[OP - F1] The Road To Horunka

Reusririasuir made his way towards the North Entrance of The Town of Beginnings, he couldn't help but look around and marvel at the scope of the Starting City. First, the city itself was enormous in size. Second, and even more intoxicating, was its' architecture. The streets were paved with stone, while the central plaza itself had been lined with a large, circular stone stoa, with each break in the stoa opening up to either smaller side streets, or larger streets allowing horse and carts to travel throughout the city. The major streets were used to divide the starting city into ten different sections, like slices of great, big, pizza!

Reu couldn't help but think that a city of this proportion must also have an extensive sewer system underneath. No monsters were in the starting city, and players couldn't die within these walls, but who's to say the sewers couldn't be used more 'creatively' for getting around town, or for sneaking into all sorts of places.

Reu had no doubt he would be back in the Starting City soon, but right now he needed to travel to a village to the Northwest know as Horunka, where there was supposedly a few beginner quests he would be able to partake in. Looking at his basic one-handed sword, and his basic starter equipment, Reu knew the journey to Horunka would be dangerous, especially without taking time to procure slightly better equipment, but he also knew that taking on a little bit of danger now would save him time and get him to even better equipment that much faster. 

Besides,  Horunka's quests are all beginner quests, so the hardest part will be getting there. The quests themselves shouldn't be too difficult. I can use this run across the fields to gather col, and gauge what type of equipment I would want to buy once I arrive. It's so strange though, a game which starts you off with such basic equipment and no starting currency, especially when adding in that this is now a 'death game'. ...Either way, I can't afford to sit around and just wait for three days. Sometimes, you just have to take on a little danger.

Arriving at the North Gate, Reu looked around for the NPC Caravan that was travelling to Horunka. Everyday at noon, this caravan would travel to where Reu wanted to go. They still had almost thirty minutes before they were set to leave, and so before joining the Caravan, Reu decided to look around and see who else would be going on this journey. Traveling with the caravan would be slower, but it would provide safety in numbers, and not to mention interaction with the NPC's. Of course, traveling on foot with a partner or two, is also an option. We would move faster than the Caravan, but still have each other.

Reu took a seat on a nearby stone bench. I need to decide, am I traveling on foot, or going with the Caravan? Either option is appealing. Let's see if anyone else shows up...

Our Caravan:

post-4715-0-81083700-1424635292_thumb.jp

"These yellow pointers.. Are they quests?" Elise looked at her HUD. The pointers blinked at an area titled Horunka Village. She heard about it from other new players in the city. It seems there are quests worth taking, especially for low level players like her. After she was shown some of the ropes it's up to her to determine her own steps, which certainly won't be an easy one. These quests seem like a nice point to start. "So another hour of walking huh..." She was still tired after the mob hunting session she had. If possible, she doesn't want to travel to Horunka Village on foot. It's tiring, and not to mention she may encounter monsters en route. But the faster she could get there the better. Venturing alone outside safe zone after night falls would be suicide. She could postpone the journey for tomorrow but the sun was still up and it would be a waste to rest in the inn when she still could do something.

She went to the North Gate, planning to rest for a while before continuing her journey to Horunka Village. Near the gate there was a sign 'Caravan to Horunka Village'. "Ah! Just perfect." Elise saw the sign and swiftly walked to the Gate, where the Caravan would depart from the Town of Beginnings. It was still half an hour before departure time. Elise happily plumped herself on nearby stone bench, didn't notice another guy sitting on the other side of the bench because she was way too tired. After a while, she noticed his presence. She was embarrassed of her mannerless action, "Ah, sorry for the disturbance. I hope you aren't bothered by me sitting here." The guy seem like a sturdy, military man type. Having such guy in the journey would be calming, though not as reassuring as her trust on herself. "Are you, by any chance, taking the caravan to Horunka Village?"

Reu stirred at the young woman's question. "An English accent, a proper English accent, at that. I certainly wasn't expecting too many of those in this game." For a game allowing ten thousand players, most of whom are Japanese, the game certainly wasn't light on japanese-sounding accents. The games' translation software did an amazing job, but still, you could hear accents and even dialects if you were familiar enough with the tongue, hearing a foreign accent is certainly a pleasant surprise.

