[PP-F9] Guardian of Fire (Finnick, Nikki Styx)

Draterion sat on the flaming town of Vulcan Village's square, thinking about all the things that were going on. Eventually Draterion decided to check out the quest board, and saw something called Guardians of Fire, and thought it was interesting. BUt it would be rather hard to do alone.. Draterion would have to find someone to come along with him, preferably someone who would not die. He turned his head to see if anyone who could help him was near.

Ender walked around the quest boar wondering what there could be in any of these quests for him. Ender had gotten so last in this world that he had paid for a month long stay in a hotel and moped. It was time for Ender to come back into this world, the world of Sword Art Online needed Ender. Without him, this world would be very pointless. 

While he was reading the quest board he found something. The Guardian of Fire.  The quest was partially lined  up with mythology, and Greek to be specific. Greek was his favorite kind, followed by Norse, Egyptian, and Roman. But the quest contained Ceberus, the supposed guardian of Hades, the god of the Underworld, one of the three eldest gods. 

Ender went to the other side of the quest board to see another player looking at the same quest, and said: "You must be interested in Greek mythology and dragons, such as I am. I can tell you like dragons by your armor. Would you want to take that quest with me?" Ender smirked a bit.

Draterion turned to where he had heard the sound from, and saw that it was Ender, a member of his guild. He must not be able to see it's me in my armor.............. Draterion looked back at him, and quickly made a "sure" back, but then he ended up turning to read more about the quest. The hell hounds had thirty health! That could be a danger. They'd have to kill an unknown number of them to get the Cerberus to come down. "Yah, let's do this thing!" 

Draterion saw the image and clicked the blue circle button and thought for a moment and then saw Ender's name popped up onto his screen, and was preparing for what Ender would say when he saw Draterion's name. But they needed to hurry up and leave, get going. Without listening to what Ender was saying back to Draterion, he ran off into the distance, because he knew it would be a long time before they made it to the cave. It was already almost night, so it would take three nights and two days.

Ender noticed Draterion select the accept button and watched as the name appeared on his screen. "Wha----" Ender stared at it a bit longer. "I couldn't even no-" Ender realized he wasn't looking and Draterion had ran off into the wilds. Ender quickly sprinted up to catch up to him, wanting to stay by his guild leader. "I couldn't tell it was you through your huge armor!" Finnick stated and then turned to focus on where they were going, and Ender was now at a slow walking pace as they headed further and further away from Vulcan, their safe place to stay.

"Heh, yah, I got me some great armor, don't I, Ender?" Draterion continued to walk forward. "So this Cerberus seems a little hard to defeat, with an unknown number of hell hounds having to be defeated before finding Cerberus, right? Wouldn't you agree?" From a distance, Draterion hears the activity of a volcano, that must have been far away from where he was now. Draterion hadn't really ventured onto the ninth floor much, really. So he didn't know what happened when a volcano imploded. "Are you ready to fight it? It's sad there's no Hades in the dungeon though."

"I wouldn't exactly want to deal with Hades," Ender said, "But I bet you he would have dropped the Helm of Darkness! So I know this is gonna be a hard quest. But we need to figure some sort of plan...A plan you know, so we don't die all on our own on Floor 9. Other than this quest, this floor isn't actually that hard. But there has to be that one quest, in which......In which a player dies. And then another. And then the rest seek glory and die. A massacre that was not important as some thought it was, you know what I mean?" 

((OOC: Finnick, the field rations applies the buff for the entire thread or 1 role play day, whichever comes first. This thread takes place over 2 days, meaning it will have worn off by the time we hit the boss. I would suggest you edit and save it for the last day.))

Nikki hated this floor most of all. Out of everything they had found, this was the one least like her home. It was hot, it made her sweat, and it smelled of sulfur and ash. She was used to the cold crisp airs of floor four. Its where she resided most of the time, and where she and her husband had rented a place together. It was on rare occasion that she ventured from her home, and rarer still that she came to this floor. In fact her last trip here had been when she had helped scout the boss room. She could remember vividly that moment when their small party entered the room for the first time. She had howled at the beast to get its attention and draw its fire so her friends could escape. It torched her as best as it could but she was far too resilient for it. That's why she had agreed to leave the front lines, she had forgotten how thick her own armor was, and assumed the boss was weak. Two players perished for her mistake.

Se suddenly realized what was going on and gave her head a quick shake, as if to dislodge the memories that caused her grief. She had just left the town and was following a not so familiar path in search of a new boss, the Cerberus. It had been for a quest, fight the hell hounds, attack the boss, get the reward. In this case it was a potion that applied fire damage to an attack. This was a delightful thought, and something that would certainly give her an edge in a fight. 

Her pace had been fast as she soon caught up to a pair of players who had left earlier. She did not recognize them from the front lines, but they did carry themselves as if they knew what they were doing. They must have been hunting the Cerberus as well. She carried on staying a safe distance behind them, while running over the stats of the boss in her mind. 3 heads, 30 health each, 3 attacks, 3 damage each, plus fire, which as an effect luckily didn't stack. Still, that was a lot for 2 players to deal with. She wondered now if they knew what they were getting themselves into.

"Scuse me," She called out to the players in front of her. "You wouldn't be going after Cerberus would you?"

Draterion knew they should consider turning back. Two weak guild mates didn't stand a chance against a cavern that takes health away, an unknown number of hell hounds, and a giant three headed dog from Greek mythology. He knew they should turn around, it was a very dangerous quest to be taking. But Draterion knew in his heart that he would not die here, and he hoped Ender knew he would not die here either. 

The sun was beginning to go down as Draterion had walked quietly, without saying a word to Ender while he thought inside his head. Do we stand a chance against this monster? Do we? But, Cerberus wasn't the true monster, Okihiku Kiawa was the true enemy. And of course, his partner, the Nervegear. as Draterion was about to get into that thought, he stopped abruptly when he heard a player from behind's voice. "Umm, very unintelligent and wisely, yes, but we are. "Would you happen to be doing so too?"

Draterion could not stop thinking in his head how hard this quest would be for the two of them, even the three of them, to complete this quest. But now that he thought about it...........................A level nine, A level 23, and a strong unknown leveled player...................Maybe we do stand a chance against this "cerberus"! "I don't supposed you would be too, because we could join forces in this, making it much less an unwise decision, you know? And if you took this alone and did not know you would find us here, that leaves me to believe you were even unwiser in making your decision then us!" Draterion began to walk backwards to the player. "Mine name is Draterion and this is Ender. Nice to meet ya'!"

But what the player with Ender did not know was that Ender felt they should have turned around by now. Ender was just starting to have that little feeling inside.........This quest was gonna be really hard......But then Ender noted the player behind them. If she would accompany them, they still have a high chance of dying. It's like taking Long Live the Queen 12 times at once. And then put it on the horrible floor ten, and then put it in the Inferno Caverns. That's how hard it was. And now Ender didn't want to do it, and he feared that if the three of them entered the Inferno Cavern, only one player would survive. They should turn around right at the moment, Ender knew they had taken too hard a quest when he thought about it. "Are you guys sure we should be doing this?" Ender asked after introducing them to the player.