[PP-F1] Aestus [Alyss]

The world around her was smudged into a blur - she denied it. She denied the stone wall that her thin frame was bunched up against, she denied the palms stuck to her face, warm and muddled with tears. She couldn't look around, not yet, drowning the sounds around her until she couldn't cry anymore, until her chest couldn't bear the erratic pace, receding into a slow, languid tempo.

What was left behind was a subtle kind of pain, pain that burned at her insides until she could feel it against the skin of her reddened face. The feeling she was left with was a horrible opposite of crying, it was her, minus crying. As if some menacing emptiness had been born within her, a twisted, void-like heat that pushed against her solar plexus. 

It didn't stop, merely crawling into the shadows of her psyche, mind far too busy observing the world around her. As she drew her face away from her hands, sunlight tore through her gaze. Cait did not find it fair, a sun so bright in a world that had deemed all its players mortal enemies. She tried to lift herself off the ground, but the weak shake of her legs kept her down, and so she pinned her face to her knees - if she could not walk, she'd rather look as if she simply didn't wish to.

From behind her bitter façade, the girl stole quick glances around. She recognized the walls of the Orphanage, and a faint touch of disappointment washed over her heart. She was a coward, seventeen years of age, wasting her time away, while people far younger than her stormed the lands, courageous, hopeful. The interface of the HUD display annoyed her, deeply. Next to that blasted HP bar was spelled in clear letters 'Hel'. But she wasn't Hel, she was no warrior, no conqueror. She was just some nobody far too afraid to move. Fighting was absurd, preposterous.

Alyss had been walking around the orphan most of the day, helping out, cleaning and making the beds.

She had heard some crying from outside but had not yet went out to look if it was one of the kids since she did not seem to have time for it.

But finally it was time for her break, so she went out to the front of the Orphan to look around.

She could not really see anything around, maybe it was in the ally on the side of the Orphan that the crying did come from, The 20 year old girl with bluish hair and starter cloth went over to peek around the corner just to see some shadow in the corner of the ally.

"I heard you cry, can i help you in someway ?" she said as she approached you still not sure if it was a man woman girl or little boy.

Steps. Edging towards her. She tensed up, reaching for the sword at her hip, before belittling herself with a huff: just because you have a sword at your side doesn't mean that you should reach for it whenever you feel like you're being threatened. Especially when that threat is probably just someone who saw you moping around and decided to take pity on you.

The girl cuts off her train of thought as she lifts her head up from where it rested atop her legs, meeting the gaze of a taller woman, with eyes just as blue as her short locks of hair, framing her face. The other player seemed to emanate a sort of simple warmth, cozy, motherly. That's probably because she helps around the orphanage...

"No.. No, it's ok.. I'm... f-fine." The words came out of her mouth rushed, stuttered, betraying their falsity, accompanied by the erratic shaking of her head, from left to right. The younger player felt a bit guilty at the thought that she'd denied the honest offer, replying after a moment of silence. "Actually.. Yeah. Uhm, could you help me get up?" Embarrassment washed over her face as she extended her hand forward, eyes avoiding the other's. Needing help to get up. A++. Amazing. You're completely helpless, I swear to god.

Alyss did not mind helping out the girl at all as she walked over to take your hand. "So i'm Alyss by the way glad to meet you, would you like to come inside and get something to eat and maybe a blanket so you don't get cold?" she said and the air had changed to that with a scent of rain, as she said "ooh it's about to start raining, we should hurry inside before we get soaked" she had seen before she got close that you reached for your weapon but was not quite scared of that cause PKers in town would die quite quickly, and chance for one being in town was quite small.

Alyss was also sure this girl could not even be a PKer she seemed scared of her own shadow, it was quite sad to look at but she was there to help her out now.

"Thanks." Her words fell off, only to make themselves clear once again, with an apology. "I'm sorry. That was... over the line. I've been rather tense, as of late." She bowed her head to the other shortly, before following her into the Orphanage, eyes stuck on the wooden floor.

She knew she should have been out there, roaming the floors of Aincrad to build EXP points and make a name for herself, yet found the cozy haven far more pleasant, peaceful. Since being tossed into Sword Art Online, Hel had constantly felt at a crossroads, unsure. On one side, she didn't wish to risk her life out on the field, and would have retired to practice a craft with a NPC trainer. On the other side, even without the freedom to build and design her avatar, she was an experienced VRMMO player, and with such experience came the duty to act, the need to. 

"Say, how far up have the front lines reached?" Maybe she'd be able to catch up. Rotting away in a city was no life for her anyway. Too mundane. Too much like her old reality.

Alyss giggled and went inside of the orphan with the girl.

"How far the front line is, not sure but around floor 9 from what i heard" she said and went over to a table and sat down and looked towards you "Come on miss, sit down i get you a blanket and maybe something to eat"

She gets up and goes over to look at what theres in the kitchen and starts cooking some food for the two

"Floor 9.." She could've still catched up, could've still gone for it, even if it meant grinding her way up. Alas, from what she had gathered, Sword Art Online was a linear MMO, meaning that stats played a huge role, that even with precision the strongest of slashed could miss its target, all due to a low accuracy stat. She sighed, anxiousness bubbling up against her rib cage, the sort of feeling one has when considering an unlikely future - fear and eagerness clashing against each other in a quiet battle for dominance.

Sitting down, she diverted her thoughts from her own worries, watching intently as- Alyss, was it? Probably.- cooked up a meal. Hm, in game crafting always felt so... impersonal. As opposed to combat, there was no way to connect with the results of work, it was all menu-based - one of the reasons why she never really had any interested in becoming a craftsman, a lot of farming involved, not that many results. Plus that most people looked for good items, and useful sets were rarely made, with the drop rates being pretty small most of the time. What point was there in camping the same mob packs over and over again til something good dropped? Tch, no patience for such things.

"Do you work here or- I mean, does the game have a job system? I've seen people with shops, but are there any actual jobs?" She figured that if she'd managed to talk to another player, at least she could find out more about the game itself.

Alyss got done cooking and carried the two plates of Paste Tomato Sauce over to the table and smiled.

"No there is not a job system in the game yet, but everything have not been opened up in the game yet so maybe there will be one at some point who knows right?" she said and sat down at the table on the other side.

"So you wanna be at the front line?, i would so too but it takes lots of farming to get the gear to have a chance at the front" she said before starting to eat her pasta.

"I guess that jobs would have been too... low risk. They might open up more options, but generally, they have players introduced to mechanics like that from the start... I don't know exactly if I want to, but I know that I should. I've seen kids, like legit children, barely in their teens, fighting. So I don't have an excuse for not doing it... To be honest, if I could trust myself with my own survival, then I'd be grinding all day. 'S not that easy though." A low puff left her lips, brows furrowed in irritation,  arms crossed over each other.

She wouldn't allow herself to sit and mope about being prisoner to this game, she would rally her strength to tear through pack after pack of mobs. She'd cry out her battle song inbetween blows... Only if she hadn't been to afraid to act, to afraid to stand up for herself. Ugh.

Alyss looks at the girl and smirked "If you wan't we can go out fight tomorrow?, i gladly help you out with your first fights, i did get help with my first fights and they are a little scary the first time." Alyss said and did eat a little more.

"The worst part of it is that its a game so the game picks if you even gets to hit the mob even tho you can touch it with your hand your chance is still that you miss it, kinda sucks" she said hatind the RND gods.

"Do you like the food?"