Long Range Attacks

I think there could be a good opportunity here. Depending on what kind you have, you can find these and blacksmiths could craft these maybe?

Throwing Pick x 5 Per Craft or loot drop

Each enhancement(Uncommon, Rare, Perfect, Unique, ect.) adds a enhancement point in a status effect such as the following:

Damage

Thorns

Paralysis

Burn 

Hate(Used to make the monster attack the player on it's next turn)

Just an idea to throw into this all. I mean, we try to stick as close to the anime as we can, right? 

I realize that making a change wasn't your original intention but I have to agree with Draterion, it seems like a very good opportunity to introduce it as a skill. It certainly sounds like it could be a very useful skill for large party raids too. Perhaps as an Extra Skill for knife users? (Right now with all weapons being equal, it's hard to justify limiting it as an Extra Skill though). 

It would also introduce another consumable which has the benefit of promoting both economic and resource management.

One thing that comes to mind though is the limitation on three wearable enhanced items, would picks be considered one? That would be a major draw-back.