"Actually I am considering my options. I'm Reusririasuir by the way; but you may call me Reu for short." Reu smiled and extended his hand. "The journey to Horunka takes an hour, though the Caravan is limited to the roads, meaning we could speed the journey up by going on foot. If we take the Caravan, we can embark in the next half an hour, and be there within the next hour and a half, or we could travel on foot with a moderate pace and leave now, saving us time on both fronts. I'm up for going on foot personally. The caravan was simply an option to beat going alone. If you are interested in making the trek to Horunka, and are willing to travel with me, we could see the local terrain. Do you want to set off now or wait for the Caravan? It doesn't look like anyone else is willing to make the trip, so I'd rather go now personally. It doesn't look like anyone else is going to be joining the Caravan at this point, which is what I was hoping for."

Piers whistled as he traveled around the Starting City, it seemed nowadays this was how he spent all of his time. Like there was anything better to do... Not here. He'd never been to this place other beginner players had been talking about. Horunka, was it? Whatever it was called Piers felt himself wanting to travel there for some odd reason. Maybe it was the hope that he'd be luckier while hunting than in the Starting fields. They were practically depleted of most resources, which didn't help low-leveled players like himself. So here Piers was, both hands in the pockets of his pants, making his way to where quests could be found.

He lifted his glasses over his head, bangs pulled back in the process, revealing a bare forehead. His emerald eyes took in the scene around him. For a second the butler thought he was lost until Piers noticed the caravans. 

"To Horunka village? Hmm, just my luck."

But how boring would the ride be? It didn't seem like many players were around to take it anyhow. Two sitting on a bench together standing out the most. Piers idly walked over near them and stood next to the bench, staring ahead. He heard them speaking about traveling and pondered whether or not he should embark on the journey with the two or just take the damn caravan. With a sigh he cleared his throat but continued staring ahead.

"I couldn't help but overhear that you both want to head to Horunka. If that's the case I'd like to join you, as long as either of you don't mind of course."

The butler could care less whether or not they headed to the village on foot, or by caravan. He just hoped they weren't too annoying. He adjusted his glasses and fixed his tie, finally setting his green eyes on the other male sitting on the bench.

Elise looked at the hand before accepted it. "Reusririasuir sounds like a quite difficult name to remember. I'd be okay with calling you Reu. The name's Elise." He explained the pros and cons of walking and taking the caravan. Elise compared their means of traveling. With caravans they could move at steady pace and arrive one and a half hour later. They could be safe with other players taking the ride. If monsters were to attack the caravan, the group most probably would survive, since they are many. The thing is, Elise has never been much of a crowd person. And her time is more precious than her energy. The sooner the better. "The idea of walking sounds interesting. That'll be tiring but we can get there probably quicker than the Caravan, provided we don't stumble upon a bother or two on the way."

When they was discussing their means of travel a man in suit- is that a vanity?- stood near the bench they're sitting on. He said he'd like to join their journey to Horunka Village if they didn't mind. "I'd be fine with anyone joining as long as it didn't get too crowded. It'd only slow the group." Elise glanced at the player. His attire remind her of stewards and chauffeurs back in Chevalier Household, England. He got this vibe which felt like home- not exactly a pleasant feeling for Elise.

"What do you say, Reu?"

"I say that sounds like a great idea!" Reu smiled, pulled up the party-invite menu and extended invites to Piers and Elise, both of which were promptly accepted. "Thanks for joining us Piers, you're company is most welcome. Now let's get to Horunka! The faster we move to Horunka, that faster we'll be to getting up to the front-lines."

