[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of The Forest (Complete)

Elyth stood at the edge of Horunka Village, pacing back and forth in an indecisive manner.

The reason for her pacing was the quest «Secret Medicine of The Forest.» It was a first-floor quest, which meant that Elyth could probably complete it, given her level, and get an «Anneal Blade» as a reward. However, the quest objective was to retrieve a «Little Nepent's Ovule», a medicinal ingredient that was a drop from the rare plant-type mob «Little Nepent.»

Elyth had had a suspicion that something was wrong the moment she had entered the house of the NPC. She had only been offered water, despite there being something in the pot simmering on the stove. Then, she heard the coughing of a child and had offered her help, only to have to remain seated to listen to the NPC's tale of woe.

And now, this quest.

"You know, if I went with a party..." Elyth muttered quietly. "Then... Maybe I could complete the quest? But it's not like I have much experience fighting right now, and the mob is a rare monster after all..."

Zauis, walking with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground as if he was in a saddened mood though that wasn't the case. This was his natural look and everyone in town knew it. He just finished running from NPC guards because he was orange. The people of the town knew he was orange for a good deed so he wasn't bothered by them. Right as he was about to look up he rammed into a young lady. "I'm sorry about that! I didn't mean to do that. Damn I should really watch where I'm going." he said apologetic while rubbing the back of his neck.

The young boy, Zauis, stood at about 5'9 and he was a dark toned guy with dark black hair that took the shape if a bowl cut. His attire consisted of black jeans, black boots, chest plate with a long red trench coat trimmed in white and I'm the back of the trench coat was written "Knights of Christ" and also had the logo of the guild on the back which was a two swords crossed over a shield.

Zauis gave the girl a friendly smile though his face looked uneasy and rather embarrassed.

Elyth looked at the young man who she had just bumped into.

Her first thought was, "I have never seen someone wear white, red, and black like this before. Or have I?"

The second was, "Why does he look so uneasy? Did I do something subconsciously that caused this?"

Then she noticed the orange cursor above his head. An orange player? Was he dangerous? And his level, he was at level 19! Elyth shook her head from side to side before remembering to reply.

"Um... Yeah. I hope I'm fine," Elyth stuttered. In her mind, she couldn't help but wonder, "Are you?"

Zauis smiled, he already knew what the girl was probably thinking. He rubbed the back if his neck while panting slightly. "Well I'm glad your alright. Sorry about that! Oh yeah, if your thinking I'm a bad guy then go ahead. But I'm only orange cause some player killers thought it would be funny to bother my friend. So I took them out and saved her. I'm orange cause I attacked first. I was too upset to even care at that point. No one bothers the people I love or just random goers who aren't doing anything!" he said calmly yet in a brute tone.

He bowed down to her while his bowl hair bounced. "By the way, the names Zauis. Mostly known as Zuzu. Nice to meet you! Where you planning on doing something before I bumped you?" he smiled revealing his dimples along with his widen dark green eyes.

"Eh?" Elyth sure wasn't expecting that as a reply. Was he a psychic? And that outburst was such a change in the atmosphere!

Regardless, she needed to complete that quest. And this guy was level 19.

"Okay, should I ask him or no?" Elyth debated in her mind for a second, before thinking, "Oh well, I'll give it a shot."

"I was going to try to complete the quest «Secret Medicine of The Forest.» Um... If you have the time, could you please assist me?" Elyth blurted out, hoping she wouldn't regret it later. "Uh, I mean, could you please guide me? You're level 19, so..."

Oh dear. This was going to be awkward.

Noticing her facial expression made him chuckle a bit. After he told her his background story it kinda broke the ice for him. Returning him to his carefree cocky attitude. He listened to the girl while nodding at every word she said. "To be honest you shouldn't really need help for this weak quest. Hell, I've got nothing else to do right so let's get this quest over with. I'm all game. Oh yeah, just because I'm level 19 doesn't really mean anything. Yes, I'm very strong but I wouldn't be as strong if I didn't have that will of fire my leader passed down to me." he said calmly.

Zauis stuck his hands in his pockets and slowly started to walk outta the town. "Hurry up before you get left kiddo. I really could do this quest alone and just give you the Anneal blade. Hmph" he said in a cocky matter even though he was only sixteen.

"Oh, so he's going to help," Elyth thought as "Zuzu" walked away.

"W-wait!" She said almost immediately afterwards, and began chasing after the boy in the red and white coat.

When she caught up, the two were heading west of Horunka Village to the forest where the «Little Nepent» spawned.

He heard the girl yell out wait but he continued walking while he noticed she caught up to him. "Heheh. Next time don't waste time spacing out you loser or I will leave you." he said cocky like but was trying to make her comfortable around him by him teasing her.

Taking his hands outta his pocket and pulling up his HUD menu he revealed a box in his hand. You can pretty much tell by the smell that it was food. Upon opening the box he looked down at his favorite snack which was cream filled bread bites. He held out the box to her showing her the box filled with cream filled bread bites. He smirked. "Try one. I promise you it's good!

