[SP-F1] (COMPLETE) <<Earning A Living>> A Closet Painter

Niklaus had strolled around from info broker to info broker learning everything he could for free. He refused to pay these imbeciles for information and as such, coerced tidbits of information from them without paying a single penny. However he knew he would need money eventually, so he took the opportunity to learn about the various professions available in SAO.

Blacksmith would be useful, but it seems the market for that profession plummets quickly and its only beneficial to yourself after a while. And even then it its only good for crafting a perfect weapon for yourself. Tailoring much like smithing is only useful a handful times, however, its business can succeed longer than the typical black smith. Merchants while extremely useful can take quite a while to level up and I'm not one for patience... Fishing...hahaha...not even worth my time given my current situation and goal. I'm not even going to entertain the thoughts of being a cook or a performer. Which leaves artisan. While not a huge fan of trinkets, nor will business boom for the time being, I do enjoy painting every so often. It feels like a gateway from reality that doesn't hate me... Looks like I'll be an artisan...

Using the information he's gathered, Klaus set out to find an artisan shop to help get him started. What better way to corner the market and take over, than to get the tools for your foundation from a future rival. It's funny really. Your'e helping your enemy overthrow yourself. After I earn some col, maybe I can buy the proper equipment to take down the enemies of this god forsaken virtual world.

Niklaus walked briskly through the town. He looked for any signs of a painter's workshop or trinket store. Dissatisfied with the lack of such shops, he stopped and took a break in the town center. Surely there must be a way to get started on this ridiculous quest. It's inconceivable that one must put in so much effort just to paint in his spare time.

Inhaling deeply, Klaus looked up and caught a glimpse of Paint brush themed shop near the end of an alley way. Exhaling, he stood up and began to walk in the direction of the shop. Weaving through the commoners of the floor, Niklaus arrived at the shop. Once he entered, he immediately took notice of the  amount of artwork the owner possessed and was actually pleased deep down inside to have chose being an Artisan as his profession.

Walking to the counter, he acknowledged the NPC and spoke. "It seems you are the only artisan in town. Any tips for getting started?" The NPC paused before finally speaking. "You can start by collecting wood for paintbrushes and sculpting. Considering you'll be doing jewelry, trinkets, and painting, you will need an abundance of the manageable wood." The NPC the raised a menu and sent a request to the player. 

"Complete this quest and I'll give you a Basic Artisan Set. This set includes a Basic Paintbrush, a Basic Crafting Hammer, and a Basic Sculpting Tool. Sound good?" As much as Niklaus hated doing the work of common people he knew his gain would be much more favorable in the long run. Reading the quest over, he accepted it.

Name: Earning a Living

Profession: Artisan

Requirements: Find or procure 5 <Wood Blocks> from either Non Combat gathering or receiving the material as a drop from a <<Wood Nymph>>.

Once the items have been attained bring the to me here at the store.

Accept?

(O)   [X]

Without saying another word, Klaus turned and exited the building. Where would one even find a <<Wood Nymph>> ? I suppose this would be as good as a time as ever to learn the combat system of this game. Niklaus weaved through the passage ways of the Starting City and eventually arrived at the town gate. I believe once I step foot outside these walls, I become vulnerable to Player Killing was it? And the chance of dealing with Mobile monsters or MoB's as they called them. 

Klaus drew in a breath as he took his first step outside the town. Nothing feels different.. maybe I have to go further...He took another step. Again nothing. I doubt anything extremely dangerous will happen on the first floor anyway. Klaus broke into a sprint. Rushing towards a wooded area up ahead. I'll try some non combat gathering first. Plus, how do I expect to save my sister if I die do to something like a lowly boar.

Niklaus approached the wooded area relatively with ease. So I need to collect 5 <Wood Blocks> . Hmm looks like I have some tree daggering to do. He walked to the first tree. Unhooking his dagger from its place on his hip, he eyed the tree and tried to recall on how to gather materials. Since this isn't a MoB I don't have to kill anything to attempt to gather a material. I simply need to pierce whatever I'm trying to gather and the game will tell me whether or not I succeed.

The tree seemed to be based off of an Oak tree. However this one was much thinner and a few lined the area around. Some were even a white variant which he assumed may hold special characteristics. Drawing the dagger to the base of the tree. He stabbed the oak a few times and waited for a system notification. 

The notification arrived but stated he had failed to farm a material. This is going to be bothersome...

