Announcement Upcoming Guidelines Taking Effect

Hey there Role Players! GM Kay here! So to help things better on this forum I've made up some new guidelines to use on the SAO sub-forum. I'm giving you all Monday of next week, Feb. 24th 2014 to see this and adjust cause that's when the new rules go into effect. But before that happens there will still be time to help adjust these rules. Soon enough in the Support and Feedback area there will be a new thread pertaining to this one where you can give suggestions or approval to help change this before the start date.

Here are the new rulings:

Combat Guidelines

The rules for these posts are simple. When fighting you do TWO posts the first is for action such as swinging your weapon, or dodging. The second post will be the same for all players. It will have one line: “Dice Roll†which is the roll the being posting after you will use to act upon. The second post CANNOT be edited at all as it will mess up the flow of combat. Health is decided by level. You take your level under you name on the right, multiply it by two, and add three. Successful hits do 1 damage for, critical hits do 2. This is not accounting for status afflictions.

Boss Fight Guidelines

A boss is a unique monster with its own name and skills. Battles with one are undertaken in two types of threads [Events] which are hosted by a Staff Member and the other type [Raid] which are hosted by a player who is approved by a Staff Member. Boss fight's are while open very organized so you must get in touch with the player who started the thread before posting wildly. The players chosen to organize these are held in good standing and are good at setting things up. These threads work on a rotation basis meaning 3 players post at a time in a order agreed on by the author. Then the boss posts then three others post and the story goes on like that till we're back at the beginning. Health is decided on as before and for a boss's HP a hit will do one point (unless status afflicted) and a critical will do 2. When the boss had died, barring the organizers death they will then conduct a final post where they open the portal to the next floor or the item sought after is obtained or the event is concluded.

PvP Guidelines

These threads are called [Duel] and are usually organized as a result of another thread. These threads are private. Non-duels aren't. After agreeing a player posts. HP is determined by level. A hit does one damage (status effects not calculated in) a criticize hit does 2. The Duel ends when one admits defeat or dies. These rules also apply to non-duels conducted in regular threads.

Unique Skill Guidelines

A Unique Skill is something that automatically becomes available after the user does something extraordinary that meets the prerequisite for it, whether it's beating a special boss, completing a quest, or doing something character related. That is the general outline. Creation of a Unique Skill must be focused around your weapon, your stats, a unique style of playing, or some combination of the three. Getting the skill is revealed in a social thread like any other but they have a special title in them called [Discovery]. In order to use this title and get the skill you HAVE to clear it with a staff member by proving you earned it. When they give the OK you can edit your journal and can begin to use it.

Regarding acting as a Raid manager or wanting a Unique Skill you should probably contact me as this is my dealings. I prefer PM's as they get my attention faster. If necessary use Edan or Shark to get my attention though.