Elyth took the cream-filled bread from the boy next to her and bit into it.

Lights exploded in her eyes. Fireworks popped in her brain.

"What," Elyth whispered in awe, the volume of her voice steadily rising. "What is this deliciousness? I have never tasted anything quite so moving ever since I got stuck here!"

Elyth quickly devoured the rest of the bread, making sure not to leave any crumbs behind.

"Quick! Where did you buy this?" she exclaimed, her tone urgent.

Elyth took the cream-filled bread from the boy next to her and bit into it.

Lights exploded in her eyes. Fireworks popped in her brain.

"What," Elyth whispered in awe, the volume of her voice steadily rising. "What is this deliciousness? I have never tasted anything quite so moving ever since I got stuck here!"

Elyth quickly devoured the rest of the bread, making sure not to leave any crumbs behind.

"Quick! Where did you buy this?" she exclaimed, her tone urgent.

Zauis smiled, his eyebrow raising at her expression he took one of the cream filled bread bites and popped it into his mouth while chewing it his face was filled with delightful ness. "I take it you like it? It's cream filled bread bites. You can get them from a diner in town or even make them if your skilled enough. I usually eat a few of these a day since it's enough to full me up and keep me going!"

He held the box and placed it in her hands and smiled. "You can have them. Ahhh! I'm ready to get this quest over with. It's rather boring and monsters don't really show up as much in the area were in. Geez...."

After she started speaking he quickly placed his index finger in front if her mouth. "Don't talk with your mouth full you idiot. I don't want you to choke or anything. And on to your question, I actually don't know. I've never really heard of that before." he said confused while smiling at her munching on the cream filled bread bites. Thinking to myself, wow, she's like the first that's ever enjoyed them besides me. Everyone else enjoys other things. He patted her back gently. "Weirdo."

"He just called me an idiot," Elyth thought, frowning slightly and deep in thought. "I was stuffing my face with bread-bites and trying to talk at the same time. I suppose I did look idiotic- wait, why am I analyzing that?"

Elyth shook her head and looked up from her bread bites to see a dark and looming forest.

"Is that... Do we need to go in? I have a feeling I don't want to go in," Elyth said quickly.

Zauis noticed her frown while he smiled at her to let her know he didn't mean the name calling, if that's what she was thinking. Then he heard her ask the most ridiculous question ever. His dull expression on his as he raised two fingers and poked her forehead slightly rough. "Of course were going in there. We didn't come this way for nothing. If you chicken out now then I'll finish this alone." he said calmly while sticking his hands in his pockets and walking toward the forest and slowly entering it.

"A-again? Oh, fine! Wait for me please!" Elyth shouted for the second time that day. She quickly put the cream puffs away and started chasing after Zauis, determined not to get left behind. Again.

After much internal sighing, Elyth slowly got used to the creepy, Grimm-like forest, her practical side overpowering her imagination.

Then she saw the weirdest plant she had or will ever see.

"Is THAT what we need to fight? Because it looks cool. I bet my friend would give anything to have perfect teeth like that," was her sudden epiphany.

"Okay okay. Stop whining about getting left behind. Maybe you should keep up! " he looked around the forest carefully to examine if he saw any monsters that would sneak attack us. Not seeing any we finally encountered the plant. Upon seeing it I leaned against a tree and crossed my arms and closed my eyes. "Just go over there a give it a slice. It's pretty weak in fact...h-hey watch out!!!" as he yelled out to her he pushed her outta the way from the group of boars which rammed towards Zauis who unsheathed his sword, The Oblivon. Slicing through each of the boars with ease he sheathed his red and black sword and walked over to the girl and reached out for her hand. "Are you alright....uh? You still haven't told me your name. How clumsy are you!?"

OOC: You can't. >_>

"Um, I can trip on an escalator, yet somehow I can't fall in ice-skates, so what does that make me?" Elyth thought out loud. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. My name's Elyth. This is severely overdue, but, nice to meet you!"

Elyth reached out to grab Zaius' hand, and he pulled her up.

"By the way, shouldn't I fight too? I feel really bad making you do all the work. I even took your cream- puffs," Elyth said as she unsheathed her beginner's sword.

"Wow, and I thought I was just dull and unusual. You beat me by a long shot. The winner of the weirdest person in sword art online goes to....." he points over to her and smiles when she reveals her name. "Thats a beautiful name! Nice to meet you to. And I don't really mind fighting but this is your quest. Here kiddo..." he tossed her beginners blade aside and went through his HUD and revealed his old sword which was pretty powerful, it was the Cliducster. He handed it to her and watched as her hands kinda dropped. "Its pretty heavy. I'm sure you can handle it though. Just swing at the plant a few times. It's really weak! I promise. If that thing even touches you I'll slaughter it before your very eyes." he clenched his teeth while crossing his arms.