[10270] LD: 14

Removing his dagger from the first oak, he headed for the second one. I can see why one would opt for a little action with fighting compared to this luck based random gathering. Standing in front of the second oak, he readied his attack. Swiftly stabbing the Oak, he waited again for the notification. This time the gathering proved successful. He collected his material and moved onto the next tree. This tree happened to be a White Oak Variant.

[10272] LD: 16

>Niklaus

Received 1 <Wood Block>

Well that wasn't too bad. This form of gathering is still a waste of time, but even I know it isn't safe to take on MoB's just yet. Eyeing the white oak before, he twiddled his dagger between his fingers. On with it then Klaus. He struck the tree and paused. The notification again stated he yielded no material. Bloody hell this is maddening. How do they expect players to just sit here and attempt to gather materials when they have at best a 25% chance of even gathering a material? When I get my hands on you Kayaba youre going to wish you had just killed me the moment I entered the game.

[10274] LD: 14

>Niklaus

Leveled UP to Level 2!

Having gone on a mental tangent, Nik didn't notice he had leveled up until he had gone on to strike a third tree. Well looks I v'e leveled up. No additional skills or skill points were added. This mundane gathering is going to end up leveling me up more huh? Maybe I should get 5 extra <Wood Blocks> for myself. Gazing up he took note of the fourth oak tree in front him. Raising his dagger, he swung and sliced the tree. This attempt resulted in failure as well.

Well since I've leveled up maybe I should fight some <<Wood Nymphs>>. Seeing as nymphs are magical creatures that reside in nature, I'm sure after I destroy enough of these trees, a few are bound to appear.

[10275] LD: 4

There were only a few trees remaining in Klaus' immediate vicinity. He approached the fourth tree. This one being another White Oak tree. This time Klaus tried something different. I might as well practice throwing the damned thing. It is my primary weapon and I already invested a few skill points into the skill. Klaus took a few steps back and aimed his dagger. The weapon began to glow a faint red. Nik could feel the energy coursing through the blade. Once he felt like the blade had reached its peak, he released the dagger with a flick of his wrist. The curvy dagger lodged itself into the tree. Niklaus walked to the tree and removed his weapon.

The attacked seemed just as ineffective as a regular stab or slash. â€‹So this thing really is luck based...dammit to hell...

[10277] LD: 10 

His last few attempts proved to be unsuccessful and this was really starting to enrage Nik. Frustrated with himself Niklaus walked to the second to last tree remaining. Not even looking at the tree, he simply jabbed the blade in trunk. He continued this until the tree exploded into blue polygons. Looking at the notification he wasn't surprised at the lack of material gathered. repeating the process he headed to the last tree.

[10283] LD: 7

This tree was a White Oak Variant. If I don't get a <Wood Block> from this tree, I will show no mercy on those stupid <<Wood Nymphs>>. Not that I was going to show any mercy anyway. Niklaus thrusted his dagger into the tree and sat bewildered at the fact that he had failed yet another attempt to gather a material. What imbecile came up witht he ratios for this gathering business? Someone of my caliber should not have to struggle to gather simple materials.

[10284] LD: 11

As the tree dissolved much like the one before it, Klaus could hear the flutter of wings. He looked around. He held his dagger in way that kept the blade pointed towards the ground. The fluttering noise got louder as it same near Klaus. He looked up and noticed a creature with a red crystal hovering above it's head. That must be a <<Wood Nymph>>. Cheeky. The nymph lowered itself into Klaus' striking range and Klaus didn't hesitate to attack first.

Launching himself forward Klaus stabbed the nymph right in the chest and backed up, but not before being cleaved by the Nymph's small sized battle axe. "You think a puny creature like you can keep the great Klaus Mikaelson at bay? You naive nymph. Prepare to meet your downfall"

[10285] BD: 7 MD: 9

~Klaus: 5/7 (-2)

~Wood Nymph: 2/4 (-2)

Niklaus rushed the nymph again. He braced himself as the creature swung its axe and lodged it in his clavicle. Ignoring the pain, he grabbed the nymph and shoved its body into his blade. A murderous grin formed at the crease of Klaus' lips. My first successful kill in this game. And it actually felt good. Damn why am I such a sadistic bastard? I blame Mikael. That sorry excuse for a father just...ugh...Klaus sighed at the thought of his step father. Shaking his head, he walked to the loot drop and picked it up. A notification appeared on the HUD and glancing it over, Klaus swiped it away.

