[SP - F2] Foraging for Fun and Prophet

[iD: 10500]
BD: [3] (Miss)
MD: [4] (Miss)

Again they clashed, and again the both drew back without taking or dealing damage. I'm almost there, if I can just take down this beast I can call this foraging trip a success and head back to town. Sozen snarled as he swung repeatedly at the enraged Boar. "Just...stand...still...and..."

Sozen: 6/11

Deep Forest Boar: 1/6

[iD: 10501]

BD: [1] (Critical Failure)

MD: [9] (Critical, +1 DMG)

"DIE YOU SOULESS-OOF!" Sozen had the air knocked out of him when his reckless charge was countered by the Boar, sending him flying back into a tree. Left dazed and on the ground, Sozen watched at the Boar let out a squeal of triumph and charged straight for him.

Sozen: 4/11

[iD: 10502]

BD: [5] (Miss)

MD: [1] (Critical Failure)

Sozen rolled desperately out of the way, not even trying to attack the Boar. The Mob itself attempted to turn after him, but with it's built-up momentum just went careening into the tree, rebounding to the ground with a resounding thud. "I've got you now.", mumbled Sozen as he readied his hammer.

[iD: 10503]

BD: [3] (Miss)

MD: [1] (Critical Miss)

What would have been a climactic ending to the battle between Man and Boar was forestalled as each staggered around too stunned to attack, one from getting flung into a tree and the other from meeting the same tree face-first. Sozen did his best to shake off the disorientation and attack the Mob.

[iD: 10504]

BD: [6] (Hit, Mob Killed)

MD: [4] (Miss)

LD: [10] (Nothing)

Finally, as the Boar was regaining its senses, Sozen's hammer came down to give it an even worse headache. As the beast collapsed in a shower of light, Sozen looked eagerly for the Loot Screen... and groaned in dissapointment at seeing only the base Material get dropped. Kneeling on the ground, he briefly looked at the tree that stunned the Boar (henceforth to be known as Redbeard the Redwood), before closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, not going to be dedicating this one to you, Prophet. That was just... embarrassing."

Gathering up the Boar's drop and the remaining carrots, Sozen set off for home.

+1 Mat