[SP-F1] «Feeding the Enemy»

Helios was sitting on a bench in the Town of Beginnings relaxing. He had just gotten back from farming XP from boars and was extremely bored. He spotted an NPC that he had never seen here before. She was standing by the gate and looked like… a gypsy maybe? He curiously walked over to the NPC and started talking to her. She talked about a monster in a forest. If you feed this monster, it is said that it can be tamed.

He grinned and happily accepted the quest. His first step in completing the quest was to get food for the monster. His first thought was apples. Who doesn’t like apples? he thought. The gypsy was selling food so he bought an apple. He thought about buying a second apple for himself, but decided he still had some bread and didn't want to waste col. Helios put the apple in his inventory and left the Starter City to begin his adventure. He was going to tame this monster, no matter what it took.

From what the gypsy had told him, the forest was not very far away. In fact, he could see it from the gate of the Starter City. He walked in the direction of the forest and thought about what could be in there. What was the monster she spoke of? The NPC never told him what kind of mob it was. It could be anything! He hoped it was something cool and not a lame boar. He laughed at the thought of having a boar as a companion. Helios arrived at the forest that the gypsy told him to go to and looked inside it. He expected to be dark but it was actually quite bright inside. He walked through the bushes and entered the forest. The sounds of monsters echoed throughout the forest and he became a little nervous.

What if I'm not able to tame the monster? What if I die...? he thought to himself. He equipped his short sword just to make sure he was ready if something attacked him. He soon began to be paranoid; he'd jump at every sudden noise or movement. The deeper he went into the forest, the brighter it got. Almost as if there was a fire in the middle of it and it was spreading. He stopped at the sound of a bush shaking. At first he thought it was the wind, but no, it couldn't be. He slowly turned around and raised his sword. "Please tell me there isn't anything there..." he whispered quietly.

A boar jumps out of the bush scares him half to death! Helios got his sword ready and waiting for an attack from the monster. "So... are you going to attack or what?" he asked, even though he knew the boar couldn't say anything back. He decided to charge at the boar instead of just waiting for it to attack. "Alright boar! Die!" he yelled at the boar.

ID: 10345

BD: 4(Miss)

MD: 10(Crit)

Helios: 5/7

Boar: 4/4

Helios attacked the boar but it dodged just in time. The monster headbutted him in the chest and knocked him over. "I should have practiced this more..." he muttered. He didn't know what he would do if he were to die from a boar. Well, he wouldn't do anything because he would be dead, but you know what I mean. The boar was the weakest monster in the game. He would feel disgraced to die to one. He got back up and got ready to attack again. "I'll get you this time boar!" he said as he got ready to attack it again.

Charging at the boar, he lifted his sword. He wasn't going to be stopped by something as weak as it. He swung his short sword and...

ID: 10394

BD: 9(Hit)
MD: 3(Miss)

Boar: 3/4

...he slashed the monster's back. The boar screeched in pain and fell to the ground. Helios was feeling tired of this. He needed to hit the boar again, this time planning his attack out better. He didn't want to risk missing and getting hit by the boar. The boar got up and looked like it was angrier than it was before. It charged at him and he just jumped out of the way in time. He raised his sword, waiting for another attack from the boar. This time he had it all planned out, and he was going to defeat it. Killing boars at a low level was harder than he could have imagined!

ID: 10724

BD: 10(Crit)

MD: 1(Miss)

Boar: 1/4

Helios looked at the monster straight in the eyes. He was not going to be stopped by it. He needed to tame the monster at the center of the forest. The boar ran towards him and he stood still, ready for whatever was thrown at him. He exhaled and moved out of the way. The boar ran right past him, giving him an opportunity to hit it. He slashed the boar's back, confidently. He could kill the weakest monster in the game. He chuckled as the boar got back up again. "Stupid monster... Just die already." he grinned.

Helios wanted to get to the middle of the forest as fast as he could. This time, he charged at the boar and attempted to slash it. Once he did it, he knew it was stupid. He had no control at all. When he brought down his sword, the boar jumped out of the way and slammed into his chest, knocking him over. He stood up, he was starting to get lower on health. He needed to finish this.

ID: 10727

BD: 4(Miss)
MD: 10(Crit)

Helios: 3/7

Boar: 1/4

(OOC: I'll cry if I die to this boar. I will cry.)

Standing up once again, Helios looked around. Maybe he could just run away. No, that wasn't an option. He needed to stay and fight the boar. He was tired at this point. Just one more hit and the boar would die. He was so close to killing it, it was driving him insane. He calmed down and both him and the boar charged at each other. Helios slashed the monster with his sword, but at the same time, the monster slashed him with it's tusk. His health dropped even lower. He turned around and the boar shattered. He sat down and an alert popped up. He looked at it and chuckled. "I went through all of that for twenty Col." he said, laughing quietly. "Well, at least I gained a level." he said as he stood up.

