[SP-F3] COMPLETE <<Blades of Dreams>> Niklaus' First Dagger

Niklaus had only been on two floors since his arrival in SAO.  The first floor since it was the default starting floor and the second floor because he assumed he could find his sister there and that's where his artisan shop lies. Niklaus had once again hounded the info brokers for free information on quests. While he had a few options, he decided on the <<Blades of Dreams>> quest. He knew he needed to first speak to a girl named Sai on the third floor. She's a blacksmith who will craft a weapon for the player, provided they bring her the right materials.

Knowing this Niklaus headed to the third floor.

Niklaus approached the teleport gate in the center of the Starting City. Standing beneath the arch he shouted three simple words. "Teleport: Delilah Village." A bright white light envelopes Nik as he is whisked away to the third floor settlement. Blinking his eyes, he looks around. The village didn't amass to much. It had a very country feel to it and in fact represented the towns from stories like King Arthur. Turning about, he searched for the shop supposedly ran by an NPC named Sai.

He searched for far fewer minutes than he thought he would have to. The shop was located just past the first couple of streets surrounding the town center. Briskly walking through the winding cobblestone of a town, Nik arrived at the door to the shop. He opened the door only to be greeted by a very charismatic girl. She practically bounced with joy as Klaus waltzed inside. Leaning over the counter she asked, "Here for the quest are you ?"

Nik observed the girl before answering. Well the name above her indicates that she is in fact Sai, so I suppose it is safe to answer. "Yes I am here to accept your quest. I wish to have you forge me a dagger." The girl rounded the corner of the counter and approached Nik. "I can do that easily. I just need you to retrieve these items for me." Leaning towards him, she gesture for him to lean over so she could whisper in his ear. After telling him the items needed, the girl gleefully skipped behind the counter and sat at her register. 

"You best get a move on sir. Those materials won't gather themselves." With that Niklaus left the shop.

So i need to head to the forest first I assume. That will be the easiest place to encounter a MoB. However I here the area near the Churches of the Dead have some interesting MoBs to fight. I'll head there instead. Making up his mind Nik set off for the Churches of the Dead. He walked along the cobblestone path leading out the gate and into the grassy field covered by dandelions. Once in the meadows, he headed for the dark area just beyond the field of flowers. 

Area loomed with despair and wreaked of decay. The dandelions that lined the path to the grove of churches, were blackened and wilted. Niklaus knew that beyond the upcoming gate, lied nothing but death. For whom he didn't know. Approaching the gate he took not of the graveyard that one must pass through to reach the churches. Looks like I'll have to go through there first. I wish Marcel was here. He'd enjoy a trip like this. Taking few steps forward, Niklaus was startled by the sudden shaking of the ground.

A skeletal warrior arose from the ground. Wielding a typical short sword and a shield. Niklaus quickly drew his dagger and attacked the undead. He pounced the skeleton knocking it to the ground. He then pinned down its arms and stared it in its eye sockets. Grinning maniacally, he raised his dagger above his head and let it fall upon the skeleton's skull. Closing his eyes, he wanted to fully enjoy the sound of a crushed skull. However, that sound never came.

[10931] BD: 2 Miss MD: 2 Miss

~Niklaus~ 

11/11

~Skeleton Warrior~

6/6

Opening his eyes, he looked to see the skull clamping down on his dagger. "That's how you want to play it. Your funeral." Nik snatched the blade from the skeletal teeth that held and with an audible pop, beheaded the MoB at the same time. However the creature was far from dead. In fact it seemed to become more alive. It struggled against Nik's pin down and finally moved the player from atop of it. Grabbing its head, it placed it back on and rushed Niklaus. Niklaus was still faster than the skeleton though. With a swift swipe and sweep of his arm. He shattered the bony arm holding the shield.

[10932] BD: 6 HIT MD: 4 MISS

~Niklaus~ 

11/11

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 (-2)

Gesturing with wide open arms, he taunted the skeletal warrior. "Is that the best you got?" Laughing maniacally he darted forwards and raised his blade. Holding it with blade pointing outward, Niklaus rushed in for another attack. He suddenly stopped however when the Warrior ran over to its shattered arm and reattached it like nothing happened. "Oh so you can reattach bones to yourself. Cheeky. To bad it won't be enough mate."

[10933] BD: 2 MISS MD: 5 MISS

~Niklaus~ 

11/11

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 

Continuing his attack, Niklaus lunged forward and grabbed the MoB by it's neck. The warrior took advantage of this and slashed Niklaus' arm. The attack left a crimson streak along Niklaus' right arm. Enraged Niklaus' eyes turned a yellowish tint resulting in an orange hazel iris. "That my friend was a fatal mistake." Releasing his grip on the creature, Nik spun his dagger around in the palm of his. Eyeing the skeleton, he slowly walked to it and loomed over the MoB. "Prepare to die."

[10934] BD: 4 MISS CD: 1 MD: 8 HIT

~Niklaus~ 

9/11 (-2)

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 (-0)

The undead warrior didn't take to kindly to Niklaus' threats. Jumping back, it lunged forward and stabbed Niklaus right in the gut. "You bastard! You have the nerve to stab the great Niklaus Mikaelson?" Ripping the blade from his stomach Niklaus eyes glowed with rage as he began to charge at the MoB once more.

