of the cavern.

For a moment, everything was still. Then Dellis and Takuto felt something pass over their heads, like a wind blown by death itself. Two razor sharp claws aimed for Dellis, and tried to the decapitate him on the spot. He tried to duck, but the claws hit him directly. He fell to the ground, the taste of blood swelling in his mouth.

The Dragon disappeared again into the Darkness, its location only betrayed by the noise of his flapping wings.

-----OOC will edit after Dice Roll: 7, Hit, 1 DMG

Takuto 10/11

Dellis 13/15

Red Dragon 16/18

NEXT TURN: Dellis

Dellis watched as Takuto lost his balance in flight due to the dragon's gust of wind, and fell to the ground.

"Oh, thank God you're alive!" He said, relieved, but in doing so he distracted himself.

No more than seconds later, the Dragon went off into the darkness.

"Did he go away? He surrendered?" He asked himself.

That thought almost cost him his head.

The Dragon went sweeping back over the Island, the sound of his wings the only warning.

He hit him directly on the head, and he fell face first to the earth, the taste of blood on his mouth.

And yet, when he came back, he was ready.

Behind his shield, he planted his legs in the island's rocks, trying to hurt him with his own speed, when he would clash onto him.

-----OOC: Will edit after dice roll.

He missed completely, the dragon flying past him and towards the darkness, where this time, he remained.

"He's toying with us, Takuto." He said to the young man, looking up to find him.

"You've got any Ideas?" He asked.

Takuto: 10/11

Dellis: 13/15

Dragon: 16/18

NEXT TURN: Takuto!

• 1 month later...

Dellis looked over to Takuto.

Dellis: Got any ideas?

Takuto felt useless..."what can I do?" he thought to himself.

Takuto looked at Dellis's shield.

Takuto: Dellis! I got it!

Takuto ran over to Dellis. He whispered as best as he could,"remember in the cave when i hid behind your shield to be protected from the blast."

Takuto waited for Dellis's answer

Takuto: Well I hide behind your shield and at the right moment I leap out and hit the beast.

PS: Man it has been s long sorry i took so long my computer had a virus it's stil barely working right now but ill try to fifnish this as quick as I can.oh and im not gonna post a dice roll until the plan kicks in.

• 2 weeks later...

"Dellis! I got it!" Shouted Takuto, while the red dragon was giving them some respite from his attacks.

The young man got closer to him, whispering so as not to be heard from the dragon.

"remember in the cave when i hid behind your shield to be protected from the blast?" Asked the young man.

Dellis nodded. "Sure, I remember. Why are you asking?" He said, tilting his head slightly.

Takuto answered promptly. "Well, I hide behind your shield and at the right moment I leap out and hit the beast."

He answered excitedly. "That's a good idea! You're right, Takuto. This way, he won't be able to notice you right until the last moment, and he'll be forced to get close to attack. If we do this correctly, you'll be able to hit him easily. Let's do this!"

He smiled, and planted his shield in the earth.

"Ok, hide behind this. I'll try my best to make you unnoticed." He stated.

-----------------------------

GM moderation:

+2 to damage, +2 to your next attack roll for your plan.

Dragon's turn

As soon as Dellis planted his shield in the rock of the island, from the darkness came the sound of the wings of the Dragon.

"Takuto! He's coming!" He shouted, holding fast to his shield.

"I'll try to hold him off, i'll leave to you the decision on when to jump out and attack! Aim for the throat, it's the less protected part!" He added, whispering.

The sound was circling them, coming off from every part of the cave, the Dragon trying to hide his real position using the echo.

And, suddendly, he emerged, scales shimmering brightly red.

But this time, he didn't pass overhead them, trying to decapitate him.

He stopped at the edge of the island.

"It has been fun, childe, and yet this game tires me. I am old, and cannot indulge in such plays for long." His melliflous voice was menacing.

"I'll give you and your dead friend a present." his laugh was something terrible, a sibilating hiss from his mouth.

"You shall witness the Fire of the Dragons."

And, with that, his chest started to shimmer even brightly, the radiance slowly ascending into his throat, the light shining through the Red Dragon's mouth like a star itself.

And the dragon breathed.

Dellis held desperately to the shield, hoping to deflect the burst of flame coming from the Dragon, and save Takuto, which was hidden behind it...

The hit was tremendous. The scorching, blinding flames hit Dellis' shield, the burst threatening to send it flying from his hands, and yet he couldn't let go, because if he did, they would both die.

The flame didn't hit them directly, since he had deflected them with his shield, and yet he screamed in pain as the heat washed over him and the flames scorched the skin near them.

Takuto was hit with a stray blast that he couldn't protect, that reached him at the shoulder...

And then, as soon as it came, it was past.

The dragon's breath had ended, and all around them spots of magma rock were still on fire, liquefying slowly. The Dragon still hadn't noticed Takuto... safely hid behind Dellis' shield.

He let go of it, and it fell down to the ground with a loud thud.

The only thing he managed to say was: "Takuto... now... his throat, remember!"

-----------------------------------------

Critical on Fire Breath - Special attack from the Dragon. 4 HP of damage to Dellis and Takuto.

Next Turn: Takuto - Remember the +2 to roll and +2 to damage due to your plan

Combat Situation:

Dellis: 11/17

Takuto: 8/13

Dragon: 16/18

Takuto was in shock from the burn on his shoulder.

Soon, rage began to fill his heart.

Takuto heard Dellis yell something. he couldn't really hear what he was saying but he read Dellis's lips.

Takuto looked up at the Dragon. It's neck was wide open for attack. The sunlight sword began glowing blue.

He Jumped with as much power as he could.

------------------=dice edit=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takuto reached the Dragon's neck. He slashed at it as hard as he could.

The dragon roared in fury and began flying away.

Takuto pushed off the dragon's neck before it flew away and landed in front of Dellis.

Takuto turned around and grinned. "It's time to turn the tide Dragon!", He yelled at the smog above them.

Takuto 10/11

Dellis 13/15

Dragon 12/18

(Sunlight sword is enchanted to do +2 damage, so your attack actually did 6 HP (2 critical, +2 plan, +2 enchantment), not 4!^^)

Dellis turned to Takuto, smiling, panting heavily from the damage he had suffered.

"That's the way, Takuto!! We can do this!" He grinned.

"Let's get that overgrown worm right were he belongs!" He shouted, ignoring the pain and flexing his legs against the earth to gain thrust. He jumped, and with the shield, aimed right for the Dragon, which was coming back, roaring in fury.

He hit the dragon in the face, making him lose his balance and fall to the island once again. He stood on four legs, shaking, drips of blood coming from his neck, burning the ground where they touched it.

It was time to end the battle.

Dragon: 9/18