Weapon Lists

I wasn't sure whether or not to post in this my previous post about battles but with things being finalized should we make of list of weapons the players can use? I know we have:

One-Handed Swords (with or without shields)

Katanas

Two Handed Swords

Hammers

Axes (one or two handed)

Projectiles (pebbles to throwing picks)

Rapiers

Spears

Daggers

But does anyone want to include other weapons? I kind of want to include bows and arrows. Crim said he doesn't think they really exist in this game but I want to keep an open mind about these things and with the latest trailer for Sword Art Online Infinity Moment released today I saw a girl (pretty sure it was Sinon) using a bow and so I thought it best to open up this topic.

I think we should simply say any bladed weapon or weapon with a pointy metal end goes. If you saw a bow & arrow in the SAO game trailer, then I figure it's canon?

With axes and such available, I'm sure Naginatas would be as well.

Since there's no pure hand-to-hand I'm going to be boring and probably just use a one-handed greatsword (together with a shield when on foot, if I can have one). Basically standard knight regalia? I'd like to ride into battle, but horses are apparently expensive. Well, gonna up my riding skills anyways... who knows when they'll be useful, and I dunno if anyone else would be willing to waste their points on something like this. xD

So is it safe to say that the world of SAO has an extensive arsenal available for use, like a varying number of bladed weapons, hammers, and the like, it's all pretty much just then asking if there is a limitation of banned types of weaponry. Obviously, a plasma gun is a no-noXD But tonfas? It would be an interesting thing to see fleshed out~

The game states that there is almost an almost endless number of skills so i would assume that there were weapon skills that were not discovered or were not mentioned. Probably end game weapons and other hidden weapon skills like Dual Blades

So whos to say we can't have some fun and make up our own weapon skills. They have Martial Arts skill, but whos to say if you master that one, you can unlock a unique skill like <> XD

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the counter thing personally. I'd also like to re-open the "long range" weapon discussion. I'm gonna say no guns even muskets cause that's probably too advanced. But I think bows, crossbows, and arrows should be fine. We'll probably have to set up an ammo system cause even in the anime Kirito used throwing picks so I'm still thinking long range weapons should be possible. At the least such a thing would keep parts of the forum active.

We're requiring people to be honest anyone about items and the whole journal thing. As for how the ranged weapon system would work I have an idea. Players using those things will have to have an accessory for holding ammo. So like a quiver with (20/20) status or a belt for throwing picks (6/6) and for each attack used you minus one. When you hit 0 you have to go back to a town for more. It would certainly mean players would have to be choosy adding more spice to their posts!