Reu, Elise, and Piers moved their way out of town.  Here, close to town, it was still a very field-type environment. Rolling hills, grassy knolls, a slight breeze. "Let's see, to our north east is supposed to be a lake and another town. However, since we're going north west, we are going to be crossing fields, some rocky terrain--" Elise's tired expression sunk even further at the sound of 'rocky'. "Oh, but don't worry Elise! That part of the terrain isn't too bad! Finally, we'll be nearing forests." They were making good time, The Town of Beginnings was getting farther and farther behind them. "Here, to help pass the time why don't we discuss our planned character builds? For instance, I've started more as an independent adventurer build. I actually don't have any skills in combat right now though. I spread my two points out into Combat Healing, and Search and Detect. Unfortunately, they are both still only Rank 0 so I don't get any type of bonus. ...In fact, I'm pretty useless right now hahaha!". Reu's light-heartened expression turned to one of more seriousness. "On the other hand, once I get a few more skill points, I'll have a Rank 1 Combat Healing, a Rank 1 Search & Detect, and I'm PROBABLY going to continue the one-handed sword skill route. That will give me a good base for working by myself, or for working with a partner. Especially a partner with a more straight combat-build. I don't enjoy working as a straight-support type, and I find working as a strictly heavy-arms type is too limiting on all the OTHER things RPG's tend to ask of you. I wouldn't say I'm balanced by any means, but a slight lean towards combat is fine by me. And of course, things can always change!"

The trio began moving slightly uphill. Once they arrived at the top of the hill, they could see down into the valley. That's when they could see two wolfs meandering about. Luckily, they hadn't detected the party yet. Reu's hair stook up on the back of his neck. "This would be a good place for a trap. Let's check our flanks." Because of the terrain, there wasn't really much of an option, go through the wolves or go ALL the way around the area. Moving quickly, Reu pushed Elise out to their left flank, and had Piers check the right flank. Both reported back that there didn't seem to be any other wolves in the area. Well, that's comforting.

"Ok...why don't we go get some experience." Reu smiled. NOW, things were getting interesting. The trio readied their weapons and advanced.

The two wolves turned and began an assault of their own. Darn, so much for a surprise attack, but if we time this right, we can still get the first strike! The two wolves advanced, snarling and baring fangs. One slightly in the front row, the second immediately and directly behind it in the second row.

Wolf 1

HP : 8 / 8

Weapon : Fangs and Claws

Wolf 2

HP : 7 / 7

Weapon : Fangs and Claws 

BD : 4

MD : 7

Elise looked at the message in front of her "Reusririasuir has invited you to party. Accept / Decline?" She tapped the Accept button. Now in her HUD she could see the two's IGN and health

<<Reusririasuir>> 5/5

<<Piers>> 13/13

"Well, nice to meet you two. I hope we can get to Horunka safely, Reu, Piers." she closed her HUD. "Haven't I introduced myself yet? I'm Elise" She stood up. Her tiredness is half gone but not completely. Asking for a break wasn't an option, since she doesn't want them to think she's weak. "Well then! Let's get it started." 

"Still a long way to go?" Elise groaned. They have been walking for awhile now. Elise knew the journey wouldn't be a walk in the park especially with her current stamina. The comments from Reu didn't help. She made a sour face after hearing the word "rocky". Unfortunately Reu noticed it. "I'm fine with any terrains! I'm not tired, not even one bit!" Her cheeks turned red, and not just from the heat. 

When they were walking Reu brought up character builds topic. "Character builds.." Reu spoke things about his own build and character skills. More or less she figured out what character build is, though vaguely. "I haven't chose any specific build as of yet. For my current skill, I have a Rank 1 One Handed Rapier, which was pretty basic. I'm more of a damage dealer type I think? Although I have to consider my survivability too. I'm being a hermit for the time being, until I decided to settle and found other players to join the front lines." That was her secondary objective, to clear the game as fast as possible. The first is simple, to survive.

Uphill, Reu mentioned something about getting some experience. "Experi.. Oh God." She looked at the two wolves. Seem tougher than chunks of bacon in Starting City fields. They proceeded to battle the wolves. The first wolf bared its teeth, and the second one seem to be waiting for its companion to kill the three potential lunch. Elise quickly opened her HUD. "Inventory. Starter Rapier. Equip!" The weapon materialized in her hand from shards of data. She recounted the basics she learnt from other players. Her heart was beating fast, but not as fast as when she fought her first mob. She held her rapier from sheathing position beside her waist. A devilish smirk appeared on her face as he said to her party members "Ladies first, shall we?" before she launched herself at the first wolf. The wolf did too. Right before contact Elise lowered her pace then swung her rapier horizontally at the wolf. At the last second, the wolf leaped, dodged the attack and bit her leg after it had landed. "Ouch! You imbecile!" She tried to kick the wolf but it quickly jumped back, ready to attack again.