[10289] BD: 9 LD: 18 MD: 7

~Klaus: 4/7 (-1)

~Wood Nymph: 0/4 (-3) DEAD

>Niklaus

Received 1 <Wood Block> and 20 Col.

"Two <Wood Blocks> down. Three to go." This seems to be quite the chore. Frankly I'd be satisfied with just bring ing him two blocks and bargaining for the materials. But I feel NPCs have an unfair natural advantage in haggling. Klaus glanced over to the fields before him. He spotted another cluster of trees, this one housed about four or five oak trees. All of the trees seemed to be White Oak in this particular cluster. He then headed for the next cluster.

As he neared the cluster, he could clearly count how many trees were surrounding the small grassy are. Six! There are six trees lying about here. I just need to collect a material from three of them to complete this daunting quest. Nik reached for his dagger and aimed at the first white oak tree. Letting his arm hang back over his shoulder, he focused on the edged of tree. Letting the dagger go he shaved off a chunk of the tree with his accurate throw. His effort went unrewarded however, as the chunk collapsed into pixels.

[10300] LD: 13

There's still five more trees I can butcher in this are before I have to across the fields to go find more. Klaus retrieved his dagger from the ground, and rushed to the next tree. This time he carved into the tree. Maybe if I carve out a <Wood Block> I'll collect one as a material. Ah where's Finn or Kol when you need them. Both were quite crafty at finding and gathering things for mother... I digress. Finishing his little cube of wood, he waited to see if this counted as a way to gain materials. 

This technique also failed. After this I swear I'm going to kill Kayaba Akihiko my damned self for creating the dumbest way to collect simple materials

[10301] LD: 3

Fed up with this slow process, Niklaus unleashed a fury of tree cutting. He rushed from one tree to another, gripping his dagger and stabbing each and every tree until they all dissolved into nothingness. He had a crazed look about him. This is certainly the most idiotic way one could go about collecting materials. I should be back at full health by now. He briefly eyed his HP bar and was a little concerned that his HP hadn't refilled. Brushing it off, he continued with his thoughts. When the <Wood Nymphs>> descend to attack me that is when I'll collect my remaining materials.

[10314] LD: 7

[10315] LD: 2

[10316] LD: 3

[10317] LD: 13

Not a single tree yielded any materials for him. Luckily he was confronted by another <<Wood Nymph>>. "Looks like I'm just going to beat the mat out of you. How lucky!"

~Klaus

4/7

~Wood Nymph #2

4/4

Ah this pent up aggression will serve me well in this fight. I shall end this swiftly and mercilessly. Niklaus leaped forward and was caught off guard by the rapid attack of the nymph. The little creature had stabbed him in his blind rage and he paid the price for his rash negligence. "I believe I won't be making that mistake twice little nymph"

[10319] BD: 2 MD: 6

~Klaus

3/7 (-1)

~Wood Nymph #2

4/4 (-0)

Drawing his dagger once more, Niklaus lunged at the nymph. He evaded a handful of swings by the nymph and even toyed with it as he dance around the creatures attacks. "You're quite the foe for a low-leveled creature but I must say I am not fond of your kind." With that, his dagger glowed a bright red as he rushed past the nymph leaving a red streak across the creature.  

[10320] BD: 6 MD: 4

~Klaus

3/7 (-0)

~Wood Nymph #2

2/4 (-2)

Landing directly behind the creature, Niklaus turned and brandished his dagger. The <<Wood Nymph>> writhed in pain as it tried to stay airborne. "Oh you don't you pesky scoundrel. I'll have your head before I allow you to attack me again." With lightning speed, Niklaus rushed the nymph and went for the kill. The Nymph had other plans however, and dropped flight altogether. This allowed it to evade the hit and become grounded.

[10333] BD: 4 MD: 1

~Klaus

3/7 (-0)

~Wood Nymph #2

2/4 (-0)

Unaccustomed to fighting on the ground against the nymph, Niklaus was surprised at the lateral quickness of the creature. He was even more surprised when the nymph landed a blow on him. Jumping back, Niklaus knew he was in the danger zone now. His HP bar went red and for the first time he actually feared he might die. If I don't land this next strike and this creature lands a critical hit, I will have failed not only my sister but myself as well..

[10334] BD: 3 MD: 6

~Klaus

2/7 (-1)

~Wood Nymph #2

2/4 (-0)