ID: 10728

BD: 9

MD: 9
LD: 15

Helios: 2/7

Boar: 0/4

He walked deeper into the forest and for some reason, it got hotter. The further he went, the hotter it got. Maybe it's a sign that i'm getting closer... he thought. He went through a bush and saw something sitting on a pedestal. "It's... an egg?" he whispered.

The egg was a beautiful red color with some white on it. Beside the pedestal there were two braziers with small fires lit in them. He felt the heat, not just from the fire, but from the egg too. What could be inside that... he thought to himself. He went to touch it, but then realized how low his health was. He sat down beside a bush and looked at the egg curiously. His stomach grumbled. How did I forget lunch!? he thought. He opened his inventory, surprised to see that he still had some bread and water left. Before he could equip the food he heard something coming from a bush ahead of him. He looked at the bush and a pair of red eyes appeared. He got up and slowly moved backwards. He was too low to fight this monster, whatever it was. When he got far enough away from it he started to sprint. He ran so far he ended up back on the outside of the forest. He sighed and looked back at the starter city. "I need to heal up..." he muttered, disappointingly. He sheathed his sword and walked back to the Town of Beginnings, feeling annoyed.

Helios walked out of a shop close to the exit of the Town of Beginnings. He had bought a health potion for 10 col from the NPC selling them, even though he felt like he was getting ripped off. Whatever, he thought, I need it. He walked outside the gate at the forest and chuckled. "I'm going to tame that monster..." he muttered. The gypsy looked at him and laughed. "Are you going to go, or do you give up?" she said laughing. "No, I'm not giving up. I'm taming the monster, no matter what it takes." he said, as he walked out of the town. He started running about half way to the forest. It was both exciting and scary for Helios, as he had the chance of dying if he couldn't tame whatever was inside the egg. He stood outside the forest and took the Health potion out of his inventory. "Time to go back in..."

Looking at the forest, Helios realized something. He didn't remember where the egg was! "I'm an idiot..." he muttered. "Time to go find it again." he said chuckling. He walked through the forest, even more paranoid than he was before. At any moment a monster could jump out at him. It was too close fighting that boar... he sighed. He got tired of searching for the egg and sat down beside a tree. He took some bread out of his inventory and took a bite out of it. It was also quite hot in the forest, so he drank some water to cool off. As he got up, he saw something in the distance. It was grey with red eyes and it didn't look like something he would want to mess with, especially not with his health this low. He ducked behind a tree before the monster saw him. He looked closer at it and noticed that it was a wolf. Then, he saw a few more around it. He sighed quietly and in panic started climbing the tree. The tree was huge! He got about half way before stopping to rest. He bit into the soft bread and looked back down at the wolves, who had not noticed him. He leaned up against the tree and closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep. After all, he did enjoy sleeping in a tree!

Helios woke up by falling out of the tree. Yes, he fell out of it. "Next time i'll tie myself onto the tree..." he said quietly. He scratched his head and then walked further into the forest. Well, I guess the wolves decided to leave me alone... he thought. He unsheathed his sword as a precaution and wandered around the forest. He looked around for something that he recognized but saw nothing. "Where the hell am I!?" he eventually yelled. Helios was lost and he had no idea where he was or how he could get out. The bad thing was, it was a lot colder than it was when he first found the egg. It felt like he was being burned the first time around. This time, it was just like how it was any other day! He sat down and sighed. What am I going to do... he thought. It was at that moment that he felt it. A wave of heat passed him swiftly. He was surprised. He had never felt anything that hot before. Standing up, he drew his sword and ran towards the source of the heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Helios ran past all boars and wolves running away from the source of the heat. What could be creating so much heat that the monsters were fleeing? Finally reaching the egg, he ducked behind a tree and watched as it began to glow. He was both nervous and excited to find out what was inside the egg. He was sure it was the monster and he was going to tame it. As he watched, he heard something behind him coming from a bush. He quickly turned around to see what it was. Slowly, he walked over to the bush and raised his sword. All of the sudden a rabbit jumped out of the bush, scaring Helios and making him fall over. The rabbit hopped away with the other monsters. He laughed at the fact that it was only a rabbit that he was scared of. He looked back at the egg, curiously. The animals must be pretty scared of that egg... I wonder what's inside it... he thought. He got back up and started walking over to him. He didn't intend to do it but, it was like his body was being controlled by the egg or something. He reached out to the egg and lightly touched it. It glowed brighter than it had earlier, making Helios close his eyes. It was so bright that it lit up the whole forest.  When he was able to open his eyes again the egg had a crack in it. It started cracking again, and after a few cracks it hatched. The second it hatched, he was surrounded in flames. The flames were in almost every color you could imagine. In front of him, there was a small red bird sitting on the pedestal. The monster... he thought, as they looked at each other.