Party members :

Reusririasuir : 5/5

Elise : 6/7 (-1)

Piers : 13/13

Mobs :

Wolf 1 : 8/8

Wolf 2 : 7/7 (Standby)

P.S. Sorry for short post! Will edit once I got the time to

Piers barely listened as Reu and Elise spoke. He did note, however, how confident and excited Reu was and chuckled a bit to himself. He'd probably be a good ally in the long run. He followed orders and scanned the fields before returning to report the failed search. Well, a fail to Piers. 

Of course the three found a pair of wolves in no time and brought out their weapons. Piers fully unequipped his glasses and pulled his arming sword from the holster prepared for a fight. The butler waited for Elise and Reu before attacking himself. He brought the weapon over his shoulder while holding it with one arm before swinging it down forcefully. Just a basic attack. A red mark flashed along the wolf's stomach and it yelped before clawing at Piers. Before Piers could avoid the attack, the wolf had gotten a good swing across his leg. 

Wolf 1 (Target) = 8 HP (Piers deals 3 DMG)

Wolf 2 = 7 HP

Piers = 12 HP (Wolf 1 deals 1 DMG)

Battle Info

Dice Roll #11444 BD #9 MD #9

Equipment/Skills in effect: -2 EVA = 9 - 2 = 7 on MD

-Unequipped Glasses-

Reu, eyed the battle field. These wolves were fast and mobile, Elise had launched an attack with a Rapier on the lead wolf but had missed; Piers though had taken advantage of the wolfs dodging motion and landed an excellent blow on the lead wolf. For now, the second wolf was staying in the back-field, seemingly waiting for an opening to move to the front-lines and sink his teeth into some human-meat. It was no doubt wary of the three warriors who had placed themselves in excellent positions to control the battlefield.

Party members :

Elise : 6/7 
Piers : 12/13

Mobs :
Wolf 1 : 5/8

Reu readied his basic sword, swinging in a downward 2 'o clock to 7 'o clock slash; the motion was his favored basic attacking position.

ID 11491 BD 4 CD 9 LD 15 MOB 9

Reu hit nothing but air. He readied himself for the incoming counter-attack.

The wolves were hungry now. Eyes glistening, drooling from their open, panting mouths, the lead wolf gracefully dodged an attack by Reu, and made a hastily lunge attack in response. Reu let out a hearty laugh and easily side-stepped the wolf. Reu may have missed himself; but this wolf was acting on pure animal instinct. Being ferocious counts, but so does aiming

The wolf missed it's attack by a wide margin, even worse, it has put itself back into an attack-able position between all three warriors. Our second wolf continues to pace the outskirts of the battle-field, currently unreachable without either a warrior moving closer, or it choosing to move closer.

Here are the results of the battle so far:

Party members :

Mobs :

MD Results:

ID: 11493 BD: 4 CD: 3 LD: 12 MD: 2

Piers attempted to attack again with another basic attack but it seemed the wolves were a tad bit stronger and more aware of their surrounding. The one wolf he sloppily swung at jumped back but decided not to attack, instead it sneered at him. His eyes flashed crimson and while waiting for one of his teammates to go for yet another hit he swung his sword around, preparing for the next encounter. He planned on killing, and killing soon.

