[SP-F7] A Mountain of Materials

Azide swung at the thing once again, whatever it was. "I was already uninterested when this fight began, but the longer it continues, the more indifferent I become to it." His swing missed, with the creature moving out the way. In retaliation, it attacked back, swiping at him with a claw, or fin, or tail or some sort of appendage. Azide wasn't really keeping track. But in any case, the player managed to avoid it by sidestepping the attack, leaving the results of this little scuffle of theirs at a net zero.

ID: 8687

BD: 3 (Miss)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Damage taken (Both) = 0 (Misses)

Azide HP: 18/22 (-0)

Mountain Thing: 7/14 (-0)

Growing tired of this mindless combat, Azide made his way forward, casually taking a glancing blow from the creature. "The only reason why this thing is even damaging me is the fact that damage in this game never falls below one," he'd noted. He was all too aware that it posed absolutely no threat to his existence. Sponging the creature's attack as if it were nothing, he walked up right next to the beast and drove his blade deep into its heart. "Just die already." And with that, the thing shattered into piece, then faded away. It left behind something, which he assumed was a material of some sort. He sent it to his inventory, then sighed and began the long trip down the mountain and back to his laboratory. Once he neared the base, however, he spotted yet another one of those bushes he'd been searching before. "Hmm, must've missed this one."

ID: 8688

BD: 10 (Crit +2)

MD: 7 (Hit)

LD: 10 (Nothing)

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Min)

Damage taken (Mountain Thing) = 7 (Base+Rapier+Skills) + 2 = 9

Azide HP: 17/22 (-1)

Mountain Thing HP: -2/14 (-9)

*1 material acquired (5 materials acquired, total.)

Azide crouched down and gave the bush a very thorough frisking. "That sounds a little inappropriate when I think about it." He disregarded the thought, then continued searching around inside of the shrub. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted what he thought might be finally be a berry, but was actually just some small insect that'd landed on the thin branches. He reached his hand out to grab it, figuring he could just as easily use the creature as a material as any berries, but missed his opportunity as the bug flew off. He stood up, somewhat frustrated by the barren state of the mountain's bushes. "Five materials? Not great, but, it's something at least." He descended the rest of the distance down the mountain, then set down the trail leading back to the nearest town.

ID: 8689

LD: 14 (Close, but no cigar.)