[10952] BD: 4 MISS CD: 4 MD: 10 HIT

~Niklaus~ 

5/11 (-4)

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 (-0)

Niklaus moved with flickering speed, however he was still just a beginner with his dagger. As such, it was no surprise that the MoB deflected the attacks from the player. The clashed back and forth. Metal against Metal. Neither giving an inch. Niklaus was growing increasingly frustrated at the fact that a lowly MoB such as this could keep up with him. Disengaging the combat, Niklaus jumped back as he felt the a surge of sudden health. His battle healing had kicked in finally.

[10958] BD: 3 CD: 10 MD: 1 

~Niklaus~ 

6/11 (+1)

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 (-0)

Niklaus had let his anger best. Attacking in a blind rage, he swung sporadically. Attempting to outright murder the digital opponent in front of him. His swings never connected and in fact opened him up to several blows for the enemy. Staggering Niklaus was close to his limit. The MoB rattled with laughter as it assuredly dealt more damage to Nik. Am I to die such a regretful meaningless death. A Mikaelson, falling to a lowly skeleton. How absurd? Yet it couldn't be closer to the truth. Is this a sign? Should I have faced my demons and owned up to the mistakes of my life? How should I know? I'm just a man warped by his upbringing and damaged beyond repair. That is also why I refuse to die here.

Pushing himself of the ground, Nik grit his teeth and prepared for the worse.

[10971] BD: 4 CD: 1 MD: 8

~Niklaus~ 

4/11 (-2)

~Skeleton Warrior~

4/6 (-0)

Niklaus tackled the skeleton once more. Grabbing the figure, he stood up and snapped the neck of the skeleton. This dealt quite a bit of damage and Nik thought he had finally bested the creature, However. he was tragically mistaken. Proving once again that normal means don't affect this MoB, the skeleton warrior rose and unsnapped it's neck. Grabbing its sword and shield, the creature rushed Niklaus. Using its shield it parried a vicious swing from Nik's dagger and plunged its sword into his chest. Niklaus yelled in agony as he saw his health drop to the fatal zone. "I..have..o-one...da-a-amn HP l-e-eft.." Struggling to stand, Klaus gripped his dagger harder than ever. All this for some lousy dagger that at this point I may never get to use.

[10982] BD: 6 CD: 5 MD: 9

~Niklaus~ 

1/11 (-3)

~Skeleton Warrior~

2/6 (-2)

Niklaus, although very weakened, used every ounce of his remaining strength to attack the warrior. Stumbling, he ran towards the MoB and traded blows with it. He dodged several lethal swipes and had all of his swings deflected by the bastards shield. Having struggled to land a hit, he backed up a little to give himself space. A surging feeling occurred as he regained another sliver of health. He then , through pure determination, exploded with pure speed as he sunk his dagger deep into the eye socket of the creature. Feeling another surge as he made contact, another point of health made it's way to his HP bar. This was short lived, however, as the bar dropped into the red zone once more as he looked down to see a blade dispersing from his stomach.

The creature managed to get in one final attack before exploding into thousands of pixels. Niklaus dropped to his knees. He sat there and he weeped. He realized that this is truly a death game and nothing in this world is guaranteed. Not even for the great Niklaus. 

[10984] BD: 9 CD:11 LD: 1 MD: 7

~Niklaus~ 

1/11 (-2) (+2)

~Skeleton Warrior~ DEAD

0/6 (-3)

Niklaus

>Received 1 Resurrection Marrow (material)

Wiping away the tears he hadn't seen in years. Niklaus demeanor changed. One of ruthless, and murderous intent. He mentally vowed to kill anything or anyone that stood in his way. He will defeat Sword Art Online. And he will do it on his own terms. Collecting the orb, he began his weary walk back to the village. He took special care in making sure to steer clear of any MoB's or sketchy looking players.

Almost being killed by a measly skeleton. In what realm is that a possibility for a Mikaelson. That death is not fitting for someone of my status and I will make this world mine. One way or another...To do this I must find Beks first and recruit an army of players to be my underlings. i will start an empire. We will make the front lines and we will conquer the hundred floors of Aincrad. Gripping his dagger, he marched on through the fields of useless dandelions. 

Once at the gate he could begin to feel the healing affect of being in a safe zone. It was comforting to must, but Niklaus just saw it as another reason for players to be so weak. Safe zones kept player from adventuring out and doing what they were suppose to be doing. Clearing the damn game. Safe zones are what one would call, a necessary evil. Without them, no one would be safe obviously, but they also give those not willing to fight an excuse to keep their rotten lazy bottoms here while we do all the work clearing the game. Ungrateful bastards...

The shop quickly came into to view as Niklaus navigated the cobblestone roads leading to it. He shook his head to clear his mind of his earlier thoughts. Taking a deep breath he opened the door to the shop and was greeted once more by the girl. "You're back already?" Looking up, Nik scowled at the girl briefly before relaxing his expression and presenting the material need for his dagger. "One Resurrection Marrow for the lady" he said as he took a seat at a waiting table.

The girl excitedly took the material and went to the back room. Nik could here the sounds of a fire crackling to life and the sound of a hammer dropping repeatedly on what he assumed was the material. A couple minutes had passed, when Sai returned from the back. In her hand she gripped a dagger that instead of having metal for the blade, it was instead made of bone from the material. She dropped it in the players hand and skipped back around to her counter. "I won't charge you extra mats, as it seems you took quite the beating from that skeleton warrior. However, I do ask that you revisit sometime. I need more business at my shop." Nik nodded and  equipped the blade to his inventory.

Niklaus

>Received 1  Bone Dagger (weapon)