Wolf 1 (Target) = 5/8

Wolf 2 = 7/7

Piers = 12/13

Battle Info

Dice Roll #11585 BD #4 MD #1

Equipment/Skills in effect: -2 EVA = 1 - 2 = -1 on MD

BD : 4

MD : 2

The slashing attack didn't work? Fine, let's try stabbing then. Elise held her rapier behind her body with her left hand parallel to the ground. She extended her right hand straight towards the wolf. The wolf seem distracted by her teammates' attacks, and she's aiming for its hindlimb as a payback for earlier attack. She pulled her left shoulders back and attempted to stab the wolf. The wolf simply leaped forward, and the rapier pierced the ground instead. Elise gritted her teeth pulled it from the ground. Her anxiety for battle has turned into anger. Not exactly the best swing of mood. If she didn't calm down she wouldn't be able to kill the wolves, let alone make it to Horunka Village

Party members :

Mobs :

Wolf 2 : 7/7 (standby)

Reu finally saw his opportunity to strike. The wolf had leaped forward dodging Elise's stab attack, but this brought the wolf's side directly in front of Reu. Turning and landing a massive twelve to six slash, Reu dug his blade deep into the wolf, smiling at his handiwork.

Now this is fun, I'm really impressed with our parties coordination too.

ID 11591 BD 10 CD 1 LD 1 MD 9

Party members :

Mobs :
Wolf 1 : 2/8 ( -3)
Wolf 2 : 7/7 (standby)

Now the wolves were enraged. One was limping, barely alive after taking a longsword strike to the side, a strike which left its' entrails falling out of its body. These were far from being a series of clean blows, instead the blood stained the grass underneath their feet. To make it was the injured wolf was reacting in all the ways you would expect a hurt animal to react too. It would roll around, get up, snarl, and then attack widly at anything which moved. It was throwing blood around, making its open wound worse. It suddenly seemed quite a bit more dangerous, wheras before it was attack with the natural hunger of a wild animal, now it was attacking to survive. Our second wolf, which had been patiently waiting for an opportunity to strike, suddenly leaped to the front-lines eager to assist its' wounded kin. This battle was far from over...

Our two wolves put up a pitiful attack, the first wolf being hampered by its' wound only got in the way of the second wolf's attack, resulting in another miss by the enemy mob..

ID 11593, BD 7, MD 3

Party members :

Mobs :
Wolf 1 : 2/8 
Wolf 2 : 7/7 

BD :10

MD : 7

LD : 5

The wolf's movement has been slowed considerably from injuries. Elise took a chance to charge for the third time. The wolf also leapt towards her with jaws open, ready to take another bite off her. "Not this time!" She spun in the last seconds and only got grazed slightly by the claws.. "Chevalier style..." She tightened her rapier grip as the wolf landed on the ground, its back very vulnerable. Time for payback. Her face turned devilish for a second before she ignited her trump card, a Chevalier style sword skill. "Clair de Lune." She spun her rapier fast, slicing the wolf into bits. It's not a game official skill, but somehow it almost always deals Critical damages. She varied the sword angles every time she slashes. She repeated the movement until the sword sliced particles of data, the remainder of a mob foolish enough to challenge Adriane Chevalier. The second wolf saw its comrade has fallen and stepped forward, barking furiously. Elise's confidence has been boosted after she killed the first wolf, even though it didn't drop anything. She cocked her head and smirked mockingly. Now only one left for the party to kill.

(Will edit once i got home. Sorry for lousy phone-posting)

Party members :

Reusruriasuir : 5/5

Elise : 5/7 (-1)

Mobs :

Wolf 1 : 0/8 (-4) (dead)

Reu took a long, deep breath. Combat like this was more tiring then you'd expect. Maybe I should have brought a smaller sword! He began circling his target for his next strike. Slowly, almost painfully, the micro-seconds seemed to tick by. Reu dug his feet into the ground, checking his footing. He pulled his blade back preparing for another slash attack, this one being a horizontal strike. The wolf stared him down, ready to lunge. Someone was about to get hit in this exchange and the last thing Reu would do is falter; with a speed that surprised even himself Reu moved in to deliver a viscous slash.

Reu could see it happen in slow motion, his steps towards the wolf, swinging his sword around from right to left, and too late to adjust, Reu saw as the wolf stepped down and low underneath the strike. Luckily, the wolf had leaped into its' strike too early too. Reu escaped a counter-attack by the skin of his teeth. The wolfs lunge had come so close he could almost feel its' fur.

