[PP-F4] <<Earning a Living>> (Sozen)

A burst of cold wind accompanied the man dressed in simple villager clothes as he entered Rainbow Sweets, taking a moment to wipe his shoes at the door and set his war hammer and pack down. Looking around, he nodded appreciatively at the impressive array of desserts in the shop. "Very nice. I'll have to come back when I've got some Col to spend."

Walking up to the counter, he looked around before clearing his throat and calling out. "Pardon me, but is the owner around? I was asking about where I could learn how to cook, and was told Alyss could get me started. Perhaps I could help out around here for a bit, figure out the mechanics of cooking in this world?"

Alyss came walking out from the back of the shop wearing an apron as she smiled at you with her greenish hair.

"Hey there i'm Alyss, glad to meet you, so your the one that i got told was coming to learn the basics about cooking then?, should we get started then?, come you can take off your shoes and come around, and don't mind the Panda on the desk he does not bite" She said and went out back again as she waited for you to come out into the kitchen.

Sozen tensed up slightly when he realized he had completely missed seeing the small bear on the counter, then relaxed at seeing that it was fast asleep. Pulling off his shoes and setting them by his other gear at the door, he followed the shop owner to the kitchen, taking note of the cooking setups.

"Glad to meet you, Alyss. Thanks for the instruction, I really appreciate it. So, how can I help out around here?"

"First you can show me your cooking skills, so open up the profession menu and find cooking, since thats what you want to learn, then find something you wanna make on the list and press the craft button and wait for your roll to say if you fail or its a success"

(Press the Perma Roller button to open a new window here you write your name at the top and copy in link to this thread in second box and then press roll. CD is your Crafting Dice go look under the profission guide for what a rank 1 cook need to roll to not fail, since its the quest to learn it we don't use mats in this one, so give it a try and write a little something about what you roll)

"Then we see if your good friends with the gods up there or you cover my kitchen in rotten fish or something like that" she said and giggled

"Very well, let's see if the Prophet favors me today." Sozen opened up his crafting menu and scanned through the Basic recipes, looking for something simple to start out with. "Cheese and crackers, grilled apples, garlic bread... hmmm, how about a simple dish of toast? I know that I like mine with a dash of honey on it." With that, he selected a plain loaf of bread, tapped a small honey container, and hit 'Craft'.

[iD: 10184]

CD: [4] (Failure)

Unfortunately, he hadn't noticed the 'Temperature' setting above the 'Craft' button, until the readout settled and he saw that the bread was more fit for a Blacksmith's furnace than a Bakery. "Whoops. Sorry about that."

ID 10198 CD 6+1 (Uncommon)

Alyss smiles at you and giggles "Good first try, let me give it a try with that bread" she said and did open her menu and scrolled over the recipes she did now to find the loaf of bread, and the next moment she standed with a plate with a piece of toast on it.

"That was not so hard, come on try again, i know you can do it and we be keep going until your finally done, do you get that?"

Alyss smiled at him and giggled "You should have been a blacksmith you could keep your foundry running for ages on that" She said and looked at his Charcoal.

"Come on keep on going, i already said we won't go to next step before you succeed in just making a simple piece of bread" she said with a smile and then looked at him

Sozen grimaced at his failure. Here he had come to this lady's store to ask for instruction and help out in return, but he couldn't even cook a piece of bread!

"Ok, maybe the third time will be the charm..."

[iD: 10227]

CD: [5] (Bad)

"Gah. Still not edible. But at least you can tell this used to be toast. If I trim off some of the edge, I might be able to try this piece again."

"I know, I know. Just frustrated that I can't get this simple thing right. Maybe if I try a different type of bread..."

[iD: 10236]

CD: [5] (Bad)

"Nope, now it's too under-cooked to serve. Maybe I should just give up on toast and try something else." Sozen pushed the loaf of bread aside and started scrolling through the Basic Recipe list.

Alyss looked at Sozen and giggled "Your good Damm horrible in a kitchen, your sure you wanna be a cook?" she said and looked at Sozen.

As she walked out and did grab her sleeping familiar on the counter and then went out to turn the sign at the store to closed since she could see this would take some time.

"Keep going we can't move on before you can make at least something eatable"

"Ok, you've got this. You can manage to make some friggen Sliced Apples, Sozen. Just open the menu, select the recipe, hit 'Craft', and-" Sozen closed his eyes and winced as he hit the button.

[iD: 10286]
CD: [1] (Epic Failure)

Maybe Sozen made something edible, or maybe it was another failure. The truth will forever be lost to history, as whatever the result was, as a certain Panda chose that moment to wake up, see some food, and eat it before Sozen opened his eyes again.

"... it's a disaster, isn't it?" Sozen dared to look at the counter. "Huh? Where did the apple go?"

"Alright, bread and fruits haven't done so well. Maybe just prepping a snack of cheese and crackers?"

[iD: 10290]

CD: [11] (Rare)

With a *ding*, the scattered collection of crackers and cheese cubes in front of Sozen suddenly formed up into a neat little tray, with a sprig of thyme resting on top. The player was left dumbfounded.

"I... I did it? Finally? Um, I mean, of course I did it! Only a matter of time."

Alyss smiled at Sozen as it finally did work for him. "That took some time before you could make anything, okay next step we need you to try craft a perfect, so you can serve it to a customer and see if they like your cooking"

She said and picked up poo and placed him at the table.

"So get on with it"

(are your char not dead by the way?)

"Alright, I'll keep trying then. Let's see if toast is feeling kind to me by now."

[iD: 10363]

CD: [2] (Failure)

"Nope, still looks like coal. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, toast should be simple! I've got to keep trying before I can serve anything to a customer."

Alyss looked at Sozen and giggled. "Keep on going at some point you might master making food, when you get a perfect quality dish then i will let you complete your quest, since i'm basically your quest giver today"

She said with a smirk and did look at all the charcoal Sozen had made in her kitchen.