Reu let out a very long, and very audible sigh. Way too close.

ID 11607 BD 1 CD 5 LD 20 MD 4

Party members : 
Reusruriasuir : 5/5
Elise : 5/7 

Mobs : 
Wolf 1 : 0/8 (dead)

Piers had waited awhile before attacking, though he clapped when Elise got the first kill.

"Nice job."

He complimented her as Reu went for his own move on the wolf, and the animal did like-wise. Piers assumed it was his turn this time around and as the wolf ran near him he rolled to the side. The wolf turned on its heel and lunged again, giving barely any time for the butler to avoid it. He got it by the wolf on top of his chest. The mob bit at his neck and clawed Piers' stomach. Small red flashes shone but only for seconds. Piers shoved the monster off of him and flipped onto his feet. The butler stepped back and fixed his tie. It was impossible for him to get a chance to attack. Perhaps next time he'd be luckier.

Wolf 1 = 0 HP

Wolf 2 (Target) = 7 HP

Piers = 11 HP (Wolf 2 deals 1 DMG)

Battle Info

Dice Roll #11608 BD #4 MD #9

Equipment/Skills in effect: -2 EVA = 9 - 2 = 7 on MD

(OOC: Don't forget Elise you get 1 MAT for getting the kill on the animal and you should have rolled the loot dice since it meets requirements. You could choose to split it with us in the end or keep it for yourself depending on the value of the LD. Unless you were waiting until the end to roll, then that's fine too.)

BD : 6

MD : 5

Elise flashed her party members a quick smile. Piers and Reu were attacking the second wolf. She walked slowly to join and planning to take the wolf by surprise, when some rock made her fell. Her attempt was failed. "Stupid rock!" she yelled angrily as she checked her feet for injuries. That's when something caught her eye. "What's that?" Elise stood and took what she thought was a rock. "Maybe it'd come in handy later.." she muttered as she put it in her inventory

Acquired 1 Mat

The second wolf, planning to avenge its fallen companion, charged recklessly towards Elise. Elise held her breath, waiting for the opportunity to strike. She was very exhausted after executing Clair de Lune. The skill can't be used often because of the strain it puts on the body. The wolf was becoming closer and closer.. Elise put her stabbing posture like before, but when the wolf was inside her sword range, she swung her blade vertically instead. The blade hit the wolf's snout hard before it bite Elise. The wolf slammed to the ground, a bit disoriented, but still alive. It retreated and barked to the three.

Party members :

Piers : 11/13

Mob :

Wolf 2 : 6/7 (-1)

(OOC : Oh, right. Almost forgot about Mats. I rolled a 5 on LD, which means no loot, sadly. About the loot, I'll share)

Party loot : 1 Mat

Piers swung and again missed. His luck was really plummeting, especially since the day before. The wolf successfully cut him but failed to do any serious damage like before. That'd been a complete failure, and at leas this one wasn't, since the butler had come rather close to getting his hit.

"Annoying."

He muttered under his breath and decided to let Reu get a chance to make a move.

Wolf 1 = 0 HP

Wolf 2 (Target) = 6 HP

Piers = 11 HP

Battle Info

Dice Roll #11700 BD #5 MD #10

Equipment/Skills in effect: -2 EVA = 10 - 2 = 8 on MD

(OOC: Just making sure ;3 Thanks.)

Reu leapt in for his attack. He had been waiting eagerly, and his attack was just as eager. In fact...his attack was...over eager...Reu completely missed the wolf! As in the wolf was over there, and Reu was over here. Suddenly the wolf was on-top of Reu, Reu had over-jumped the wolf and given it an attack straight against his back. It was painful, the claws were digging into his back, and the wolf had pinned Reu to the ground belly-down, the wolf was ripping into his flesh. Reu screamed in bloodcurdling pain..."Aghhhhh!!!!!"

ID 11707 BD 2 MD 10

:(

Party members :
Reusririasuir : 2/5 (-3)
Piers : 11/13

Mob :
Wolf 2 : 6/7 

Party loot : 1 Mat